The Education Forum

Gerry P. Hemming

According to Daniel Hopsicker's book, Barry and the Boys, Gerry Hemming was arrested on 23rd August, 1976, for the illegal transfer of a silencer, and drug smuggling. It seems that this was the point that Gerry began talking about his past work with the CIA. He told one reporter: "All of a sudden they're accusing me of conspiracy to import marijuana and cocaine. Hey, what about all the other things I've been into for the last 15 years, lets talk about them. Let's talk about the Martin Luther King thing, let's talk about Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia, the Mafia in bed with the FBI, and the goddamn CIA in bed with all of them. Let's talk about all the people I dirtied up for them over the years."

I expect the reference to Martin Luther King is the claim made by Gerry on this Forum about Robert Emmett Johnson being involved in the assassination. We know about the FBI and the CIA but can anyone explain the following: "Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia"?

I suspect that this was Gerry's way of persuading the officials to drop charges against him. Did it work or was he convicted?

Gerry P. Hemming was interviewed by Daniel Hopsicker for his book Barry and the Boys. It included the following attempt to defend his involvement in the drug trade:

First of all, we figure, who's using this dope? Leftists! This is not a fact that messes up my chess game. You cannot allow that kind of capability to remain freelance. There is too much money. Some tinhorn asshole can come in, take over, and end up ruling a subcontinent. We were always looking for signs of foreign intelligence and military penetration of the South American drug trade, signs of Soviet or Cuban presence.

In other words, Gerry helped U.S. government agencies working with gangsters to keep control of the drug trade.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Daniel Hopsicker's book, Barry and the Boys, Gerry Hemming was arrested on 23rd August, 1976, for the illegal transfer of a silencer, and drug smuggling. It seems that this was the point that Gerry began talking about his past work with the CIA. He told one reporter: "All of a sudden they're accusing me of conspiracy to import marijuana and cocaine. Hey, what about all the other things I've been into for the last 15 years, lets talk about them. Let's talk about the Martin Luther King thing, let's talk about Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia, the Mafia in bed with the FBI, and the goddamn CIA in bed with all of them. Let's talk about all the people I dirtied up for them over the years."

I expect the reference to Martin Luther King is the claim made by Gerry on this Forum about Robert Emmett Johnson being involved in the assassination. We know about the FBI and the CIA but can anyone explain the following: "Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia"?

I suspect that this was Gerry's way of persuading the officials to drop charges against him. Did it work or was he convicted?

Gerry P. Hemming was interviewed by Daniel Hopsicker for his book Barry and the Boys. It included the following attempt to defend his involvement in the drug trade:

First of all, we figure, who's using this dope? Leftists! This is not a fact that messes up my chess game. You cannot allow that kind of capability to remain freelance. There is too much money. Some tinhorn asshole can come in, take over, and end up ruling a subcontinent. We were always looking for signs of foreign intelligence and military penetration of the South American drug trade, signs of Soviet or Cuban presence.

In other words, Gerry helped U.S. government agencies working with gangsters to keep control of the drug trade.

"In other words, Gerry helped U.S. government agencies working with gangsters to keep control of the drug trade."

Does that surprize you? Not me. Especially coming from a guy who could've saved Che Guevara, but chose to let him die, instead. And for what, so that his mafioso/MIC connected bosses could have free rein over the drug lanes of South America? Better us than the commies, right? Real cute, and real stupid. Look at what your enabling has wrought upon those generations directly following your American Coup d'etat, Hemming. Are you happy now that you've finally brought the plebes to their knees, and totally wiped out the brains of an otherwise promising future group of people of color? Not to mention a modicum of your white-collar, cocaine addicted, up-and-coming CEO's, typical of the kind you see in the Executive Office today. To quote a line from The Band's, "Unfaithful Servant."

"Unfaithful servant, you don't have to say you're sorry.

If you did it just for the price, or did it just for the glory."

Barry Seal used the same tactic but he ended up dead. However, Gerry has been allowed to continue with making his claims about covert operations.

There are probably two main reasons for this.

(1) Several times Gerry has been asked on the Forum why he has not written his memoirs. He has always refused to answer this question. Maybe he already has and it will only be published if anything happened to him.

(2) Just before his death Barry Seal was asked by his close friend, Rene Martin, if he feared being killed by the Ochoa family, the Colombians he was working for (Seal had made it clear that as a result of an IRS investigation that he was willing to name names). Barry Seal replied that he was not afraid of the Colombians because he had told Ochoa he intended to testify against the US government. This is supported by Lewis Unglesby, Seal’s lawyer. He confirmed that the man Seal was going to testify against was George H. W. Bush.

Yet a group of Colombians were arrested and convicted of killing Barry Seal. Richard Sharpstein, the lawyer of Miguel Velez, one of the men convicted of the killing, claims that his client told him that the man who arranged the killing was Oliver North.

Especially coming from a guy who could've saved Che Guevara, but chose to let him die, instead

Hi Terry,

Can you elaborate on this. Do you mean Hemming in particular or just his kind in general?

John

"Hi Terry,

Can you elaborate on this. Do you mean Hemming in particular or just his kind in general?

John"

From Post #'s 77 and 79

--------------------------

"Ms. Mauro:

I served with the man in Cuba. When I suggested [during 1959 in Havana] that he take up where he left off as a youngster [in Argentina] flying motorless gliders -- he went after flying like a demon possessed.

In very short order he had over 100 hours in a friend's [an instructor] single engine airplane. A couple of times, after watching us parachute from C-47s, he said: "...Don't ever expect me to do that stuff...flying is enough thrills for me..!!" I told him that Cmdte. [Major] Rene de los Santos was already flying left-seat in a twin engine Cessna 310; and that if he didn't get with it -- Rene was going to fill his pilot's log book up before he was even "checked-out" in a light twin.

After searching for Cmdte. Camilo Cienfuegos for 16 days, and discovering that he had been shot down by accident near San Jose del Lago, Las Villas Province -- we switched to doing some "water" parachute jumps

right in front of the Rosita de Hornedo Hotel, Miramar, Havana -- and I didn't see "Che for some weeks.

During January 1960, he arrived [with Aleda March] at my Air Base in western Pinar del Rio Province. We had no radio in the control tower, so I didn't know it was him arriving.

He popped out of the Cessna 310 [light-twin] and said someting which I couldn't make out. He always spoke in such a low voice, I would have to lean down close to listen. He repeated: "...Vos lo ves [you notice] that I am in the "left-seat" and driving this very fast and nice airplane..?" "..I have over 35 hours in the pilot seat recored in my log book already.." I almost told him he was now ready for parachute instruction, but thought better of it, and kept on talking about navigation, etc. !

He arranged for me to train the Sandinista guerrillas at my San Julian Air Base. He honored my request for reinforcements, because we had been attacked twice just after Christmas [Navidades - Noche Buena].

He got me released from La Cabana Fortress after having been arrested by limp-wristed secret police punks.

I left Cuba for Mexico enroute to fight against the Nicaraguan dictator Somoza during October 1960.

Upon learning that the Cuban authorities had jailed my close friend Cmdte. William Alexander Morgan, I opted to go north to the states on a gun-running mission -- expecting that once inside the U.S. -- I might get support enough to save William's life. Amongst those efforts was a sit-down with the famous liberal labor leader Harry Bridges [san Pedro - Los Angeles - December 1960] Harry Bridges promised to have his friends in the Latino labor movement inquire into the situation. Everything failed, and Morgan was executed on March 11th, 1961 !!

Skipping ahead to 1966. I was tasked by JJA's CI division to go to Ascension Island [british owned] and there prepare for an operation to kidnap "Che" [alive] from the Baraka, Congo [Leopoldville] area where he and many Cubans were advising the Simba rebels. However "Che" had already crossed over Lake Tanganyika and was on his way to Prague. We went back to the States [CONUS] just after July 4th, 1966.

While signing up for service in Vietnam with USAID/Public Safety -- I was once again approached to go to do the "Che" Op -- this time to Bolivia, so as to "snatch" Guevara out of there "ALIVE", or provide an aircraft for him to fly out so that we might intercept him in Uruguay, his 1st choice as "Safe-Haven".

I turned it down, and as you know, Felix and Gus tried to do that mission, but Banzer gave orders to Gary Prado to execute him. ["Code-Word 500"]

I feel today that had I gone, the outcome most likely would have resulted in his death anyway !!

Just by his diaries -- you can plainly see that this warrior never told a lie in his entire life !! He is missed terribly !! R.I.P.

I don't expert that everybody [including you] has the time to bone-up on these things. It is much easier for me [stressful also] because I was there, and I "walked-the-walk" !!

Regards,

GPH"

--------------------------

"We sent a "Big Gringo" to fire an M-2 Carbine [more than a couple times] right next door to his first safe-house. When that didn't clue him in that his operation had been blown, we started the finger pointing about his guys being Cocaine lab operators. Nothing worked. He was burnt out from Africa, and Mario Monje [under Moscow orders] was sabotaging his every move -- because he was a Maoist, but more so, because they didn't go for the guerrilla campaign stuff.

Monje practically hand delivered Intel to the CIA Cuban Dep/Chief of Station. NSA was intercepting all of the radio messages [burst transmitters] to the Rio Platte trawlers. Even THEY were trying to get him to get out of Dodge.

When he changed the pre-planned AOR [Area of Operations] -- from the more hospitable Alto Beni Plateau, and instead went down to the semi-desert Nuncahuazo/Vallegrande locale, he was a dead man.

He didn't do a proper "Country Area Study", and had his guys learn Quechua, when 99% of the indigenous indians there speak Guarani and Aymara. Beards are unknown to the locals, and these foreign "invaders"scared the xxxx out of them

I turned it down because while in D.C. I had a relapse of my Dengue Fever. Then came the finger pointing by Garrison --whilst he tried to save Marcello's little ass from RFK's "Sheridan Squad". I had family, and I was getting tired of the LBJ "Texican" horse-xxxx approach to everything.

It took Gus a lot longer getting over the La Higuera scene, because he also had fought Batista. Felix, because his family was Prio rooted, mistakenly took to the opposite, trophy boasting.

Moreover, the Batistiano coward-ass bastards had the D.C. REMF pogue's ears while whining about all of the executions done by Herman at La Cabana -- despite the fact that "Che" was absent and doing the "Bank" thing -- and duties as G-3 ["Operations & Training" for the General Staff - Fuerzas Armadas Revolutionarias]

Get-over-IT !! [i haven't]

GPH"

In my opinion, he could have done alot more for Guevara, instead of leaving him to hang out and dry in Bolivia, regardless of how prepared, or apparently unprepared Guevara was for this operation. The reference to "cocaine labs", even if just in passing, leaves me wondering what exactly Hemming's ties to drug trafficking were. Especially after reading Simkins' Post # 184:

"According to Daniel Hopsicker's book, Barry and the Boys, Gerry Hemming was arrested on 23rd August, 1976, for the illegal transfer of a silencer, and drug smuggling. It seems that this was the point that Gerry began talking about his past work with the CIA. He told one reporter: "All of a sudden they're accusing me of conspiracy to import marijuana and cocaine. Hey, what about all the other things I've been into for the last 15 years, lets talk about them. Let's talk about the Martin Luther King thing, let's talk about Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the Mafia, the Mafia in bed with the FBI, and the goddamn CIA in bed with all of them. Let's talk about all the people I dirtied up for them over the years.""

In other words, did Hemming help pave the way for illegal drug trafficking into the United States? Did his presence in South America have more to do with setting up something like Operation Watchtower in the 1970's and 80's? What about his statement: "While signing up for service in Vietnam with USAID/Public Safety -- I was once again approached to go to do the "Che" Op -- this time to Bolivia, so as to "snatch" Guevara out of there "ALIVE"," This leaves me skeptical as to what his true mission in Vietnam really entailed. Possibly setting up another drug lane for China White [heroin] to enter into the United States?

I'm sure he was busy trying to support and raise a family back here, but at what price? This is by no means a Grand Inquisition of Mr. Hemming, mind you. I'm merely trying to establish what his true motives may have been as a mercenary, and for whom he was really working.

Edited by Terry Mauro

The quote from the Hopsicker book was actually lifted from A.J. Weberman's site, wherein Gerry goes into much greater detail about his brinksmanship with the US Government case against him, in which Gerry prevailed, as I recall. [Though he did do prison time in the 1980s, I think that was on later charges.] Here is the entire entry, from AJW's Nodule 21, pertinent to the above:

HEMMING'S ARRESTS: JULY 1976

HEMMING was indicated for conspiracy to import marijuana and cocaine in July 1976. On August 23, 1976, when he appeared at the marijuana smuggling trial of Mitch Werbell, HEMMING was arrested. [uSDC Miami 76-71-Cr-CA] His codefendants were Benjamin Franklin Thomas, Joseph Thomas Oliveti and Jacob Cochran. In October 1976 the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms charged HEMMING with the illegal transfer of a silencer. Assistant United States Attorney Robert Rust, HEMMING'S former attorney, handled the prosecution.

HEMMING told this researcher: "I was sitting in a bar drinking a beer listening to two Drug Enforcement Administration agents talk to someone who was trying to sell them a pre-World II airplane. The guy who set me up, Thomas Benton, [a friend of HEMMING'S sister-in-law] had been popped in the Bahamas. I did the guy a favor by running the plane up every weekend to keep the engines in shape. He wants my brother to get his car and transfer an item from one trunk to another. At another meeting they showed me a bankbook with a $600,000 balance."

HEMMING'S codefendant, Joseph Olivetti, was an associate of Thomas Holt. Joseph Olivetti was murdered by his brother. HEMMING represented himself at his trial. HEMMING'S trial was severed from that of his codefendants. Before going to trial, HEMMING filed a Motion for Favorable Evidence, alleging that certain Warren Commission documents would vindicate him: "Copies of all files both classified an unclassified now held in the National Archives, Washington, D.C. included within those documents known as the Warren Commission Report on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy, especially documents 759 through and including 784."

HEMMING told this researcher: "Why do I want the Warren Commission stuff? I'll explain why I want it in open Court. That's what they're gonna find out. All of a sudden they're accusing me of conspiracy to import marijuana and cocaine. Hey, what about all the other things I've been into for the last 15 years, let's talk about them. Let's talk about the Martin Luther King thing, let's talk about Don Freed, Le Coubre, n-killers in bed with the mafia, and the mafia in bed with the FBI, and the goddamn CIA in bed with all of them. Let's talk about all the people I dirtied up for them over the years. They say I'm crazy for defending myself, xxxx, I ain't even sure of that anymore when I hang around with people like you, ajweberman.

"If I represent myself I got me a long opening argument and a long summation. A lawyer wouldn't go near it. Then, spontaneously, I may erupt into something akin to measles. They don't know if your bluffing or what the story is. Well, they would never be allowed to know. Bob Rust, the U.S. Attorney here was defending our xxxxing boys back in 1963. He knows me better. The big thing is not who did what, but how many goddamned people could be doing it this week again in collusion with the FBI, in collusion with the CIA? These are federal agents who are paid to advise Secret Service, they are paid to do their job in the country and instead they got into bed with n-killers, they got into bed with Jew killers, they got into bed with the Heinrich Himmler cocksuckers, and that ain't done in this country. They've been doing it for too goddamn long and a fagot like J. Edgar Hoover let them get away with that xxxx. A.J. you write a book like Coup and Jesus Christ, everybody's saying you are telling these people you are after them. Them guys don't give a xxxx -they're pros - they ain't gonna get caught. You gotta take out their colleagues, you got to expose the goddamn system that allows guys like that to get away with it. I can get on the goddamn phone and have six contracts out in 15 minutes on Jesus Christ himself. Right now. Cause its out there. This country is run like a goddamned Banana Republic. "

HEMMING 1994: "What's the secret hand behind this bullxxxx? Is someone trying to put us under pressure so we'll spill the beans on these Kennedy dicksuckers? Have we been targeted because we're nasty motherxxxxers and probably had something to do with killing him? They were purging the cowboys." A DEA agent who worked for the CIA filled out an Outside Activity Approval Request on January 7, 1977:

"I was advised by my supervisor that she had been telephonically contacted by a Mr. Fredricks of the DEA in Miami and told that DEA wants me to travel to Miami to attend a pre-trial conference on Monday January 10, 1977, in order to prepare for possible appearance as a witness for the DEA against GERALD PATRICK HEMMING...In engaging in requested activity, I will make no reference to, or discuss, my CIA assignments or duties. I (will, will not) be identified as employed by CIA for the following reasons: I was a CIA employee from January 1969 to May 1974 prior to transferring to the DEA. I was under cover at that time. I have not yet been put under cover ever since my new FOD (January 3, 1977) (Deleted) Security approval has been granted for the activity contemplated by this request. Robert L. Morris Jr. Chief, Security Support Division."

On January 19, 1977, the CIA generated this Routing Slip: "To: OS/OSB 4E-27, AC/SSD. C/SSD From LA/SEC. For your retention or passage to anyone in the Office of Security who might have an interest in attachment." [FOIA #81-0351 D0538]

On January 24, 1977, DC/SSD sent an Official CIA Routing Slip to C/OSB and to Lynch file. "Remarks: Please note page 6 on ex-CIA types now with DEA 0- is (Deleted) one of the guys we talked to on Lou Conein? Who is (Deleted) soon to return to us??"

On January 26, 1977, a Official CIA Routing Slip was sent to C/ OSB, DC/SSD, C/SA6 Reardon. From (Deleted). "(Deleted) File was reviewed. No indication he was ever interviewed concerning Lou Conein. 2. There is record of a (Deleted) as only employer. (Deleted) is referred to in cables from Vietnam in the file of (Deleted) was employed by Computer Science Corp. In 1971 assigned as a military regional analyst in Vietnam for A.I.D. project. Cables dealt with smuggling activities of (Deleted). Bruce FYI'"

GREYMAIL AND NT/STRONGBOX

HEMMING attempted to greymail the government into dropping the conspiracy charges against him. When Lucian Conein had a heart attack, HEMMING visited him in the V.A. hospital, and asked him if he was burning Mitch Werbell. HEMMING said Lucian Conein had no knowledge of his indictment. HEMMING prepared a document in which he called himself NT/STRONGBOX and gave it to Lucian Conein at the airport. HEMMING used comical cryptonyms in this report. STURGIS was QM/TURGID, MARTINO was QM/RAFT (he looked like George Raft), Zimeri was QJ/ZIPPER and was described as "a senior government and paramilitary assassin in Guatemala and El Salvador." HEMMING offered to furnish a list of people involved in the Kennedy assassination. I was a conduit for HEMMING'S greymail. HEMMING leaked information that was transmitted to Gaeton Fonzi. Then the CIA would get HSCA requests on Subjects such as DAVID CHRIST. When HEMMING obtained his Freedom of Information / Privacy Act CIA file it contained several chapters from Coup D'Etat In America. The CIA commented: "That there was a book excerpt in HEMMING'S file is not surprising. There are thousands of newspaper clippings from hundreds of papers in our files as well...neither would there necessarily be a memo regarding the insertion of any information in a file. There would also be no official CIA reaction to your book. The CIA neither confirms nor denies the accuracy of anything stated in such publications." [CIA ltr. Gene Wilson to ajweberman 7.8.77] HEMMING: "The agency take you seriously? You couldn't find your ass with both hands! You're not at the top of the list of threats to these people. I think you're the only comedy in their lives."

Thanks for that Robert. It seems Hemming was convicted by a Miami jury of conspiracy to import marijuana. In 1978 he was sentenced to six months in prison by U.S. District Judge William M. Hoeveler. Hemming was released on appeal bond and the conviction was later overturned.

Does anyone know if Hemming was convicted of any other crimes.

Bobby Seal was arrested and charged several times and yet only spent one day in an American prison. (Although he did spend nine months in a Honduras prison before being released without charge).

On 8th October, 1998, the inspector general of the CIA, Frederick Hitz, report into the Iran-Contra scandal was declassified. The report identified 50 contras implicated in the drug trade. Hitz's report detailed how the Reagan administration protected these drug operations and frustrated federal investigations which threatened to expose the crimes in the mid-1980s. Hitz also published evidence that drug trafficking and money laundering tracked into Reagan's National Security Council where Oliver North oversaw contra operations. Hitz admitted that the CIA along with Reagan/Bush protected these drug dealers.

The report was ignored by the US media. Interestingly, Clinton, who at the time was in serious trouble with Monica Lewinsky story, made no attempt to force the media into dealing with this issue. There is a reason for this, Clinton was closely associated with the Barry Seal case. They shared the same lawyer and Seal's drug operation was based in Arkansas. According to the Daily Telegraph (a British newspaper) the US media engaged in the "active suppression of the news to protect either Clinton or the CIA or both."

I suspect Clinton was being blackmailed into not drawing attention to the Hitz report. I suspect the CIA did what they did to Nixon. Admit to the minor charge and we will keep quiet about the serious crimes. Unlike Nixon, Clinton survived impeachment.

Excellent posts RObert and John. I did not know the stuff about Hemming. And the last sentence made me smile- yes comedy is in all liklihood exactly what Hemming suppied.

The Clinton stuff I had strongly suspected. Having read Terry Reed and John Cummings' "Compromised", it's been long clear to me that Clinton- as much as I do like the guy- is as tied into all this drug corruption as is the Bush family. But I agree with Hillary that there was a vast right wing conspiracy out to get him BUT they were not gonna go near any real dirt as it would track directly back to THEM so they went with Monica in a very similar to Watergate fashion. To his credit - and to Congress' as well- Clinton did not get impeached for lying about matters which he should have not had to even testify about. Ken Star is the real porn king here: just read the damn rerport. It's outright embarrasing in it's salacious details. What a waste of money and time.

Tho I was really stunned by Clinton's Mena connection, so now it's no surprise to see him running around with George the first. Just disappointing. The guy does care about people and got a lot accomplished. Too bad he had to come up the political ladder by aiding in the cocaine trade.

Dawn

Thanks for that Robert. It seems Hemming was convicted by a Miami jury of conspiracy to import marijuana. In 1978 he was sentenced to six months in prison by U.S. District Judge William M. Hoeveler. Hemming was released on appeal bond and the conviction was later overturned.

Does anyone know if Hemming was convicted of any other crimes.

Yes.

Continuing from Weberman's Nodule 21:

HEMMING'S SECOND ARREST APRIL 1980

In April 1980 a mechanic working on HEMMING'S plane noticed a cargo of marijuana and Quaaludes aboard. On April 14, 1980, HEMMING was arrested and charged with drug trafficking. He was held on $200,000 bond in Palm Beach County. He claimed that he had not smuggled Quaaludes, but was establishing his bona fides with drug traffickers so he could penetrate their networks. HEMMING told this researcher: "The cops would have let me go if I gave them the load, but I couldn't let the ludes hit the streets. I was working for the xxxxing Drug Enforcement Administration/FBI South Florida Task Force through Werbell who worked for Lucian Conein. The Task Force wanted to come forward, but I didn't want them to. I wanted it dropped real quietly. Czukas got involved. He puts two and two together after talking to my two guys. He figures one of them was my co-pilot. He drives them to Palm Beach and presents them to the State's Attorney. Now they can prove the case because they have the guy who was in the plane with me who they didn't have before." It was suggested to HEMMING that the purpose of his smuggling activity was to become rich by using his infiltration and exfiltration skills. HEMMING told this researcher: "You do it better than they do. They can't even keep a straight face when they're doing it." HEMMING expected the case to be transferred to Federal Court because the crime involved smuggling. HEMMING was convicted on drug charges. He was sentenced to 35 years in prison with a minimum mandatory sentence of three years.

HEMMING: PRISON 1981 TO 1989

HEMMING told this researcher: "I spent eight years on the chain gang with serial killers. They shipped me out of Avon Park Air Force Base to 'the rock,' the main housing unit modeled after the same plans as Alcatraz, built in 1917. Shipped there to die, it's a death camp. Lot of killings, lot of blood. This is the South, man. I lived with multiple killers. Two months after I was there, guards were being killed. You go to sleep and close your xxxxing eyes and you're wondering if you're gonna wake. You always have that in the back of your mind. I was assigned to the Fire Department in 1988 and lived outside prison walls." When the CIA released OSWALD'S pre-assassination file in 1993, it included an article about HEMMING. In 1982 HEMMING was transferred to the Avon Park Correctional Institution. In 1987 HEMMING was at Raiford: "As you may note from my return address, I am assigned to the UCI Fire Department which means I live outside the prison walls, right next door." HEMMING was involved in the production of the movie, JFK. Then he was a consultant to Conner Air, a small cargo airline in Fort Lauderdale that was at odds with the DEA. [Miami New Times 6.30.93] After the owner of the airline, Gus Conner, died of a heart attack, HEMMING lost his position there. HEMMING had a mild heart attack in February 1996.

Thank you for this. I suppose you know that there is a Gerry Hemming connection with Canada. In fact, Canada plays a large role in CIA-Mob wrongdoing. Gerry once said: "Montreal was a safe place. When somebody said hey, lets sit down, talk business, its Montreal where they did it. It's all part of the game. When for example, in a deal, they send the guy to Montreal, its because that's where the money is."

• 5 months later...
Has anyone bothered to ask the loquacious Gerry Patrick Hemming about this new video evidence? After all, he claims to have been working (along with his brother and a niece, I believe) for the LAPD from 1967-70! Indeed, he was also supposed to have been one of the first officers to arrive at the house of Sirhan Sirhan's mother the morning after. (...How strange was that? BTW, I understand that GPH was also employed as a Popemobile driver in St. Peters Square in Rome in 1981, and visited Mehmet Ali Hagca in his jail cell the day after Pope John Paul II got whacked...)

So since GPH was "in LA" that week, did he happen to see any of these former fellow Miamians hanging around? Presumably he would have known them, back at JM/WAVE or before or after? Does he recognize Shane's pictures of them, or of any of their compadres? And, heck, while we're asking, where was GPH hanging out that evening?

Again, Shane's delivered is a "good start," sorta like 200,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean. Now let's get back to work.

I will ask Shane if he interviewed Gerry. Maybe Gerry would like to comment himself on this thread.

I doubt that Hemming is gonna post here anymore; at least that was the gist of a email he sent me several months back, in reply to a question or two I had regarding Montreal. If Gerry Hemming does comment here, I'll be very surprised.

I doubt that Hemming is gonna post here anymore; at least that was the gist of a email he sent me several months back, in reply to a question or two I had regarding Montreal. If Gerry Hemming does comment here, I'll be very surprised.

Add a concurrence to the above.

And although I personally feel that Gerry could still add much to the subject matter, from similar email correspondence, it would appear most unlikely that he will be "baited" back to share his knowledge.

Which by the way is easily understandable, and were it not for a few who post as well as observe here who are honestly attempting to unravel this mess, the remainder could continue to remain lost in their frequently silly conspiracy theories.

After all, it has only been some 40+years, and most are still chasing myths and smoke!

But then again, it mostly boils down to whether one can or can not call another as being completely ignorant of the actual facts without having to place the frequently abused term MF after the word ignorant/igornant/or whatever one choses to utilize.

• 5 months later...

Gerry, is Dennis Lynn Harber still alive? Was there anything suspicious about the deaths of Edwin Anderson Collins (1964), James Arthur Lewis (1970) and Steve Wilson (1984). Is it possible that these four men could have been involved in the assassination of JFK?

---------------------------------

John:

The only word I've heard on Harber is that he died in Merida, Mexico years ago.

Edwin Anderson Collins was murdered by Castro "fellow-travelers" upon their discovery of his identity, and just a few weeks after he was tasked to penetrate their "protest march" from Canada, down the east coast, and on to Havana, and GITMO. Steve Wilson and I identified his body at the Medical Examiner's morgue, and when I questioned an assistant there as to the severe lacerations, cuts and bruises on Eddy's face and scalp -- he responded that:

"...This was most likely due to crabs and other critters munching on the corpse post-mortem !!"

Upon my questioning exactly how a corpse [in salt water] might continue to bleed, acquire bruises, and suffer contusions and edema after only 8 hours +/-

in Biscayne Bay [400 yards off the docks of Dinner Key & City Hall] -- police detectives Tony Fontana and Bill Cloy charged into the room demanding to know our purposes.

Eddy Collins was one of our best swimmers, as evidenced when he was blown overboard [sans UDT the same life jacket he is pictured wearing in the No Name Key pix] -- along with Dickey Chappelle, Hargraves, and Felipe Vidal on a Cuba run during early 1964.

Wilson and I tracked down the now hiding boat crew a few days later, and with less than Abu-Ghraib measures, thoroughly "interviewed" them.

Their "official" story to the police was that Eddy was drunk and that he had dived overboard to recover a dinghy which had cast adrift that night. Despite witnesses ashore reporting screams beforehand -- they had insisted that had he uttered one sound they could have turned the boat around, located and recovered him. [they admitted to the police that they had motored to the dock, and "immediately" called the police??] The live-aboard boaters and shrimpers who already knew Eddy over the years, wondered about the great discrepancies in timing, especially the police report [initial call] showing that this was made some 45 minutes after the boaters heard the screams and turned on their searchlights [evidenced in their official log books]. They had asked the "hippies" what was going on only 5 minutes after the screams, and just after the "protestor" boat was being tied to the dock.

Eddy Collins had been recruited by FBI agents [MIA/FO], and John Evans of the "Johns Committee" (Red-Squad) in Tallahassee -- to assist in monitoring the "peace marchers". The "Mounties" [R.C.M.P.] had inserted two assets into the group in Canada, and one of these had operated together with one of our guys, who, the year previous, had worked a joint CSS/RCMP/FBI operation involving Nicaraguans, Cubans, and other foreign nationals embarking on a mission to attend training camps inside Cuba.

This operation was assisted by Col. Arturo Espaillat, Robert Emmett Johnson, and leaders of the right-wing "R'assemblent Nationale" (FRN); who were battling with the Marxist FLQ in Montreal [Front D'Liberation Quebeqous].

However, our guy had suffered blown cover via a Johnson screwup, wasn't interested in the Op, and recommended Eddy in his stead.

Jim Lewis, upon his return from Vietnam during 1970, and while working in Miami with CIA contract agent Tom McCrory (a certified Marine Surveyor), took an interest in yet another treasure trove opportunity -- and it was to be the last of a half dozen well paying previous hunts.

Steve Wilson had been working a couple of months [as an Ironworker] on the Key West desalination plant project, after returning from similar work on the missile silos at Fargo. [because of our security clearances, quite a few of the InterPen "Ironworkers", had first worked on the "Hawk-4B" AAA sites around Miami before "booming out" to Malmstrom, Fargo, etc.]

Wilson found a buddy in a union carpenter by the name of Roger Clark whilst laboring in Key West. He was totally unaware of the fact that Clark had been the erstwhile partner-in-crime with "Murph-the-Surf" [NYC "Star of India" burglary]; and cooperated with Clark in fencing "treasure-trove" gold bars and pancakes which Clark had accidently found near the Florida coast -- "somewhere" in 10 fathoms [2 atmospheres] of gulf waters. The fence was "Kaki" Argomaniz [Honduran Consul General], who was a CIA asset working under Cesar Diosdado, and his boss Wallace D. Shanley -- Miami Customs bossman.

With $40,000 RVN earned money in the bank, Jim Lewis purchased a Beckmann Electro-Lung from California [a rebreather/helium/oxy/nitro SCUBA which required no decompression stops ascending after lengthy dives] -- paid the fee for a company instructor to check him out off Fowery Rocks before the sale could be made -- and behind both mine and Wilson's backs, joined with "Skinny Ralph" Sclafter on a series of dives.

Jim deduced that one of the promising sites might be near Egmont Key, off the entrance to Tampa Bay. His fatal mistake was diving solo [a real "No-No"], leaving "Skinny" in the boat as diver/tender. A SEAL team buddy from 'Nam showed up the day after he went missing [trip paid for by his wealthy Republican mother in California]; and we searched for the body for two days.

Later that week I had a violent disagreement with said SEAL, who suggested that "moi" should have been supervising the scheme more closely -- whereupon "moi" explained that Jim and "Skinny" were "Claim-Jumping" us all.

Weeks later, one of our previous pro bono attorneys [John Bircher]; who had since been appointed U.S. Attorney for the So. Dist. of Florida; was astounded when we confronted him with evidence that he had been in collusion with IRS/CIA/FBI "pogues" in reporting that the treasure trove was actually goods stolen from a private collection, whose owner was extremely reluctant to report same. Clark had supposedly died while driving off of a Key's bridge, [bNR] "Body-Not-Recovered"; however, the IRS was caught jack-hammering the concrete floors of Clark's father's house/Florida Room/Garage without a warrant.

The day of the JFK assassination, Jim Lewis was [as usual] playing Chess at "Little Joe's" apartment by the Miami River -- together with Eddy Collins, "Skinny", Dick Whatley, Bobby Willis, and Bill Dempsey. When Garman started dancing in the street soon after hearing the news from Dallas, Jim chastized him severely [along with Cuban pissed-off neighbors]; He reminded him that just four days before; he had been a member of our security detail for JFK at MIA [Monday, 18th Nov.], and that he had been prepared to "take-a-bullet" for the President !!

Bill Dempsey wasn't on that detail because he was once again in-country illegally; however Whatley had been at MIA with us also.

[Whatley and Lewis didn't accompany us on the Rorke/Sullivan search because they had just returned from British Honduras [belize], and were persona-non-grata there. We had just returned from Guatemala the first week of November 1963]

Dennis Harber came into contact with us because he was a cut-out for ex-Colombia dictator Rojas Pinilla, who, despite our refusing cash donations, insisted on providing emergency housing and credit at grocery stores for the Sturgis "Op-40" group which I inherited post BOP. Ex-Venezuela dictator Perez Jimenez [Marita Lorenz's sugar-daddy] agreed to the same conditions through 1963. Harber was a drunk and homo, thereby precluding even playing a patsy role in any serious scheme, and was excluded from Collins' "peacenik" Op, despite having worked on the "Pirate Radio" Op just weeks before his death.

Steve Wilson died of a cerebral aneurism, as an Ironworker, high above the Miami skyline -- "connecting" up on the "red-iron".

Once again, the innuendo of the InterPen guys being involved somehow in Dealey Plaza. "Dame" Hoover must be grinning right now, despite the severe heat !!

You alleged that I will "...no doubt take (secrets??) to the grave !! And that "...out of loyalty" will protect comrades who have vital information.

Kindly cite any evidence that I have "secrets" that ALL [or specific] private citizens have a right to !!

And per chance you might mention the names of "comrades" who I might be "protecting".

Bernie de Torres' name came from me, and the first time was not with Garrison during 1967, but in a Sunday briefing I gave at Koger Center DEA HQ to Gene Propper, Larry Barcella, Carter Kornick, et al. -- and that was with reference to the perpetrators of the Letelier assassination on "Embassy Row" two months previous. John Cummings [then of NewsDay, NYC] was there on "deep background" at my insistence, and to date has never uttered a word about it.

Cummings was later amused that I had brought Bernie as far as the ATF parking lot across the street, when he bailed-out and ran for a public phone, and called Janet Reno at home to report "some difficulties" !! One of the folks at that briefing later married into my wife's family, something he is still unaware of today. In Gene's book "Labrynth", he styles Bernie as "TB", Fonzi calls him "Carlos".

"Faces-in-Dealey Plaza"; "along-the-parade-route"; "doggie without an umbrella man"; Jesus H. Christ, gimme-a-break and get a life. Massive "Kazakh" conspiracies by the "se-cretin' team" [mucho secretions !!]!!

I can still hear in my head the German speaking voice on the tape at MI/HQ in Central America -- the beaner Colonel asking the interpreter what the dude was laughing about ?? And the words in Spanish "...este asesino dice que nunca fue un nido de franco tirador en el rinconcito...pero esta fue el lugar donde los prietos (negros) se escondio' para ver las fotografias de mujeres desnudas mientras que jugaban la paja" !!

[Translated: This assassin says that there was never a snipers nest in the corner, but that it was a hideout for the "Schwarzes"; where they jerked off while looking at "dirty pictures" (paraphrasing).] This is the guy with the suppressed broom-handle mauser [with wooden shoulder-stock/holster and artillery barrel] whose role I played for Oliver Stone in the movie.

A quikie for the Lieutenant. Yes we screwed up regularly, we used Ron Lippert (Jones), the same way we used Everett Jackson during 1967. We inserted radiological badge film strips in their gear, and this was recovered by assets working out of the Uruguay embassy in Havana. And because of moles that Angleton missed, DGI later mocked them all [including Frank Emmick, et al.] while they did their 10 and 12 years in Fidel's Gulags.

I already had been bitched at by J. A. for some of this, but countered with the SCOTUS rulings on the "law-of-entrapment" -- if one is PREDISPOSED to act in accordance with a scheme beforehand, then there is no entrapment !! Ron was determined to be predisposed by RCMP, Johnson, Espaillat, et al. !! I feel for his daughter's health maladies, and maybe he is right. But it was one of his "Canuck" buddies who smuggled the "Newcastle" vectors into Cuba, forcing Fidel to slaughter all poultry. I raised hell about the African Swine Fever Operation, and gave Cummings the inside track on that.

Just 6 years ago, I raised hell with a buddy in Miami about the crop-duster ferry pilot who was spotted "dusting" a Cuban experimental farm with nasty ass beetkles -- while enroute to Aruba via Jamaica. My Miami guy's sister was Madeline Albright's right-hand person. How the hell could "Clintonites" give a State Dept. contract to a cohort of Mas Canosa ??

Fidel's got 5000+ doctors and nurses in Venezuela. And what have we got, other than money grubbin clowns who can't even pull off a "banana-coup" !!

I am awaiting Arlen Specter [gettin' closer to eternity he is] to switch from denouncing a great paratroopin' Hugo Chavez, and denounce the embargo against Cuba as a "War Crime". [A theoretically/lawful state of belligerency has existed with the U.S. since BOP !!]

Howz dat grabya,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I hope you are doing well.

I wrote you a personal e-mail with some questions about a musical tour bus "Hollywood Hootenanny Tour" which I am still researching and finding strange coincidences besides the fact that I had foreknowledge of the plot on JFK.

A Librarian and historian of Key west recently sent me info on where our main tour bus (there was more then One) when you were protecting JFK on the 18th in Miami.

His message was: "The Hollywood Hootenanny appeared for one night only at the Key West

Kennel Club on November 18, 1963. This was from an ad in the newspaper.

The one review I found liked you act. The Kennel Club was on Stock

Island which is between Key West and Boca Chica, where the Naval Air

Station is located and the cause of the planes flying over."

Does this info jog memories at all?

Thanks, Jim

• 3 months later...

I came across a document about Gerry Hemming that may prove interesting to John Simkin, given his interest in Irving Davidson.

The RIF number is 104-10216-10064

The document states, in part, "Gerald Patrick Hemming, when drunk, told AMTABBY-27 that Irving Davidson was his financial backer".

The document is dated August 23rd 1967.

I am having trouble attaching the file, so I will direct you to the file on the Mary Ferrell site. If you have a membership, you can look at the document.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=17306

John