The Education Forum

Maurice Bishop = David Atlee Phillips

Bill, as I recall the all night coffee shop visited by Ruby was

the Lucas B&B Cafe on Oak Lawn.

Jack

No Jack,

Ruby did go to the Lucas B & B a lot. I think that was next to or near the Vegas Club, wasn't it?

Ruby went to the Lucas B & B one night after closing the Vegas and picking up Larry Crafard and Crafard was later mistaken for Oswald, as usual.

I found what I was looking for on page 202 of Bugliosi's Reclaiming History.

While his conclusions are skewed, he does get some of his facts right.

Ruby goes from the Dallas Morning News, where he gives a Twist Board to a printer friend, before going home to get George Senator, his roommate.

After picking up George Senator, waking him up at 4:30 in the morning and insisting he go along for the ride, they pick up Crafard at the Carousel Club and drive over to the "Impeach Earl Warren" sign on the corner of Hill and North Central Expressway, and take photos of it with the Poloroid camera they usually use to take photos of Carousel costumers dancing with the girls.

Crafard and Senator can't understand why Ruby somehow links the Warren sign with the assassination.

According to Bugliosi:

"After Larry takes the photos Jack wants, they stop for coffee at Webb's Waffle Shop on the ground floor of the Southland Hotel, located just a few blocks from the Carousel. Jack knows all the all-night places. At this predawn hour, the coffee shop is almost empty. He picks up a paper abandoned on the counter and reads the Weissman ad again. Jack is very suspicious about the coincindental appearnce of the ad and the Warren billboard just when the president was coming to Dallas. He thinks there's a connection. Even the post office box numbers are close - 1792 for the Weissman ad and 1757 for the billboard, though the latter is in some town in Massachusetts. Larry finds the conversation hard to follow......"

They drop Crafard off at the club before going the post office to try to find out who owns the PO box for the Weissman ad.

Somewhere else it is mentioned that Ruby was pals with the manager of this Southland Hotel coffee shop - Webb's Waffle Shop.

The lobby of the Southland Hotel is where Veciana met with Maurice Bishop and saw Oswald meeting with Bishop.

If you follow LHO out of the TSBD and walking east down Elm Street to where he stopped, and boarded the bus going back in the opposite direction, and look down the street in the direction that he was going - you see the Southland building.

There is a reason why Maurice Bishop/DAP met his operatives at that specific location.

I don't know what it is, but there is a reason.

BK

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, as I recall the all night coffee shop visited by Ruby was

the Lucas B&B Cafe on Oak Lawn.

Jack

No Jack,

Ruby did go to the Lucas B & B a lot. I think that was next to or near the Vegas Club, wasn't it?

Ruby went to the Lucas B & B one night after closing the Vegas and picking up Larry Crafard and Crafard was later mistaken for Oswald, as usual.

I found what I was looking for on page 202 of Bugliosi's Reclaiming History.

While his conclusions are skewed, he does get some of his facts right.

Ruby goes from the Dallas Morning News, where he gives a Twist Board to a printer friend, before going home to get George Senator, his roommate.

After picking up George Senator, waking him up at 4:30 in the morning and insisting he go along for the ride, they pick up Crafard at the Carousel Club and drive over to the "Impeach Earl Warren" sign on the corner of Hill and North Central Expressway, and take photos of it with the Poloroid camera they usually use to take photos of Carousel costumers dancing with the girls.

Crafard and Senator can't understand why Ruby somehow links the Warren sign with the assassination.

According to Bugliosi:

"After Larry takes the photos Jack wants, they stop for coffee at Webb's Waffle Shop on the ground floor of the Southland Hotel, located just a few blocks from the Carousel. Jack knows all the all-night places. At this predawn hour, the coffee shop is almost empty. He picks up a paper abandoned on the counter and reads the Weissman ad again. Jack is very suspicious about the coincindental appearnce of the ad and the Warren billboard just when the president was coming to Dallas. He thinks there's a connection. Even the post office box numbers are close - 1792 for the Weissman ad and 1757 for the billboard, though the latter is in some town in Massachusetts. Larry finds the conversation hard to follow......"

They drop Crafard off at the club before going the post office to try to find out who owns the PO box for the Weissman ad.

Somewhere else it is mentioned that Ruby was pals with the manager of this Southland Hotel coffee shop - Webb's Waffle Shop.

The lobby of the Southland Hotel is where Veciana met with Maurice Bishop and saw Oswald meeting with Bishop.

If you follow LHO out of the TSBD and walking east down Elm Street to where he stopped, and boarded the bus going back in the opposite direction, and look down the street in the direction that he was going - you see the Southland building.

There is a reason why Maurice Bishop/DAP met his operatives at that specific location.

I don't know what it is, but there is a reason.

BK

Bill...I may be wrong but I feel there is some confusion here that

needs to be researched.

I think there is some confusion between the

SOUTHLAND LIFE CENTER

and the

SOUTHLAND HOTEL

The Southland Life Insurance Center consisted of two large modern

buildings...the Insurance company, 42 stories tall...and the SHERATON

HOTEL DALLAS, 38 stories tall.

If I recall correctly, it was the lobby of the Southland Life building

where Phillips and Oswald met.

The Southland Life building had a penthouse restaurant called La Tunisia,

and Mary Ferrell many times told of having lunch there at the time of

the assassination.

George and Barbara Bush were registered at the Sheraton Hotel on

the day of the assassination.

On the other hand, as I recall (source Mary Ferrell), THE SOUTHLAND

HOTEL was a small cheap hotel (I think on Harwood) near the Dallas

city hall, and was the long-time residence of Homicide Chief Will Fritz,

as it was across the street from his job at the city jail. This is likely

the place that had the all-night coffee shop that Ruby visited. Being

across from the jail, it likely was a copshop hangout.

These memories are very old...but I suggest you check them out,

since I think you got them mixed up.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Bill...I may be wrong but I feel there is some confusion here that

needs to be researched.

I think there is some confusion between the

SOUTHLAND LIFE CENTER

and the

SOUTHLAND HOTEL

The Southland Life Insurance Center consisted of two large modern

buildings...the Insurance company, 42 stories tall...and the SHERATON

HOTEL DALLAS, 38 stories tall.

If I recall correctly, it was the lobby of the Southland Life building

where Phillips and Oswald met.

The Southland Life building had a penthouse restaurant called La Tunisia,

and Mary Ferrell many times told of having lunch there at the time of

the assassination.

George and Barbara Bush were registered at the Sheraton Hotel on

the day of the assassination.

On the other hand, as I recall (source Mary Ferrell), THE SOUTHLAND

HOTEL was a small cheap hotel (I think on Harwood) near the Dallas

city hall, and was the long-time residence of Homicide Chief Will Fritz,

as it was across the street from his job at the city jail. This is likely

the place that had the all-night coffee shop that Ruby visited. Being

across from the jail, it likely was a copshop hangout.

These memories are very old...but I suggest you check them out,

since I think you got them mixed up.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

Will do.

BK

• 3 weeks later...
Start reading at page 17 (Tanenbaum) :

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/pdf/DiosdadoHSCA.pdf

Cesar Diosdado - Key West Customs officer and CIA official, called Veciana on the phone after the assassination of JFK and asked him what his association with the assassination, a task that he said included calling on a dozen anti-Castro Cubans.

This Customs investigation has no documentation whatsoever.

Standing with Oswald in New Orleans, in a film of the FPCC handouts, is Manuel Garcia Gonzales, of the No Name Key group.

"Maurice Bishop" asked Veciana to infiltrate the Cellula Fantasma group, which incldued his former bank boss ulio Lobo, and Sturgis' Cuban AF Lanz, and was going to drop leaflets in Cuba.

"Freqsque," who introduced Veciana to "Maurice Bishop," was located in California, teaching at Tannenbaum's alma matter (UCLA?).

Does anybody have any info on Cesar Diosado, Manuel Garcia Gonzales or "Fresque"?

BK

Cesar is still living in Chula Vista , CA. His son (same name) is a police leutenant. Spoke to him once over the phone.

He said he had taken note of my "accusations" and would ask his father if he wanted to speak to me. I have heard nothing since. I think this was 2 or 3 years ago. My "accusations" were that Diosdado and David Morales were the mysterious visitors of Silvia Odio with Lee Oswald . I believe both were under David Phillips. I also believe Phillips sent Diosdado to Veciana after the assassination in order to check if Veciana would keep his mouth on the sighting of Phillips (as Maurice Bishop) with Oswald.

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Cesar is still living in Chula Vista , CA. His son (same name) is a police leutenant. Spoke to him once over the phone.

He said he had taken note of my "accusations" and would ask his father if he wanted to speak to me. I have heard nothing since. I think this was 2 or 3 years ago. My "accusations" were that Diosdado and David Morales were the mysterious visitors of Silvia Odio with Lee Oswald . I believe both were under David Phillips. I also believe Phillips sent Diosdado to Veciana after the assassination in order to check if Veciana would keep his mouth on the sighting of Phillips (as Maurice Bishop) with Oswald.

Wim

Another good example of why homicides shouldn't be investigated by curious citizens.

(I was going to say rank amateurs)

BK

Another good example of why homicides shouldn't be investigated by curious citizens.

BK

Well, you ARE saying rank amateurs. Anyway, curious citizens and rank amateurs have done more for this case than any law enforcement agency or congressional committee. And if we have to wait for critisizing citizens with fantasies on a Grand Jury, people like Diosdado (in his eighties) will be dead coal. That kind of citizens is even less helpful when they lambast real witnesses as conmen.

Wim

BK

Well, you ARE saying rank amateurs. Anyway, curious citizens and rank amateurs have done more for this case than any law enforcement agency or congressional committee. And if we have to wait for critisizing citizens with fantasies on a Grand Jury, people like Diosdado (in his eighties) will be dead coal. That kind of citizens is even less helpful when they lambast real witnesses as conmen.

Wim

Wim,

Did you ask him if he beat his wife?

You might as well.

Why accuse him of anything?

Why not ask him some general questions first?

Why go right for the juggler, and scare him off?

Why not ask him if he was calling around questioning Veciana and other Cubans on Custom officer orders, or someone else?

Why not give him the benefit of the doubt, as maybe he wants to get to the truth too?

BK

Wim,

Did you ask him if he beat his wife?

You might as well.

Why accuse him of anything?

Why not ask him some general questions first?

Why go right for the juggler, and scare him off?

Why not ask him if he was calling around questioning Veciana and other Cubans on Custom officer orders, or someone else?

Why not give him the benefit of the doubt, as maybe he wants to get to the truth too?

BK

You misunderstand,

I did not make any "accusations" (his words, not mine) during that phonecall. To my surprise he had already read them on the Internet. He could have meant either of two theory's I had written about. 1) That Disodado was one of the shooters (following the allegation in Double Cross about a US Customs agent, see top of page 466) , or 2) that Diosdado may have been one of the Odio visotors.

Wim

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/pdf/DoubleCross.pdf

Wim

You misunderstand,

I did not make any "accusations" (his words, not mine) during that phonecall. To my surprise he had already read them on the Internet. He could have meant either of two theory's I had written about. 1) That Disodado was one of the shooters (following the allegation in Double Cross about a US Customs agent, see top of page 466) , or 2) that Diosdado may have been one of the Odio visotors.

Wim

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/pdf/DoubleCross.pdf

Why theorize at all?

When you have the identity of a new subject, witness or suspect, why not start a name file and chrono on the guy, what he did, where he worked, where he lived, who he was related to, who he associated with, get his gov. file, determine if he was arressted, and learn everything you can about the guy before you tip him off that you're even on to him?

Why not learn what you can and approach him with the truth - and ask him to answer some questions?

And if he does agree to answer questions, get his basics - full with middle name and birthdate, which most official records are based on - and soften him up with some easy questions - like whose your favorite Beatle, before asking how he was involved in the conspiracy to kill the President.

Of course, most subjects are improperly questioned - Larry Carfard, Jack Lawrance, Jean Aase, etc., mainly by amateur treasure hunters and grave diggers.

You don't have to wait for a grand jury to do it right, but don't bungle it into the hands of the Dealey Plaza Cleanup Crew.

BK

Why theorize at all?

Because every scientist first had a theory to be proven in practice. Like Newton.

My theory is that James Files was the grassy knoll gunman, delivering the fatal headshot. Thusfar nobody has been able to disprove it.

Also, Chauncey Holt was the tramp in the hat. Likewise

Also Maurice Bishop was David Atlee Philips, was Lee Harvey Oswald's CIA controller. Likewise.

Wim

Why theorize at all?

Because every scientist first had a theory to be proven in practice. Like Newton.

My theory is that James Files was the grassy knoll gunman, delivering the fatal headshot. Thusfar nobody has been able to disprove it.

Also, Chauncey Holt was the tramp in the hat. Likewise

Also Maurice Bishop was David Atlee Philips, was Lee Harvey Oswald's CIA controller. Likewise.

Wim

So your goal then is not to solve the JFK assassination, learn the truth and bring some sembalance of justice to the case, but to promote the stories of three self ackowledged rogues.

You left Judyth V. Baker off the list, is her story no longer worth promoting?

BK