The Education Forum

Oswald's Marine Corp Ring

David Lifton

Here's my question: putting aside what ring Oswald wore on 11/22 (and it would appear to be the Marine Corp ring, NOT the wedding ring, which was found in a decorative teacup at the Paine residence), do we have evidence that he regularly wore that ring--i.e., the Marine Corp ring -- as a matter of habit during his marriage? (And I'm referring here to the Post Russian Period, i.e., after his June 1962 return from the USSR).

Please let me know not your thoughts on this. More important, please point me to any evidence in the record which addresses this matter. Did he regularly wear his Marine Corp ring AFTER his return from Russia??

Here's my question: putting aside what ring Oswald wore on 11/22 (and it would appear to be the Marine Corp ring, NOT the wedding ring, which was found in a decorative teacup at the Paine residence), do we have evidence that he regularly wore that ring--i.e., the Marine Corp ring -- as a matter of habit during his marriage? (And I'm referring here to the Post Russian Period, i.e., after his June 1962 return from the USSR).

Please let me know not your thoughts on this. More important, please point me to any evidence in the record which addresses this matter. Did he regularly wear his Marine Corp ring AFTER his return from Russia??

Not a direct answer to your question, I know. But I believe the Marine Corps ring is almost certainly the ring visible in the backyard photos. Intriguingly the first photo taken, and the one that disappeared for 15 years, has a blur on Oswald's ring finger. If the photos do indeed depict a body double, it seems reasonable to assume the perpetrators of this fraud forgot to have the double wear Oswald's ring for the first photo. Thus, the re-shoots. Thus, the disappearance of the photo.

Edited by Pat Speer

Not a direct answer to your question, I know. But I believe the Marine Corps ring is almost certainly the ring visible in the backyard photos. Intriguingly the first photo taken, and the one that disappeared for 15 years, has a blur on Oswald's ring finger. If the photos do indeed depict a body double, it seems reasonable to assume they forget to have the double wear Oswald's ring for the first photo. Thus, the re-shoots. Thus, the disappearance of the photo.

In 133A, there is clearly a ring on the deformed right hand,

and perhaps a ring on the left hand also. I studied this issue

many years ago. I also tried to match the hands with the

hands of Roscoe White, who posed for the BY photos in my

opinion.

Jack

Jack

I am surprised that nobody has commented on the giant

enlargement of the backyard hands/rings. Is there no

interest?

Jack

Jack, if you could do blow-ups of the other two photos, it might prove interesting. When we looked at these last year, I remember thinking it was obvious that the rings had been moved between shots. If so, it would suggest at the least that Marina's recollection of taking the photos omits the mysterious detail that Lee changed his rings between pictures. At the most it would suggest that Oswald was indeed impersonated.

Here's Oswalds right hand with a ring (wedding ring ?) attached shown from the other side.

The full picture shows him and Marina in the train before leaving the USSR.

Due to upload space restriction, I will not post it, as it is widely known and can be found on the

internet like here:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/dossi...swaldMarina.jpg

I find this picture interresting, as it shows a similar reflection (IMO) as in the backyard picture.

I do not know how his wedding ring looks like, but here is a website dealing with it.

http://home.comcast.net/~dperry1943/ring.html

The second picture is food for thoughts, especialy regarding Oswalds clumsy and shortened (?) fingers

in the backyard photos.

The crop comes from a picture of a man who is still is a mystery and has not positively id'd,but it is no big

riddle if you where in Mexico in October 1963 (if I remember right).

David,

The Bringuer, Garner and Pizzo Exhibits do not show enough of his hand to determine if he is wearing a ring or not.

BTW, do you know if this ring was inscribed with anything or not?

Steve Thomas

Guest John Gillespie
I am surprised that nobody has commented on the giant

enlargement of the backyard hands/rings. Is there no

interest?

Jack

Jack,

Hi. That may be what David is up to here...

Regards,

JG

John,

Hi. That may be what David is up to here...

Regards,

JG

It has been my belief that the Marine Corps ring and the ID bracelet were a signal to someone; as in "look for the guy wearing a Marine Corps ring", like, "I'll be wearing a red rose in my lapel."

Marina told the WC that LHO didn't like to wear his wedding ring at work, because it got in his way.

Steve Thomas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest John Gillespie

"Please let me know not your thoughts on this." Ok, I can do that. But, seriously David, that would be an excellent question to pose to Judyth for a couple of reasons, eh?

Good to see you posting with regularity lately.

All The Best,

JG