The Education Forum

Zapruder Party Tricks

Guest Bart Kamp

Thanks for mentioning where that image is from.

8mm to 35mm to 70mm to to to bluray to rip to present

to to to

Copy smooth/interpolate resize save nonlossless zoom colour correct rotate save a previously nonlossless saved image in a nonlossless way again repeat the lot and part a number a times...

How much of the original data is left? how much new data is introduced? which is which?

Go to Robins gallery. Ok you might imagine that the mpi's are closest to the original even though they were aspect ratio challenged. No. They have been "corrected". So much so that the lower end of the spectrum is completely flat!!!

You cannot expect to be able to say anything so important with any degree of certainty as frame alteration by using altered frames.

Those blueray. (it's the blueray tag that got me worried) imply a number of steps of alteration. See those sparkly atrefacts on jackies face for example. A clear sign of resizing with smoothing introducing data.

This has always annoyed me re film analysis. What film is actually being analysed? There's more. Various modern digital projection based on software uses smoothing/correcting algorithm aiming to produce a pleasing image. WQhen was a 8mm analogue film ever pleasig. The more pleasing you find it the less likely it is that it is anywhere close to the original.

(absent the 35mm prints) Give me the raw uncorrected aspect challenged mpi full frames of yesteryear any day .

edit add : while ranting I forgot to ask what you mean about the histograms.

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no more tha it falls on jackies glove

In this frame the same "dark shadow" effect can be seen on the back of Nellie's head

Z323%20crop.jpg

Thanks, Robin.

The comments I made in Post 40 can now be revised as follows....

"So, from now on, whenever Ron Ecker and all other conspiracy theorists talk about this topic, the "New and Revised" theory has got to be this....

JFK's and Clint Hill's and Nellie Connally's heads (and maybe a lot more heads too that nobody has even noticed yet) have been artificially blacked out in all post-Z313 frames of the Zapruder Film.

So, as we can see here, a dumb theory can easily snowball out of control." -- DVP; 5/21/2015

Edited by David Von Pein

Taking into account that the head is deformed in frame Z317

to my eyes the dark "Shadow area" in Z317 / Z312 appear very similar

Animation6.gif

Fabulous. It's now getting harder to keep up with the revised "new" theory that conspiracy theorists will now have to embrace in order to keep their "Blacked Out Head" theory alive and well. Here's the latest revision....

"JFK's and Clint Hill's and Nellie Connally's heads (and maybe a lot more heads too that nobody has even noticed yet) have been artificially blacked out in all post-Z313 frames of the Zapruder Film. Plus, JFK's head has also been artificially blacked out in frame 312, which is one-eighteenth of a second BEFORE he was even hit in the head by any bullet."

And, of course, we can also go back earlier in the Z-Film and find many more frames which show the "blackness" on the back of JFK's head BEFORE he was even shot in the head. Here's just one example below--frame 275. And what about Roy Kellerman too? His head looks pretty black here as well. Does that mean Kellerman's head has been "blacked out" by film-fakers in Z275?....

z275.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

And, of course, we can also go back earlier in the Z-Film and find many more frames which show the "blackness" on the back of JFK's head BEFORE he was even shot in the head. Here's just one example below--frame 275. And what about Roy Kellerman too? His head looks pretty black here as well. Does that mean Kellerman's head has been "blacked out" by film-fakers in Z275?....

z275.jpg

LMFAO! you're a hoot Von Pein... a real lone nut wannabe... carry on, hon! Ever hear the term, GAMMA?

Animation6.gif

ahhhh similar? So what? Robin, what's the lineage of the image you're speculating on.... where did it come from, what size (2-4K) and what generation... or, are you just pontificating, carrying Von Pein's water if you will? Perhaps you missed out on the Hollywood group presentation too, eh?

And that paint job started way before Z313 in case you were wondering, for uniformity reasons of course.

Oh, of course it did. How stupid of me not to realize that fact.

BTW, before today (May 22, 2015), have you ever heard even ONE conspiracy theorist ever ONCE say anything about the "paint job" on JFK's head starting "way before Z313"? I sure as heck never did. You CTers are winging it on the fly -- a la Ralph Cinque, who is probably the world's leader when it comes to "Wingin' It". He thinks the V-neck T-shirt wasn't invented until after 1963 and he thinks Billy Lovelady's image has been artificially added to just about every film since Gone With The Wind. All that hilarity (and so much more) is right here -----> jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/10/doorway-man-part-2

Edited by David Von Pein

Animation6.gif

ahhhh similar? So what? Robin, what's the lineage of the image you're speculating on.... where did it come from, what size (2-4K) and what generation... or, are you just pontificating, carrying Von Pein's water if you will? Perhaps you missed out on the Hollywood group presentation too, eh?

If you wan't the Lineage ask your buddy Craig Lamson, he was my source for the frames.

I know the backround story behind the frames, but i am not at liberty to say. ( ask Craig )

As for the Hollywood group presentation.

My invitation must have got lost in the mail.

Where are those 4k Hollywood frames

are they part of a " Black Project " your eyes only ?

Edited by Robin Unger

I posted this in another thread but it belongs here. Doesn't it appear that the back of JFK's head is blacked out in this autopsy photo? And if they would hide a wound this way in the autopsy materials, doesn't it make sense that they would do the same thing in the Z film if the same wound was visible?

autopsy.jpg

I have been told they are supposedly coming out on DVD this November, and they are 6K scans, but that they are from a 5th generation copy and not a 2nd.

Rumours, rumours....

I wish Doug Horne could come in here and let us all know what is up.

JFK Uncompressed BlueRay rip, larger and better quality.

vlcsnap-2015-05-15-12h10m08s240-1.png

Max brightness, minimal contrast

PruderLevelAdj.jpg

Levels adjustment

Prudermaxbrightmincontrast.jpg

Max Curves

PruderMachCurves.jpg

edit:

forgot one ooops

Max Curves 2x

PruderMachCurves2X.jpg

Yes i know all about the BluRay frames, i Uploaded many of them to my gallery a year ago.

i did snapshots from a MKV version i had saved to my hard Drive

http://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=6&page=3