The Education Forum

JFK Lost documents program

Has anyone seen the topic today on the History Channel?

Great information!

Certainly did give me a lot to take a good look at.

Without all of the documents it is going to be hard for anyone to truely solve JFK mystery of crime.

I haven't seen this documentary before. Don't even know if it was on last year.

To what I have been stating from NARA those facts were there, but more.

Seems like it is the CIA holding up on them and they did confirm what I had been saying all alone. On just how many possible missing documents is a little over a million documents. They know about them all but not willing to let them go into public eye.

I was also interested in the film that the Secret Serviceman on several cars behind the limo of JFK was filming the whole thing. He has now passed away and his name is Dave Powers. He wrote that the film is still not to be released ever to the public even after his death. Does this tell us something or what?

Conspiracy. At the top of it. Yet, Dave Powers was close to JFK.

Also, another one to do a lot of filming on the sixth floor of Book Depostory Building was Tom Alley. (not sure of the spelling of his last name). He got a lot of film including the finding of the gun that Lee H. Oswald was to have found.

Never have I heard of any of this before.

The list goes on and on. Of other films still not totally seen by the public. Some may never get shown.

Papers well they showed what did come out and also that the Warren Commission had never seen much of the documents that the CIA still has and kept under lock.

So, that also puts the Warren Commission totally wrong in even it's findings of which is also my own feelings about the Warren Commission.

Anyone have a copy of this film please let me know. The topic is Lost files of JFK.

Now, what they are saying is anyone that is from Texas or was at the Plaza on the day of 11/22/63 and brings forth pictures and or films of that day maybe a big break through to get facts out about JFK assassination that the CIA won't budge to get out.

This also was stated in the film.

Also in the film they named a man that came out of the Texas Book Depository Building. One person shouted out, "Stop that man." So, the police did stop him.

His name is Larry Flora (if I am spelling his last name correctly). From the film that they showed of him he seemed a bit tipsy. Drunk. But that was just appearances.

Does anyone know anything about him? After the police interviewed him. He was taken for questioning.

"Has anyone seen the topic today on the History Channel?

Great information!

Certainly did give me a lot to take a good look at.

Without all of the documents it is going to be hard for anyone to truely solve JFK mystery of crime.

I haven't seen this documentary before. Don't even know if it was on last year.

To what I have been stating from NARA those facts were there, but more.

Seems like it is the CIA holding up on them and they did confirm what I had been saying all alone. On just how many possible missing documents is a little over a million documents. They know about them all but not willing to let them go into public eye.

I was also interested in the film that the Secret Serviceman on several cars behind the limo of JFK was filming the whole thing. He has now passed away and his name is Dave Powers. He wrote that the film is still not to be released ever to the public even after his death. Does this tell us something or what?

Conspiracy. At the top of it. Yet, Dave Powers was close to JFK.

Also, another one to do a lot of filming on the sixth floor of Book Depostory Building was Tom Alley. (not sure of the spelling of his last name). He got a lot of film including the finding of the gun that Lee H. Oswald was to have found.

Never have I heard of any of this before.

The list goes on and on. Of other films still not totally seen by the public. Some may never get shown.

Papers well they showed what did come out and also that the Warren Commission had never seen much of the documents that the CIA still has and kept under lock.

So, that also puts the Warren Commission totally wrong in even it's findings of which is also my own feelings about the Warren Commission.

Anyone have a copy of this film please let me know. The topic is Lost files of JFK.

Now, what they are saying is anyone that is from Texas or was at the Plaza on the day of 11/22/63 and brings forth pictures and or films of that day maybe a big break through to get facts out about JFK assassination that the CIA won't budge to get out.

This also was stated in the film."

The program was called The JFK Assassination: Missing Files, and it was on last year. I taped it. It is outstanding. You have a few things mixed up however.

- Dave Powers was not Secret Service, he was JFK's personal friend and Assistant to the President.

- You also imply once again that there are documents "missing" from NARA. They aren't missing, they were never there in the first place because they were never released.

- Tom "Alley" is Tom Alyea, who was a film photographer for one of the Dallas TV stations at the time. Nearly every TV documentary on the assassination has Alyea's film included. Do a Google search for Tom Alyea, there's tons of stuff out there. I'm very surprised that you previously knew nothing about Alyea and his famous film footage.

Here's a still taken from Alyea's film showing Lt Carl Day and the MC.

Edited by Richard J. Smith

Taped this as well, it was a fantastic documentary, but Richard is right - where did you get the idea that Powers was Secret Service?

Wasn't a snippet of the Powers film released, though? Just nothing from inside the Plaza. I could have sworn I had a portion downloaded from Love Field through part of the motorcade.

Edited by Nic Martin

It was my understanding that Dave Powers (Political Advisor) to JFK was filming from the Secret Service car immediatly behind JFK's car, but that by the time they got to Dealey Plaza he had run out of film. There are bit and pieces of Powers film that have been shown on different documentaries....

But it was also my understanding that Powers did not normally ride in the Secret Service Car, but was usually found riding in one of the VIP buses that also accompanied the President. The VIP buses carried people like any White House staff that came along, including but not limited to advisors, speech writers. secretaries, and state political chairmen and their staff. The buses were usually located towards the back of the motorcade, behind the press buses.

If I'm am wrong in these line-ups anyone who has better info please correct me.

Mike

First of all Mr. Powers has passed away and he signed papers stating that they will not ever be released. At least that is what the documentary stated on the History channel.

Second correct they did state that he was a close friend to JFK.

Thirdly it was in the secret service car that Mr. Powers was in.

They stated all facts very close together.

Next off, watch the film it was GREAT........

They did show other facts in the filmings.

Also it isn't alone that Powers did filming yes, there were two I believe reports who did film.

They showed Jack Ruby in the room where all of the reporters had talked to Lee H. Oswald and the postition that Ruby was standing was a good stand out. In fact he stood above the crowd and was leaning forward.

On the streets of a man who did look like Ruby is now confirmed that it was not Jack Ruby.

Just bits and pieces.

Enjoy the film well worth seeing!!!!

Acording to the film

Powers has now passed away and he signed a paper and stated that it will not be released.

Sorry, but that is what was stated on the film.

Go get the film and see it and if it should be listed on Denis Listing again set time to see it. Well, worth it.

Thanks for showing me the clipping.

Acording to the film

Powers has now passed away and he signed a paper and stated that it will not be released.

Sorry, but that is what was stated on the film.

Go get the film and see it and if it should be listed on Denis Listing again set time to see it.  Well, worth it.

Thanks for showing me the clipping.

Nancy. Dave Powers died March 27, 1998. His film, as pointed out above, was released in 1996. The History Channel was wrong. Incorrect. False. Faulty. Flawed. Mistaken. Inaccurate. Untrue. Way off. Do you understand? He ran out of film before entering the Plaza, so the President's death was not caught by his tape. The government really isn't hiding something from you this time.

Ah Nic, how old are you?

The reason I ask this is because you sound younger like a teenager?

Am I correct?

I understand more than you think, is that clear?

I sure - do hope so.

And if you are an adult which you are growing into then I guess you are the one to feel more embarrassed then me.

By the way, I am not the one here embarassed, is that clear.

Ah Nic, how old are you?

The reason I ask this is because you sound younger like a teenager?

Am I correct?

I understand more than you think, is that clear?

I sure - do hope so.

And if you are an adult which you are growing into then I guess you are the one to feel more embarrassed then me.

By the way, I am not the one here embarassed, is that clear.

The profile says 17. It hasn't changed since I joined. I'm not embarrassed, and I wasn't suggesting that you should be, either. I'm actually not out to get you, Nancy. I'm simply stating something that you didn't seem to understand the first few times around.

Nic and to everyone Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you Nic, that does sound much better.

Yes, I do understand.

I also understand a lot more is going on underneath of it all then most see and read on the forums. Really it is.

So, go and have a good day, I will sure try to as well!

It was my understanding that Dave Powers (Political Advisor) to JFK was filming from the Secret Service car immediatly behind JFK's car, but that by the time they got to Dealey Plaza he had run out of film. There are bit and pieces of Powers film that have been shown on different documentaries....

But it was also my understanding that Powers did not normally ride in the Secret Service Car, but was usually found riding in one of the VIP buses that also accompanied the President. The VIP buses carried people like any White House staff that came along, including but not limited to advisors, speech writers. secretaries, and state political chairmen and their staff. The buses were usually located towards the back of the motorcade, behind the press buses.

If I'm am wrong in these line-ups anyone who has better info please correct me.

Thanks  ;)

In his book, Johnny, We Hardly Knew Ye, Kenneth O’Donnell writes about sitting next to Dave Powers in the Secret Service backup car (page 28). He describes Powers and himself “sitting on the two jump seats of the Secret Service’s backup car, only about ten feet behind the President and Jackie”. In the book he does not mention Powers taking any photographs.

It was O’Donnell who took the decision “not to put the clear plastic bubble-top covering over its seats” (page 26). However, as he points out, the top was neither bulletproof nor bullet-resistant”. Interestingly, the only person who objected was Jackie. She preferred it use “because it kept her hair from getting windblown”. O’Donnell adds, “the President, of course, disliked it on a political appearance because it shielded him from the people.”