Ruby in Willis # 8, WC exhibits and Cocuh

John Dolva

In the Berkley Barb, Oct 14 1966.

reporter Hal Verb

Summary

Victoria Adams ran outside after shots and saw someone she identified as Ruby

Jean Hill :"the person I saw looked a lot like Ruby"

Couch: "Wes Wise saw Ruby coming around the corner of the TSBD."

Couch suggested to the WC that his film frames should be investigated.

When Willis showed his photo #8 to an FBI agent, the agent pointed at a figure and said "Say..what's Jack Ruby doing there?"

Willis pointed it out to the WC but was not questioned about it, and it was not followed up. There is however a portion of 'off the record' in Willis' testimony.

?????????????????????????

a photo taken at 11:30 shows Ruby (identified by commisssion) in DPD corridor.

here is a frame of the couch film with whatcould be the persaon Willis had in mind, plus insets of DPD and Willis8

the Willis one is exactly same size proportions and folds of coat etc as the WC id in corridore..

Reading this in the Barb today is the first I've come across this.

Who knows more, please?

Slick's a good match I think.

The other seems too young, headtoo upright, and the glasses are not there, and coat material seems different.

Closer to Ruby IMO.

John,

I misunderstood. I assumed you were referring to the man with glasses at the far right edge of Willis #8. I thought that this was the photo that shows a man at that position that some have said was Ruby. Maybe I'm thinking of a different photo. Anyway, the man you're referring to with his back to the camera doesn't look like Ruby to me.

Ron

What really surprised me is that when one places the fellow with his back to the camera on top of the Ruby ID'd by the WC and rotates it and rescales to where the collar is of the same size, the shoulder width and head height and many other features including the way the coat falls, matches up so well. One would think that two persons of the same body dimensions with a suit that behaves so similarly on that body within an hour of photo being taken would be a good reason to take the match seriously?

I wish also that someone up to speed on it could comment on the witness statements as well, please.

"Victoria Adams ran outside after shots and saw someone she identified as Ruby

Jean Hill :"the person I saw looked a lot like Ruby"

Couch: "Wes Wise saw Ruby coming around the corner of the TSBD."

Couch suggested to the WC that his film frames should be investigated.

When Willis showed his photo #8 to an FBI agent, the agent pointed at a figure and said "Say..what's Jack Ruby doing there?"

Willis pointed it out to the WC but was not questioned about it, and it was not followed up. There is however a portion of 'off the record' in Willis' testimony."

Ryan, I agree what you say about the hair, it looks different. I think it could be a matter of different lighting and resolution, grayscales versus color, and perspectives on a head viewed from different angles. For example the relatively light hair on the corridor photo is viewed from the rear on the willis and so more of the hair is in front of other hair, cumulatively darkening it. Also the really dark side closeup shot of Ruby is two days later after his arrest.

one hour apart, outdoor v indoor, color v B/W etc

Edited by John Dolva