The Education Forum

Braden's Rifle

In his HSCA testimony, Jim Braden said that after being told by Sheriff Deputy Lummie Lewis that "We have to check everything out," they walked out of the Dal-Tex building into a chaotic scene, where policeman had surrounded the TSBD. Someone walked out of the TSBD holding a rifle high by "a string or a sling."

I recall seeing a photo of this scene. Does anyone have it so it can be posted.

Tom posted two links to Lancer site showing what looks like MC.

Can we identify the photographer and are there any other photos in this sequence, which could show Braden and Lewis in the background?

Is this the Mannlicher Carcarno or another rifle?

I recall another rifle being found on the roof and a similar photo of someone holding it in a similar fashion.

Does anyone else have info on this other rifle?

Also, can we put an exact time on this scene?

BK

Edited by William Kelly

From On The Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison (p.116)

"....A film taken by Dallas Cinema Associates, an independent film company, showed a scene of the Book Depository shortly after the assassination. Police officers on the fire escape were bringing down a rifle from the roof above the sixth floor with the tender care you might give an infant. When the policeman reached the ground, a high-ranking officer hald the rifle high for everyone to see. The camera zomed in for a close-up. Beneath the picture was the legend, "The Assassin's Rifle." When I saw the film, I noticed that this rifle had no sight mounted on it. Thus it could not have been either the Carcano or the vanished Mauser, both of which had sights."

Is this the man holding the rifle by a string or sling that Braden saw?

Does anyone have a still photo of this rifle?

Is the Dallas Cinema Associates film available?

BK

"....A film taken by Dallas Cinema Associates, an independent film company, showed a scene of the Book Depository shortly after the assassination. Police officers on the fire escape were bringing down a rifle from the roof above the sixth floor with the tender care you might give an infant. When the policeman reached the ground, a high-ranking officer hald the rifle high for everyone to see. The camera zomed in for a close-up. Beneath the picture was the legend, "The Assassin's Rifle." When I saw the film, I noticed that this rifle had no sight mounted on it. Thus it could not have been either the Carcano or the vanished Mauser, both of which had sights."

BK

The Dallas Cinema Associates Film is featured on the Robert Groden DVD entitled 'JFK - Assassination Films/The Case for Conspiracy.'

Don't leave home without it.

Guest John Woods

BK

The Dallas Cinema Associates Film is featured on the Robert Groden DVD entitled 'JFK - Assassination Films/The Case for Conspiracy.'

From the film footage.

john w

Edited by John Woods

Guest John Woods

The film footage was exposed by John Martin. His footage begins with the

presidential limousine on Houstn Street, from Main Street. His footage

includes the umbrella man along with the Cuban. Ending footage of

police offices with shotguns and police cars with the Dal Tex building in

the background.

john w

BK

From the film footage.

john w

Guest John Woods

The film footage was exposed by John Martin. His footage begins with the

presidential limousine on Houstn Street, from Main Street. His footage

includes the umbrella man along with the Cuban. Ending footage of

police offices with shotguns and police cars with the Dal Tex building in

the background.

john w

BK

From the film footage.

john w

[/quot

Thanks to Gary Mack for his correction of this film footage filmed

by Mentesasa.

john w

by Mentesasa.

john w

EXCUSE ME JOHN,

BUT WHAT ARE YOU THANKING GARY MACK FOR AGAIN.

WHAT'S THE CORRECTION AGAIN?

AND WHOSE "MENTESASA"?

I KNOW I AM MISSING SOMETHING HERE.

BILL KELLY

BKJFK3@YAHOO.COM

Guest John Woods

by Mentesasa.

john w

EXCUSE ME JOHN,

AND WHOSE "MENTESASA"?

BILL KELLY

BKJFK3@YAHOO.COM

Hi BK

Ernest Charles Menesana whose edited film footage was incorporated

into President Kennedy's Final Hour under the Dallas Cinema Associated,

Inc. Mentesas was at the intersection of Turtle Creek Road and Cedar

Springs Road when he filmed about ten feet of 8 mm footage of the

motorcade using a Wollensak Movie Camera, with a 1.9 lens using

Kodachrome II film at approximately 12:10 to 12:12 P.M. Several

more feet of expousres following the assassination of the freight

yard, the arrest of the tramps and the TSBD

john w

by Mentesasa.

john w

EXCUSE ME JOHN,

AND WHOSE "MENTESASA"?

BILL KELLY

BKJFK3@YAHOO.COM

Bill, John Martin, Charles Mentesana and Martin Gewertz all took film for their own little enerprise known as Dallas Cinema Associates. It was Mentesana who took the film outside the TSBD post-ambush.

While we're talking about rifles being carried out of that buiding, what about the photo showing a large paper bag being carried out upside down with some unseen long object holding it upright...

Yes, Gary has informed me that the Dallas Film Associates frames show a Dallas policeman with a shotgun.

And I ask my question again, I am trying to determine if Jim Braden and Dept. LL, as they exited the Dal-Tex Building, witnessed the removal of the Manlicher Carcano or the shotgun scene from the DFA and at what time this occurred?

Braden said there was a commotion at the TSBD and someone came out holding a rifle high by a sling or string, and the two photo ops of this type of scene, whichever one is what they saw - should show Braden and LL in the background of the photo/film sequence.

My question cannot be debunked, because it is either one scene or the other, and both were apparently well documented in photos.

BK

Bill, I started a thread on this subject a few months ago,[Jan. 17, 2006] entitled 'The Dallas Cinema Associates Film - Footage of a Rifle without the scope.' Please see the link.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ic=5866&hl=

PS: As you will see the issue on this thread was strictly in relation to the rifle, a Remington 870 shotgun, I believe. I cannot offer any insights as to whether Braden saw the removal of the Mannlicher-Carcano, or any other weapons of record for that matter.

Robert

Edited by Robert Howard