The Education Forum

Could this be David Morales in Dealey Plaza?

This crop is from a Jim Murray photograph taken during the assassination aftermath. Check out the big guy in the center.

Unfortunately, the version I have of this photograph is not so great. Hopefully a forum member has a better quality copy.

James

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This crop is from a Jim Murray photograph taken during the assassination aftermath. Check out the big guy in the center.

Unfortunately, the version I have of this photograph is not so great. Hopefully a forum member has a better quality copy.

James

James,

OMG! Seriously! Same height (6'3"), same swarthy complexion, same hair, same athletic build, same facial structure (in profile), etc! Holy Cow, James-- I think you got him!

Sincerely,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

an attempt at improving image posted:

(image)

some D. M. Images from spartacus:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/CIAmorales.htm

Edited by John Dolva

James:

Not his face but could be the same man, and a very good

photo of his back...... :blink:

B........

James, John, Bernice, ...

The partially-obscured (white? black??) man slightly in front of and slightly to the left of Mr. X seems to be wearing light-colored work clothes and perhaps a hat of some sort. He seems to be leaning towards Mr. X as though talking to him, and Mr. X's head is turned ever so slightly in his direction as though he's listening to the man.... Also, it looks like the partially-obscured guy I'm referring to is carrying something in his right hand.

Probably just my imagination, but Mr. X seems to be looking at the very dark complected man (Cuban?) who is very near the wall....

I wonder what, if anything, Mr. X has in his right coat pocket other than his right hand? Looks like he might have something rather bulky in there....

FWIW,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

an attempt at improving image posted:

(image)

some D. M. Images from spartacus:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/CIAmorales.htm

John,

In the blow up (post #4), are Mr. X's ears really as low as they look, i.e. almost on the upper part of his neck? (lol) I wonder how low on his head Morales' ears were. I guess I'll have to take a closer look at those photos of Morales on the Spartacus website....

Yep! -- Morales' ears are quite low on his head in those Spartacus photos....

Thanks for the blowup and the link,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

If I'm looking at the figure under consideration, he appears to be African-American.

DSM by all accounts was "darkly complected." But in none of the admittedly few photos we have of him can he be described as African-American.

So ... was he wearing make-up in Dealey Plaza?

And how can we leap to a judgment of this figure's height beyond noting that he is, so to speak, head and shoulders above the crowd?

I would not discount the possibility that DSM, were he at the scene, might have had cause to be milling around the TSBD steps; perhaps something went wrong, an operative was missing, etc.

But based on what we have ... not to my eyes.

Charles

If I'm looking at the figure under consideration, he appears to be African-American.

DSM by all accounts was "darkly complected." But in none of the admittedly few photos we have of him can he be described as African-American.

And how can we leap to a judgment of this figure's height beyond noting that he is, so to speak, head and shoulders above the crowd?

I would not discount the possibility that DSM, were he at the scene, might have had cause to be milling around the TSBD steps; perhaps something went wrong, an operative was missing, etc.

Charles

I agree that the man in question is African American and therefore not Morales.

Charles

I agree that the man in question is African American and therefore not Morales.

Myra, allow me to disagree. If one carefully looks at the BBC videotape, from the RFK assassination on youtube, one can clearly see Morales and he’s very much alike the man in the Murray photograph.

Johansson

Guest Gary Loughran
Morales had quite dark skin.

This is him below on the right during a basketball game.

James

Just in case people thought he was the guy sitting down on the left ;):D

Morales had quite dark skin.

This is him below on the right during a basketball game.

James

Just in case people thought he was the guy sitting down on the left :D:D

Thanks, Gary. ;)

BTW, thanks to all who have have responded to this thread. Nineteen years difference between the images used below.

James

Edited by James Richards