The Education Forum

Suspicious Vehicles and 11/22/63

Any stories of a plane landing in the Trinity River flood plain should be discounted.

Even if possible, such a happening would have been widely noticed and reported.

A half dozen bridges would make takeoffs and landings impossible.

Jack

Someone whom I would consider the SME made it clear - 'difficult, but not impossible.' And the description could fit in with the Airport at Route 77 - which had a long stretch of the construction underway for Route 35 - the Lou Foote airport - which was not paved at the time, but all sand. I provided this information to Robert Vinson - however, he is not well. and it was of no effect.

Robert - many thanks. I consider this thread a general dumping ground and sooner or later, something will eventually make sense. As someone I consider highly once told me - 'there are no coincidences in this business.'

- lee

Addendum to my last post....

post-assassination goings on......

CABLE RE DRIVING MISTRESS TO DALLAS FOR APPARENT RENEWAL OF TOURIST CARD [12/03/63]

http://www.maryferre...358&relPageId=2

[ 1. LIFEAT RPRTS JOHN RETTIE HASW AGREED DRIVE HIS MISTRESS VANDA SUMERS TO DALLAS 11 DEC FOR PURPOSE ARRANGING HER MEXICAN PAPERS. (COMMENT: APPARENTLY RENEWAL TOURIST CARD) RETTIE APPARENTLY UNDECIDED RE SPENDING HOLIDAYS AT FAMILY HOME OF WILTON HALL

IN ANDERSON, SOUTH CAROLINA AS WISHES COVER KHRUSHCHEV TO CUBA EARLY JANUARY 1964 IF THIS TAKES PLACE.

2. NO LOCAL DISSEMINATION ODENVY

3. NO INDEX

there is also the document below, which, from my perspective, is an attempt to imply the complicity of the Soviets in the JFK Assassination, not in this document, but in the overall Alvarado story, who was proved via LCFLUTTER to be a cad........

CABLE RE AUTOMOBILE WITH CALIFORNIA LICENSE PLATES PARKED IN FRONT OF SOVIET EMBASSY ON 23 NOVEMBER.

www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=2324

TO: Mexico City

CONF: WH/8

INFO: CI/OPS, SR 7, VR

TO: PRTY MEXI 7043 (IN 67268)*

REF: MEXI

CALIF LICENSE PLATES NOTED REF REGISTERED TO 1955 2 DOOR FORD,

ANDRES V. CORTES OF 7818 FAYE STREET, LA JOLLA, CALIF. KUBARK HAS NO RECORD

CORTES

END OF MESSAGE

Comment: *Automobile with this tag was parked in front of Soviet Embassy on

23 Nov.

Edited by Robert Howard

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any stories of a plane landing in the Trinity River flood plain should be discounted.

Jack

Someone whom I would consider the SME made it clear - 'difficult, but not impossible.' And the description could fit in with the Airport at Route 77 - which had a long stretch of the construction underway for Route 35 - the Lou Foote airport - which was not paved at the time, but all sand. I provided this information to Robert Vinson - however, he is not well. and it was of no effect.

Robert - many thanks. I consider this thread a general dumping ground and sooner or later, something will eventually make sense. As someone I consider highly once told me - 'there are no coincidences in this business.'

- lee

Edited by Robert Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Jack

- lee

FYI - Robert Vinson passed away - received an email from his daughter.

• 1 year later...

Jack

- lee

CABLE RE DRIVING MISTRESS TO DALLAS FOR APPARENT RENEWAL OF TOURIST CARD [12/03/63]

[ 1. LIFEAT RPRTS JOHN RETTIE HASW AGREED DRIVE HIS MISTRESS VANDA SUMERS TO DALLAS 11 DEC FOR PURPOSE ARRANGING HER MEXICAN PAPERS. (COMMENT: APPARENTLY RENEWAL TOURIST CARD) RETTIE APPARENTLY UNDECIDED RE SPENDING HOLIDAYS AT FAMILY HOME OF WILTON HALL

IN ANDERSON, SOUTH CAROLINA AS WISHES COVER KHRUSHCHEV TO CUBA EARLY JANUARY 1964 IF THIS TAKES PLACE.

3. NO INDEX

there is also the document below, which, from my perspective, is an attempt to imply the complicity of the Soviets in the JFK Assassination, not in this document, but in the overall Alvarado story, who was proved via LCFLUTTER to be a cad........

CABLE RE AUTOMOBILE WITH CALIFORNIA LICENSE PLATES PARKED IN FRONT OF SOVIET EMBASSY ON 23 NOVEMBER.

CORTES

END OF MESSAGE

23 Nov. { emphasis added by T. Graves }

I was perusing this old thread when this jumped out at me. As I write this, I'm sitting in a Von's grocery store in my hometown of La Jolla, California only about three blocks from 7818 Fay Avenue. Note the two mistakes in the address in CIA cable: Fay, not Faye. And Avenue, not Street. No wonder they couldn't find Andres V. Cortes. I don't suppose this could be another example of a barium meal? This coming week I'll visit the La Jolla History room at the La Jolla Library and see if I can find Andres V. Cortes at 7818 Fay Avenue in a 1962-1963 La Jolla "Bluebook" phone book. I'll even go back to 1954 or 1955 if I have to, seein' as how the Ford he registered in his name was a '55.

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Jack

- lee

3. NO INDEX

CORTES

END OF MESSAGE

23 Nov. { emphasis added by T. Graves }

I was perusing this old thread when this jumped out at me. As I write this, I'm sitting in a Von's grocery store in my hometown of La Jolla, California only about three blocks from 7818 Fay Avenue. Note the two mistakes in the address in CIA cable: Fay, not Faye. And Avenue, not Street. No wonder they couldn't find Andres V. Cortes. I don't suppose this could be another example of a barium meal? This coming week I'll visit the La Jolla History room at the La Jolla Library and see if I can find Andres V. Cortes at 7818 Fay Avenue in a 1962-1963 La Jolla "Bluebook" phone book. I'll even go back to 1954 or 1955 if I have to, seein' as how the Ford he registered in his name was a '55.

--Tommy

Results from old La Jolla Bluebook telephone books:

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name. His phone number appears in the 1966 book, but only in the "Householder's Directory" in the back; he's not even listed in the front "normal" part of of either of the Bluebooks I'm referring to (1964-1965, 1966). His phone number in 1966 was 454-5874.

--Tommy

PS-- The 1963 Bluebook says "Transient" for that address in the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the book.

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 11/15/2011 at 5:26 PM, Thomas Graves said:
On 11/13/2011 at 4:06 PM, Thomas Graves said:
On 6/26/2010 at 7:31 AM, Robert Howard said:
On 6/12/2009 at 9:54 PM, Lee Forman said:
Jack White said:

Jack

- lee

3. NO INDEX

CORTES

END OF MESSAGE

Comment: *Automobile with this tag was parked in front of Soviet Embassy on 23 Nov. 

--Tommy

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874.

--Tommy

PS-- The 1963 Bluebook says "Transient" for that address in the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the book.

Edited by Thomas Graves

--Tommy

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874.

--Tommy

Nice work Tom....

I have my doubts as to whether what I am about to mention is a reference to the same person, But........

according to mary ferrell's chronologies there was an interesting incident involving someone named Cortez, even if the spelling is different, misspelt names in the Warren Commission documents is about as frequent as airline offers for frequent flyer miles......

March 1961 Dallas residents Mexican-American Cortez and Cuban Azcue are charged in Federal Court with illegal shipments from Shreveport, Marshall and Texarkana

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=40390&relPageId=30

That was all the passage said...Did anyone else know [if Azcue is in fact Eusebio Azcue] that Azcue lived in Dallas, of course I will have egg all over my face if Azcue is not the same Azcue as the not so unknown Eusebio Azcue.....I tried searching various newspaper articles for some news story regarding this incident without much luck although I am by no means through searching...One thing I did discover was a news story from roughly the same period

regarding persons in Texas charged with smuggling.....

12-21-1961

U. S. Export Ban Cites Tyler Man;

The individual was Lorenzo L. Saunders [of Tyler] affiliated with Transcontinental S.A., the "shipments" referenced were of "large quantities of auto, truck and farm implements."

And Transcontinental S.A. IS mentioned in JFK Assassination documents.....

I believe this aspect of the pre-assassination intrigues has to do with the CIA's efforts and Operation Mongoose

attempts to make sure any "shipments" to Cuba were of material which was dangerous to use, or even better inoperable.

Of course on another level someone say like Jack Ruby's connection to selling jeeps to Cuba was strictly a profit oriented venture...

Just so this post isn't considered minutae, I recently discovered that [whether it is a real name or some generic type of phrase....the Mexico City Mystery man appears to have been referred to by name....

Courtesy of Joe Backes

Document # 104-10015-10428 is a two page memorandum from Winston M. Scott to Clark D. Anderson, Legal Attache. It is date 11/27/63. I think this is a duplicate but I can't find it. Anyway, Scott is informing Anderson of all of the telephone intercepts referred to as "conversations from technical operations of this office". These include a telephone calls starting on September 27, 1963 to October 3, 1963.

"a. A telephone call to the Soviet embassy made at 1037 hours on 27 September 1963 by a man outside (Hombre Fuera-"HF" to an Hombre Dentro-"HD"). The man outside said he needed "unas visas" to go to Odessa.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=53292&relPageId=5

On 11/16/2011 at 5:53 AM, Robert Howard said:

I was perusing this old thread when this jumped out at me. As I write this, I'm sitting in a Von's grocery store in my hometown of La Jolla, California only about three blocks from 7818 Fay Avenue. Note the two mistakes in the address in CIA cable: Fay, not Faye. And Avenue, not Street. No wonder they didn't have anything on Andres V. Cortes. I don't suppose this could be another example of a barium meal? This coming week I'll visit the La Jolla History room at the La Jolla Library and see if I can find Andres V. Cortes at 7818 Fay Avenue in a 1962-1963 La Jolla "Bluebook" phone book. I'll even go back to 1954 or 1955 if I have to, seein' as how the Ford he registered in his name was a '55.

--Tommy

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874. 7818 Fay Avenue was "transient" in 1963, whatever that means. I noticed that the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the La Jolla Bluebbok used the term "vacant" to describe unoccupied houses...

--Tommy

Nice work Tom....

I have my doubts as to whether what I am about to mention is a reference to the same person, But........

according to mary ferrell's chronologies there was an interesting incident involving someone named Cortez, even if the spelling is different, misspelt names in the Warren Commission documents is about as frequent as airline offers for frequent flyer miles......

March 1961 Dallas residents Mexican-American Cortez and Cuban Azcue are charged in Federal Court with illegal shipments from Shreveport, Marshall and Texarkana

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=40390&relPageId=30

That was all the passage said...Did anyone else know [if Azcue is in fact Eusebio Azcue] that Azcue lived in Dallas, of course I will have egg all over my face if Azcue is not the same Azcue as the not so unknown Eusebio Azcue.....I tried searching various newspaper articles for some news story regarding this incident without much luck although I am by no means through searching...One thing I did discover was a news story from roughly the same period

12-21-1961

The individual was Lorenzo L. Saunders [of Tyler] affiliated with Transcontinental S.A., the "shipments" referenced were of "large quantities of auto, truck and farm implements."

I believe this aspect of the pre-assassination intrigues has to do with the CIA's efforts and Operation Mongoose

attempts to make sure any "shipments" to Cuba were of material which was dangerous to use, or even better inoperable.

Of course on another level someone say like Jack Ruby's connection to selling jeeps to Cuba was strictly a profit oriented venture...

Just so this post isn't considered minutae, I recently discovered that [whether it is a real name or some generic type of phrase....the Mexico City Mystery man appears to have been referred to by name....

Courtesy of Joe Backes

Document # 104-10015-10428 is a two page memorandum from Winston M. Scott to Clark D. Anderson, Legal Attache. It is date 11/27/63. I think this is a duplicate but I can't find it. Anyway, Scott is informing Anderson of all of the telephone intercepts referred to as "conversations from technical operations of this office". These include a telephone calls starting on September 27, 1963 to October 3, 1963.

"a. A telephone call to the Soviet embassy made at 1037 hours on 27 September 1963 by a man outside (Hombre Fuera-"HF" to an Hombre Dentro-"HD"). The man outside said he needed "unas visas" to go to Odessa.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=53292&relPageId=5

"Hombre afuera" is Spanish for "man outside" (or "outside man"), so it's a phrase, not a name. ("inside man" = hombre adentro")

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2011 at 2:03 PM, Thomas Graves said:
On 11/16/2011 at 5:53 AM, Robert Howard said:

I was perusing this old thread when this jumped out at me. As I write this, I'm sitting in a Von's grocery store in my hometown of La Jolla, California only about three blocks from 7818 Fay Avenue. Note the two mistakes in the address in the CIA cable: Fay, not Faye. And Avenue, not Street. No wonder they didn't have anything on Andres V. Cortes. I don't suppose this could be another example of a barium meal? This coming week I'll visit the La Jolla History room at the La Jolla Library and see if I can find Andres V. Cortes at 7818 Fay Avenue in a 1962-1963 La Jolla "Bluebook" phone book. I'll even go back to 1954 or 1955 if I have to, seein' as how the Ford he registered in his name was a '55.

--Tommy

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874. 7818 Fay Avenue was "transient" in 1963, whatever that means. I noticed that the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the La Jolla Bluebbok used the term "vacant" to describe unoccupied houses...

--Tommy

Nice work Tom....

According to mary ferrell's chronologies there was an interesting incident involving someone named Cortez, even if the spelling is different, misspelt names in the Warren Commission documents is about as frequent as airline offers for frequent flyer miles......

That was all the passage said...Did anyone else know that Azcue lived in Dallas? Of course I will have egg all over my face if Azcue is not the same Azcue as the not so unknown Eusebio Azcue.....I tried searching various newspaper articles for some news story regarding this incident without much luck although I am by no means through searching...One thing I did discover was a news story from roughly the same period

12-21-1961

Courtesy of Joe Backes

(color added by T. Graves)

FWIW:  Spanish for "man outside" is "hombre afuera", and "man inside" = hombre adentro."  

Edit:  "Unas visas" is incorrect Spanish.  The word "una / uno" means "one" and never 

has a plural "s" on the end.  Maybe the speaker said "algunas visas" which means "some visas," but I rather doubt it.

--Tommy

bump

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 month later...

Small update on Jesse James Williams account - the kitchenette motel referred to in the 'mandolin playing incident' appears to fit in very nicely with the Grande court Tourist Lodge, 1401 N Zang Boulevard. From the Baker Hotel [gone] on Ackard and Commerce, the Grand Court would have indeed been a white kitchenette style motor lodge, on the right after crossing the Houston St Viaduct.

Vintage postcard: Grande Lodge Motel, 1401 N. Zang Blvd., Oak Cliff, Dallas, Texas

Torn down quite some time ago - could dovetail with this other account below - but wondering if anyone has ever seen this motel referenced anywhere?

Yesterday, November 23, 1963, I was standing on the terrace of the small park on Elm Street to watch the President's motorcade. The President's car had just come up in front of me when I heard a shot and saw the President slump down in the car and heard Mrs. Kennedy say, "Oh, no," then a second shot and then I hit the ground as I realized these were shots. Then all of the people started running up the terrace away from the President's car and I got up and started running also, not realizing what had happened. In just a few moments the President's car sped off and everyone was just running around towards the railroad tracks and I knew that they had somebody trapped up there. I imagine I stayed there 15 or 20 minutes and then went over on Houston Street to where I had my truck parked. I had just pulled away from the curb and was headed toward the Houston street viaduct [sic] when an automobile that had 3 men in it pulled away from the curb in a burst of speed, passing me on the right side, which was very dangerous at that point, then got in front of me, and it seemed then as an afterthought, slowed in a big hurry in front of me as though realizing they would be conspicuous in speeding. These three men were of slender build and seemed to be very excited in talking and motioning to each other. They went on across the Houston Street Viaduct and I turned off at Marsalis Street exit [sic] and they continued on going towards Zangs Blvd. They were in a 1961 or 1962 Chevrolet sedan, maroon in color. I [cross-out] don't believe I could identify these men, but I do believe I could identify the automobile if I saw it again.

• 4 years later...
On 11/16/2011 at 2:03 PM, Thomas Graves said:

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874. 7818 Fay Avenue was "transient" in 1963, whatever that means. I noticed that the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the La Jolla Bluebook used the a different term, "vacant," to describe unoccupied houses...

--Tommy :sun

PS --  "Hombre afuera" is Spanish for "man outside" (or "outside man"), so in the document it's a phrase, not a name. (FWIW, "inside man" = hombre adentro")

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874. 7818 Fay Avenue was "transient" in 1963, whatever that means. I noticed that the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the La Jolla Bluebook used the a different term, "vacant," to describe unoccupied houses...

--Tommy :sun

PS --  "Hombre afuera" is Spanish for "man outside" (or "outside man"), so in the document it's a phrase, not a name. (FWIW, "inside man" = hombre adentro")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm bumping this thread again because I'm fascinated by the fact that a car registered to a man living in my home town was spotted near the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City the day after the assassination.  

It's interesting to note that about a year ago I found out from a La Jolla acquaintance of mine, via a FB post, that he was invited to attend an Alpha 66 meeting in La Jolla around 1963, which he says he did, but that he didn't understand what was discussed there because he didn't speak Spanish at the time ...

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:
On 11/16/2016 at 9:58 PM, Thomas Graves said:

There was an Andres Cortes living at 7818 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, California in 1964-1965 and in 1966. No phone number given in the 1964-1965 book, just his address and name in the "Householder's Directory" in the back. He's not listed in the front "normal" part of the 1966 Bluebook either. It's only in the "Homeowner's Directory" in 1966. It was 454-5874. 7818 Fay Avenue was "transient" in 1963, whatever that means. I noticed that the "Homeowner's Directory" part of the La Jolla Bluebook used the a different term, "vacant," to describe unoccupied houses...

--Tommy :sun

PS --  "Hombre afuera" is Spanish for "man outside" (or "outside man"), so in the document it's a phrase, not a name. (FWIW, "inside man" = hombre adentro")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm bumping this thread again because I'm fascinated by the fact that a car registered to a man living in my home town was spotted near the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City the day after the assassination.  

It's interesting to note that about a year ago I found out from a La Jolla acquaintance of mine, via a FB post, that he was invited to attend an Alpha 66 meeting in La Jolla around 1963, which he says he did, but that he didn't understand what was discussed there because he didn't speak Spanish at the time ...

--  TG

PS  To see where this "La Jolla" angle begins in this thread, see Robert Howard's June 26, 2010, post at the top of page 8, and my replies thereto.

bumped

--  TG

Quoted for a few comments I have.

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Quoted for a few comments I have.

Huh?

Where, pray tell?  Forty-three minutes ago and counting.

Shall I bump it again, now, Michael?  Or shall I wait the mandatory 24 hours before doing so, and give you another opportunity to "cover" it with a non-sequiteur one-sentence "post" at that time?

Regardless, "quoted" for what, Michael?  Are you compiling something like the Steele Dossier on Tommy Graves, except with the aim of proving that The Deep State really does exist?

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 6/26/2010 at 7:31 AM, Robert Howard said:

3. NO INDEX

ANDRES V. CORTES OF 7818 FAYE (sic) STREET (sic), LA JOLLA, CALIF. KUBARK HAS NO RECORD

CORTES

END OF MESSAGE

23 Nov.

bumped; see my posts on this thread regarding this address

also please bear in mind that, fwiw, I learned from a La Jolla friend of mine about a year ago that he had attended an Alpha 66 meeting in La Jolla back in 1963