The Education Forum

DVD: The Murder of JFK: A Revisionist Histor

Someone whose judgement I highly respect suggests that every serious JFK researcher should have a copy of this DVD:

More than 40 years have passed since the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963. The Murder of JFK: A Revisionist History takes a comprehensive examination into the theories behind the assassination itself. It also explains the tragedy within the context of the existing U.S. political and cultural climate, and the global context of the Cold War.

The Murder of JFK: A Revisionist History includes:

• The first digital rendering of the Zapruder film, mastered from the original.

• The only known color footage of Lee Harvey Oswald.

• Cuban source material on the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

• First-time use of audio material from Robert F. Kennedy¹s oral history.

• Interviews with Arthur Schlesinger, John Frankenheimer, Jack Anderson and Sam Halpern.

• A link between the film Psycho and the FBI’s report on Oswald.

• Newly discovered footage from local television archives and foreign new sources, including Lyndon B. Johnson’s thoughts concerning a conspiracy.

Winner of the 1999 IDA/ABCNews VideoSource Award for the Best Use of News Footage in a Documentary.

Product Code: DVD7167

Actors: Historians, scholars and political officials

Aspect Ratio: 4x3

Genre: History

Number of Discs: 1

Rating: NR

Release Date: February 28, 2006

Run Time: 180 mins

UPC: 030306716794

http://www.mpihomevideo.com/?p=25467&pid=1734&pcid=&ccid

• 6 months later...
Hi John,

Any idea who made the documentary. there is also a link to a Hoover documentary on the page which describes itself as 'scathing', worth a look i would say.

John

I watched the DVD today, and thought that the only video related material that I have viewed on the same scale of importance was the CBS 1977 Documentary "The C.I.A.'s Secret Army." Any serious researcher should have a copy.

Hi John,

Any idea who made the documentary. there is also a link to a Hoover documentary on the page which describes itself as 'scathing', worth a look i would say.

John

I watched the DVD today, and thought that the only video related material that I have viewed on the same scale of importance was the CBS 1977 Documentary "The C.I.A.'s Secret Army." Any serious researcher should have a copy.

I watched the DVD some months back. It is very good and has a lot of unique footage. It has an interview with Connally, for example, in which he explains his movements just before the first shot. He says he took advantage of the thinning crowds to turn to his left and stretch his neck. This interview was in mid-64, shortly after Connally had seen the Zapruder film. I have a sneakin' suspicion that he knew it looked bad for him to be looking for the shooter BEFORE any shots were fired, and came up with the stretching his neck excuse to explain his actions. But that's just a hunch...

Hi John,

John

I watched the DVD some months back. It is very good and has a lot of unique footage. It has an interview with Connally, for example, in which he explains his movements just before the first shot. He says he took advantage of the thinning crowds to turn to his left and stretch his neck. This interview was in mid-64, shortly after Connally had seen the Zapruder film. I have a sneakin' suspicion that he knew it looked bad for him to be looking for the shooter BEFORE any shots were fired, and came up with the stretching his neck excuse to explain his actions. But that's just a hunch...

Ditto, My personal favorite was the footage shot of Oswald passing out the F.P.C.C. leaflets which was filmed by WDSU in New Orleans, that was particularly odd, the individual who some believe is Bernardo de Torres walks by [in the still photo's he looks like he is standing nearby] then there are the Cuban's who walk out of the building after Oswald does, they do not look eager to be caught on camera.

Did you see the footage of George Wallace in Dallas on 11/19/63, he apparently decided to announce he was a candidate for President there for 1964, he must have felt right at home.

See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallac...ntial_ambitions

Hello all

From where is this DVD available ? I don't even recall it having been before mentioned.

Would appreciate this info as I am very interested.

Charlie Black

I ordered it from Netflix, but it shouldn't be that hard to find, amazon.com I would think would have it.

But I can't say for sure. Another good part is when Specter and Belin are 'interviewed' in Merrie Old England about the Magic Bullet and subsequent Theory, Arlen get's a little testy, and retorts something to the effect that it is no longer a theory, yea and butterflies just flew out of my backside. Apparently, he weathered the storm quite well, I would say.

Another Kodak moment is the footage shot in downtown Dallas replete with a sign carried by the nut cases which say's "Africa - 8,780 miles" and the Dallas Police talking to an anglo man who is dressed in blackface, ala Amos n' Andy, it was, in my judgement nauseating to watch.

Quaker Oats