The Education Forum

A Question for Ron Ecker

Tim Gratz

Guest Stephen Turner

Tim, Ms Foster has alluded that I am a nixon appologist. I am more than happy to leave the task of enlightenment up to your good self. Steve.

Stephen, to Lynne you are a Nixon apologist if you do not believe he masterminded the murders of JFK, RFK, Martin Luther King, Jr. and John Lennon. (Did I miss anyone?) Actually I think she realized Tricky Dick must have whacked poor old John Lennon when she saw the photograph of Nixon shaking hands with Elvis. As you probably recall, Elvis thought the Beatles were corrupting American youth.

Can you believe she actually thought Ron was an apologist for Nixon?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Actually I trace the downfall of American culture to the time that the New York Times started to permit color in its photographs and advertisements.

I have and still do, have a tremendous respect for the members of this Forum and the Forum itself, but I do believe there has been a deterioration in the 'level of debate' lately. It is so epidemic in our culture these day's that 'personal accountability' in many, many cases these day's in regards to allegations founded in fact are reposnded both in the field of politics and culture in general, are not met with responses to the same but with a counter-charge.

Before I joined the Forum, I was, and still am, a member of the JFK Lancer Forum, there was a period when there was a certain individual who wreaked havoc there although his MO was being an apologist for the WC to the point that he made Gerald Posner look slovenly in comparison. (If one has any curiousity about this go to the reviews for the Warren Commission 26 volumeson Amazon.com and look for the most extreme positive review and you will find out what mean. He eventually was banned from the JFK Debate because he was such an agitator, and so forth).

I am old fashioned in the sense that "I may disagree with what your'e saying but I defend your right to say it." Diversity in viewpoints, is an essential hallmark of civilized debate, it is only when the debate becomes un-civilized when I have a problem with it. John Simkin, I believe has bent over backwards, to be democratic about a similar situation that has unfolded here, the only point I would like to make is that there has only been one person on the Forum the last 2 months, that has been 'over the top' in the sense that if you don't agree with said viewpoints you and your motives are treated with disdain 'which would be an understatement, to say the least.

Final word: If it walks like a duck, quack's like a duck, and has feathers, it is a duck.

I would ask other members of the Forum, if the level of debate the last 2 months has been what it was previously, and at the very least maybe the threads on the JFK Debate have taken a tilt towards 'Alice in Wonderland' in some cases?

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Stephen Turner

Robert, Mayhap the answer is to invite said Member to lay out, in a looong post, all the evidence she has against Garrison, Hoover, Nixon etc etc, in ONE thread,with no use of links, URL's or whatever. This will have two possitive effects.1, It would allow members to debate this evidence in one place, rather than in a piecemeal fasion. 2, It would allow others who quite frankly can't be bothered, to carry on with their useful research, and informative posts without juvinile name calling and the like. FWIW Steve.

PS was the Lancer xxxxx Dave Von Pien?

Robert, Mayhap the answer is to invite said Member to lay out, in a looong post, all the evidence she has against Garrison, Hoover, Nixon etc etc, in ONE thread,with no use of links, URL's or whatever. This will have two possitive effects.1, It would allow members to debate this evidence in one place, rather than in a piecemeal fasion. 2, It would allow others who quite frankly can't be bothered, to carry on with their useful research, and informative posts without juvinile name calling and the like. FWIW Steve.

PS was the Lancer xxxxx Dave Von Pien?

Correctomundo, on both counts.

Guest Stephen Turner
Tim, do you believe in dumb threads?

Never mind that, take up the challenge contained in my last post, time to put up or shut up Ms Foster.

Careful, Stephen...it appears you're about to be labelled an apologist for Garrison/Nixon/LBJ/Garrison/Nixon/Hoover/Garrison/Nixon/Roselli/Garrison/Nixon/Marcello/Garrison/Nixon/Trafficante/Garrison/Nixon/Howard Hughes/Howard the Duck/Daffy Duck/Mickey Mouse/Bullwinkle J. Moose...and did I mention Garrison and Nixon?

And why is this thread being ignored? Don't you want to know the truth? It's been nearly two hours since Ms. Foster has replied on this thread...what's she afraid of? Why is she ignoring it?

Maybe because she's now defending Nixon and Garrison and LBJ and Hoover and the ice cream man who doesn't run his truck down her street in the wintertime? What's up with THAT? Maybe HE's busy defending Nixon et al in the winter....

Have I yet reached the level of absurdity that Ms. Foster does?

And WHY am I defending Ms. Foster? And WHY is she ignoring this thread?

[How'm I doing on the Lynne impression?]

Edited by Mark Knight