The Education Forum

Sylvia Odio, Lee Harvey Oswald and Harry Dean

Paul Trejo

4 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Ernie, Thanks for keeping on top of all of this. I have been following this with interest.

I am sure that you are aware tha Paul has claimed that he has gone through a large portion of General Walkers papers. I believe he has also claimed that his access was exclusive, and that much of it remains to be sorted-through.

Can you say anything about the collection of papers to which Paul refers? Does he know things that researchers do not know?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Michael

Michael:  My comments are based upon the fact that Paul...

(1)  has claimed to have reviewed all of Walker's personal papers archived at the University of Texas (Austin)  Briscoe Center for American History BUT Paul has never identified EVEN ONE reference to ANYTHING in those Walker papers concerning Harry Dean, Guy Galbadon, or any JBS plot.  In addition, the "Finding Aid" to Walker's papers contains no relevant references. I posted the Finding Aid on Internet Archive website:  https://archive.org/details/FindingAidWalkerPapers

(2)  after all the many years during which Paul has posted hundreds of messages pertaining to Harry's story -- neither Paul or Harry have ever been able to produce one single verifiable piece of factual evidence to even establish that Walker was in southern California at the time which they claim he was meeting with the alleged principals in the "JBS plot".

IMPORTANTLY:

(3) The burden of proof ALWAYS is the responsibility of the person(s) who are making an argument or making an assertion.

(4)  If they cannot provide compelling primary source documentation or corroboration -- then it is manifestly nothing more than (at best) gossip or rumor or speculation or anecdotal, i.e. "an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay."

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ernie Lazar said:

(1)  has claimed to have reviewed all of Walker's personal papers archived at the University of Texas (Austin)  Briscoe Center for American History BUT Paul has never identified EVEN ONE reference to ANYTHING in those Walker papers concerning Harry Dean, Guy Galbadon, or any JBS plot.  In addition, the "Finding Aid" to Walker's papers contains no relevant references. I posted the Finding Aid on Internet Archive website:  https://archive.org/details/FindingAidWalkerPapers

(2)  after all the many years during which Paul has posted hundreds of messages pertaining to Harry's story -- neither Paul or Harry have ever been able to produce one single verifiable piece of factual evidence to even establish that Walker was in southern California at the time which they claim he was meeting with the alleged principals in the "JBS plot".

IMPORTANTLY:

(3) The burden of proof ALWAYS is the responsibility of the person(s) who are making an argument or making an assertion.

(4)  If they cannot provide compelling primary source documentation or corroboration -- then it is manifestly nothing more than (at best) gossip or rumor or speculation or anecdotal, i.e. "an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay."

Ernie, Thank you very much for your response.

Paul is investing increasing energies and personal credibility to his assertion of an "October Surprise". I suspect he may be holding some information, close, to someday in the future bolster his credibility; He seems to care not a whit for his credibility right now. My suspicion grows daily. 

I think that as a real researcher this does not concern you, since, I imagine, in the research community, he will have earned himself nothing but coal in his stocking if he turns-out to have been hiding his findings, come October.

I don't know that I have left you with anything further on which you can comment, but I do hope so.

Cheers,

Michael

4 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Ernie, Thank you very much for your response.

Paul is investing increasing energies and personal credibility to his assertion of an "October Surprise". I suspect he may be holding some information, close, to someday in the future bolster his credibility; He seems to care not a whit for his credibility right now. My suspicion grows daily. 

I think that as a real researcher this does not concern you, since, I imagine, in the research community, he will have earned himself nothing but coal in his stocking if he turns-out to have been hiding his findings, come October.

I don't know that I have left you with anything further on which you can comment, but I do hope so.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael:  NARA has published the entire list of documents which will be released in October 2017.  I posted a link to that NARA list here on EF many months ago.  There are relatively few FBI documents to be released and NONE of the file numbers listed pertain to Harry Dean or to Edwin Walker or to the Birch Society or to John Rousselot or to Robert Welch or to Loran Hall or to Larry Howard.

You can draw the appropriate conclusion.

BTW-- NARA told me that all those remaining documents will be available online.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

1 minute ago, Ernie Lazar said:

Michael:  NARA has published the entire list of documents which will be released in October 2017.  I posted a link to that NARA list here on EF many months ago.  There are relatively few FBI documents to be released and NONE of the file numbers listed pertain to Harry Dean or to Edwin Walker or to the Birch Society or to John Rousselot or to Robert Welch or to Loran Hall or to Larry Howard.

You can draw the appropriate conclusion.

BTW-- NARA told me that all those remaining documents will be available online.

Ernie, Thanks so much. That answers my questions.

Cheers,

Michael

On 4/1/2017 at 3:39 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Thomas,

From: G. Robert Blakey and Richard Billings. The Plot to Kill the President (1981) on the Spartacus web site:

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKhallL.htm

"In September 1963 Hall and Howard drove from Los Angeles, heading for Miami with a trailer-load of arms, but they were forced to leave the trailer in Dallas for lack of a hiding place in Florida. In October Hall and Seymour, back in Dallas to retrieve the trailer, were arrested for possession of drugs; but with the help of an influential financial supporter, they were released. They took the arms back to Miami, but the mission for which they were intended, Hall told us, was aborted in late October when he, Howard, Seymour, and some Cubans were arrested by customs officials as they were driving to their embarkation point south of Miami. No charges were filed, but their arms and equipment were confiscated, so they returned to Miami, frustrated, and in early November, headed west. All three swore they were at their respective homes - Hall and Howard in California, Seymour in Arizona - on November 22, 1963."

If my memory serves me right, the "influential financial backer" was Lester Logue, another one of those pesky Army Reserve Colonels.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

This is an interesting question because the New Book by Jeff Caufield (2015) speaks about Loran Hall and Harry Dean, and it is interesting to review Harry Dean's claims about this ride -- claims that Robert Blakey did not consider there.  

The following CT is based on Harry Dean's account, and on Loran Hall's account to reporters around 1967:

1.  In September 1963 Harry Dean helped Guy Gabaldon, Loran Hall and Larry Howard fill up their trailer full of paramilitary supplies donated by well-heeled John Birch Society members.  

2.  Hall and Howard made three to six trips every month -- it wasn't a one-time deal.  

3.  There were multiple destinations for these paramilitary supplies, including New Orleans and Miami -- into the hands of Cuban Raid groups such as La Sambra and Interpen.

4.  This was a regular procedure for Harry Dean, who, along with Gabby Gabaldon, would go around Los Angeles picking up supplies and storing them in their garages until Hall and Howard returned for more.

5.  The late September 1963 load was different, however.  On this load, says Harry Dean, he saw Gabby give to Loran Hall a big wad of cash.  Gabby never did that before.  

6.  The purpose of this wad of cash, Gabby told Harry later, was to pick up Lee Harvey Oswald in New Orleans, and drive him to Mexico City.

7.  Interpen had dozens of places around the USA where their trailer would have been welcome (including along the Texas/Mexico border) just in case they had to store it for any reason.  (Interpen members came from all over the USA.)

8.  In that late September trip, Hall and Howard stored their trailer at a garage in Texas, and went to pick up Lee Harvey Oswald.

9.  After Oswald failed to get his instant visa into Cuba from the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City, Hall and Howard drove Oswald to Texas, and picked up their trailer again. 

10.  The only reason that Loran Hall was arrested in Dallas was because he was wearing a beard, and he looked like a beatnik to the Puritan policemen of Dallas.

11.  Looking for pot, they searched Loran's glove compartment, and they found some bennies.  In those days, truck drivers regularly took bennies for cross-country hauls.   (Bennies are benzedrine pills, often prescribed by doctors for weight-loss in the 1960's).

12.  These were called "drugs" by the DPD cops -- and the contents of the trailer were suspect, too.   So Loran Hall was hauled to jail.  

13.  Loran Hall called General Walker of the Dallas JBS for help.  (The contents of the trailer were, after all, JBS supplies.)

14.  Walker sent attorney Robert Morris to the rescue.  Because Robert Morris had a lot of political clout, he did not bail out Loran Hall, but got him a full release from the Dallas authorities -- on the condition that Hall had 24 hours to get out of Dallas.

15.  After the release, Hall and Seymour followed Robert Morris and Warren Reynolds to the home of General Walker.

16.  They visited with General Walker.  Loran Hall later reported that Reynolds and Walker appeared to him to be in a Gay relationship.

17.  Around that time there was a JBS meeting in Dallas which Loran Hall attended -- where he was offered $50K to kill JFK.  He turned it down flat, he said.  Lester Logue shut down that conversation right quick -- said Loran Hall.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2017 at 3:53 PM, Ernie Lazar said:

...has claimed to have reviewed all of Walker's personal papers archived at the University of Texas (Austin)  Briscoe Center for American History BUT Paul has never identified EVEN ONE reference to ANYTHING in those Walker papers concerning Harry Dean, Guy Galbadon, or any JBS plot.  

In addition, the "Finding Aid" to Walker's papers contains no relevant references. I posted the Finding Aid on Internet Archive website:  https://archive.org/details/FindingAidWalkerPapers

Ernie,

Your objections are valid -- but I have explanations.

1.  I am confident that Walker's personal papers were "sanitized" before they were submitted to the University.

2.  The so-called "Finding Aid" to Walker's papers at UT Austin is virtually useless -- it has hardly begun to catalog the 90 boxes of material they have.  I was unable to use it to locate ANYTHING of value.

3.  I pursued my examination of all 90 boxes of Walker's papers entirely ALONE, and I found over 1,000 items of value, which I shared with Gary Mack of the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas (about one year before he died).

4.  I'm only one guy.  The only other person to widely examine Walker's personal papers at UT Austin, that I know, was Jeff Caufield.  

5.  Further, Jeff Caufield has toured the USA and knows of other caches of Walker papers at other Universites -- which I have not seen.

6.  Investigation into General Walker has HARDLY BEGUN.   It will catch fire after 10/26/2017, I predict, after the JFK Records Act finally reveals that General Walker and the US Radical Right killed JFK.

7.  At that point, I predict, Harry Dean's account of the JFK assassination would be largely vindicated -- and Harry will become a national celebrity.   Time will tell.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

17 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

Your objections are valid -- but I have explanations.

1.  I am confident that Walker's personal papers were "sanitized" before they were submitted to the University.

2.  The so-called "Finding Aid" to Walker's papers at UT Austin is virtually useless -- it has hardly begun to catalog the 90 boxes of material they have.  I was unable to use it to locate ANYTHING of value.

3.  I pursued my examination of all 90 boxes of Walker's papers entirely ALONE, and I found over 1,000 items of value, which I shared with Gary Mack of the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas (about one year before he died).

4.  I'm only one guy.  The only other person to widely examine Walker's personal papers at UT Austin, that I know, was Jeff Caufield.  

5.  Further, Jeff Caufield has toured the USA and knows of other caches of Walker papers at other Universites -- which I have not seen.

6.  Investigation into General Walker has HARDLY BEGUN.   It will catch fire after 10/26/2017, I predict, after the JFK Records Act finally reveals that General Walker and the US Radical Right killed JFK.

7.  At that point, I predict, Harry Dean's account of the JFK assassination would be largely vindicated -- and Harry will become a national celebrity.   Time will tell.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

(1) The burden of proof ALWAYS is the responsibility of the person(s) who are making an argument or making an assertion.

(2)  If they cannot provide compelling primary source documentation or corroboration -- then it is manifestly nothing more than (at best) gossip or rumor or speculation or anecdotal, i.e. "an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay."