The Education Forum

Could this be David Morales in Dealey Plaza?

Guest Gary Loughran
Morales had quite dark skin.

This is him below on the right during a basketball game.

James

Just in case people thought he was the guy sitting down on the left :D:D

Thanks, Gary. ;)

BTW, thanks to all who have have responded to this thread. Nineteen years difference between the images used below.

James

Seriously, I think it could be him. The side view photo is reasonably convincing for me. The back view, does make the person appear somewhat darker.

I know he is alleged to have said he was there. My concern would be, IF the hit on Kennedy did not have clearence from the top levels of CIA, would it be prudent for Morales to parade around the plaza, drawing attention from various intelligence and indeed governmental agencies.

Perhaps this 'presence' accelerated the cover-up!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man with glasses in front of the Morales lookalike resembles CIA assassin Boris Pash.

moralesinplaza.jpg

pash.jpg

But then, for that matter, the lady in the foreground resembles Margaret Thatcher. Where was Margaret on 11/22/63?

Edited by Ron Ecker

Guest Gary Loughran
The man with glasses in front of the Morales lookalike resembles CIA assassin Boris Pash.

moralesinplaza.jpg

pash.jpg

But then, for that matter, the lady in the foreground resembles Margaret Thatcher. Where was Margaret on 11/22/63?

I can't say where she was. But the world would have been a much better place if the bullets that hit JFK were directed at her.

moralesinplaza.jpg

pash.jpg

:D :D Well spotted! She does indeed! I don't think she has ever accounted for her whereabouts on that day! This could be the most important discovery in the case to date! Come to that, has anyone found a look-alike of a 10 year old Anthony Blair anywhere in DP?! Then I'd definitely think something was up.....

Seriously, though, good work James. I'm no expert but it looks very much like Morales to me. I know some people have said he looks more of African-American appearance (the man in the photo) but he was hispanic and looked pretty dark from the other photos I've seen of him. I have that type skin myself and if I am exposed to the sun I go much darker very quickly, so dark that I have actually been taken for someone of African descent. Just an observation.

Edited by Francesca Akhtar

James

Thanks, Gary. :D

BTW, thanks to all who have have responded to this thread. Nineteen years difference between the images used below.

James

James

I took the liberty of flipping your young Morales photo to make further comparison...

post-3718-1182778286_thumb.jpgpost-3718-1182778274_thumb.jpg

moralesinplaza.jpg

pash.jpg

I can't say where she was. But the world would have been a much better place if the bullets that hit JFK were directed at her.

I have to admit, a similar thought did run through my head as well.......

Amen.

Edited by Myra Bronstein

James

Thanks, Gary. :D

James

Seriously, I think it could be him. The side view photo is reasonably convincing for me. The back view, does make the person appear somewhat darker.

I know he is alleged to have said he was there. My concern would be, IF the hit on Kennedy did not have clearence from the top levels of CIA, would it be prudent for Morales to parade around the plaza, drawing attention from various intelligence and indeed governmental agencies.

Perhaps this 'presence' accelerated the cover-up!!

This figure looks quite tall, how tall was Morales?

This crop is from a Jim Murray photograph taken during the assassination aftermath. Check out the big guy in the center.

Unfortunately, the version I have of this photograph is not so great. Hopefully a forum member has a better quality copy.

James

Hi James,

A tall man in a light suit jacket carrying an overcoat in his right hand walked from west to east across the knoll a short while after the assassination. A crowd had gathered on Elm by the time the man walked across the knoll. Folks were milling on and off the sidewalk on the west side of the sign. I believe they were gathered around a police motorcycle. I posted a cropped photo of him on alt.assassination.jfk years ago and will see if I can dig it up. The man's short haircut, suitjacket and height remind me of this fellow. I'll try to find it. I'd also be delighted if someone who has photos of the crowd milling about near the motorcycle notice this man. He is to the left at a higher elevation than the other folks because he is walking by them up on the knoll. No one seemed to be paying any attention to him.

Do you have an estimate of the time when this photo with the look-alike Morales was taken?

Regards,

PF

A tall man in a light suit jacket carrying an overcoat in his right hand walked from west to east across the knoll a short while after the assassination. A crowd had gathered on Elm by the time the man walked across the knoll. Folks were milling on and off the sidewalk on the west side of the sign. I believe they were gathered around a police motorcycle. I posted a cropped photo of him on alt.assassination.jfk years ago and will see if I can dig it up.

This is the only person I'm aware of who walked across the knoll as you describe with a jacket or coat in his hand. But he's clearly not the Morales lookalike being discussed.

Edit: The image is a bmp image, and I've been informed by the forum software that this extension is not allowed.

But trust me, it's not the same person.

Ron, I did ponder the resemblance to Pash but figured one comparison at a time. There is also that guy seen at Parkland with LBJ and Youngblood who resembles Pash.

Russ, thanks for the flipped image, much better.

Bill, Morales from what I can gather was in the 6' 2', maybe 6' 3" range.

Peter, I'm not sure what the time frame for the photograph would be but as an estimate, maybe 15 - 20 minutes after the shooting. Murray took the images of Buddy Walthers looking for something on the grass area ten minutes after the assassination so I guess we can work from there.

As to plotters being present at the scene, Morales wasn't known to anyone in the wider community and he was his own man at JM/WAVE. I have lots of stories of him exercising his autonomy - he was arrogant and feared no one.

Given that things were not going to plan post shooting, then I submit that the plotters were scrambling to get things back on track.

James

If I'm looking at the figure under consideration, he appears to be African-American.

DSM by all accounts was "darkly complected." But in none of the admittedly few photos we have of him can he be described as African-American.

So ... was he wearing make-up in Dealey Plaza?

And how can we leap to a judgment of this figure's height beyond noting that he is, so to speak, head and shoulders above the crowd?

I would not discount the possibility that DSM, were he at the scene, might have had cause to be milling around the TSBD steps; perhaps something went wrong, an operative was missing, etc.

But based on what we have ... not to my eyes.

Charles

I agree that the man in question is African American and therefore not Morales.

Myra, allow me to disagree. If one carefully looks at the BBC videotape, from the RFK assassination on youtube, one can clearly see Morales and he’s very much alike the man in the Murray photograph.

Johansson

Well Mark that assumes that the man photographed at the Ambassador was Morales.

And I'm unconvinced that it is.

However, now that I realize how dark Morales was, and presumably he could get a tan just like anyone else and be even darker on a given year, I'll look again. I haven't seen many photos of him though so I don't have much to compare against.

post-1708-1182829762_thumb.jpg

post-1708-1182829779_thumb.jpg

Thanks Shanet.

Hey, has anyone ever seen the photo referred to below?

"Another example of Morales indiscretion was allowing his photograph to be taken by Kevin Schofield at the El Molino restaurant on 4th August, 1973. The picture appeared in the Arizona Republic with the following text: “Feted by friends at a fiesta Saturday was former American counsul to Cuba, David Sanchez, left, who was in that country when Castro took over… In government service for 28 years, Sanchez is now consultant in the office of deputy director for Operations Counter-insurgency and Special Activities in Washington.”

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmorales.htm