The Education Forum

Cesar Diosdado

Tim Gratz

A Jason Vermeer posted this recently on the JFK Lancer Forum:

This is from HSCA executive session dated 3-9-77...formerly, a secret document until opened in full 1-3-1997 (AARB).

Tanenbaum- "Diosdado is a very important person for us to speak to. In 1971, when the last attempt on Castro's life by Veciana failed, it was brought to light to Bishop that Veciana and Diosdado were planning to blame this attempted assassination in Chile on the Russians. In so doing, they tried to have some phony papers drawn up, some documents as well as photographs, depicting people in places where they in fact were not."

What?!?!? Cesar Diosdado and Antonio Veciana working TOGETHER? If you aren't familiar with my postings on Diosdado and information on JFK lancer in general, do a search to bring yourself up to speed or look up relevant sections in Gaeton Fonzi's "The last investigation".

Cesar Diosdado-the customs agent who is described as giving green or red lights to raids towards cuba, ran interference in the Hemming operation, cited as being a member of JM/WAVE and proved to be monitored with accolades by the CIA, later denies CIA affiliation to HSCA but a member of the retired intelligence officers club? Historically he is portrayed as a peripheral figure who questioned Antonio Veciana shortly after JFK was killed but WASN'T VECIANA SUPPOSED TO BE DISTRUSTFUL OF THIS GUY? HE TOLD FONZI HE DIDN'T MENTION SEEING OSWALD WITH BISHOP AND FIGURED DIOSDADO WAS CIA!! Tanenbaum now has the two working together!

1. WHERE did Tanenbaum come up with THAT information?

2. WHY isn't this "working relationship" regarding their efforts to kill castro mentioned in Fonzi's book? Is it because the information was released AFTER the "Last Investigation" was published?

3. Is Gaeton Fonzi aware of this transcript?

Last year, when I was posting and researching Diosdado (Diosdoda depending on who you ask) I contacted some sources in a southern Florida research group that left me with the impression that Diosdado was rather innocuous, no response from Gaeton Fonzi either. Then I read on another forum (Simkin forum I believe) around the same time that a Tim Gratz had become aware of emails regarding Diosdado and then THEY proceeded to try to contact him and then he wouldn't comment. I checked other forums and other than the info Wim posted that I gave him, I can only assume he was talking about me. I had no contact with Mr Gratz however. I do wonder if Gordon Winslow would be interested in the above transcript. Gaeton Fonzi said in a Cuban information archive interview he tried to get more info on Diosdado but apparantly couldn't. Tanenbaum sure had alot it seems.

Considering all of the above, it's mind boggling and I'm finding a hard time making a coherent post. I keep coming back to the mafia memoir indicating a rogue customs agent under trafficante's area (Florida) acted as a participant in JFK's murder. Jason.

Edited by Tim Gratz

I really don't think Diosdado was a conspirator but I do think he may have valuable information and ought to be added near the top of witnesses to be interviewed. (So far we have Marina, the Paines, and Robert Maheu.)

I would like to find out, among other things, who gave Diosdado the order to interview Veciana after the assassination.

Does anyone have any contact with Tannenbaum? A firsy step might be to ask him for the basis of the statement that he made that Diosdado was involved with Veciana in the Chile operation.

From Mr. Vermeer's post:

Gaeton Fonzi said in a Cuban information archive interview he tried to get more info on Diosdado but apparantly couldn't.

There is an interview with Mr. Fonzi on the Winslow web-site where Fonzi says he believes that there should be further investigation of Mr. Diosdado.

• 6 years later...

A Jason Vermeer posted this recently (note: in 2005 --T.Graves) on the JFK Lancer Forum:

This is from HSCA executive session dated 3-9-77...formerly, a secret document until opened in full 1-3-1997 (AARB).

Tanenbaum- "Diosdado is a very important person for us to speak to. In 1971, when the last attempt on Castro's life by Veciana failed, it was brought to light to Bishop that Veciana and Diosdado were planning to blame this attempted assassination in Chile on the Russians. In so doing, they tried to have some phony papers drawn up, some documents as well as photographs, depicting people in places where they in fact were not."

What?!?!? Cesar Diosdado and Antonio Veciana working TOGETHER? If you aren't familiar with my postings on Diosdado and information on JFK lancer in general, do a search to bring yourself up to speed or look up relevant sections in Gaeton Fonzi's "The last investigation".

Cesar Diosdado-the customs agent who is described as giving green or red lights to raids towards cuba, ran interference in the Hemming operation, cited as being a member of JM/WAVE and proved to be monitored with accolades by the CIA, later denies CIA affiliation to HSCA but a member of the retired intelligence officers club? Historically he is portrayed as a peripheral figure who questioned Antonio Veciana shortly after JFK was killed but WASN'T VECIANA SUPPOSED TO BE DISTRUSTFUL OF THIS GUY? HE TOLD FONZI HE DIDN'T MENTION SEEING OSWALD WITH BISHOP AND FIGURED DIOSDADO WAS CIA!! Tanenbaum now has the two working together!

1. WHERE did Tanenbaum come up with THAT information?

2. WHY isn't this "working relationship" regarding their efforts to kill castro mentioned in Fonzi's book? Is it because the information was released AFTER the "Last Investigation" was published?

3. Is Gaeton Fonzi aware of this transcript?

Last year, when I was posting and researching Diosdado (Diosdoda depending on who you ask) I contacted some sources in a southern Florida research group that left me with the impression that Diosdado was rather innocuous, no response from Gaeton Fonzi either. Then I read on another forum (Simkin forum I believe) around the same time that a Tim Gratz had become aware of emails regarding Diosdado and then THEY proceeded to try to contact him and then he wouldn't comment. I checked other forums and other than the info Wim posted that I gave him, I can only assume he was talking about me. I had no contact with Mr Gratz however. I do wonder if Gordon Winslow would be interested in the above transcript. Gaeton Fonzi said in a Cuban information archive interview he tried to get more info on Diosdado but apparantly couldn't. Tanenbaum sure had alot it seems.

Considering all of the above, it's mind boggling and I'm finding a hard time making a coherent post. I keep coming back to the mafia memoir indicating a rogue customs agent under trafficante's area (Florida) acted as a participant in JFK's murder. --Jason.

Thought I would bump this thread

--Tommt :sun

• 5 years later...