The Education Forum

Most Recent De-Classified Douments

Robert, you might try contacting NARA staff but for practical purposes they are no longer

separating newly released documents but rather filing them back in folders and boxes

along with older documents.

Which means literally researchers have to go back into old material and parse to look

for additions, makes it extremely difficult to locate new stuff.

One tactic is to do periodic online NARA searches against your favorite topics and keep

count of which and how many are listed....I've watched the releases for Morales, Phillips

and other topics like AM/WORLD rise constantly over the last few years. Again, pretty

time consuming and certainly behind the curve as the online listings take longer to

update....

If you find a short cut let us know, Larry

Larry, it seems to me the problem must affect other researchers (i.e non JFK related as well).

The solution is to require the agency to use the computer technology to establish a much easier system. I am sure it would not be that difficult for a computer consultant to formulate such a system.

The above is a great example why I am a conservative and believe in private enterprise rather than big government.

Guest Stephen Turner
The above is a great example why I am a conservative and believe in private enterprise rather than big government.

Oh yeah,great idea. they would have all been sold off to the highest bidder by know. disappeared into private collections, never to be seen again. One things for certain,you would not be viewing them free of charge on the net. ;) Steve.

One of the frustrating things for me, not being in the U.S. is that NARA don't have the actual documents available online. I really wish they would do this. It would save so much time and hassle of writing or calling to get them. I know it must be a huge job to do what with the number of documents they have but even if they could put at least some on there it would be helpful. It's annoying when you can read the actual index of what they have on there online but not the document itself!