The Education Forum

Orlando Bosch

John Simkin

Mark, what do you mean when you say "the tape was never transmitted"?

I believe the tape has not yet been released, its contents being asserted secondhand.

T.C.

The reason that the tape is not released is unknown for me. I must examine the circumstances.

Mark

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Granma (30th August, 2006)

http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2006/agosto/mi.../36bosch-i.html

Bosch boasts of his terrorist

deeds in Miami

BY GABRIEL MOLINA

ORLANDO Bosch, the mastermind behind of the sabotage of the Cuban airplane off of Barbados, confessed that in 1971 he counted on the active complicity of General Manuel Contreras, Pinochet’s intelligence chief, in an assassination attempt on President Fidel Castro in Chile.

On August 16, the sinister pediatrician, accomplice of Luis Posada Carriles, recounted some of his exploits – although "the word terrorist has become a bad one" – to the Barcelona daily La Vanguardia

"We went to Buenos Aires and the journalist Manuel Fuentes put me in contact with Triple A, the most powerful anti-communist organization of the time, and we attacked the Cuban embassy. After that we did thousands of things…

"Under the presidency of Salvador Allende, Fidel spent a month in Chile. Two men from our group went to this country carrying journalist credentials from the Venezuelan television channel Venevision," Bosch revealed. "They were carrying a .45 caliber pistol inside a photographic camera. The plan was backed by the Chilean intelligence chief, Manuel Contreras. His agents told our men that they would throw them to the ground after they fired and simulate arresting them. They were two meters from Castro."

"What happened?" reporter Andy Robinson asked him in Miami.

"The guy who was supposed to do it, didn’t shoot. He got scared!"

Bosch also boasted about how they sent the Novo brothers to Spain in 1992, with false passports also to try and assassinate the Cuban president.

THE KILLERS OF FORMER CHILEAN FOREIGN MINISTER ORLANDO LETELIER

Like Bosch, the Novo Sampoll brothers, Ignacio y Guillermo, have a long history of terrorist actions that not only now "have become a bad word." This September 21 precisely marks the 30th anniversary of the bloody assassination of former Chilean Foreign Minister and ambassador Orlando Letelier and his secretary Ronni Moffit, in the middle of Washington, DC. When Bosch and Posada planned the sabotage of the Cuban airplane one month later in October 1976, they bragged —according to FBI documents— of their success in murdering Letelier.

These acts of terrorism by the gang of Bosch and Posada planned since June of that year 1976 in Santo Domingo, comprised what they decided to call "the war around the world," considered the basic antecedent of the Operation Condor: assassinations on any country, including Washington, with the blessing of the CIA.

However the life sentences and other heavy prison terms have been handed down to the five Cubans who tried to prevent such acts of terrorism in "around the world."

A good part of the gang was involved in the explosion of Letelier’s car along with Bosch and the Novo brothers: Alvin Ross, Virgilio Paz Romero, José Dionisio Suárez Esquivel, Michael Townsend and Juan Manuel Díaz, following the orders of Manuel Contreras and Pedro Espinosa, directors of Pinochet’s Intelligence and Operations, respectively, for whom these characters worked at the time.

And something even graver, the investigation by the U.S. Congress Select Committee pointed to the group, together with other members of the CIA’s famous Operation 40, Frank Sturgis and Pedro Díaz Lanz, as suspects in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Despite Guillermo Novo’s two life sentences, he is a free man today. It could be no less in the case of Bosch. In July 1990, Bush Sr. pardoned him and granted him permission to live in Miami, despite his criminal record that officially labels him a terrorist. Bush Sr. was one of the administrators of Operation 40.

While Bosch was reaffirming his terrorist past, it emerged that ultra-right Miami groups—still harboring frustration after President Fidel Castro’s recent surgery— are inciting plans against the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit scheduled for Havana from September 11-16.

Representatives of two groups accompanied by Cuban and Venezuelan activists are traveling to Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Peru and the Dominican Republic to develop a support campaign for their plans against the NAM Summit among the delegations from those countries, according to spokesperson María Eugenia Cosculluela.

La Vanguardia likewise noted that Bosch was imprisoned for five years in the United States for having fired a bazooka at a Polish ship in a Miami port in 1968, adding that "he spent seven years in a Venezuelan prison accused of attacking Cubana Flight 455—the aircraft exploded in mid-air off the coast of Barbados— in October 1976 causing the death of 73 passengers"… Bosch was freed in 1987 via gestures on his behalf made by Otto Reich.

Bosch claims that the CIA and the Cuban-American National Foundation participated in those plots only in determined periods.

He indirectly acknowledged his participation in the aircraft sabotage by stating to La Vanguardia, "For me it is a target of war. There are many things that I cannot say. But they were actions of war… We had agreed in Santo Domingo (when CORU was formed in 1976) that everything that comes out of Cuba and gives glory to Fidel would run the same risk as those of us combating the dictatorship."

Asked on present-day Cuba he affirmed that nothing could be done "due to the immense repression. The only thing that you can do is stick up signs." He did not specify if he was referring to the messages on the U.S. Interest Section’s electronic billboard along the coast in Havana, but he recalled that 10 years ago "there were attacks on hotels in Havana."

"Luis Posada did that. He paid a Salvadorian and a Central American. Because they’re half starving, you give them $100 and they’ll do anything… This one entered Cuba, carried the material in a television. He planted three bombs, one in a hotel that killed an Italian; another in the Bodeguita del Medio."

Bosch admitted that they presented the attacks as acts by members of the Cuban army "to create propaganda."

"But today it is difficult to find someone ready to do something... We sent one guy there. Instead of going there, he went to went to Santo Domingo to hook up with a whore. Today things are real bad."

"What do you think about being called a terrorist?" asked Robinson.

"Since 9-11, the word terrorist has become a bad word. But U.S. soldiers are killing thousands of women and children in Iraq. Throwing flowers at Fidel doesn’t do anything."

He also admitted to attacking Spanish ships:

"Yes, in 1968. We had 11 scuba divers. It was them who mined the Santurce vessel. In Miami, we Cubans were really angry with Spain… because Spain was making an entry into Cuba with Meliá, putting up hotels, etc. "

Bosch slipped up there. The Meliá chain did not move into Cuba until 20 years later. But he doesn’t have any arguments.

It would be interesting to know Aznar’s opinion and that of those in the EU who still wish to sanction Cuba.

When asked if he would do it all over again, Bosch concluded by savoring his criminal impunity:

"I would have done everything the same."

The New York Times in its August 17, 1989 edition, reported that Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen met with President George W. Bush (Sr.) to ask him to pardon Orlando Bosch.

The meeting was organized by Jeb Bush, the president’s son, who was then acting as director of Ros-Lehtinen’s election campaign.

When the president pardoned Bosch on July 20 of that year, the New York Times was the only media agency to criticize it in an editorial.

Manuel Contreras Sepúlveda, the notorious, murderous chief of Pinochet’s intelligence services, has stated that Bush Sr. was one of the organizers of Bosch’s gang, the Coordination of United Revolutionary Organizations (CORU) and Operation Condor.

According to Pedro Escalona Carullo, a Cuban citizen born in Miami and who had been infiltrated into the main Cuban terrorist organizations based in the United States, the pardon wasn’t at all strange. Escalona has testified in court that former president Bush Sr., when he was CIA general director in 1976, organized an commando called CORE to carry out "war around the world," and placed notorious terrorist Orlando Bosch at the head of it, which was when the attack on the Polonika took place and he was given a 10-year prison terms, serving four years of it.

In Venezuela, he and Luis Posada Carriles organized the bombing of the airliner over Barbados in 1976. Both were convicted, but Bosch was able to get out of prison with the help of Otto Reich and Posada escaped from prison.

Bosch moved to Miami in 1988, but the U.S. immigration authorities refused to legalize his entry into the country due to Department of Justice documentation classifying him as the worst terrorist in the United States, and specifying that while he was out bail, with six years of his sentence to go, he had escaped from the United States.

Bosch instructed Adriana, his wife, to find him lawyers and told her that he was threatening to confess everything about the sabotage of the Cuban passenger plane after its take-off from Barbados, resulting in the death of 73 people.

That May, U.S. immigration authorities told him that he would be deported, which produced a mobilization by his friends. In order to implement his threat, the mastermind behind the Barbados crime wrote a letter narrating all the facts, which he handed over to Pedro Corzo.

In November, the U.S. presidential elections took place and were won by Bush. It wasn’t at all strange that Bush "pardoned him."

.../...

And something even graver, the investigation by the U.S. Congress Select Committee pointed to the group, together with other members of the CIA’s famous Operation 40, Frank Sturgis and Pedro Díaz Lanz, as suspects in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

.../...

Despite Guillermo Novo’s two life sentences, he is a free man today. It could be no less in the case of Bosch. In July 1990, Bush Sr. pardoned him and granted him permission to live in Miami, despite his criminal record that officially labels him a terrorist. Bush Sr. was one of the administrators of Operation 40.

.../...

John,

Thank you to have posted this article.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that OBA was in Dealey Plaza on 22nd November, 1963.

"The Cuban" aka "The accomplice (TA)" aka "Dark Complected Man" aka "Umbrella Man Firend" is (was) Orlando Bosch Avila!!!

See: Was Orlando Bosch Avila in Dealey Plaza? :)

Best regards B)

.../...

.../...

.../...

John,

Thank you to have posted this article.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that OBA was in Dealey Plaza on 22nd November, 1963.

"The Cuban" aka "The accomplice (TA)" aka "Dark Complected Man" aka "Umbrella Man Firend" is (was) Orlando Bosch Avila!!!

See: Was Orlando Bosch Avila in Dealey Plaza? :)

Best regards ;)

Interesting and fairly convincing. What was his height and does it match the photo of this person walking away? Any ideas as to his 'pal' TUM's identity?

I bet my money on either Gordon Novell or Roy Hargraves.

Mark

Here are two CIA reports that help to explain the role that the CIA played in the assassination of Orlando Letelier and the bombing of Cubana Flight 455 via Orlando Bosch, Luis Posada and Frank Castro.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB157/index.htm

(1) CIA, Secret Intelligence Report, Activities of Cuban Exile Leader Orlando Bosch During his Stay in Venezuela (14th October, 1976)

A source in Venezuela supplied the CIA with detailed intelligence on a fund raiser held for Orlando Bosch and his organization CORU after he arrived in Caracas in September 1976. The source described the dinner at the house of a Cuban exile doctor, Hildo Folgar, which included Venezuelan government officials. Bosch was said to have essentially asked for a bribe in order to refrain from acts of violence during the United Nations meeting in November 1976, which would be attended by Venezuelan President Carlos Andres Perez. He was also quoted as saying that his group had done a "great job" in assassinating former Chilean ambassador Orlando Letelier in Washington D.C. on September 21, and now was going to "try something else." A few days later, according to this intelligence report, Luis Posada Carriles was overheard to say that "we are going to hit a Cuban airplane" and "Orlando has the details."

(2) CIA, Secret Memorandum to the FBI, Information Regarding Anti-Castro Figures Possibly Involved in Neutrality or Other Violations of Federal Law (9th December, 1976)

In the aftermath of the bombing of the Cubana flight, the CIA ran "traces" on dozens of anti-Castro exiles who might be linked to this atrocity. This document records the summaries of traces on the two exiles who had by then been arrested in Caracas, Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada. The CIA noted that agents had had multiple contacts with Bosch in 1962 and 1963; and the Agency acknowledged that it had employed Luis Posada starting in 1965 and that he was a "demolitions expert." The CIA also noted that he provided information to them on the activities of other exile groups. It censored a section of the document that described the services he performed for the CIA while a high official in the Venezuelan secret police, DISIP, between 1967 and 1974. Other CIA records show that the Agency continued to have contact with Posada until June of 1976, more than eleven years after he was first recruited.

• 2 months later...

Last night C4 showed Dollan Cannell’s documentary, “638 ways to Kill Fidel Castro”. It included an interview with with Orlando Bosch. He was asked if he and the CIA were involved in the bombing of Cubana Flight 455. Bosch replied that he was not allowed to talk about such matters. He was therefore not able to answer “yes” or “no”. He then pointed out that he had been accused of organizing the placing of bombs on three Cuban planes. He then went onto to justify this action by claiming that as far as he was concerned he was a soldier carrying out orders in a war against Castro.

The film then showed a clip of George Bush making a speech where he says “people who harbour terrorists, are also terrorists”. This was followed by an explanation of how the Bush family had protected Bosch and Posada over the years. In case the viewer had not grasped the point, Wayne Smith appeared on camera to argue that by his own definition, George Bush was a terrorist.

Orlando Bosch looks in poor health. I would recommend that any JFK researcher based in the US should get to him as quickly as possible. Bosch is talking.

Orlando Bosch looks in poor health. I would recommend that any JFK researcher based in the US should get to him as quickly as possible. Bosch is talking.

Dear John,

Dear Members,...

John, thank you VERY MUCH for your last post!

For sure, it would be very interesting, especially now, to ask Bosch once again:

Were you in Dealey Plaza on the 22nd November, 1963?

John and All,

I completely forgot to relay, on this Forum, a very astonishing information…

On 1st September, 2006, Digital Granma Interacional has quoted my work regarding O.B.A. !!!

Very intriguing, not? :huh:

Here the link toward Granma: http://www.granma.cu/espanol/2006/septiemb...r1/galeria.html

The original page: http://www.copweb.be/Orlando%20Bosch%20Avila.htm

A screenshot of the original page (if this one disappeared one day): http://www.copweb.be/Granma%20Internacional.htm :P

Best regards to All !!! B)

Best regards to you, Marcel. Myra Bronstein mentioned the French portion of your webpage yesterday.

Your work on Bosch (and the rest of your research) is very interesting. Most importantly, you are a very good man.

Michael,

Thank you very much for your kind words, really ! :huh:

I have read Myra’s post, the page in question is introducing the work of Duncan MacRae and Christian Toussay regarding the Dal-Tex Shooter.

I’m very busy for the moment :P , therefore I only work onto topics in French. :(

By the way, recently I have launched, in collaboration with Alain Boquet (French Researcher), five pages in French.

These pages are related to the Witnesses photographed in Dealey Plaza, there are also several links toward their testimonies regarding the number of shots they heard (W.C. or HSCA in English).

As soon as possible, I will translate these pages in English. B)

Interested? Hereunder the links toward these pages:

http://www.copweb.be/Les%20temoins%20de%20Dealey%20Plaza.htm

http://www.copweb.be/Les%20temoins%20de%20...y%20Plaza-2.htm

http://www.copweb.be/Les%20temoins%20de%20...y%20Plaza-3.htm

http://www.copweb.be/Les%20temoins%20de%20...y%20Plaza-4.htm

http://www.copweb.be/Les%20temoins%20de%20...y%20Plaza-5.htm

Best regards from Belgium...

• 10 months later...

Hi ! :lol:

Two new pages on Orlando Bosch were recently launched on the WWW.

These pages present small clips (video and audio) of well known persons who testify that Orlando Bosch was present on Dealey Plaza the day of the assassination.

James E. Files: http://www.copweb.be/James%20Files-Orlando...sch%20Avila.htm

Chauncey Holt: http://www.copweb.be/Chauncey%20Holt-Orlando%20Bosch.htm

The original OBA page: http://www.copweb.be/Orlando%20Bosch%20Avila.htm

The same (in French): http://www.copweb.be/Orlando%20Bosch%20Avila%20(fr).htm

In August 2007, I have sent mails to the Senate and to the Congress of the United States of America about this topic, I’m still awaiting their answer(s)... :(

Sorry for the long absence, very busy in the Real Life... (away from the Cyber-Life) :huh:

Best regards from Belgium,... ;)

Marcel

Edited by Marcel Dehaeseleer

.../... I see you also have a 911 site. NB - don't hold your breath waiting for an answer on OBA from Congress!

I know,... :(

Dear Peter,

Thanks a lot for your very kind answer!

Indeed, I have launched a new website related to the 911 attacks (in French).

For the French-speaking visitors of the Forum, the reading of the page related to Sibel Edmonds should be very informative!

The facts (briefly) : During their "false escape" from the FBI’s investigations, the Dickerson family (Melek Can and the Major Douglas S. Dickerson and their children) lived in Belgium (mission for the NATO) during almost three years!

The second part of that page is made of revelations coming from a "contact" (an Official who belongs to the NATO).

I got six official documents who attest of the rightness of that contact’s assertions.

But, that’s another story! :lol:

Best regards,...

Marcel

• 1 month later...

Both James Files and the late Chauncey Holt confirms that they saw Orlando Bosch in Dealey Plaza. Chauncey Holt also confirms that he saw two other Cuban-American CIA Operatives, such as Frank Sturgis and Luis Posada Carriles were also present in Dealey Plaza.

Did Holt say he saw Bosch and Posada in DP, or did he just say that he had false credentials that were intended for them?

Somewhere there is a list of the people who Holt said he had credentials for. I believe that Bosch and Posada were names on that list, but I've lost the list, or rather the doc that contained it. It is not in Holt's interview, it was in some other doc.

Do you know the doc I'm talking about and where it can be found?

On Chauncey's interview from 1992 from 1:47 to 1: 52 he talks about names he recalls from the secret service badges . He mentions Rolando Otero, Rolando Masferrer, Orlando Bosch and Aldo Vera Seraphin.

Shortly thereafter he talks about the reloading of ammunition (sabot slugs). That is very illustrative too, because it seems that for the assassination, 6.5 mm bullets (fired with Mannlicher Carcano's in water or cotton wads) were reloaded in 7.5 mm cartridges in order to fire them from high power, high velocity rifles (like Mausers or Marlins 7.5 mm). If those bullets were found, they would still be traceable to Oswald's Mannlicher Carcano.

The so called "single bullet" shows all the characteristics of such a virtually pristine bullet fired only once in water or cotton wads. It could well have been planted on Kennedy's stretcher by Jack Ruby, who was seen in Parkland hospital by his friend Seth Kantor. He planted it on Kennedy's stretcher, the wrong stretcher, for he had no idea that 6 months later, the Warren Commission needed to come up with the theory that a single bullet pierced through both Kennedy and Connally.

What he says about Posada and Bosch is here:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlLSg0btss

• 3 years later...