The Education Forum

VIDEO - Oswald in Mancuso's

But Kurtz wasn't the only person to see Banister and Oswald together at Mancuso's. I think Bannister's secretary confirmed this, so we're not depending on Kurtz, rather he is confirming something we already know.

BK

John McAdams points out that Bannister's secretary, Delphine Roberts, has not impressed many people with her Oswald stories.

MCADAMS QUOTE ON:

However the testimony of Roberts has major credibility problems. She

failed to place Oswald in Banister's office when questioned by the

Garrison investigation. And the House Select Committee noted a variety of

contradictions and statements that lacked independent corroboration in

her testimony.

Let me quote:

(498) During another interview, Roberts told the committee that

Oswald came into the office seeking employment and sometime later brought

Marina in with him. Contrary to her statements in the initial interview,

that she had never seen Oswald, she stated that she saw Oswald come into

Banister's office on several occasions. Because of such contradictions in

Roberts' statements to the committee and lack of independent corroboration

of many of her statements, the reliability of her statements could not be

determined. QUOTE OFF.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/lafq3.txt

But Kurtz wasn't the only person to see Banister and Oswald together at Mancuso's. I think Bannister's secretary confirmed this, so we're not depending on Kurtz, rather he is confirming something we already know.

BK

John McAdams points out that Bannister's secretary, Delphine Roberts, has not impressed many people with her Oswald stories.

MCADAMS QUOTE ON:

However the testimony of Roberts has major credibility problems. She

failed to place Oswald in Banister's office when questioned by the

Garrison investigation. And the House Select Committee noted a variety of

contradictions and statements that lacked independent corroboration in

her testimony.

Let me quote:

(498) During another interview, Roberts told the committee that

Oswald came into the office seeking employment and sometime later brought

Marina in with him. Contrary to her statements in the initial interview,

that she had never seen Oswald, she stated that she saw Oswald come into

Banister's office on several occasions. Because of such contradictions in

Roberts' statements to the committee and lack of independent corroboration

of many of her statements, the reliability of her statements could not be

determined. QUOTE OFF.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/lafq3.txt

Who cares what Mciadams thinks?

He can discredit every witness in the world if he wants to.

There are those who don't want to believe Oswald had anything to do with 544 Camp Street, Bannister, Ferrie & Company, and while they might be in denial, it doesn't alter the fact that Oswald was there, he used the address on some of his FPCC leaflets and he associated with those people.

You don't want to believe Kurtz or Roberts, or any of the other witness, don't.

I say it was a bee hive of covert ops and Oswald was in the thick of it.

BK

Who cares what McAdams thinks?

BK

It is not what McAdams himself thinks that matters, it is a question of witness reliability.

If it is true that Roberts told one thing to Garrison, and the opposite to Anthony Summers many years later, then Roberts is useless as a source of evidence. If she told two different stories to the HSCA, please tell us what art or science exists to enable impartial fact-finders to distinguish between the true and the false in her contradictory statements.

There are those who don't want to believe Oswald had anything to do with 544 Camp Street, Bannister, Ferrie & Company, and while they might be in denial, it doesn't alter the fact that Oswald was there, he used the address on some of his FPCC leaflets and he associated with those people.

BK

McAdams may be in denial about many issues in this case, but query who is in denial about the testimony of Ms. Roberts.

I for one never saw Lee Oswald with Bannister, and I am still waiting to hear from a reliable witness who did.

How about Michael Kurtz? Is my memory accurate that Kurtz never mentioned seeing Oswald with Bannister in the first edition of his book?

Who cares what McAdams thinks?

BK

It is not what McAdams himself thinks that matters, it is a question of witness reliability.

If it is true that Roberts told one thing to Garrison, and the opposite to Anthony Summers many years later, then Roberts is useless as a source of evidence. If she told two different stories to the HSCA, please tell us what art or science exists to enable impartial fact-finders to distinguish between the true and the false in her contradictory statements.

BK

McAdams may be in denial about many issues in this case, but query who is in denial about the testimony of Ms. Roberts.

I for one never saw Lee Oswald with Bannister, and I am still waiting to hear from a reliable witness who did.

How about Michael Kurtz? Is my memory accurate that Kurtz never mentioned seeing Oswald with Bannister in the first edition of his book?

Well, I can certainly think of a few reasons why Ms. Roberts would not remember seeing Oswald, especially after what Bannister did to Martin after he put SAIC NO SS JW Rice on his trail - he beat the crap out of him with a pistol.

At this point in the case, if we are still looking for evidence to link Oswald and Bannister, then it's a sad state of affairs.

It's not like Roberts or Kurtz are saying that they saw Bannister hand Oswald a Manlicher Carcano and overheard them talking about killing Kennedy or Castro, they are simply having coffee at Mancuso's, and I believe that happened.

BK

At this point in the case, if we are still looking for evidence to link Oswald and Bannister, then it's a sad state of affairs.

BK

Bill: I think nearly everyone on this forum was convinced a long time ago that the assassination of JFK was a big-money, powerful, and very sophisticated plot. We now know, thanks to John Newman's research, that high-level figures in the CIA had Lee Oswald's movements constantly on their radar in the months preceding the assassination. We also have new evidence linking Howard Hunt to the killing.

I agree that, if we are still looking for evidence to link Oswald and Bannister, then it's a sad state of affairs. By 1963 Guy Bannister was a burnt-out case who couldn't even pay his office rent, as Harold Weisberg discovered. For those involved in plotting the assassination, on the other hand, you can bet that there was no shortage of expense money.

Besides Oswald and Bannister having coffee at Mancuso's, Oswald was seen by Barbera Reid having a drink at the Bourbon House with his old USMC buddy Kerry Thornley.

While Thornley denied this, Reid, who recalled Oswald saying he was leaving shortly for Texas, later convinced Thornley he was mistaken and Thornley eventually said he didn't recall who he was with at the time.

Garrison meanwhile, came up with eight witnesses to Oswald being with Thornley in New Orleans in the summer of '63, including Magazine Street neighbors who saw Thornley at Oswald's apartment, and two guys at a printing shop who identified a photo of Thornley who picked up FPCC leaflets.

After Thornley testified to the grand jury that he didn't see Oswald in New Orelans, Garrison charged Thornley with perjury, but never took him to trial.

After the assassination, Thornley moved to California and got a job as a doorman in an apartment building where Johnny Rosselli lived.

BK

After the assassination, Thornley moved to California and got a job as a doorman in an apartment building where Johnny Rosselli lived.

BK

Wow, what a plum job. It seems Thornley really moved up in the world after the assassination. Doormen get great tips at Christmas.

BK

Wow, what a plum job. It seems Thornley really moved up in the world after the assassination. Doormen get great tips at Christmas.

I guess if we rate participation in conspiracy by who made out from the murder, then LBJ is first, Oswald is last and those who got promtions got plums - Jack Valenti and LBJ crew, Dan Rather, Jack Revell,.......

BK