The Education Forum

Jackie climbed onto the rear seat because......

Ed O'Hagan

Can anyone identify the green item lying above the dashboard in front of Kellerman? He appears to be

either holding it or touching it with his left hand. Right away I thought it might be Nellie's purse, but since its green colored, it would not have matched what she was wearing ... ???? Then I thought it might be a roll of small -sized, light green colored garbage bags. The green color is important, since I shall be referring to it later in the current thread.

.. and is that a thermos flask right above it? If it is,then the green item might possibly be Kellerman's wrapped lunch, and he's taking it out of the glove compartment along with the thermos, in order to find something underneath. However, there is one possibility that seems much more reasonable: The flask contains ice water, and the green item is a plastic bag containing dixie cups.

What do you think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone identify the green item lying above the dashboard in front of Kellerman? He appears to be

either holding it or touching it with his left hand. Right away I thought it might be Nellie's purse, but since its green colored, it would not have matched what she was wearing ... ???? Then I thought it might be a roll of small -sized, light green colored garbage bags. The green color is important, since I shall be referring to it later in the current thread.

.. and is that a thermos flask right above it? If it is,then the green item might possibly be Kellerman's wrapped lunch, and he's taking it out of the glove compartment along with the thermos, in order to find something underneath. However, there is one possibility that seems much more reasonable: The flask contains ice water, and the green item is a plastic bag containing dixie cups.

What do you think?

Ed, you have just identified a sunspot on Kellerman's left shoulder as a thrmos.

Bill Miller

'Bill Miller' wrote:

Ed, you have just identified a sunspot on Kellerman's left shoulder as a thrmos.

Bill Miller

I do believe your looking at the wrong 'green' thing.... unless of course Kellerman's left shoulder extends out 3+ feet from his neck... interrupting these photos can be challenging at times, dontcha' know...

To be perfectly frank, it looks like a roll of heavy plastic bags.

hmmmm

This is a pretty extreme blow up of Zapruder, it may be an "artifact"

or a result of the magnification.........

:ph34r::ph34r::):huh::hotorwot:ph34r::ph34r:

Might be the seat behind him.

Mark,

You may be quite correct . Take a look at the attached picture, and you can see it's possible that Nellie wedged her purse into the narrow space between the bottom of the glass partition and the top of the front seat. There also appears to be a matching glove to the right of the purse. The only thing is, the color clashes with the color of her suit.

Anyway, I'll let it go for the present , and continue working on the remainder of the presentation later this evening or to-morrow.

'Bill Miller' wrote:

Ed, you have just identified a sunspot on Kellerman's left shoulder as a thermos.

Bill Miller

I do believe your looking at the wrong 'green' thing.... unless of course Kellerman's left shoulder extends out 3+ feet from his neck... interrupting these photos can be challenging at times, dontcha' know...

I don't know if Kellerman had 3 foot wide shoulders, but I do know that there is no reason to believe that his left shoulder was any less wider than his right shoulder. Anyone care to measure the two to see if they are the same???

The red arrow on the photo shows a sunspot on Kellerman's left shoulder ... and on each side of that sunspot I can see the dark outline of Kellerman's suitcoat. There are also numerous assassination films and photos of the motorcade as it passed through Dallas and nowhere in any of those images will one see a place where Kellerman sat his lunch or thermos (if he had those items with him to begin with). What I do see are people who continually look at poor quality images and then try to guess what it is they are looking at, thus it is not challenging IMO to interpret these images - unless of course one prefers to make the task challenging by using the poorer quality pixeled enlarged prints being presented in this thread.

Bill Miller

'Bill Miller' wrote:

Bill Miller

Some things create extreme difficulty in even seeing, let alone interpretation.

Mr. HOLMES. Mr. Kennedy leaned over against his wife, Mrs. Kennedy, as this thing, firecracker, looked like, come out. The car almost came to a stop, and Mrs. Kennedy pulled loose of him and crawled out over the turtleback of this Presidential car and was almost off of the back of the turtleback when a man from a car next to it came running up and I never--I got the impression in one way that she was trying to help him on the bumper.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is Z. frame #456 . It is recommended that first impressions be verified using PhotoShop or a similar type of software. Likewise, the pictures posted immediately above by Robin.

Notice that the rear seat appears now to be occupied only towards the right.

To facilitate your viewing, here are the positive and negative black and white versions.