The Education Forum

Best Photos

Where can I find the best compilation of Photos concerning the Assassination?

In particular I am looking for a photo of Roger Craig looking at two men coming down the Grassy Knoll, one possibly Oswald.

I very much appreciate the info, Scott

The photo does show Craig looking eastward. It is unclear what he is looking at. There is nothing

to indicate the man in the distance is Oswald. The man is not coming down the knoll and is in the

far distance. This photo is from a sequence that also shows a Rambler station wagon. Therefore

some theorize....Craig+Rambler+man=LHO.

Jack

In particular I am looking for a photo of Roger Craig looking at two men coming down the Grassy Knoll, one possibly Oswald.

The photo does show Craig looking eastward. It is unclear what he is looking at. There is nothing

to indicate the man in the distance is Oswald. The man is not coming down the knoll and is in the

far distance. This photo is from a sequence that also shows a Rambler station wagon. Therefore

some theorize....Craig+Rambler+man=LHO.

Jack

Scott:

There are some good photos in relation to all this, in Gary Shaw & Larry Harris' "Cover Up"...( 76 & 92 ) ...also I would think photos

in POTP. by Trask..there are several photos showing Roger in this book.....that day..

I do not have Trask'shandy....

Here are a couple of photos..for now.... As Jack states, Craig said the man, was singular.....What some seem to point out are two men walking down

the sidewalk, two, and not a single man running down the grass..knoll.... that Craig states he saw, as he was standing on the South side...

" I returned to the south side of Elm Street, and several officers and bystanders were looking at the curb on Elm Street

where a nick caused by a bullet was reported to have hit. We were looking at this when a shrill whistle caught my attention.

And I saw a man coming from the direction of the Book Depository. He was running down the grassy knoll. ----- and driving real slow

west on Elm, coming down the hill toward this white male, was a green Rambler station wagon driven by a dark-complected male or Latin,

very stockily built ,and he was looking up at the man running down the grassy knoll. And when the car and the man came parallel, the

car stopped, the man jumped in and the car proceeded west on Elm Street. "

He could not get across the street to stop the car because of the heavy traffic, and it was gone...

In a taped interview 1971, Craig related the same story to Shaw that he had told the the WC.....

When he had been shown his WC testimony in 1968 by Penn Jones, for the first time...Craig was dismayed at what he read, and marked 14

corrections in Jones copy of Vol.V1.....( Penn Jones in his Volume 3 )..In the 71 interview with Shaw he discussed the alterations:

"Well, what shocked me most was the pattern, it was so consistant. They put all my testimony down but they altered it. The fine points.

Like the color of the car, they changed it from green to white. The license plates: the attorney asked me if it was the same color as a Texas plate.

When I told him I couldn't see the number, I said " it was not" and he took out the word "not"..which changes the story consistantly. I'd have to look

at it again but I counted 14 changes to my testimony. The color of the jacket , they said it was green: they changed it to the color of the car. I believe

they changed the colour of the clothing of the man running down the hill"..

He was not alone they changed many testimonys..

B..

Edited by Bernice Moore

James,

Would you agree that the photo showing Craig is of him on the North side of the street. The man in the background is not on the knoll or running. Therefore these pictures did not capture what Craig has said happened. Not that it did not happen, but only that these images are not at the proper time to capture Craig and the LHO suspected person. If that is the Rambler in question, would it have been delayed long enough by all the pedestrians in the street to allow Craig time to go to the South side and then still be in a position to pick up someone by the knoll? I just want a bit more gut feeling as to what you think.

Thanks, Ed

Our very own Robin Unger's collection is the best I've seen online & often updated as he gets better copies.

Check back later if the download limit is reached.

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/

James,

Would you agree that the photo showing Craig is of him on the North side of the street. The man in the background is not on the knoll or running. Therefore these pictures did not capture what Craig has said happened. Not that it did not happen, but only that these images are not at the proper time to capture Craig and the LHO suspected person. If that is the Rambler in question, would it have been delayed long enough by all the pedestrians in the street to allow Craig time to go to the South side and then still be in a position to pick up someone by the knoll? I just want a bit more gut feeling as to what you think.

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed,

I guess still images are not always the best to ascertain a sequence of events. I am also having trouble with the man that Craig allegedly saw being Lee Oswald.

That aside, another thing that makes me pause is we have Craig photographed in the street supposedly aware of two men near the TSBD. Now if he stayed where he was, the Oswald possible would have had to pass in very close proximity to Craig's position to get into the Rambler. And amongst all the activity, why was his attention originally drawn to this man? So what was Craig doing? If he felt this activity was suspicious, why didn't he immediately react?

James

Edited by James Richards

James,

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed,

I guess still images are not always the best to ascertain a sequence of events. I am also having trouble with the man that Craig allegedly saw being Lee Oswald.

That aside, another thing that makes me pause is we have Craig photographed in the street supposedly aware of two men near the TSBD. Now if he stayed where he was, the Oswald possible would have had to pass in very close proximity to Craig's position to get into the Rambler. And amongst all the activity, why was his attention originally drawn to this man? So what was Craig doing? If he felt this activity was suspicious, why didn't he immediately react?

James

Ed and James,

Excellent questions all. I, for one, am very interested in their possible, plausible answers...

Thanks,

--Thomas