The Education Forum

There Was No Bullet Wound in John F. Kennedy's Throat

Ashton Gray

Perry: ...I then began the tracheotomy making a transverse incision right through the wound in the neck.

That was the beginning of a long vertical incision.

Obviously, the tube went in below where the incision started.

You're not suggesting that the tracheotomy incision ran up and down the throat, are you?

A transverse incision runs left and right. Which I might describe as horizontal, but certainly not vertical.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry: ...I then began the tracheotomy making a transverse incision right through the wound in the neck.

You're not suggesting that the tracheotomy incision ran up and down the throat, are you?

A transverse incision runs left and right. Which I might describe as horizontal, but certainly not vertical.

Perry before the WC:

<quote on, emphasis added>

Dr. PERRY - The area of the wound, as pointed out to you in the lower third of the neck anteriorly is customarily the spot one would electively perform the tracheotomy.

This is one of the safest and easiest spots to reach the trachea. In addition the presence of the wound indicated to me there was possibly an underlaying wound to the neck muscles in the neck, the carotid artery or the jugular vein. If you are going to control these it is necessary that the incision be as low, that is toward the heart or lungs as the wound if you are going to obtain adequate control.

Therefore, for expediency's sake I went directly to that level to obtain control of the airway.

<quote off>

Zombie Pet Theory killer.

It's what I do.

The weaponized fact of conspiracy, y'all. The bullet holes in the clothes are too low to have been associated with the throat entrance wound.

Nobody here is arguing against the fact that the back wound is too low to be associated with the throat wound. So why bring it up?

Zombie Pet Theory killer.

It's what I do.

The weaponized fact of conspiracy, y'all. The bullet holes in the clothes are too low to have been associated with the throat entrance wound.

Nobody here is arguing against the fact that the back wound is too low to be associated with the throat wound. So why bring it up?

Unless one is willing to bash every Dealey Plaza witness who described JFK reacting to throat trauma, and every Parkland witness who described a wound in the throat consistent with an entrance, the bullet holes in the clothes corroborate those eye witness accounts.

What theory?

Carrico reported contusions in the larnyx, as well as hematoma and a slightly deviated larnyx.

What theory have I made about the x-rays?

Just because I inventory the wounds in JFK's throat means I have a theory?

Carrico testified there were contusions and haematoma to the right of the larynx, not in the larynx. You are making things up again, Cliff.

Cliff

Do you know what the word "transverse" means?

trans·verse
transˈvərs,tranzˈvərs/
adjective
  1. situated or extending across something.
    "a transverse beam supports the dashboard"
    synonyms: crosswise, crossways, cross, horizontal, diagonal, oblique, slanted
    "a transverse bar"
    jfk_stry_a_0.jpg
Edited by Robert Prudhomme

What theory?

Carrico reported contusions in the larnyx, as well as hematoma and a slightly deviated larnyx.

What theory have I made about the x-rays?

Just because I inventory the wounds in JFK's throat means I have a theory?

Carrico testified there were contusions and haematoma to the right of the larynx, not in the larynx. You are making things up again, Cliff.

One more time:

Carrico in the second session with the WC [editorial comments added]

<quote on>

Dr. CARRICO - At that time the endotracheal tube was inserted, using a curved laryngoscopic blade, inserting an endotracheal tube, it was seen there were some contusions, [comma! if you don't know what a comma is, google it!] hematoma to the right of the larynx, [another comma!] with a minimal deviation of the larynx to the left, and rugged tissue below indicating tracheal injury.

<quote off>

He didn't say "contusions and hematoma on the right", he said "it was seen there was some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larnyx."

"He didn't say "contusions and hematoma on the right", he said "it was seen there was some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larnyx."

To a normal person, it would appear he was listing the things he observed to the right of the larynx...."some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larynx...."

You still have not explained how a bullet could strike the larynx and not break the skin (or even leave a mark on it) but then deflect 90° downward and pierce the throat at the level of the 2nd and 3rd tracheal rings; making another 90° turn in the process.

Cliff

Do you know what the word "transverse" means?

Sure. I also know what this means:

Perry:

<quote on, emphasis added>

DR. PERRY: I then began the tracheotomy making a transverse incision right through the wound in the neck.

Mr. SPECTER - Why did you elect to make the tracheotomy incision through the wound in the neck, Dr. Perry?

Dr. PERRY - The area of the wound, as pointed out to you in the lower third of the neck anteriorly is customarily the spot one would electively perform the tracheotomy.

This is one of the safest and easiest spots to reach the trachea. In addition the presence of the wound indicated to me there was possibly an underlaying wound to the neck muscles in the neck, the carotid artery or the jugular vein. If you are going to control these it is necessary that the incision be as low, that is toward the heart or lungs as the wound if you are going to obtain adequate control.

Therefore, for expediency's sake I went directly to that level to obtain control of the airway.

<quote off>

"Toward the heart and lungs.,"

What part of "toward the heart and lungs" do you fail to understand?

The initial incision was a transverse -- horizontal -- cut through the throat wound, and then a long vertical incision "toward the heart and lungs."

Were JFK's heart and lungs on either side of his neck, Bob?

btw, you have no proof that's JFK in any of the autopsy photos.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

You have entirely lost it now, Cliff, and I see no point in continuing to discuss anything with you.

Does anyone know how to block someone so you don't have to see that person's posts?

"He didn't say "contusions and hematoma on the right", he said "it was seen there was some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larnyx."

To a normal person, it would appear he was listing the things he observed to the right of the larynx...."some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larynx...."

You're a case study in confirmation bias. And selective editing.

He didn't say anything about "right of the larnyx" until after his observations of contusions.

Are you claiming that the broken blood vessels showed bruising?

You still have not explained how a bullet could strike the larynx and not break the skin (or even leave a mark on it) but then deflect 90° downward and pierce the throat at the level of the 2nd and 3rd tracheal rings; making another 90° turn in the process.

You're making stuff up again, Bob. Carrico reported contusions when he examined the larnyx. Blood isn't itself bruised. The damage to the larnyx was on the right side, the damage to the trachea was on the right side, the damage to the transverse process was on the right side.

Significant deflection is proven by the neck x-ray.

And the heart and lungs are not on either side of the neck, Bob.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

You have entirely lost it now, Cliff, and I see no point in continuing to discuss anything with you.

Does anyone know how to block someone so you don't have to see that person's posts?

Go to "members" and hit ignore.

Since you have a penchant for ignoring evidence, this shouldn't be hard.

A lot easier than swallowing some claim that blood shows bruising.

Edited by Cliff Varnell