The Education Forum

John Simkin: CIA Agent?

John Simkin

On 11/24/2006 at 5:25 PM, Nathaniel Heidenheimer said:

I've got a source that claims I'm a poor speller.

I can understand John's need to start this thread. If you know yourself to be a target of disinformation,

it is a personally very troubling thing. This is because it is done outside the public realm and with the express purpose of destroying the public sphere that is the foundation of the Enlightenment and democracy, wheterver is left of that stuff. You are left wondering if you should legitimate the rumors by commenting on them, but also realizing that you have no idea how far they are spreading. I know this feeling because I used to participate in a Free Speech Speak Out in Union Square, and watched it disintegrate.( I am about 75% certain that very very low level police agents were used. I read up a bit about the use of "red Squads' in a book published in 1990 and found that much humbler and less visible groups were targetted). Sure its easy to claim paranoia and shrug it off. Its not so easy when you know you are the target, and have no idea how far these

rumors have spread.

That said, the proof will be in the pudding. The sooner we get back to research and off personal attacks the more clearly we will make it known that such divisive tactics will not work. Whoever wants to continue the bickering will only draw suspicion to themselves. This, by the way does not mean that I think there are are not people who wish to discredit the forum. I think it likely that there are such creeps, and that they are the antithesis of 1776-- though they probably see themselves as the logical outgrowth of 1787. As for me I fancy myself a 76er. Wish there were more alive today.

I am very often astounded by Nathaniel's posts. Forum is indeed a good name for this place as long as this material remains along with the names of the researchers. These posts and statements stand, as statues in the Forum of Rome, as reminders of former greatness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/4/2017 at 4:16 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Dear John,

At least now you know how it feels.  

But then again, I would say that, wouldn't I?

(lol)

--  Tommy :sun

bumped for Mr. Simpkin

Edited by Thomas Graves