The Education Forum

Gerry P. Hemming

Is this person named Paul Helliwell?

Gerry,

This is definitely "light weight" compared to John's question, but here goes: Regarding your encounter with LHO outside the Cuban consul's home in Monterey Park, Calif (according to the March 4, 2005 newspaper article written by Mssrs Gratz and Howell and viewable, courtesy of John Simkin, at http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhemming.htm ), I understand that LHO "took off" too fast (for lack of a better phrase) for you "to get the license plate." I'm just wondering, was LHO driving or was he a passenger? If he was a passenger, any idea who the "getaway driver" was?

Thanks, Thomas

P.S. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one person who had 90% of the real facts assembled in a rational form, died during 1974. His death seemingly opened the door, for the then DCI Bill Colby, to terminate Angleton. However, Colby had made a gross mistake, in thinking that this "Possessor-of-Family-Jewels" was JJA's ONLY "Ace-in-the-Hole" !! Which was the genuine reason that Angleton remained active at his office for the next several months.

This "Person", has only been mentioned by name once, during the last 40+ years !! However, and due to the "infamous character" of the writer, said reference was totally ignored. TOO BAD FOLKS, you've NOT been played ["Like-a-Violin"] by professionals -- you played yourselves, ab initio, into a ridiculous and seemingly endless, quandry.

---------------------------------

The last time I gave a "NEW" name to this forum, he was denounced as a xxxx, possible accomplice in the JFK murder, etc., and etc., ad nauseum. I would expect that this person's name would be JOYFULLY EXCEPTED by some of the scribblers on this forum, as he fits ALL profiles -- and therefore may be safely accused of everything, or nothing !!

Helliwell was a "chairborne-flunky-in-the-field"; which was just a continuation of his bullxxxx activities in China with OSS Detachment #202 -- which "Kow-towed" to Chiang Kai...er "Chunk-a-xxxx" -- as General "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell called him.

"90%er" was a foreigner who rarely traveled to the U.S.; but did have his proteges inside ALL aspects of CIA activities, especially the Clandestine Service. One of his proteges served as the "cut-out" who delivered ALL of the spy stories claimed [plagiarized] by Ian Fleming. The Brit ["John LeCarre"] also got quite a bit of the "Smiley" tales from the "90%er" !!

He had guysliving for weeks at a time at RFK's "Hickory Hill" [all foreign born], and they were instrumental in convincing JFK/RFK to reorganize the Navy "Frogmen" [u.D.T.] into the USN "SEALS". The last of the younger ones came to the Honduras "Contra" operation with the Argentine miltary "advisors" -- as these guys had maintained permanent status within the Argentine military since post-WWII !!

I have queried some of the foremost experts on these matters, and they too are completely in the dark.

I await some more "innocuos" letters, FAXes, e-mails, UPS & FedX deliveries this week. It seems that I should have paid more attention to some of the seemingly oblique references which were then made by JJA during the 1970s; but at that time I was thoroughly disinterested in the subject matter.

That all changed when WerBell took it upon himself to charge into operations where he had no expertise whatsover, and this was ignored, because by then Lou Conein was at the top of the heap. Bob Brown [sOF/Mag] had long before given up on WerBell's bullxxxx, and wasn't anxious to be around any of his Ops, but did give us an assist on the 1974 Honduras, etc. Op.

I am NOT about to have somebody's family name pilloried, that is until I find what I am looking for. "90%er" is already "Infamous" -- and maybe somebody here [or out in the "Pro" community] will connect some dots ??!!

GPH

Gerry,

This is definitely "light weight" compared to John's question, but here goes: Regarding your encounter with LHO outside the Cuban consul's home in Monterey Park, Calif (according to the March 4, 2005 newspaper article written by Mssrs Gratz and Howell and viewable, courtesy of John Simkin, at http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhemming.htm ), I understand that LHO "took off" too fast (for lack of a better phrase) for you "to get the license plate." I'm just wondering, was LHO driving or was he a passenger? If he was a passenger, any idea who the "getaway driver" was?

Thanks, Thomas

P.S. Keep up the good work!

----------------------------

So that you don't have to "wade through" the muck & mire of Khazar Weberman's "NoduRhoids", I will give a short response.

Contained in the still retained CIA "00" Cuba debriefs, is the complete story of the LHO encounters in Monterey Park, Cuba [non-encounters], etc. !! Also included in those late 1960 reports were the names of all personnel at both the Cuban Embassy, and the adjoining Consulate; including that of Silvia Duran, "cut-out" contacts with the Sandinistas, et al. !!

LHO "took-off" walking [downhill] towards Atlantic Blvd. the first time. After his second visit, I asked a barber friend [with a shop on Atlantic Blvd.] to use my binoculars to spot LHO and any accomplices when I called him from the Cuban (M.P.) Consulate. He later gave me [not over the tapped telephone] a complete description of a UC type vehicle [sedan] -- with radio antennas, and government license plates on both the front and rear -- as is required by California DMV regulations.

GPH

Dear Mr. Hemming,

Sorry to see your old friend hitting on hard times. Not to change the subject, [it's really the same subject]. Rumsfeld muses, "What electrode would Jesus use?" Some of us are concerned about how one human treats another. Some of us are also concerned about justice - to know the why, and the "WHO." Pinochet is a monster and an international criminal. Those who helped him rise to power should IMHO, be tried with him. You know what the D.A. says about criminals, "If you can't get them for one crime, you can get them for another." I'm sure you get my drift.

http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4297919&nav=1LFX

http://www.trentu.ca/~mneumann/pinochet.html

Your truly,

Hanoi Jane B)

The last time I gave a "NEW" name to this forum, he was denounced as a xxxx, possible accomplice in the JFK murder, etc., and etc., ad nauseum. I would expect that this person's name would be JOYFULLY EXCEPTED by some of the scribblers on this forum, as he fits ALL profiles -- and therefore may be safely accused of everything, or nothing !!

Helliwell was a "chairborne-flunky-in-the-field"; which was just a continuation of his bullxxxx activities in China with OSS Detachment #202 -- which "Kow-towed" to Chiang Kai...er "Chunk-a-xxxx" -- as General "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell called him.

I suppose that is a no. I have posted what I know about Helliwell. Maybe you might want to comment on this thread.

http://www.namebase.org/main3/Paul-Lionel-...-Helliwell.html

In case you missed it I will repeat an earlier posting:

I have a link from my page on you to this thread. However, I suspect my readers will be very confused by this debate about your knowledge of the JFK assassination. It seems that you have been misquoted or misunderstood in the past. I think it would be a good idea to clear-up this confusion. I have therefore started a new thread for you. Maybe, you could state clearly and concisely what you know about the assassination of JFK. Maybe you could also post a timeline of your life (what you were doing and when you were doing it). I would then use this information to correct my web page on you.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhemming.htm

If you did this you would provide a good response to those who have argued that you have confused people on purpose.

You might also wish to use this new thread to put forward your own theory of the assassination.

The new thread can be found here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5751

Gerry, could you tell us anything about the White Hand group?

--------------------------

John:

I have just about finished gathering up the relevant material pertaining to "our" efforts at derailing

ALL of the "White Hand/Death Squad" activities involving 1970s Guatemala, El Salvador, etc. operations

headed up by Mario Sandoval Alarcon, Oliverio Castaneda Paiz, et al. !! "Our" efforts at stopping the mass murders, kidnappings, etc. began during the early 1960s, and continued throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

Angleton was kept "aware" of progress and shortfalls, and he always insisted that these matters took precedence over any of the Cuban operations. JJA indeed saved thousands of lives over the years, and the

few perpetrators who have survived have come to know his name quite well !! He was an implacable enemy

of those barbarians, and the facts of his having created numerous organizations [including CISPES] during the late 1970s, might be told more sooner than later.

I have been asking Tosh Plumlee questions by email (and on this Forum) for a couple of years. He has always reacted like a man who is telling the truth. Therefore I consider him a reliable witness.
Please, Pray Tell, give me ONE specific clue as to what a truthful reaction "Sounds Like" ??!!

I was surprised to find John's assertion, quoted by Hemming, missing from the original post with no sign of it having been edited.

T.C.

I was surprised to find John's assertion, quoted by Hemming, missing from the original post with no sign of it having been edited.

I believe I can help. John posted essentially the same post in two different threads. The "missing" assertion quoted by Hemming is not in this thread, but in the almost identical post that is found in the thread "William 'Tosh' Plumlee: The Value of Inside Sources."

I believe I can help. John posted essentially the same post in two different threads. The "missing" assertion quoted by Hemming is not in this thread, but in the almost identical post that is found in the thread "William 'Tosh' Plumlee: The Value of Inside Sources."

That's the explanation. Thanks Ron. I knew that I had read the same post, and with Hemming citing that same quote, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't included in the text here.

T.C.

I would just say to all in defense of Plumlee - while some details of his story may remain outstanding as unproven or as yet unprovable, his general tale of what he did with his life from the 50's throught Iran-Contra times is generally believable and in many ways documented or in other ways can be demonstrated. I would suggest Gerry that you stick to telling your story and Plumlee stick to his and the two of you not try [for whatever reasons] to smear excrement on each other.

I would prefer not to be in the middle of an ugly squabble either, but the smearing of excrement as been predominantly a one-sided affair. Hemming's aggression has gone unchecked, the consequence of which is that he determines what can be discussed here and deliberately attempts to make this forum too unpleasant for Tosh's participation. That result is a negative for the members. Peter Lemkin's support for Tosh's credibility should be given great weight.

T.C.

Gerry, could you tell us anything about the White Hand group?

The "White Hand" Society of organized crime came about as a "counter" to the "Black Hand" society which was intimidating the Italian immigrants and was the same group responsible for the early day hangings in New Orleans.

Richard "Dick" Cain, of the Chicago division of organized crime was the grandson of Ole Scully who was an important member of the White Hand Society, and was gunned down after having identified a member of the Capone association (Angelo Pettiti) as having been responsible for the kidnapping of the son of a prosperous Italian.

Dick Cain disappeared from the Chicago area and reportedly was associated with the Bay of Pigs episode.

After which, he returned to Chicago and became the Chief Investigator for the Cook County, Ill Sheriff's Department.

Ultimately, due to his underworld activities, he was later convicted and sent to federal prison in Texarkana for four years.

There are many "White Hand" groups.

Tom

------------------------------

First: Here is just a little touch of what Mellen, and the entire group of "gullible-groupies" is SOON to encounter with reference to the entire "Garrison Investigation?" !!

This will further explain a bit of the "WHY" -- Harold Weisberg went against Garrison (and Oliver Stone, et al.) -- even after he had been the singular source/impetus behind "Big Jim's" leap for glory !!

WHAT do you suppose that Roy Hargraves, Dick Whatley, and "QJ/WIN" were doing in Baton Rouge from late 1966, and through June of 1967. And why, on the "Set" -- and while we were filming "JFK" in the New Orleans area; did we instruct Perry Russo NOT to show familiarity with Hargraves ??

More importantly, Perry Russo was instructed to:

NEVER DISCUSS HOW HE HAD BEEN SET UP AS A STALKING HORSE, TO TAKE DOWN BOTH MARCELLO AND GARRISON; AND ONE OF THOSE ELEMENTS WHICH WAS TASKED INCLUDED HARGRAVES, ET AL. -- WITH AN ASSIST BY GRADY PARTIN, WALTER SHERIDAN, ET AL!!

Garrison was HAD!! You all have been HAD. "Pervert" Garrison was out to "blow" critical national security intelligence for his personal gain, the interests of organized crime, and specific hostile intelligence agencies !! [This time, Garrison was attempting much more than "blowing" little boys]

As anticipated, this corrupt New Orleans prosecutor of long ill repute, was given the opportunity to engage in criminal acts, trumped-up charges, and malicious prosecutions -- something both he and the City had been infamous for during more than five decades. Only this time he wasn't going to get away with "framing" and using the law to "roll" drunks and queers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Lamar Waldron? have made an erroneous reference on one page of a 900+ page book -- no big deal.

From Ultimate Sacrifice, p. 408: "A former anti-Castro activist, whose CIA and FBI files are extensive, claims that Bobby Kennedy actually met Johnny Rosselli on one occasion in Miami. The meeting occurred in '1962,' sometime 'before the Cuban Missile Crisis' of October 1962." Source: "Phone interview with Gerry Patrick Hemming, 4-10-96."

Since ALL but a few of my "sources" (Bay of Pigs Warriors) remained imprisoned as POWs on the Isle of Pines, Cuba -- why would I ever make any references to RFK's activities before the prisoner release of Christmas Eve, 1962 ?? I have spoken ONLY of two events with reference to "RFK 1962": And that is, "...Reboso was dating Jackie Kennedy's appointment secretary [Pamela Turner] whilst he was a guest at RFK's home ["Hickory Hill"] on Chain-Bridge Road, McLean, Virginia....and that we had provided photographs of Ms. J. Edgar Hoover's "Queer" partying to RFK, in order that he might counteract Hoover's attempts at blackmailing the Kennedys..."!!

Rosselli was NOT yet involved in any Cuba matters "..before the Cuban Missile Crisis..". And Brad Ayers does NOT indicate that Rosselli was present during the times that RFK visited either the Elliott Key training site, or the various safe-houses during 1963 !! [see: "The War that never Was", by Bradley Earle Ayers]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From A Farewell To Justice, p. 201: "Without corroboration, offering none, Hemming spins a story of Bobby choppering from Palm Beach to a training facility near Homestead Air Force base. There, Hemming imagines, Bobby met with Cubans, many of them Bay of Pigs veterans, who were part of his Special Group. According to Hemming, among the Cubans that day stood one Lee Harvey Oswald, even as independent corroboration does indeed place Oswald in Miami that summer of 1963." Source: "Interviews with Gerald Patrick Hemming, November 15, 2000; June 5, 2005."

I had NO personal contact, NOR telephonic interviews with Mellen between 2001 and June 27th, 2005.

Moreover, it was ONLY after we met in Coral Gables, that I was able to assure her that she would have at least one interview with a Cuban who had been part of "Bobby" Kennedy's Team during 1963 !!

The fact that Mellen NEVER takes notes is vividly demonstrated by her "FUBAR" footnotes, and confused prolix strewn throughout her "gullible-girly-groupie" pervert Garrison book? !! ANY references made to "HOMESTEAD GENERAL AVIATION (CIVILIAN) AIRPORT" and the "Isolation A & B sites" was intentionally made AFTER her initial interview with Angelo. I did NOT want her raising THAT subject matter with Angelo, otherwise -- he would have terminated said interview.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My records show that I made numerous calls to members of Gordon Winslow's "Master Researcher List"

during 1994, and ALL calls were made from my daughter's telephone in Fayetteville, NC.

In accordance with my studies of the law during 40+ years, I have strictly adhered to the practise of maintaining "Contemporaneous Records"; and this so as to insure their admissibility in any court of law within the United States. The other reason was to have accurate "time & charges" for reimbursement purposes.

Winslow's MR "Directory" was coded in a fashion where members might indicate the areas of research interest; and with coded numbers that traced to both individuals and subject matter.

I had made it a point to determine which researchers were interested in the subjects heading: "Gerry Patrick Hemming" and inter alai; "InterPen", "No Name Key", etc. !! Amongst those indicating interest in my activities were: Gooch, Sheldon Inkol, Lamar Waldron, et al.!!

I therefore, took the time to initiate calls to those parties of interest. I always prefaced my telephonic conversations by making reference to their membership and listing in Winslow's MR List [Directory].

Moreover, I explained that it would be more convenient to respond to ALL inquiries via the telephone, as I had absolutely no time to be engaged in written correspondence. I have made it a habit of not giving out my family members' telephone numbers while using same temporarily. Reimbursing telephone charges required record-keeping.

I advised all parties that even Winslow did not have my various telephone numbers, but that I did indeed check with him frequently. [punching "*72" would de-activate "Caller I.D." before all calls]

During late 1994 I was called to return to the Fort Lauderdale area to correct a "home purchase" fraud which had been perpetrated upon members of my family. The telephone at this residence [Riverland Road, Ft. Lauderdale] was never in my name. After my February 1996 heart attack, and after winning the fraud case in court; I was left with the house. My son had the telephone reinstated in his name.

[shortly thereafter, Roy Hargraves and family moved into the house, or lived in a Winnebago RV parked on the front lawn.]

During April, 1996 -- Gordon Winslow told me that A. J. Weberman had attempted to contact me. Winslow then gave me Weberman's NYC phone number.

Weeks later, Weberman arrived at the house, and proceeded to video-tape an interview with me.

Therefore, I believe that Lamar has mistakenly made reference to Weberman's "Nodules", or that video as "HIS" interview? during 1996. Other than the Weberman episode, I made NO other calls, nor received any -- from JFK researchers, or anybody else !!

Again, as for Mellen's "FUBAR footnoting?!" and "cites?" -- they are total fabrications, and/or outright lies !!

After Amaury Murgado called me the last week of May, 2005. I then called his father, and partially covered a few aspects of what previously had been "compartmented information" to. He requested that I go down to Miami ASAP for a visit.

A few days later I called Mellen at her "51" number, and she stupidly asked how had I obtained that phone number ??!! I reminded her that I had "Caller I.D." and that this was hooked up via special software to my computer. This had been made necessary when challenging the telephone company as to long distance billing. [since then, I have had "unlimited/free LD service"]

My records show the entirety of both mine, and Mellen's telephone calls. Had I not taken notes; I would now be left with only dates, length of call, times. ALL of these records are now being transferred to CD-ROMs, and will have accompanying affidavits attached thereto.

A few days later, I called Mellen again; and the subject of conversation [raised by her] was activities by RFK. Upon my referring her to Gus Russo's book "Sword", she scoffed and retorted that she would "never-read-anything-written" by that "CIA Stooge" !! I again referred her to those parts of "Sword" which made specific reference to RFK's activities with a limited group of Cuban exiles.

[Mellen had long before, strongly indicated that she was an "RFK HATER" !!]

Mellen said she would rather do interviews herself, and thus avoid "enmeshing" herself in Russo's "CIA propaganda"!! I then told her that I had recently spoken with one of Russo's "VIP subjects", but refused to give her a name. She then asked "how helpful" would any re-interview(s) be ? I told Mellen that one of the few remaining "RFK Cubans" might? be able to give some insight into what the Kennedys were "up-to" during 1963.

I told her that none of my sources would do telephonic interviews. I then told her that: Considering my health problems, it would be quite some time before I would be up to traveling down to Florida.

Mellen argued that: "...We can be a big part of history...if we can get any of the Cubans to go on the record about RFK.."!!

I explained that: My closest Cuban contact was like a brother to me, and of my other siblings, only Robert was closer. Mellen queried as to what he might say that was NOT included in Russo's book ??

I repeated to her that: I had "cut-off" Russo's interview when it inadvertently had shifted to the "Silvia Odio" matter. Moreover, that -- there was NO guarantee that this Cuban exile (or any other) would submit to any questioning about matters already covered in Russo's book !!

At NO TIME did I insure any new revelations regarding RFK, and especially with reference to the "Odio Matter". That any Cuban exile who had been close to RFK; might reveal a nexus between LHO and RFK, was preposterous on its face.

ALL INTERVIEWS (if there were any?) would be limited to anecdotal recollections of what RFK did, and/or said during those several months of 1963.

There followed a series of calls [by me] with reference to travel arrangements, up-front travel money,

and approximate dates and length of stay in Miami.

I later told Mellen that my son had intervened, and that he had "objected to" any air or train travel, and especially traveling alone.

Shortly thereafter, my son Felipe was "put-in-charge" of estimating vehicle rental, fuel and food expenditures -- and the amount of time he could be allowed away from his job as a Firefighter/-Paramedic in Charleston, SC !!

Within a week, I advised both Angelo and Amaury that me and my son expected to be in Miami during the last week of June, 2005. I made NO references about Ms. Mellen whatsoever, much less that there might be an interview involved during the visit !!

My son calculated a departure date of 23rd June, 2005, and everything relied upon Mellen supplying the funds for the trip, "Up-Front".

[My son never gave a thought to any remuneration for his participation. He had arranged for a brother Firefighter/Paramedic to "stand-by" for him during that week]

Our greatest worry was: We both might get stuck with some of the expenses for "Mellen's Adventure??!!".

[in the end -- the return trip cost us both a collective $500+, and this was due to Mellen's "short-changing" my son on the estimated costs, and all the while promising to "pay-up" later ?!]

I called Ed Sherry in West Palm Beach (only after Felipe received some money) and told him I would be passing through his neighborhood the weekend of June 25th. Ed called back to advise that he would try to put a "special" S.F.R.G. meeting together, and that members would be glad to see me again, after so many years of absence.

Finally, and to wrap this up, the facts are:

[1] Angelo and Amaury were not told of any interviews, nor that Mellen would be in town with us;

[2] Ed Sherry and the SFRG gathering were not told of why we were traveling through West Palm Beach to Miami;

[3] Howard Davis was not forewarned of our visit;

[4] We arrived at Angelo's residence late in the afternoon (June 26th), and discovered that Amaury had already headed north (with his wife) some 30 minutes previous. Angelo used Felipe's cell-phone to call him back to Miami;

[5] It wasn't until Amaury was there that I "broke-the-news" of an interview, and Angelo was somewhat chagrined -- while Amaury was all for finally hearing something of his father's past. However, his wife's prior doctor's appointment required that he leave that night, and return a day or so later;

[6] At the Coral Gables hotel the next morning, Mellen was told that ONE interview "was on", and that it would cover ONLY the RFK Cuban exile activities, and maybe a discussion of the"Silvia Odio Matter";

[7] I told Mellen that I would be urging other Cubans to submit to interviews, but that there was absolutely NO guarantee that they would agree to same;

[8] It was only at the latter stage of interviewing that I made reference to the "Isolation A & B Sites", and that there existed a slight possibility that RFK had been "seen" by LHO at either one, or both of said sites;

[9] I further indicated that there existed the possibility that RFK had ONLY remembered LHO's name from a previous dossier, that is: When he remonstrated more than once (during November 22nd thru 26th, 1963) to certain persons that "...One of your guys did it..."!!;

[10] Over the next two days, Mellen insisted upon getting interviews with other RFK Cubans, and showed NO interest in visiting the two RFK/CIA Sites; and,

[11] It was a week after my returning to NC that she said that she had been interested in visiting and viewing the sites. I reminded her once again that Chekika Park had been damaged by the Hurricane, and entry permission by the Park Ranger might have been denied. However, given that the Avocado Site was solid concrete (and abandoned) we could have had an interesting "inside" tour of the premises.

As for "mis-quotes/mis-statements" by hordes of scribblers over the last 40+ years, just go to "Google" for some hundreds of sterling examples !!

Chairs,

GPH

Gerry, did you contribute to the program "The Fifth Estate" produced by CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in 1977. Senior Producer was Ron Haggart and Research by Scott Malone.

In the documentary you are described as a "mercenary and double agent in pre-Castro days." You are then seen on camera saying the following:

I had been to the White House earlier that year [1963], in the East Wing where I had an interview with the military aide to the President, Gen. Clifton...I had [also] been to the Pentagon, State Department and what have you...in 1963...I dealt with very prominent people...there was constant comments about what to do as a solution to the Kennedy problem. [The talk was] .. 'why waste time and lives in Cuba when the real problem is in the White House?'.

Only one time was there money on the table. We got out of those other meetings gracefully without discussing money...just techniques.

The interviewer asked, "What techniques were discussed?" You replied:

Standard techniques, sniper techniques, bomb making, explosives, shooters...My name had been thrown into this... I was [a] prime shooter. My crew was the only capable team in the United States...This [involvement] was from day one...and it upset me to a great degree...Since then I made it a point to find out who did what and who didn't do what...I know personally of more than one group who took credit, collected money but ripped them off. They didn't do the job. It was just a stroke of luck for them.

Do you still stand by these comments?

• 4 months later...

According to Daniel Hopsicker's book, Barry and the Boys, Gerry Hemming was arrested on 23rd August, 1976, for the illegal transfer of a silencer, and drug smuggling. It seems that this was the point that Gerry began talking about his past work with the CIA. He told one reporter: "All of a sudden they're accusing me of conspiracy to import marijuana and cocaine. Hey, what about all the other things I've been into for the last 15 years, lets talk about them. Let's talk about the Martin Luther King thing, let's talk about Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia, the Mafia in bed with the FBI, and the goddamn CIA in bed with all of them. Let's talk about all the people I dirtied up for them over the years."

I expect the reference to Martin Luther King is the claim made by Gerry on this Forum about Robert Emmett Johnson being involved in the assassination. We know about the FBI and the CIA but can anyone explain the following: "Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia"?

I suspect that this was Gerry's way of persuading the officials to drop charges against him. Did it work or was he convicted?