The Education Forum

Oswald's Brothers

Len Colby

I read this online "What is it with brothers? The Hlava brothers, the Naudet brothers, the Pfeifer brothers, the Bin Ladin brothers, the Bushes, the Kennedys, the Dulleses, the Oswalds, the Cabells [one the Mayor of Dallas, the other the deputy to one of the Dulleses at the CIA until one of the Kennedys fired them both]. At least four pairs of brothers in the Dallas story and five in the 9/11 one"

It sounds like prue looney tunes CT to me but I just want to make sure. Were either of Oswald's brothers tied in any way to the assassination?

I read this online "What is it with brothers? The Hlava brothers, the Naudet brothers, the Pfeifer brothers, the Bin Ladin brothers, the Bushes, the Kennedys, the Dulleses, the Oswalds, the Cabells [one the Mayor of Dallas, the other the deputy to one of the Dulleses at the CIA until one of the Kennedys fired them both]. At least four pairs of brothers in the Dallas story and five in the 9/11 one"

It sounds like prue looney tunes CT to me but I just want to make sure. Were either of Oswald's brothers tied in any way to the assassination?

Hey Len,

I'll give you a comeback on this one.

Oswald had two brothers, Robert Oswald and Edward Pic. Since their father had died, they moved around to different schools, and for awhile were in an orphinage. Robert joined the USMC and Oswald followed him, reportedly memorazing his USMC Handbook before he was 17, and enlisting before graduating from HS.

Lee and Robert were not close, though they did exchange correspondence when Oswald in USSR, and stayed with Robert briefly when he returned from USSR and Robert visited Lee in Dallas prison after his arrest.

Pic joined the Coast Guard, lived in New York City, where Lee and his mother visited for awhile. Later Edward, after getting out of the Coast Guard, joined the Air Force and was statined at Lackland AFB in Texas at the time of the assassination.

Lackland AFB was associated with the Indiana rifle incident, and near the San Antonio hub of a number of military bases, including Brooks Medical Facility, where JFK visited on 11/21/63, and Ft. Sam Houston, home of the 4th Army.

I don't know if there is any signifiance to the initials, like Jefferson Davis Tippit, but Robert, Edward and Lee -also has deep signifiance in the South.

BK

Robert Oswald supports the WC findings. It's odd enough for anyone to be a lone nutter; when it's the lone nut's own brother, it would seem inexplicable. But then John Armstrong (of the two-Oswald theory) says that Robert Oswald supports the WC knowing full well that the man who shot JFK was not his brother (Harvey and Lee, p. 97).

Robert Oswald supports the WC findings. It's odd enough for anyone to be a lone nutter; when it's the lone nut's own brother, it would seem inexplicable. But then John Armstrong (of the two-Oswald theory) says that Robert Oswald supports the WC knowing full well that the man who shot JFK was not his brother (Harvey and Lee, p. 97).

Hi Ron.

Did you know that he recently offered his set of the Warren Report [autographed] for sale on eBay? I wrote to the seller and asked that he pass along a request for any more photos of Lee that may not have been published. Maybe I'll follow up on that one again.

It's still my impression that some of the 'Lee' photos are composites. Wonder what Robert's response to that would be.

Interesting that he is selling it [or sold it - I didn't watch it] anyway.

- lee

Bill,

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry to change the subject of this thread, but I've been wondering about your progress in trying get a grand jury convened. Haven't heard anything for well over a year. What's the current status?

RJS

Hello Richard,

The idea behind the JFK Grand Jury stems from past COPA conferences, usually at the end of the last day, on the topic of "Where do we go from here?"

The one thing that we all agree on - is that many questions remain unanswered, many witnesses and suspects remain unquestioned, and many documents we know exist have been denied or destroyed.

The goal of getting new witness testimony, under oath, is an obtainable one, either in civil court (ie libel), Congressional hearing in DC, or in criminal court, which would require grand jury indictments.

There has only been one grand jury conveined on the JFK case that I know of - in New Oreland Parish by Jim Garrison, the proceedings of which have been salvaged, released and posted on line.

A new grand jury is necessary however, if there is to be any criminal indictments.

Dallas would be a natural, but the authorities there are reluctnat to tackle this case, and now that there'sa new DA in New Orleans (Cronick is gone), there is a new window of opportunity in the Big Easy, but a Special Federal Grand Jury would be easiest and best.

While it wasn't a federal crime to kill the pres in 1963, it was a federal crime to conspire to do so, and conspiracy can most definately be shown, at least enogh to conveine a grand jury.

There are three, maybe four natural jurisdictions on the JFK Assassination that could be used - North Texas, La., Miami and DC, with DC being the most likely since that is where most of the evidence is now.

The best part of getting a Grand Jury in motion is that you don't have to convince a lot of people - really only one or two - an assistant district attorney willing to carry the case to the jury, and his boss - the Federal Attorney or the district - but the case must be laid out before them and the living witnesses listed and where to contact them to be subpoened, what the issues are and what questions to ask them, under oath.

The recent Special Federal Grand Jury that investigated the CIA-Plame leak is a good example of the type of special federal grand jury that is needed. Other similar grand juries are the Rocky Flats Grand Jury in Colorado and the Chile Ambassador assassination in DC.

Those interested in grand juries can check out the web site of the University of Dayton, Ohio Law School, whose dean is the authority on grand juries. She has also agreed to assist us in the prepearation of the petition to the federal attornies, which is still in the works. At least a half dozen other lawyers have also agreed to help and are doing so. We are also exploring the idea of conducting a Mock JFK Grand Jury and film the proceedings. Since real grand juries are secret, not even defense lawyers are admitted, a mock grand jury would show people not only how grand juries work, but make them familiar with the real evidence in the case.

The best part of the grand jury petiton is that once the jury is conveined, (it lasts 18 months), only the evidence of crimes is presented - documents and witnesses are subpeoened and testimony taken under oath. If the jury determines there is enough evidence, then indictments are issued, not only for conspiracy, but homicide, perjury, destruction of evidence, obstruction of justice, etc.

While we have yet to introduce the petion and the requests to the DAs, we will document the case and publicize the response. Those who sign the petion at Petitiononline.com will be kept informed of its progress.

And to bring this back around on topic, if a grand jury is conveined, you can be sure that Robert Oswald will be called and questioned.

Link to JFK Grand Jury Petiton:

http//www.petitiononline.com/jfkgjury/petition.html

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Edited by William Kelly