The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/4/2017 at 1:59 PM, Karl Hilliard said:

Curious....Why would anyone photoshop the film?

Karl, nice find about the guy standing with his back to the camera outside of the TSBD. The only issue I have is that film seems to have been taken later and if LHO had left to begin his journey to Oak Cliff to meet his contact at the theater, he may not have had enough time to linger like you see in the film.

At the same time, it does look like him - he seems to have the general appearance.  Here's a screen grab:

lho1.jpg

...and then here is LHO shortly after arriving at the police station:

lho2.jpg

When you compare the two of the guys' backsides in the above it does appear to be him but we'll probably never know for sure.

I also agree with you that the color red pops out more than colors.  I vaguely remember reading about it years ago - something to do with the short wavelength of red in the spectrum, causing it to pop in film.  You can see it in these films elsewhere too - there was a woman with a red coat on and her red too pops like the Lovelady shirt.

There was no photoshopping done, just an FYI :)

But more intriguing is people seem to have a problem believing that the "gorilla" out on the steps is Lovelady. To confirm, it is him.  Here's why.  Below is a screen grab of the red checkered guy out on the steps:

bill1.jpg

...and here is the known Lovelady sitting and watching Oswald being brought in.  Notice the strand of hair across the bald spot on his head in both photos. This proves that the guy in the station and the guy out on the steps are the same people - Lovelady.

bill2.jpg

But I agree, it is an interesting find in that film of a potential LHO sighting out in front of the building with the fire trucks and so on.

And to answer your question about why would they photoshop in the red.  My answer would be - why would they, indeed?  There's simply no reason for it and what folks don't seem to understand that even if someone tried to do that with 50 year old film, it'd be very noticeable.

Just for what it's worth, from my previous incarnation as an advertising/graphics guy:  If you want a really intense black in black-and-white, you use red.  You use light blue for guide lines and things that you want to disappear, because it is essentially invisible.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs. Pauline Sanders and Mrs. Sarah Stanton are two unaccounted occupants of the Depository doorway. I have reviewed all frames of Darnell film carefully one more time, and came to a conclusion that one of the two ladies may have have been captured in Darnell film. The frame of interest is the 27th frame counted from the last frame. In my library, the filename  is 20130908-003922. The human figure of interest is standing in the east part of the top landing, with the east pole of the middle door panel being just behind the person's head. 

Please find here the section of the doorway with two rectangles. The small, yellow rectangle zooms on the figure, and the large, orange rectangle shows the person in a slightly wider context. The person is a Causian and quite short (5'1'' or 5''), although further analysis is needed to estimate this person's body height more accurately. Since the person stands on the top landing and is short, it is conceivable that we actually see Mrs. Sarah Stanton whom Billy Lovelady described as a "heavyset short lady". The average body height of women born in 1922 (the birth year of Mrs. Stanton) in USA in early sixties was 63.2'' or 5'3.2''.  Thus, the person seen in Darnell film is apparently smaller than the average woman in her forties, and would therefore fit with Lovelady's description of Mrs. Sarah Stanton.

detailedframes.jpg?w=768&h=384

Very nice Andrej, this  also strengthens the case for Prayer Man standing one step down.

Checkmate Brian Doyle.

Edited by Bart Kamp

On 11/11/2017 at 2:37 AM, Andrej Stancak said:

Mrs. Pauline Sanders and Mrs. Sarah Stanton are two unaccounted occupants of the Depository doorway. I have reviewed all frames of Darnell film carefully one more time, and came to a conclusion that one of the two ladies may have have been captured in Darnell film. The frame of interest is the 27th frame counted from the last frame. In my library, the filename  is 20130908-003922. The human figure of interest is standing in the east part of the top landing, with the east pole of the middle door panel being just behind the person's head. 

Please find here the section of the doorway with two rectangles. The small, yellow rectangle zooms on the figure, and the large, orange rectangle shows the person in a slightly wider context. The person is a Causian and quite short (5'1'' or 5''), although further analysis is needed to estimate this person's body height more accurately. Since the person stands on the top landing and is short, it is conceivable that we actually see Mrs. Sarah Stanton whom Billy Lovelady described as a "heavyset short lady". The average body height of women born in 1922 (the birth year of Mrs. Stanton) in USA in early sixties was 63.2'' or 5'3.2''.  Thus, the person seen in Darnell film is apparently smaller than the average woman in her forties, and would therefore fit with Lovelady's description of Mrs. Sarah Stanton.

detailedframes.jpg?w=768&h=384

Good eyes Andrej.

There does appear to be a woman standing in the corner of the doorway.

201712.jpg

20171118-145103.JPG.749043d0942f330b42c0957f80d45dd3.JPG

Edited by Robin Unger

Mr. BALL. Did you go out on the street to see the motorcade?
Mr. MOLINA. Yes. I was standing on the front steps.
Mr. BALL. With whom?
Mr. MOLINA. Right next left of me was Mr. Williams and close to there was Mrs. Sanders.
Mr. BALL. Pauline Sanders.
Mr. MOLINA. Yes.

Thanks, Robin. We still miss the other lady which I guess would be Pauline Sanders and you seem to think would be Mrs. Stanton. Let us see where to will it lead us.

The short person may have been standing behind Bill Shelley, Mrs. Lovelady and Mrs. Sanders and very close to Mr. Buell Frazier during the shooting, and this is the reason for not seeing her in e.g. Wiegman film. She was too short and therefore hidden behind these people. Few tens of seconds later, she would move to the east part of the doorway to be able to view the area of Tripple Underpass, and this gave the chance to spot her. Of course, this is difficult to prove at this stage.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

We have Mr. Frazier's statements in his interviews in which he claimed that Mrs. Stanton has stood right next to him which would imply she stood on the top landing.  Buell Frazier would hardly be able to say this if Mrs. Stanton stood on one of the lower steps in the east part of the doorway. Just a thought.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

2 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Ruth Dean on the left in black, and possibly Sarah Stanton on the right, standing next to Otis Williams.

weigman-crop-of-sarahstanton.jpg

sarahstanton.png

Mrs. Avery Davis could perhaps be the lady standing next to Mrs. Ruth Dean. Mrs. Davis in her affidavit stated that she has stood on one of the lower steps. 

Edited by Andrej Stancak