The Education Forum

John J. McCloy

Interesting poster regarding McCloy and post-war Germany.

Lt Col. George Whitmeyer was a Cold Warrior in every sense of the word, ala Charles Willoughby

see namebase.org below

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb06?_WHITMEYER_GEORGE_

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb01?_WHITMEYER_GEORGE_

Then there is the issue of those Army Intelligence links as well, seemed to work with M.L.K. Jr.

I believe DPD's Joe Cody had a army intelligence link as well.

Robert

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lt Col. George Whitmeyer was a Cold Warrior in every sense of the word, ala Charles Willoughby

see namebase.org below

Then there is the issue of those Army Intelligence links as well, seemed to work with M.L.K. Jr.

Robert

Robert, thanks for posting that. Very interesting indeed.

I'm fascinated to learn what the connection between Whitmeyer and LHO could be. That's news to me. I haven't read 'High Treason'. Does anyone know?

Lumpkin is mentioned also. He was Army intel too, I think. I could be confusing him with another senior DPD cop---I'm not sure. However, Lumpkin made a few interesting comments on the police radio just before and after the motorcade, as I recall.

Could this be the jackpot thread?

Edited by Mark Stapleton

I believe DPD's Joe Cody had a army intelligence link as well. (Robert Howard)

Robert,

Cody was a very interesting character. He was an accomplished SCUBA diver and ran Aqualand in Dallas. Cody's skills in this area were utilized often by the DPD. He was disciplined on several occcasons for speaking out regarding DPD policy and was involved in an off duty shooting at an apartment complex he and his wife were managing.

Joe Cody was the son of A.B. Cody, the legendary Dallas Fire Chief.

FWIW.

Joe Cody below.

James

see namebase.org below

Robert

Wasn't Whitmeyer in charge of telling the rest of the Secret Service to stand down...the San Antonio contingent? Or am I mis-remembering this? Perhaps he was at the head of the motorcade??

Dawn

Any body connected to Army Intel would have a connection to John J. McCloy. General McCloy was over all of military intelligence during WWII and I believe over all of US Intelligence for years after (America's "C").

Perhaps more importantly for those of you that are processing these posts is to remember that I believe that the relationship between John J. McCloy and General Maxwell Taylor is a primary key to this topic as well. As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Taylor would be the "Big Fish" of military intelligence even if McCloy were not who I actually believe him to have been. Add to the menu Taylor's student and most reliable "right hand" man, Maj. Gen. Edwin Anderson Walker and the story adds additional meat for our table.

Jim Root

I believe that the relationship between John J. McCloy and General Maxwell Taylor is a primary key to this topic as well.

Well, there's no way to approach General Maxwell Taylor in context of Kennedy without tripping over the Special Group, and there's no way to trip over the Special Group without stumbling into a fairly low-key career CIA crud (but I repeat myself) named Thomas A. Parrott.

< :blink: Who?>

He was the butler. No, I'm sorry: he was the secretary. He was the secretary for the Special Group starting all the way back around February 1957, under Eisenhower, right up to at least October 1963—the very month before JFK was assassinated.

But to back up the truck a ways:

According to his testimony, Thomas A. Parrott joined the CIA in September of 1949, starting out in the Office of Policy Coordination (OPC), which Parrott himself describes as "a euphemism for, I guess, the Dirty Tricks Department." His first CIA gig was "as Deputy to [REDACTED] in charge of planning." (Parenthetically, the redacted part might or might not have been Directorate for Plans, whoever that might have been in 1949.)

Then around September 1950, Parrott became Chief of the Operations Staff of OPC through about the middle of 1952, when he became Deputy Director of the Soviet Division of CIA.

Around November 1954 Parrott got transferred to somewhere that is redacted in his Church Committee testimony. Well, curiously, in about November 1954, Tracy Barnes became head of CIA headquarters in Frankfurt. And among some of the more notorious CIA goons in Frankfurt at the time were William Harvey, Ted Shackley, David Morales—and one Tom Parrott. So much for redaction of Parrott's testimony.

(This ain't the butler.)

So then the next we know about Tommy boy is that sometime in 1957 he returns from "The Frankfurt Formerly Known As 'Redacted'" to the United States, and takes his place as "the so-called Board Assistant to Allen Dulles for the Operations Coordinating Board."

(No, this definitely is not the butler.)

So it is a sideline of his being assistant to CIA Director Allen Dulles that Parrott starts doing secretary duties for the Special Group.

Although the Special Group is a hit-and-miss proposition at the time, in early 1959 Eisenhower directs that it start meeting weekly. And the quiet little Parrott is perched there at every one of 'em. Right on through Kennedy's inauguration, right on through the Bay of Pigs fiasco, right on through the Cuban missle crisis—and all the while he is sitting there as old-school CIA.

He's there at meetings that include various combinations of Landsdale and McCone and Bissell and Taylor and Cabell and JFK and RFK.

In December 1962 he's there at the formation of the Special Group Augmented, formed to deal with Cuba, and becomes not only its secretary, but also the secretary of the Counterinsurgency Group, about which he says: "That got to be so much paperwork where I finally had to get an assistant and shed much of that because the MONGOOSE and Special Group then was fairly time-consuming. Also, at that point I had a number of other duties with General Maxwell Taylor in the White House, all involved with Intelligence. But this was just one of them." So was the inception of ZR/RIFLE.

If anybody in the world was in a better position than Thomas A. Parrott to have almost completely unencumbered access to the top policies and covert activities of the most powerful nation on the face of the earth at the time, or to the secrets of the Kennedy administration, and if anybody in the world was in a better position to broker information in any direction, I sure would like to know who it might have been.

And when and where do we next hear the name "Parrott"?

Only in one of the strangest, most surreal events that can be pointed to in the infinitely surreal aftermath of the murder of John F. Kennedy:

It is 1:45 p.m. on the afternoon of 22 November 1963. The President of the United States has just been shot only minutes before. The telephone at the FBI office in Dallas rings. On the line, calling long distance from Tyler, Texas is Mr. George H. W. Bush, President of the Zapata Off-shore Drilling Company of Houston, Texas.

Citizen Bush has rushed to a telephone to place into the record "hearsay that he recalled hearing in recent weeks, the day and source unknown. He stated that one JAMES PARROTT has been talking of killing the President when he comes to Houston [sic]."

• "Two little Parrotts sitting in a Bush,
    And what the hell are you going to rhyme with 'Bush'?"

Ashton Gray

Edited by Ashton Gray

Any body connected to Army Intel would have a connection to John J. McCloy. General McCloy was over all of military intelligence during WWII and I believe over all of US Intelligence for years after (America's "C").

Perhaps more importantly for those of you that are processing these posts is to remember that I believe that the relationship between John J. McCloy and General Maxwell Taylor is a primary key to this topic as well. As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Taylor would be the "Big Fish" of military intelligence even if McCloy were not who I actually believe him to have been. Add to the menu Taylor's student and most reliable "right hand" man, Maj. Gen. Edwin Anderson Walker and the story adds additional meat for our table.

Jim Root

Jim, I'm not really sure what you're getting at here---except for reiterating your idea that Taylor, McCloy and Walker were central players in the conspiracy.

Anyhow, the theory would also neatly explain why Army codebreaker Eugene Dinkin was abruptly incarcerated by Army officials after discovering details of the plot some nine days before it occured. That should also be put on the menu.

see namebase.org below

Robert

Wasn't Whitmeyer in charge of telling the rest of the Secret Service to stand down...the San Antonio contingent? Or am I mis-remembering this? Perhaps he was at the head of the motorcade??

Dawn

Dawn,

I'm not sure about the San Antonio part, but Whitmeyer was a last minute addition to the motorcade as a passenger in the pilot car--which piloted the motorcade through its tortuous journey into the DP shooting gallery.

Your post raises the interesting question of who, in fact, was telling the Secret Service what to do in Dallas that day. They behaved as if their authority had been supplanted by persons unknown, a higher authority, causing them to discard many of the regulation protection protocols. They seemed to be acting under direct orders not to protect JFK. Why else would Henry Rybka have been strangely dropped off at Love Field?

Who would have the authority to supplant the Secret Service as JFK's guardian?

And when and where do we next hear the name "Parrott"?

Only in one of the strangest, most surreal events that can be pointed to in the infinitely surreal aftermath of the murder of John F. Kennedy:

It is 1:45 p.m. on the afternoon of 22 November 1963. The President of the United States has just been shot only minutes before. The telephone at the FBI office in Dallas rings. On the line, calling long distance from Tyler, Texas is Mr. George H. W. Bush, President of the Zapata Off-shore Drilling Company of Houston, Texas.

Citizen Bush has rushed to a telephone to place into the record "hearsay that he recalled hearing in recent weeks, the day and source unknown. He stated that one JAMES PARROTT has been talking of killing the President when he comes to Houston [sic]."

Ashton, didn't that same FBI memo state that Parrott was "possibly a student at the University of Houston and active in politics in the Houston area?"

Glad to see you taking an interest in events surrounding President Kennedy's murder. Saw your timeline on Moore, Hunt, China, et al. It was effective. I always enjoy reading your posts, and many of them force me to think. There seem to be a few that are not enamored with your straightforward writing style, but I like it. You're never dull.

[

Ashton, didn't that same FBI memo state that Parrott was "possibly a student at the University of Houston and active in politics in the Houston area?"

Glad to see you taking an interest in events surrounding President Kennedy's murder. Saw your timeline on Moore, Hunt, China, et al. It was effective. I always enjoy reading your posts, and many of them force me to think. There seem to be a few that are not enamored with your straightforward writing style, but I like it. You're never dull.

You're right, Michael. There's no known connection between the two Parrotts. James Parrott was a loud-mouthed kid, enamored with the John Birch society, if I remember correctly. There's nothing connecting Tom Parrott with the JBS.

Absolutely so, Michael.

And as the resident CIA apologist has now so astutely (and accommodatingly—a tip o' the Ashton hat) pointed out, the James Parrott "lead" was a blatant red herring, one of the first planted. And who better to plant it than George H. W. Bush.

My little self-rhyming couplet about "two little Parrotts" was there expressly to point up one of the CIA's favorite psy-ops: the Principle of the Duplicate, which I covered in a post back in July: CIA Psy-Ops of Watergate and Beyond. It's like a bloody CIA fingerprint. They scatter duplicates everywhere they want to obfuscate and confuse. Watergate is littered with them, as I've covered elsewhere.

And here, within minutes of the assassination, comes George H. W. Bush, who just happens to be armed with a "tip" about some guy with the name of Parrott threatening to kill the president in a Texas town—but not Dallas.

I wouldn't recommend anyone spending even a few minutes pondering why George H. W. Bush would wait until after the President had been shot to report this alarming threat, when news of Kennedy's trip to Texas had been being spread like good longhorn fertilizer two-feet deep the length an breadth of the state. If you ignore my advice and do start thinking about it, and your head starts to spin on your shoulders like Linda Blair in The Exorcist, don't blame me.

Meanwhile, Bush's "tip" of course led to a Bircher dead end (as the resident CIA apologist has rushed to remind us—another tip o' the Ashton hat). And of course there were no U.S. gu'mint plants in and around the Birch society. Nawwwwwww. Oh, hell no!

But by God, we got us a classic CIA-bloody-fingerprint "twosie" in there. And it happened to pop up—from Bush the Elder himself, no less—just when the CIA's Thomas Parrott somehow went right off the radar faster than a New Mexico UFO.

Funny how these things seem to coincide.

So that's ratcheted that particular Parrott boy waaaaay on up there in my book.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

Absolutely so, Michael.

And as the resident CIA apologist has now so astutely (and accommodatingly—a tip o' the Ashton hat) pointed out, the James Parrott "lead" was a blatant red herring, one of the first planted. And who better to plant it than George H. W. Bush.

Ashton, you've got your conspiracies mixed up. I'm only a CIA apologist when it comes to Watergate. They don't pay me enough to cover their butts on Watergate AND the Kennedy assassination.

As far as your whole "twosies" angle....Only you can take the not-so-surprising coincidence that a young man in Texas happens to have the last name as A CIA secretary in Washington and conclude this was by design. It's not unreasonable to note the similarities in names and see if the two are related. It is unreasonable to take from the fact that they are probably not related that Bush deliberately planted this information in order to throw us off. I, too, suspect Bush had CIA ties in 1963. I also suspect he probably knew more than he's revealed. I even think it's possible he reported Parrott to throw the Feebies off the scent of the anti-Castro Cubans with whom he'd been so friendly. But, as far as we can tell, Parrott was a real person, with real right-wing tendencies. Consequently, it would appear his name has NOTHING to do with Tom Parrott, and "Parrott" is not some secret code that only you in your wisdom can divine.

Edited by Pat Speer