The Education Forum

Deep Politics Forum Kaput?

Was Deep Politics Forum hacked, or did they close up shop?

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/index.php

Deep Politics Forum has passed on. It is no more. It has ceased to be. Expired and gone to meet it's maker. It is a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace, pushing up daisies. It's system processes are now history. It's off the twig. It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX FORUM!!

If this is true, will one of the DPF administrators give an explaination?

Also, I know there were a number of threads dedicated to the discussion of the Deep Politics Forum on the JFK Assassination Debate at the Ed Forum.

I couldn't find one. Will someone please bring one up?

And if there aren't any, were they removed?

Thanks,

BK

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

As you already know, we had many such "attacks" on JFKresearch Assassination Forum. None resulted in an "actual" or permanent shut down. The messages always turned out to be a hoax and were "hacker" driven. However, one hack was so destructive that we needed to reconstruct the entire "forum" portion of the site from archives. Some "last minute" entries (just prior to the hack) were lost, but very few. On more than one occasion, Rich changed servers to increase security. Sometimes more data is lost than at other times. It all depends. Hopefully, this will be a hoax, but ultimately not too destructive.

Bill,

As you already know, we had many such "attacks" on JFKresearch Assassination Forum. None resulted in an "actual" or permanent shut down. The messages always turned out to be a hoax and were "hacker" driven. However, one hack was so destructive that we needed to reconstruct the entire "forum" portion of the site from archives. Some "last minute" entries (just prior to the hack) were lost, but very few. On more than one occasion, Rich changed servers to increase security. Sometimes more data is lost than at other times. It all depends. Hopefully, this will be a hoax, but ultimately not too destructive.

But you don't know if it was a hack job or they just shut down?

It sounds like a hack job to me.

Somebody from that forum should give us heads up as to whether they were hacked or just shut down.

That doesn't sound like a message that one of their founders would have left.

BK

It appears to be part of the current cyber warfare on political sites.....best anyone can tell at this moment. They are optimistic it will be back up sooner....but I fear the archives could have been damaged. Expect lots more like this from now on. The war is engaged. It has NOTHING to do with internal disagreements nor money. It was some kind of server attack or failure [likely due to attack].

Peter

Hi Bill.

This looks like the work of hackers.

The following appears to be a parody of Monty Python's - Dead Parrot Sketch

Deep Politics Forum has passed on. It is no more. It has ceased to be. Expired and gone to meet it's maker. It is a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace, pushing up daisies. It's system processes are now history. It's off the twig. It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX FORUM!!

Edited by Robin Unger

Via email today:

Gentlemen,

The Deep Politics Forum has been hacked. Principals are making every effort to re-open, preserve, and protect our forum and its contents at all due speed.

Please feel free to share this with concerned parties within your respective orbits.

Of course you may also feel free to speculate on the particulars, but please don't put words in our mouths.

Many thanks,

Charles Drago

Edited by Jack White

Guest Robert Morrow

deleted

It will be back up. Usually with these hacker attacks, the techies can get it up and running in a little while. That is why - if you post a lot - save ALL YOUR MAJOR POSTS to you home computer. That way you can put in back out on the internet at some other forum.

And also, whenever you find something extremely worthy on the internet, copy it to your computer in a document file, because you never know when that discussion board, blog or Facebook page is going to be POOF! gone forever!

I do like DPF and think it is a great place to learn about "deep politics."

Obviously, some incredibly important information is being posted over there. And someone feels the need to try and destoy people's access to it.

That is why - if you post a lot - save ALL YOUR MAJOR POSTS to you home computer. That way you can put in back out on the internet at some other forum.

And also, whenever you find something extremely worthy on the internet, copy it to your computer in a document file, because you never know when that discussion board, blog or Facebook page is going to be POOF! gone forever!

That is sage advice. I fell foul of not doing so with my original thread addressing the Jack White Apollo claims. I could always write the text again, but the many hours of work I put into diagrammes, etc, show why Jack was wrong were for a large part lost and had to be remade from scratch. This time, as I completed a portion of the thread, I saved it and I made sure all the images were saved. Ditto for websites that have interesting material and might be subject to alteration to erase embarrassing gaffs.

Downloading documents, images, etc, is also a good idea. Whenever you read / view something like that, you are downloading it (stand fast cache) so why not just download it onto the PC and have a copy always? Each time I have to refer to an Apollo technical note or a study, I put it in my library. That way I have always got a copy, even if I cannot access the internet.

Guest Robert Morrow

www.jfkmurdersolved.com down, too, as of 12/17/10 at 5:43 PM Eastern. Looks like a denial of service attack as the Empire strikes back, as I speculate.

If I were running the servers of Education Forum, I would EXPECT similar attacks, hacks, and vandalism in the (near) future. Just my speculation.

And you (we) have been warned!

deleted because Charles said I did not quote him accurately

It will be back up. Usually with these hacker attacks, the techies can get it up and running in a little while. That is why - if you post a lot - save ALL YOUR MAJOR POSTS to you home computer. That way you can put in back out on the internet at some other forum.

I do like DPF and think it is a great place to learn about "deep politics."

Obviously, some incredibly important information is being posted over there. And someone feels the need to try and destoy people's access to it.

Another DPD forum co-founder and moderator says that they are gone for good, they were not hacked, and it is not about money.

Whatever it is, something is going on.

A number of DPF members are still members here. One can only hope one of them will fill us in.

The original message quoted by Bill was issued by the company that ran the forum. They just have a sense of humour. That has now been removed as well as the other pages on view such as book lists. It clearly has not been hacked or has suffered a denial of service. It would seem they have been unwilling to pay their bills. The problem for Deep Politics was that it did not get many page views. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for new forums to get established in search-engine rankings. As they found that forum debates was just a small group of people talking to each other they probably decided it was not worth the money or the intellectual effort involved. I was reading the other day that 95% of all blogs are abandoned within three months. People come to the conclusion that there are no point writing things if no one reads it.