The Education Forum

Police Recover JFK Artifacts in Drug Raid

Nic Martin

DALLAS A drug raid on a Dallas apartment unexpectedly turned up a stash of artifacts relating to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Among the finds: a police card bearing Jack Ruby's nine fingerprints (he lost a finger in a fight); photos of Ruby shooting alleged assassin Lee Harvey Oswald; what appears to be a drawing of a map containing important assassination-related locations and a photo inventory of Oswald's belongings.

Police say the items appear to be authentic and apparently were taken from police archives several decades ago. They are to be included in a new police headquarters museum.

The items were found in Michael Roppolo's apartment during a drug raid in March of 2003. He said he got them from a relative who used to work for the police department.

Officials also found autopsy photos of Bonnie and Clyde.

This "map' sounds interesting. I'd like to know more about the provenance.

Wim

Wim: More important than the map is the fingerprint copies that were found other than Ruby's. These fingerprint copies have been compared to the box 26 FBI copies that were sent to the FBI by Dallas P.D shortly after the assassination. The FBI copies of the fingerprints are different than the ones found in the basement. The FBI copies are different and appears to have been tampered with AFTER they were in the FBI's Lab. (1964)

(I posted on this forum a few weeks ago about this Dallas PD and the new found prints but nobody picked up on it)

The pictures (PHOTO COPIES) of the prints found in the raid is a NON broken chain of evidence FROM THE FIRST OF 1964. Guess who the 38 point comparison prints fit?. First two guesses don't count. It has taken a year to get those prints to this level and documented; palm, little finger, and index. For years copies of these prints were lost deep in the basement of the Dallas P.D. in an old misplaced file cabinet.., until they were stolden while the file cabinet was being moved because of a broken water pipe a few years ago.

It is my understanding that this information, or comments, will not be released by the Dallas P.D. until some in high Texas politics and others involved have died and then I also understand all hell will breake loose and the history books will have to be rewritten.... Stay tuned.. It should prove interesting in a few more months or years. Tosh

Edited by William Plumlee

This "map' sounds interesting. I'd like to know more about the provenance.

Wim

Wim: More important than the map is the fingerprint copies that were found other than Ruby's. These fingerprint copies have been compared to the box 26 FBI copies that were sent to the FBI by Dallas P.D shortly after the assassination. The FBI copies of the fingerprints are different than the ones found in the basement. The FBI copies are different and appears to have been tampered with AFTER they were in the FBI's Lab. (1964)

(I posted on this forum a few weeks ago about this Dallas PD and the new found prints but nobody picked up on it)

The pictures (PHOTO COPIES) of the prints found in the raid is a NON broken chain of evidence FROM THE FIRST OF 1964. Guess who the 38 point comparison prints fit?. First two guesses don't count. It has taken a year to get those prints to this level and documented; palm, little finger, and index. For years copies of these prints were lost deep in the basement of the Dallas P.D. in an old misplaced file cabinet.., until they were stolden while the file cabinet was being moved because of a broken water pipe a few years ago.

It is my understanding that this information, or comments, will not be released by the Dallas P.D. until some in high Texas politics and others involved have died and then I also understand all hell will breake loose and the history books will have to be rewritten.... Stay tuned.. It should prove interesting in a few more months or years. Tosh

Tosh:

I get it. Thanks.!!!

Thanks to Nic for posting the story, I saw it today.....but too busy.

Hay Nic you're gonna be one hell of a historian. Keep at it...we need investigators like you.

Dawn

Tosh,

More important than the map is the fingerprint copies that were found other than Ruby's. These fingerprint copies have been compared to the box 26 FBI copies that were sent to the FBI by Dallas P.D shortly after the assassination. The FBI copies of the fingerprints are different than the ones found in the basement. The FBI copies are different and appears to have been tampered with AFTER they were in the FBI's Lab. (1964)

The pictures (PHOTO COPIES) of the prints found in the raid is a NON broken chain of evidence FROM THE FIRST OF 1964. Guess who the 38 point comparison prints fit?.

A woman named Marthat posted this on the alt.assassination.jfk newsgroup on December 17, 2004:

> I just saw a news announcement about this - the card that was held up

> (that Ruby's fingerprint was supposedly on) was Oswald's FPCC card. Now

> don't everybody pounce at once - I am just telling you what I saw and

> heard. It is not MY story.

>

On the 18th, she posted this:

Sorry all.

I am not sure if I was wrong and the TV blip was right OR if I was right

and the TV . . . well, you know. Anyhow - straight from the horse's mouth

- it was Ruby's fingerprint card that was in the stuff recovered. FPCC

card had nothing to do Ruby.

Neigh/Whinny

Martha

Steve Thomas

Tosh,

A woman named Marthat posted this on the alt.assassination.jfk newsgroup on December 17, 2004:

> I just saw a news announcement about this - the card that was held up

> (that Ruby's fingerprint was supposedly on) was Oswald's FPCC card. Now

> don't everybody pounce at once - I am just telling you what I saw and

> heard. It is not MY story.

>

On the 18th, she posted this:

Sorry all.

I am not sure if I was wrong and the TV blip was right OR if I was right

and the TV . . . well, you know. Anyhow - straight from the horse's mouth

- it was Ruby's fingerprint card that was in the stuff recovered. FPCC

card had nothing to do Ruby.

Neigh/Whinny

Martha

Steve Thomas

Other things were found that were not announced to the media. They needed further checking. That took almost a year. The trail from the file cabnet and copies of fingerprints of others found in the raid were a match to another fingerprint card. This information or copies did not go with the many boxes that went to the FBI in 1964.

Ruby's card when found recently was released at a press conference. However, another copy of prints was not. It is not my place to go into how I know these things and perhaps I have already gone to far and this could become a problem between me and others who ask me not to reveal my sources. In time, I was told, this information will be released to the media. I just posted because the subject matter of the fingerprint of Ruby's, and other matters was found in an unlikely place. Thanks Steve

Tosh,

It is not my place to go into how I know these things and perhaps I have already gone to far and this could become a problem between me and others who ask me not to reveal my sources. In time, I was told, this information will be released to the media.

That's ok. I won't press you.

Steve Thomas

Tosh et.al.,

Ruby's card when found recently was released at a press conference. However, another copy of prints was not. It is not my place to go into how I know these things and perhaps I have already gone to far and this could become a problem between me and others who ask me not to reveal my sources.

An ex-Dallas policeman told me that, "I read the story (Below) in the newspaper. I just got back from the Police Academy where I was teaching a Class for Detectives and Jess Lucio was in the class and he says they firmly believe that Rusty Livingston, a Crimes Scene Search Detective in 1963 took the card on November 24 and it ended up with his nephew, a former classmate of the moron they arrested on the Drug Search Warrant."

Here is a link to the WFAA Channel 8 News Report.

http://www.wfaa.com/perl/common/video/wmPl...evidence_am.wmv

The reporter, Jennifer Lopez, says that the items were stolen from the police lab.

Steve Thomas

Tosh et.al.,

Ruby's card when found recently was released at a press conference. However, another copy of prints was not.  It is not my place to go into how I know these things and perhaps I have already gone to far and this could become a problem between me and others who ask me not to reveal my sources. 

An ex-Dallas policeman told me that, "I read the story (Below) in the newspaper.  I just got back from the Police Academy where I was teaching a Class for Detectives and Jess Lucio was in the class and he says they firmly believe that Rusty Livingston, a Crimes Scene Search Detective in 1963 took the card on November 24 and it ended up with his nephew, a former classmate of the moron they arrested on the Drug Search Warrant."

The reporter, Jennifer Lopez, says that the items were stolen from the police lab.

Steve Thomas

"Police say although the evidence was recovered a year ago it was only recently released by the courts"

Had anyone seen the map before? or the photo of Oswald's belongings? What is this other fingerprint card Tosh can't talk about? Who is in the evidence the FBI supposedly didn't get?

Interesting thread...

Tosh et.al.,

Ruby's card when found recently was released at a press conference. However, another copy of prints was not.  It is not my place to go into how I know these things and perhaps I have already gone to far and this could become a problem between me and others who ask me not to reveal my sources. 

An ex-Dallas policeman told me that, "I read the story (Below) in the newspaper.  I just got back from the Police Academy where I was teaching a Class for Detectives and Jess Lucio was in the class and he says they firmly believe that Rusty Livingston, a Crimes Scene Search Detective in 1963 took the card on November 24 and it ended up with his nephew, a former classmate of the moron they arrested on the Drug Search Warrant."

Steve Thomas

It was obvious from the beginning that it was stolen. That Livingston was a real thief!