The Education Forum

What's the deal with Michael Baden???

13 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

In any case, I maintain that Baden knew very well that the JFK exhibit was upside down, and he rightly guessed that the court would NOT know that the exhibit was upside down.  In that way, Baden could argue -- with full awareness -- a misleading case.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I suspect you're wrong about this one. Baden testified before the HSCA. He was their expert, testifying off a script prepared in league with their counsel. His testimony was mostly in support of the Clark Panel. Baden, along with most of the members of his panel, were colleagues of the members of that panel. His testimony regarding the so-called mystery photo, however, made no sense when the photo is interpreted in the manner of the Clark Panel and the HSCA Panel. He was obviously confused. Years later, he was asked again about this photo by former Ed Forum moderator Barb Junk. He admitted he had difficulties orienting the photo.

To me, it's clear he couldn't orient the photo, and did the best he could, only to unwittingly suggest the top of the head was intact and the side was missing--which was contradicted by his other exhibits.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's if you believe his excuse.  Professionals should be polite about such matters, I suppose.  After all, he did say, "Oops".

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

18 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

That's if you believe his excuse.  Professionals should be polite about such matters, I suppose.  After all, he did say, "Oops".

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

To my knowledge, Baden has never acknowledged making a mistake in his HSCA testimony. He most certainly has never offered up an excuse for testifying with an exhibit upside down.  This was something I discovered, and brought to the attention of the research community, including some who remain friends with Baden. Apparently, he has no response.

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

To my knowledge, Baden has never acknowledged making a mistake in his HSCA testimony. He most certainly has never offered up an excuse for testifying with an exhibit upside down.  This was something I discovered, and brought to the attention of the research community, including some who remain friends with Baden. Apparently, he has no response.

Pat,

Yes, that was my original impression after I visited your website at www.patspeer.com.

IMHO it is unlikely that Baden accidentally presented his case with his exhibit upside down, because the very position of the exhibit (1) obscured the opposition; and (2) helped him make his LNer case.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo