The Education Forum

Camarillo Ranch

This is a new thread from the Irv Kupcinet thread, which started to focus on Camarillo Ranch, CA. It is 20 minutes away from the heart of Oxnard, going East. Oxnard came up as a woman there predicted to phone operators and their manager that Kennedy was going to be killed. This woman, btw, was not Karyn Kupcinet.

http://www.centex.com/directors.htm

Basically, due to James Richards and Norman George, I started my "uncanny" search over the Internet and found something. The Camarillo Ranch was owned by Centex Corp, who in turn donated it to the community of Camarillo. Camarillo was incorporated as a town in 1964. The Ranch now serves as a place to hold weddings, with its restored, big Victorian house. It came into my mind that John Armstrong was a builder, and would rather do that than finish his research on Donald O. Norton.

So I looked up Centex. Centex Corp is rated as the best builders by Fortune Mag. Here's the history of Centex ownership:

"The 4.5-acre Camarillo Ranch was given to the City of Camarillo by the Centex Corporation in 1997. Centex had acquired the property from a member of the Camarillo Family. Along with the Ranch, the City also received the barn and stable on the adjacent property. In 1999, the City, working with Centex, moved the massive red barn and stable to their current locations on the Ranch."

I wanted to see the Board of Directors and got a shock:

Among a dozen or so people, this name jumped out at me. Clint W. Murchison, III - Private Real Estate Development and Other Investments. His bio reads:

"Mr. Murchison is a regional trustee of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

"Mr. Murchison was grandfathered and exempted from the 20-year term limit adopted in 2004, in light of his significant tenure as a director.

"Because Centex is headquartered in Dallas, we have put a special emphasis on supporting nonprofit organizations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that make our community a better place to live and work. Centex Corporation will invest about $1 million in the Dallas/Fort Worth community this year through our strategic community investment program. We will support about 20 area nonprofits through both funds and volunteer activities."

Well, there's some kind of connection. Can anyone else add more?

Kathy

post-5645-1182921763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kathleen Collins

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the man pictured, Clint Murchison III, was only sixteen when JFK was killed. Somehow I doubt that he was part of any conspiracy. I think researchers have been more focused on his father, Clint Murchison II.

Query when Centex acquired the ranch? Was it even owned by Centex in 1963? According to James Richards, the ranch was purchased by the Great Lakes Carbon Company in 1965. That company was owned by relatives of Robert Kennedy. Since Centex donated the ranch to the City of Camarillo, its present owner, it would seem that Centex must have owned the ranch after Great Lakes Carbon?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Hi Tim,

Welcome back.

In 1963, I believe the owners of the ranch were Isabel Burket, Carmen Camarillo Jones and the children of Ava Fitzgerald whose names escape me for now. At the time they owed the U.S. government some 2 million dollars in taxes.

James

In the Kupcinet thread, James posted:

"That aside, it might be worth noting that in 1965, the Great Lakes Carbon Co. purchased the ranch. This company was owned by George, Rushton and James Skakel - Robert Kennedy's brothers-in-law.

"A year later George Skakel was killed in a plane crash. Also killed were Dean Markham, friend of RFK and who held several federal appointments, and Louis Werner who was the director of the St. Louis regional office of the CIA.

"Earl Ranft, trucking firm president and Donald Adams of Mountain Home Air Force base were also killed."

That George Skakel was George Skakel, Jr., Ethel's brother. Almost incredibly, ten years earlier both of their parents were killed in a plane crash as well.

Edited by Tim Gratz

"That aside, it might be worth noting that in 1965, the Great Lakes Carbon Co. purchased the ranch. This company was owned by George, Rushton and James Skakel - Robert Kennedy's brothers-in-law.

"A year later George Skakel was killed in a plane crash. Also killed were Dean Markham, friend of RFK and who held several federal appointments, and Louis Werner who was the director of the St. Louis regional office of the CIA.

"Earl Ranft, trucking firm president and Donald Adams of Mountain Home Air Force base were also killed."

That George Skakel was George Skakel, Jr., Ethel's brother. Almost incredibly, ten years earlier both of their parents were killed in a plane crash as well.

How far is that from the Acacia Mansion. in Ojai, CA? That location is a very obscure locale that has a somewhat bizarre history as well.....

How far is that from the Acacia Mansion. in Ojai, CA? That location is a very obscure locale that has a somewhat bizarre history as well.....

"How far is that from the Acacia Mansion. in Ojai, CA? That location is a very obscure locale that has a somewhat bizarre history as well....."

From MapQuest:

Maneuvers Distance Maps

1: Start out going WEST on E OJAI AVE / CA-150 toward N MONTGOMERY ST. 0.4 miles Map

2: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto W OJAI AVE / CA-150. Continue to follow CA-150. 2.8 miles Map

3: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto N VENTURA AVE / CA-33. Continue to follow CA-33 S. 11.1 miles Map

4: Merge onto US-101 S via the exit on the LEFT toward LOS ANGELES. 17.0 miles Map

5: Take the exit. 0.1 miles Map

6: Turn RIGHT onto VENTURA BLVD. <0.1 miles Map

7: End at Camarillo, CA US Map

Total Est. Time: 38 minutes Total Est. Distance: 31.60 miles

As the crow flies. These are small, sometimes winding 2-lane roads, taking in the more rural sections of Ventura County.

"That George Skakel was George Skakel, Jr., Ethel's brother."

Hey T.G.!

Good to see you back!

Ethel Skakel Kennedy. Spot on!

Hi Tim...good to see you here again!

I just wanted to add that Ojai is an obscure small town, in a beautiful forest area. It is somewhat exclusive and has some cute little shops. I have to go through it in order to get to the Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo areas, which is on the coastal highway However, I don't know anything about the Acacia Mansion.(By the way....Camarilla is pronounced Cam-ar-ee-a and Ojai is O-hi)

Dixie

Edited by Dixie Dea

Hi Tim...good to see you here again!

I just wanted to add that Ojai is an obscure small town, in a beautiful forest area. It is somewhat exclusive and has some cute little shops. I have to go through it in order to get to the Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo areas, which is on the coastal highway However, I don't know anything about the Acacia Mansion.(By the way....Camarilla is pronounced Cam-ar-ee-a and Ojai is O-hi)

Dixie

"I have to go through it in order to get to the Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo areas, which is on the coastal highway However, I don't know anything about the Acacia Mansion."

Hey Doo,

I've got a great idea! Why don't I pick you up in Bake some Saturday, and we motor down to Ojai, which BTW, in most Native American dialects, means "nest," and do some sleuthing to see what we can find out about The Acacia Mansion? We could swing on over to Camarillo and get some fruit at one of the roadside stands, and grab a bite to eat later on in the evening. Maybe after Labor Day, when I get back from Atlanta?

Talk to you this weekend.

Ter

This is a new thread from the Irv Kupcinet thread, which started to focus on Camarillo Ranch, CA. It is 20 minutes away from the heart of Oxnard, going East. Oxnard came up as a woman there predicted to phone operators and their manager that Kennedy was going to be killed. This woman, btw, was not Karyn Kupcinet.

http://www.centex.com/directors.htm

Basically, due to James Richards and Norman George, I started my "uncanny" search over the Internet and found something. The Camarillo Ranch was owned by Centex Corp, who in turn donated it to the community of Camarillo. Camarillo was incorporated as a town in 1964. The Ranch now serves as a place to hold weddings, with its restored, big Victorian house. It came into my mind that John Armstrong was a builder, and would rather do that than finish his research on Donald O. Norton.

So I looked up Centex. Centex Corp is rated as the best builders by Fortune Mag. Here's the history of Centex ownership:

"The 4.5-acre Camarillo Ranch was given to the City of Camarillo by the Centex Corporation in 1997. Centex had acquired the property from a member of the Camarillo Family. Along with the Ranch, the City also received the barn and stable on the adjacent property. In 1999, the City, working with Centex, moved the massive red barn and stable to their current locations on the Ranch."

I wanted to see the Board of Directors and got a shock:

Among a dozen or so people, this name jumped out at me. Clint W. Murchison, III - Private Real Estate Development and Other Investments. His bio reads:

"Mr. Murchison is a regional trustee of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

"Mr. Murchison was grandfathered and exempted from the 20-year term limit adopted in 2004, in light of his significant tenure as a director.

"Because Centex is headquartered in Dallas, we have put a special emphasis on supporting nonprofit organizations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that make our community a better place to live and work. Centex Corporation will invest about $1 million in the Dallas/Fort Worth community this year through our strategic community investment program. We will support about 20 area nonprofits through both funds and volunteer activities."

Well, there's some kind of connection. Can anyone else add more?

Kathy

Kathy - nice work. You are on to something. This may provide some info... I believe I read that the claim made by Wean was also substantiated in 'Contract on America' with respect to the phone records being handed to RFK - I don't have it handy, but made a mental note to review the reference someday.

Boggs: The fellow Butler, who works for the profit organizations that Dr. Oxnard heads to disseminate and tie Communist propaganda to Latin America, is the one who confronted him on the streets in New Orleans. I know Butler. He is a very fine young man. It was . . . Butler says that this w the first time that they established that he had been in Russia and that he had defected at one time and then returned. You have that undoubtedly in your files, that film, that tape that was made and borrowed in New Orleans?
I think it's possible Boggs was mistaken or that there was an error made here - Oschner is most likely the individual Boggs was talking about. I wonder if this was intentional?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...1&hl=oxnard

http://www.ci.camarillo.ca.us/cultural/cityweb.html

Don Adolfo Camarillo sounded like an interesting historical figure - died in December of 1958. He left behind 4 daughters, 8 grandchildren and 21 great grandchildren. He was awarded the Order of St Gregory by Pius XII [The Pope responsible for the Ratlines]. 50 year Knight of Columbus, 70 as a Native Son of the Golden West. It would be interesting to learn more about the grandchildren.

When Adolfo Camarillo died in 1958, the ownership of the horses fell to his daughter Carmen, who faithfully carried on parading the horses for the enjoyment of the people of Ventura County until her death in 1987. On December 12, 1987, according to her wishes, the horses were sold at public auction, ending the tradition of exclusive ownership of the majestic white horses by the Camarillo family.

Dr. Louis Joyon "Jolly" West appears to have operated in Vacaville [which I sort of attempted to raise before when questioning Bugliosi's book and role with Manson], as well as Camarillo State Hospital - in addition to paying a little visit to Jack Ruby in Dallas [Wouldn't it have been nice to get some before and after video - of Ruby, and Goerring too, before Dulles had Cameron pay him a visit].

Keep up the good work Kathy [but watch your 6]!

- lee

I just wanted to add a side tidbit in regard to the Camarillo State Mental Hospital....for those unaware of it. It is referred to as Hotel California. In fact, the Eagles song, Hotel California is about this facility and the building on the cover of the album is also of the facility. If interested there is a nice pictorial site at the following link.

Camarillo State Hospital

http://www.imagesmithstudio.com/sm/OHTour/OHindex.htm

Dixie

Edited by Dixie Dea

I just wanted to add a side tidbit in regard to the Camarillo State Mental Hospital....for those unaware of it. It is referred to as Hotel California. In fact, the Eagles song, Hotel California is about this facility and the building on the cover of the album is also of the facility. If interested there is a nice pictorial site at the following link.

Camarillo State Hospital

http://www.imagesmithstudio.com/sm/OHTour/OHindex.htm

Dixie

Hi Dixie,

Thanks for sharing that! (And to think that I used to sing that song for an instrumentally-excellent Brno (Czech Republic) band, "Traffic Jam," at Molly's Irish Pub on Ceska Street because the lead singer didn't know the words, and to think that people actually applauded!!! .... LOL

--Thomas

I'd have to check notes of interviews not at hand, but if my memory serves me, Plumlee said he flew Roselli and others to a landing-strip near that Ranch in the months before the events of Dallas. 

Peter,

I believe you are correct about the landing strip. There was also a weapons training facility not too far away.

James

Guest Gary Loughran
I'd have to check notes of interviews not at hand, but if my memory serves me, Plumlee said he flew Roselli and others to a landing-strip near that Ranch in the months before the events of Dallas. 

Peter,

I believe you are correct about the landing strip. There was also a weapons training facility not too far away.

James

If my assumption is correct that Rosselli acted as a bag man for the plotters, is there significance to his arrival here in the months prior to the assassination vis either a hired assassin's part payment and/or supply of gear.

Hmm, weapons training nearby!!! Do 2+2 make 4 in this case?

PS. Forgot to add this

CAMARILLO FAMILY MAUSOLEUM

Situated at rear of St. Mary Magdalen Chapel, 2532 E. Ventura Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93010

Memorial Tablet at entrance to mausoleum reads:

in Memorium

Parents

Juan Camarillo

Born May 27, 1812 Died December 4, 1880

Martina Hernandez Camarillo

Born November 11, 1825 Died April 15, 1898

Liberi Born Died

Praxedes Camarillo July 9, 1842 April 11, 1869

Adelaida C. Moraga February 19, 1844 February 3, 1930

Aldegunda C. Del Campo January 6, 1846 March 22, 1927

Maria C. De Arnaz May 5, 1848 October 11, 1916