The Education Forum

Who took this photo?

Jack, about how long after the assassination do you estimate this photo was taken?

Incredibily, the police did not seal off the area as a crime scene, but started traffic

back west on Elm immediately after the motorcade passed. My guess is that this

photo is no later than 12:40. Gary Mack says this photo was made by William Allen.

The photo shows Beverly in the same shoes she showed me 40 years later with

yellow paint on the soles. She had stored the shoes as mementoes of 11-22.

Jack

Gary Mack later emailed that the time was 12:45.

Edited by Jack White

Can you imagine! Such an horrific event had just occurred, and business as usual ( Surreal ). Note the little boy in the center seems to be in tears. The people in the vehicles probably have no idea that a history altering event played out just prior t their arriving there at DP ( not to mention, as Jack pointed out, driving through a crime scene). Bullet fragments stuck in tire treads? Do we attribute this to confusion on the part of the DPD, or in fact to "Who's minding the Store."

Terry

This photo showing Beverly Oliver holding her camera (center)

I have always thought was a Murray photo, but I cannot locate

it in Trask. Anybody know the photographer for sure?

Jack

Jack,

could the "Weaver Lady" I discovered be Babushka Lady ?

The headscarf looks identical to me, also the jacket is similar around the shoulders.

Also I think that the young boy in the lower left picture , is the same as the young boy in the lower middle picture seen to the right of Babushka Lady,standing close to the street.

The young Lady with the curly hair in the lower left picture can probably be seen from behind in the

lower middle picture, if you look over Babushkas left shoulder (2 persons to the left of the young boy),

but that of course is a guess .

Gary Mack thinks she isn't, I would like to hear your opinion and why you think she can't or can be the "real" Babushka Lady.

I found this Lady some time back, and haven't looked any further into this matter, as I didn't find any better quality film.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures the lower right one, I had to photograph from my TV set.

Film is either Wiegmann or Crouch, I think it is the later, it's some time ago I looked at my material.

If it's worth the time, I have a few more pictures I can post.

post-1139-1141958373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Weaver

Jack

Jack,

The headscarf looks identical to me, also the jacket is similar around the shoulders.

Also I think that the young boy in the lower left picture , is the same as the young boy in the lower middle picture seen to the right of Babushka Lady,standing close to the street.

The young Lady with the curly hair in the lower left picture can probably be seen from behind in the

lower middle picture, if you look over Babushkas left shoulder (2 persons to the left of the young boy),

Gary Mack thinks she isn't, I would like to hear your opinion and why you think she can't or can be the "real" Babushka Lady.

I found this Lady some time back, and haven't looked any further into this matter, as I didn't find any better quality film.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures the lower right one, I had to photograph from my TV set.

Film is either Wiegmann or Crouch, I think it is the later, it's some time ago I looked at my material.

The following is just speculations. Harry Holmes said that one of his secretaries was near where the headshot occurred. As far as I know this person has never been identified. There is not such a big choice as to who it could be. I've speculated in the past it could be a waoman who was indside the concrete structure behind Zapruder. (She's visible in some bond photos. Possibly with a cop who may, in looking at his cap badge, have been out of state. However, thats not clear yet.)

You lady may also be a candidate for this secretary. If it is indeed the babushka lady then you may have a profile shot here that could be matched to post office employees.

Jack

Jack,

Beverly Oliver can be identified by the strap of the camera bag from her right

shoulder to her left waist, where the bag was.

Jack

Jack, its almost certainly a Murrey photo.

In Trask's second book, That Day In Dallas, there is a very similar view probably

taken within half a minute or less shown on page 84.

It's taken from a little further up the knoll but shows essentially the same scene

but with different vehicles in view as traffic continues to flow.

-- Larry

Reffering to the image above, which Martin Shackleford emailed to me labelled Cancellare 7

QUOTE:

Robin,

I don't think that's Cancellare 7. It looks very much like the second or third of the three-picture series William Allen shot. I won't be able to check until Wednesday, however.

Gary Mack

Thanks Gary.