The Education Forum

MX: Phase 1 - a car (a plot) / Phase 2 - a bus (LNer) Two great lies

I finally found the CBS footage showing Cronkite saying "Lee Henry Oswald". It's at the 25:35 mark in my video linked below, and it occurred on Monday, November 25th (after JFK's funeral)....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTwSedFirxtSHBDTmU1eldNNU0/view

Edited by David Von Pein

1 minute ago, David Von Pein said:

I finally found the CBS footage showing Cronkite saying "Lee Henry Oswald". It's at the 25:40 mark in this video, and it was on Monday, Nov. 25th (after JFK's funeral)....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTwSedFirxtSHBDTmU1eldNNU0/view

Thanks Dave....

What significance do you attach to this - if any?

21 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Thanks Dave....

What significance do you attach to this - if any?

Absolutely none (of course). Cronkite merely got LHO's middle name wrong in that one instance on 11/25/63. And, as I previously said in July 2016, Walter messed up LHO's name on other occasions that weekend too---first calling him "Leo H. Oswald", and one other time calling him "Lee Harvey Osburn". So, should I now attach some kind of conspiratorial "significance" to those two other incorrect monikers too (Leo and Osburn)? And should I also think there was something fishy about the fact that KRLD reporter Bob Huffaker kept calling Oswald "Lee HAROLD Oswald" on November 24th? (Huffaker, btw, said he got the "Harold" name from Glen King of the Dallas Police Department.)

Edited by David Von Pein

2 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Absolutely none (of course). Cronkite merely got LHO's middle name wrong in that one instance on 11/25/63. And, as I said previously, Walter messed up LHO's name on other occasions that weekend too---first calling him "Leo H. Oswald"; and one other time calling him "Lee Harvey Osburn". So, should I now attach some kind of conspiratorial "significance" of some kind to those two other incorrect monikers too (Leo and Osburn)?

Of course not....  I can chalk it up to a simple mistake as well....    and a mighty coincidence that this 201 file would be opened with HENRY and used to describe the Mr. Oswald in the cables.

We do agree though that Angleton and Egerter could have had a reason for entering HENRY on the 201...
I also understand that most 201 files have a secret counterpart which contains files not allowed in the "public" one...  "Public" to other CIA personnel that is.
https://books.google.com/books?id=j7iN57YRRBIC&pg=PA244&lpg=PA244&dq=agee+201+files&source=bl&ots=sn734I4CI9&sig=aui7MYRtIYMo7a8E8qhsmIQ13Sw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiO1JSm0enXAhUhqlQKHWoUAbkQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q=agee 201 files&f=false

5a21ba01f3d25_PhilipAgeeon201files.thumb.jpg.664a837b5e297a6f1633121dc8bc3913.jpg

News tended to get fact-checked...  So I do find it somewhat strange....  the word "Henry" appears on his cards or prompter?  IDK

Yes, people make mistakes....  people also plan covert assassination...

David J.,

All of the various botched versions of Lee Harvey Oswald's name that we heard coming out of the mouths of different reporters during the weekend of JFK's assassination—which included, btw, ALL THREE of LHO's names (his first, middle, and last), and not just his middle name—can, in my opinion, be categorized as plain ordinary non-sinister errors.

And you'll notice that each time somebody got LHO's name wrong, they managed to get the first letter correct in the botched version of his name, e.g., Leo H. Oswald and Lee Henry Oswald and Lee Harold Oswald and Lee Harvey Osburn. So each reporter seemed to know the correct three initials (L, H, and O), but at various times just couldn't recall the exact name.

Edited by David Von Pein

On 9/19/2017 at 3:12 PM, Mathias Baumann said:

Hello Michael,

if you compare the backgrounds of both Oswald and Gilberto Lopez you'll find striking similarities:

Sandy,

yes, I think that is possible, at least in the case of Lopez:

"Like Oswald, Lopez was also of interest to Naval Intelligence. Also similar to Oswald, Gilberto Lopez made a mysterious trip to Mexico City in the fall of 1963, attempting to get to Cuba. Lopez even used the same border crossing as Oswald, and government reports say both went by car, though neither man owned a car. Like Oswald, Lopez had recently separated from his wife and had gotten into a fist-fight in the summer of 1963 over supposedly pro-Castro sympathies.

Declassified Warren Commission and CIA documents confirm that Lopez, whose movements parallel Oswald in so many ways in 1963, was on a secret "mission" for the US involving Cuba, an "operation" so secret that the CIA felt that protecting it was considered more important than thoroughly investigating the JFK assassination. Our high Florida law-enforcement source confirmed that Lopez was an asset for another agency, though he did not say whether Lopez was a "witting" or "unwitting" asset)."

--> Ultimate Sacrifice, page 305

"Oswald was linked to Lopez via Informant reports of a visit by Oswald to Tampa and someone with its small Fair Play for Cuba Committe chapter, the same Group Lopez visited on November 17,1963, the day before JFK's Tampa trip."

--> page 307

Mr. Josephs,

I was mistaken. It had been a couple of months and my memory is somewhat akin to swiss cheese, so please excuse my error. This is the reference that I had recalled, which you had nothing to do with. I want to know if we can find more info on Lopez's movements in the months leading to the assassination. Maybe not as well guarded?