The Education Forum

Arlen Specter's latest triumph

Ron Ecker

Steve,

You're not alone. I'm struggling to understand what Tom's talking about, too.

I think Tom's just an elderly gentleman who, like the rest of us, appreciates being understood. He doesn't need me to 'defend' him, but I appreciate his input (particularly now as John is putting things together that are connected to things Tom has been talking about all along) and want to see him (and Al and Gerry and Harry) writing about the assassination in his (their) own way. There's a lot of information there. Take it or leave it, we all have discerning brains. Tom would have to correct me on this but I suspect that culturally the old NO and other places has a language/way of expressing etc that is not only from england. There are particularly French and African influences. Words are put sometimes in different order. That's one thing. Otherwise I think it's age, education and class. Someone who displays differences to others should not have those differences become a measure of content.

I find Tom at times hard to understand (big deal) in the long run however, less so.

All this aside I hope to see contributions to John Simkin latest topics, he has asked people to hold off till he gets it out, once it's there, analysis by Tom will be most interesting.

(BTW on this 'annoying as crime' topic, americans:: please don't restrain yourselves, it's certainly not a crime to be annoying to me for example, and I'm sure many other non americans couldn't care less either.)

Edited by John Dolva

Arlen Spector is reputed to be the author of the 'magic bullet' theory. After that, anything that comes out of his mouth is suspect.

Actually!

The "birth" of the SBT lies in this police report.

Merely that Specter "polished" this pig and placed it into a new suit for it's debut into society.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/02/0241-001.gif

Tom

Steve,

I think Tom's just an elderly gentleman who, like the rest of us, appreciates being understood. He doesn't need me to 'defend' him, but I appreciate his input (particularly now as John is putting things together that are connected to things Tom has been talking about all along) and want to see him (and Al and Gerry and Harry) writing about the assassination in his (their) own way. There's a lot of information there. Take it or leave it, we all have discerning brains. Tom would have to correct me on this but I suspect that culturally the old NO and other places has a language/way of expressing etc that is not only from england. There are particularly French and African influences. Words are put sometimes in different order. That's one thing. Otherwise I think it's age, education and class. Someone who displays differences to others should not have those differences become a measure of content.

I find Tom at times hard to understand (big deal) in the long run however, less so.

All this aside I hope to see contributions to John Simkin latest topics, he has asked people to hold off till he gets it out, once it's there, analysis by Tom will be most interesting.

(BTW on this 'annoying as crime' topic, americans:: please don't restrain yourselves, it's certainly not a crime to be annoying to me for example, and I'm sure many other non americans couldn't care less either.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Tom's just an elderly gentleman who

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elderly?--------------------How about just OLD!

Gentleman?-----My Officer Commision states "Officer & Gentleman", of which the latter has always been a debatable subject!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciates being understood.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct that one to: "appreciates persons who demonstrate the abilities to take information and knowledge and therafter follow up this information with their own separate and independent research in order to either validate or invalidate the stated information".

He doesn't need me to 'defend' him,

Correct! He is not, and has never been "lonely" out here on this limb by himself.

And although a few have made attempt to sever the limb, their background & qualifications in "trimming", has hardly sufficed to do more than scratch the bark.

Future history as revealed by those who now know more in regards to which trails/branches to follow will either saw the limb off, or else support this branch which leads to a separate path of understanding of LHO and his reasons for having been the sole "assassin" of JFK.

Tom would have to correct me on this but I suspect that culturally the old NO and other places has a language/way of expressing etc that is not only from england. There are particularly French and African influences. Words are put sometimes in different order. That's one thing. Otherwise I think it's age, education and class. Someone who displays differences to others should not have those differences become a measure of content.

The sociological order of New Orleans, as well as close surrounding area, is unlike any other place in the US.

In my home state (MS), one can purchase a car tag which clearly displays the "Rebel" flag, as well as the logo which demonstrates "Son's of Confederate Veterans".

With which I truely have no problem, as most of those from this area who served and died, actually never owned slaves.

However, the majority of Mississippi's racism comes from a pure "redneck" society of the uneducated who have often been led to believe that the reasons for their lack of advancement in society is a result of equality of the race's actions.

New Orleans contains the single most "racist" society which I have ever encountered anywhere. And, this attitude has long been fostered from the "top" down.

In fact, the "ultra-elite" of New Orleans pretty much include all lower classes of society into their realm of classifications of "sociological trash".

Nowhere on this planet have I ever encountered, (as a group) such a class of persons, who by virtue of their heritage; position; and wealth, demonstrated such an attitude of superiority.

And, although time and sociological change have diminished and diluted this attitude from what it was in the 1960's, it most assuredly is not dead.

And, neither are the "spawn" of it's influence.

Perhaps due to the fact that you do not merely "take" what is presented, and actually have made, to the extend possible, an attempt to research the known and published history of this area.

And again, it is somewhat like "combat".

An intellectual understanding is an essential element of learning, however, until such time as one has had to actually duck the bullets and observed the results on the human bodies around him, the full realm of "learning" has not been achieved.

No matter how much I or others may "rant and rave" as regards what may or may not have existed in New Orleans, LA during the 1960's, unless one was there and ultimately gained exposure to a variety of those persons within the socialogical order, it can not be fully understood.

After the forced segregation of Tulane University and the NO school system, on any given day, one could have easily recruited no less than 100 volunteers to shoot JFK------for free!

And, not unlike the Metgar Evars shooting, they would have made an attempt to carry it out.

Note: Just because Beckwith was from Tennessee does not mean that Byron DeLa Beckwith is a Tennessee name.

Lee Harvey Oswald was fully of the "home grown" variety, and as such was an integral part of the assassination of JFK.

Thereafter, this leaves three scenarios which to follow on, and which unfortunately will most probably never be fully resolved:

1. LHO was, as many suspect, merely designated "scapegoat" who was ultimately lead down the rabbit hole to his ultimate end.

2. LHO was, a cooperating conspiratant who although not the shooter, was the disignated "rabbit" to be chased, while the actual "Lone" triggerman disappeared into oblivion.

3. LHO was, the single/lone assassin, who was the executing part of this conspiracy.

If, and when, those who possess the knowledge and capability do so, follow these trails, then we will know much more in regards to the assassination than we currently know today.

And those who continue to expouse the many other asinine alternatives can either continue to be lost in the dark, chasing the smoke and tales (or tails) of confusion.

Be it created by mere lack of knowledge and understanding, or of an intentional motive.

40+ years of attempting to "lump" the entire realm of the JFK assassination into a single problem and answer, which includes:LHO; Jack Ruby; The WC; Arlen Specter; The FBI/CIA/ONI/NSA/Mafia/Anti-Castro Cubans/Pro-Castro Cubans, and just about anyone else in society that someone has a dislike for, has lead this subject matter to even more confusion than existed after the WC issued it's final report.

And thus, many are attempting to resolve the "nuclear physics" problem, when in fact they have not mastered the 9th grade math first.

LHO and Jack Ruby are at the heart of this matter.

Until one resolves who and what they were, as well as from what they were "nurtured", then it is quite unlikely that they will manage to follow the trail back, and ultimatey find the common key which links these trails.

And even then, it will always be only the "circumstantial" linkage.

Steve,

I think Tom's just an elderly gentleman who

Elderly?--------------------How about just OLD!

Gentleman?-----My Officer Commision states "Officer & Gentleman", of which the latter has always been a debatable subject!

appreciates being understood.

Correct that one to: "appreciates persons who demonstrate the abilities to take information and knowledge and therafter follow up this information with their own separate and independent research in order to either validate or invalidate the stated information".

He doesn't need me to 'defend' him,

Correct! He is not, and has never been "lonely" out here on this limb by himself.

And although a few have made attempt to sever the limb, their background & qualifications in "trimming", has hardly sufficed to do more than scratch the bark.

Future history as revealed by those who now know more in regards to which trails/branches to follow will either saw the limb off, or else support this branch which leads to a separate path of understanding of LHO and his reasons for having been the sole "assassin" of JFK.

Tom would have to correct me on this but I suspect that culturally the old NO and other places has a language/way of expressing etc that is not only from england. There are particularly French and African influences. Words are put sometimes in different order. That's one thing. Otherwise I think it's age, education and class. Someone who displays differences to others should not have those differences become a measure of content.

The sociological order of New Orleans, as well as close surrounding area, is unlike any other place in the US.

In my home state (MS), one can purchase a car tag which clearly displays the "Rebel" flag, as well as the logo which demonstrates "Son's of Confederate Veterans".

With which I truely have no problem, as most of those from this area who served and died, actually never owned slaves.

However, the majority of Mississippi's racism comes from a pure "redneck" society of the uneducated who have often been led to believe that the reasons for their lack of advancement in society is a result of equality of the race's actions.

New Orleans contains the single most "racist" society which I have ever encountered anywhere. And, this attitude has long been fostered from the "top" down.

In fact, the "ultra-elite" of New Orleans pretty much include all lower classes of society into their realm of classifications of "sociological trash".

Nowhere on this planet have I ever encountered, (as a group) such a class of persons, who by virtue of their heritage; position; and wealth, demonstrated such an attitude of superiority.

And, although time and sociological change have diminished and diluted this attitude from what it was in the 1960's, it most assuredly is not dead.

And, neither are the "spawn" of it's influence.

Perhaps due to the fact that you do not merely "take" what is presented, and actually have made, to the extend possible, an attempt to research the known and published history of this area.

And again, it is somewhat like "combat".

An intellectual understanding is an essential element of learning, however, until such time as one has had to actually duck the bullets and observed the results on the human bodies around him, the full realm of "learning" has not been achieved.

No matter how much I or others may "rant and rave" as regards what may or may not have existed in New Orleans, LA during the 1960's, unless one was there and ultimately gained exposure to a variety of those persons within the socialogical order, it can not be fully understood.

After the forced segregation of Tulane University and the NO school system, on any given day, one could have easily recruited no less than 100 volunteers to shoot JFK------for free!

And, not unlike the Metgar Evars shooting, they would have made an attempt to carry it out.

Note: Just because Beckwith was from Tennessee does not mean that Byron DeLa Beckwith is a Tennessee name.

Lee Harvey Oswald was fully of the "home grown" variety, and as such was an integral part of the assassination of JFK.

Thereafter, this leaves three scenarios which to follow on, and which unfortunately will most probably never be fully resolved:

1. LHO was, as many suspect, merely designated "scapegoat" who was ultimately lead down the rabbit hole to his ultimate end.

2. LHO was, a cooperating conspiratant who although not the shooter, was the disignated "rabbit" to be chased, while the actual "Lone" triggerman disappeared into oblivion.

3. LHO was, the single/lone assassin, who was the executing part of this conspiracy.

If, and when, those who possess the knowledge and capability do so, follow these trails, then we will know much more in regards to the assassination than we currently know today.

And those who continue to expouse the many other asinine alternatives can either continue to be lost in the dark, chasing the smoke and tales (or tails) of confusion.

Be it created by mere lack of knowledge and understanding, or of an intentional motive.

40+ years of attempting to "lump" the entire realm of the JFK assassination into a single problem and answer, which includes:LHO; Jack Ruby; The WC; Arlen Specter; The FBI/CIA/ONI/NSA/Mafia/Anti-Castro Cubans/Pro-Castro Cubans, and just about anyone else in society that someone has a dislike for, has lead this subject matter to even more confusion than existed after the WC issued it's final report.

And thus, many are attempting to resolve the "nuclear physics" problem, when in fact they have not mastered the 9th grade math first.

LHO and Jack Ruby are at the heart of this matter.

Until one resolves who and what they were, as well as from what they were "nurtured", then it is quite unlikely that they will manage to follow the trail back, and ultimatey find the common key which links these trails.

And even then, it will always be only the "circumstantial" linkage.

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/issues/05...life_flags.html

So, with that backdrop, I did not know what to expect, but I wasn’t optimistic. That is because I grew up in what has been called “the most Southern Place on Earth” — home to Byron Dela Beckwith and a major center of the (White) Citizens Council. I attended elementary school only 5 miles from Bryant’s Store in Money, Miss., where Emmett Till had the encounter that led to his murder. The list could go on. So, with the pressure to remove the “bars and stars” from the state flag, what could be their motive to develop a municipal flag — now?