The Education Forum

Cleburnite Shaw closes book on mysterious JFK-era figure

• By Pete Kendall/reporter@trcle.com

• Jun 20, 2011
  •  

https://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/archives/cleburnite-shaw-closes-book-on-mysterious-jfk-era-figure/article_a798542b-0289-50fc-8470-76dfb6c6d8b9.html?fbclid=IwAR2jndwHVZwiNZYGjWfiaNO4yLxuNUrQXlHxF-WmkVEYm8eM2VGv80T8QgY

[Note: it takes a minute or two for the article to  be pulled up]

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I did a lot of work on this with some help from Greg Parker.

I am convinced that Ruby deliberately arranged the money transfer that morning so he could be at Western Union.

The feds harassed Carlin and her hubby Bruce to go along with the whole charade so it would not look that way.

I don't know what Gary means when he says that you could ask for a format WU and then fill it in and have it done the next day.  The money transfer was time stamped.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happily surprised by what I stumbled across tonight.  I've wanted to read Gary Shaw/Larry Harris book Cover-Up: The Governmental Conspiracy To Conceal The Facts About The Public Execution Of John Kennedy for several years.  But it's $843.00 on amazon.  I think an original run of 3000 copies may have been it.  Wondered why no more if it's become that valuable.  

https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Up-Governmental-Conspiracy-Execution-1992-05-01/dp/B01JXTTQZ8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=gary+shaw+cover+up&qid=1556330496&s=books&sr=1-1-spell

The third of the three reviews provides a link to read it on line.

http://whokilledjfk.net/coverup.htm

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'm happily surprised by what I stumbled across tonight.  I've wanted to read Gary Shaw/Larry Harris book Cover-Up: The Governmental Conspiracy To Conceal The Facts About The Public Execution Of John Kennedy for several years.  But it's $843.00 on amazon.  I think an original run of 3000 copies may have been it.  Wondered why no more if it's become that valuable.  

https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Up-Governmental-Conspiracy-Execution-1992-05-01/dp/B01JXTTQZ8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=gary+shaw+cover+up&qid=1556330496&s=books&sr=1-1-spell

It was noted elsewhere this came out in 1976, when the Church committee was just getting started, before the HSCA.

Looking for the above I came across this from 1992.  Memoriam for Bud Fensterwald.  Bill Kelly/John Judge article.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/A Disk/Assassination Information Center/Item 05.pdf

On 4/17/2019 at 2:41 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

• By Pete Kendall/reporter@trcle.com

• Jun 20, 2011
  •  

https://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/archives/cleburnite-shaw-closes-book-on-mysterious-jfk-era-figure/article_a798542b-0289-50fc-8470-76dfb6c6d8b9.html?fbclid=IwAR2jndwHVZwiNZYGjWfiaNO4yLxuNUrQXlHxF-WmkVEYm8eM2VGv80T8QgY

[Note: it takes a minute or two for the article to  be pulled up]

This brief interview of J. Gary Shaw is interesting.

Nov 20, 2015 - One man who can cut through the confusion is Gary Shaw, a pioneering ... Was this the tipping point in our distrust of government and its institutions? ... His book Cover Up is one of the preeminent works on the subject.

14 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

This brief interview of J. Gary Shaw is interesting.

Nov 20, 2015 - One man who can cut through the confusion is Gary Shaw, a pioneering ... Was this the tipping point in our distrust of government and its institutions? ... His book Cover Up is one of the preeminent works on the subject.

Great interview.  Thanks for posting it Joe.  Shaw does get to the heart of multiple matters, but most important, the most important matter, who could have covered it up all these years?

On 4/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, Ron Bulman said:

The link is not the book per se.  None of the pictures mentioned.  It also seems to cut in and out at places randomly.  E.G. Jackie's Warren COmission testimony, "at the point she was about to describe her husband's fatal head wound...…………….nothing.  Skips to different subject.

However there is interesting info in there.  Keep in mind that Shaw had been to the clubs in Dallas as a young man and did personal interviews after the assassination.

I never knew all of this.  Jack Lawrence, the questionable car salesman, frequented the Carousel per the Babushka lady according to Shaw.  He was a close friend of Ruby's roommate George Senator.  He was a known ardent right wing speaker from LA.  As I've read before and has been debated he was supposedly an "expert Airforce marxman".  He left the borrowed car parked behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll.  I'd read he left it just "downtown", stalled in traffic, and walked to work from it, muddy, sick enough to throw up.  A suspicious co worker called the DPD, he was taken in, released, and left town the next day.  

On 4/29/2019 at 10:02 PM, Ron Bulman said:

The link is not the book per se.  None of the pictures mentioned.  It also seems to cut in and out at places randomly.  E.G. Jackie's Warren COmission testimony, "at the point she was about to describe her husband's fatal head wound...…………….nothing.  Skips to different subject.

However there is interesting info in there.  Keep in mind that Shaw had been to the clubs in Dallas as a young man and did personal interviews after the assassination.

I never knew all of this.  Jack Lawrence, the questionable car salesman, frequented the Carousel per the Babushka lady according to Shaw.  He was a close friend of Ruby's roommate George Senator.  He was a known ardent right wing speaker from LA.  As I've read before and has been debated he was supposedly an "expert Airforce marxman".  He left the borrowed car parked behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll.  I'd read he left it just "downtown", stalled in traffic, and walked to work from it, muddy, sick enough to throw up.  A suspicious co worker called the DPD, he was taken in, released, and left town the next day.  

I also never made the connection regarding Downtown Lincoln Mercury where Lawrence worked, briefly.  That's the dealership where Oswald, who didn't drive, took a test drive with salesman Albert Bogard, exceeding the speed limit on Stemmons freeway.  Told Bogard he'd be coming into money in 2-3 weeks, the credit manager that if he couldn't get a loan he might go back to Russia.  Bogard passed a polygraph (fwiw) and co workers confirmed his story.  If I remember right I think I've read Lawrence provided false references on his job application regarding experience as a car salesman in (?) New Orleans, and, that he only worked at the dealership a short time before the assassination.  This has been discussed on some forum before in detail.  I remember information about the owners of the dealership being discussed.

Here we go.

Edited by Ron Bulman

"Bogard was found dead in his car in a cemetery in Hallsville Louisiana on February 14 1966.  A hose had been connected to the exhaust and the other end in the car with windows up; it was ruled a suicide."   I guess he killed himself over a broken heart on valentines day.    

• 9 months later...

I guess I was about the only one interested in this thread. I'm bumping it for the link to Gary Shaw's book Cover Up which I never did read.

In just the first 2-3 pages he's talking about a new investigation in Dallas that should not include DA Henry Wade or Assistant DA Bill Alexander, "(a close friend of Jack Ruby)".

Wade I understand.  He and LBJ corresponded since at least March 2, 1950.  "I really enjoyed seeing both of you while I was in Washington, and appreciate very much the invitation to your cocktail party, which was very successful."  Copies of 14 of these letters going through 11/64 between them in the back of a book I don't agree with, Betrayal in Dallas by Mark North.  LBJ addressed Wade as Hank.  Wade fawned over LBJ.

While I think I remember Alexander being antagonistic, I don't remember the part about him being a close friend of Ruby.  Worth digging into/reading further. 

On 2/28/2020 at 10:17 PM, Ron Bulman said:

CREEP... quasi-investigation... Attorney General Kliendeinist assured us that the entire matter had been investigated with the thoroughness of the Warren Commission (!).  

"thoroughness of the Warren Commission."  Shouldn't that be listed in the dictionary as an example of "Oxymoron"?