The Education Forum

TSBD Altgens Photo who's who?

Scott, I think you are perhaps confusing the photo of Lovelady from Groden's book showing Billy in a striped shirt. On the day of the assassination, Billy was photographed and/or filmed wearing a plaid shirt (red). If I come across a transparency overlay I created showing this ... I will post it for you.

Bill

post-1084-1145659719_thumb.jpg

If these are the best images available I think there is reason to think the texture of the shirt, the cut of the collar, the lay of the shirt on the body, where it's buttoned, indicate a closer match to Lees than Billys clothing.

Are other photos of Lee and Billy wearing what they did on the day available?

Various edge detections etc:

Edited by John Dolva

"If these are the best images available I think there is reason to think the texture of the shirt, the cut of the collar, the lay of the shirt on the body, where it's buttoned, indicate a closer match to Lees than Billys clothing."

There are better prints and I will try and find the clip I created using one such print showing without a doubt that the man in the doorway was wearing Lovelady's plaid shirt.

Bill

I still think it is pretty obviously Lee Harvey Oswald standing out front watching the

parade with his co-workers.

The shirt and the missing button confirm it...........

Flattering. :ph34r:

http://www.angelfire.com/blog2/jfk/teach.htm

Who was the goofball that created the piece for the link you provided?

I suppose that goofball would be me Bill - thanks. I don't know the owner of the site, however that green bit on the Altgens was done by myself and posted here, as well as the head swap concept - which I originally did to illustrate the possibility for Jeff Johnson.

- lee

If that was in fact Oswald watching the motorcade and subsequent murder on Elm Street, it is curious that he never offered that as an alibi. Surely that would have been his best chance for exoneration, to have had someone come forward that saw him standing there.

Mike Hogan

If that was in fact Oswald watching the motorcade and subsequent murder on Elm Street, it is curious that he never offered that as an alibi. Surely that would have been his best chance for exoneration, to have had someone come forward that saw him standing there.

Mike Hogan

I'm stumped...I don't know. why not indeed?

unless...

perhaps because he was innocent...?

He perhaps realised there was an investigation going on, and he did mention something to that effect, didn't he? (about being out the front at some point), it wasn't a trial and he had confidence in the revelations of the obvious in the natural course of time...until he was shot.

So he had no need to convince anyone of anything, the dpd did settle down to follow through, but by then it was a done deal.

Perhaps it's the guilty one that would be driven to highlight his alibi?

Edited by John Dolva

Flattering. :)

http://www.angelfire.com/blog2/jfk/teach.htm

Apparently there are quite a few folks that appreciate Simkin's Forum. I keep finding stuff in the weirdest of places.

The 'Wiegman shuffle.' It's a shame that the detail in the doorway isn't of higher quality. The other was a rather rough 'then and now.'

- lee

Leave it to Texans to be line dancing in front of the TSBD during a motorcade! SGE

• 4 years later...
Robin - that's a vast improvement over the versions I have. It brings more light to the question of whether or not this guy may have been one of the radio coordinators - sheer speculation of course. Perhaps it is not the man walking towards us across the grass on the south side, but this guy we see from the rear in this shot [Cancellare?].

Scott - Welcome to the Forum!

- lee

That's definitely a Rambler going down Elm Street behind the crowd on the knoll. It's hard to tell whether or not someone's riding "shotgun" in it...

FWIW, Thomas B)

post-3525-007827500 1287869516_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thomas Graves