The Education Forum

The "Headshots"

For those who have not become completely disoriented and/or lost in chasing mythological creatures firing rifles (or whatever) from multitudes of locations, perhaps the following may be of some assistance.

A. Happens to be the approximate entry location for the entry of the Z313 impact headshot. AKA/ the SECOND shot/aka the "Cowlick" entry.

B. Happens to be the approximate entry location for the entry of the THIRD shot/aka that shot directly in front of James Altgens position/aka the EOP entry, which bullet also passed through the coat of JFK at the juncture of where the collar turns down.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have not become completely disoriented and/or lost in chasing mythological creatures firing rifles (or whatever) from multitudes of locations, perhaps the following may be of some assistance.

A. Happens to be the approximate entry location for the entry of the Z313 impact headshot. AKA/ the SECOND shot/aka the "Cowlick" entry.

B. Happens to be the approximate entry location for the entry of the THIRD shot/aka that shot directly in front of James Altgens position/aka the EOP entry, which bullet also passed through the coat of JFK at the juncture of where the collar turns down.

Tom, Ive been following with interest your "two hits to the head" theory for some time now. And in many ways it makes a good deal of sense. But I cant figure out WHY exactly the W.C. would lie about it and invent the more complicated SBT. I'm sure you'll enlighten me, just try an keep it simple mate, for the benefit of this "good ole thick consruction worker". Denis.

Edited by Denis Pointing

Tom, Ive been following with interest your "two hits to the head" theory for some time now. And in many ways it makes a good deal of sense. But I cant figure out WHY exactly the W.C. would lie about it and invent the more complicated SBT. I'm sure you'll enlighten me, just try an keep it simple mate, for the benefit of this "good ole thick consruction worker". Denis.

Just perhaps one had best role up the pants legs and put the waders on, as most would believe that the BS is about to exceed the high water mark.

Because, "our boy" JBC/aka the only person in the car to recognize that shooting was taking place, as well as the only "Male" person who was close enough to have reacted and assisted in saving the life of JFK (after the first shot only lodged into the back as short distance), panicked; attempted to get the car door open and get out, and when he could not accomplish this, ducked.

JBC; political secretary of LBJ, as well as the one who covered for LBJ in everything from fires to burn votes, to anything else for him, and himself being "groomed" to become the next run for President Candidate, did what most normal people do when they know that they are being shot at.

He DUCKED!, while JFK got his head blown off.

Of course, if one believes Jackie, he was also "squealing like a pig" after he got hit (for the first time) in the arm/wrist by the fragment from the Z313 impact fragmenting bullet.

And, although there were a few other "political" reasons, the primary reason for the LBJ/aka WC lie, was to cover for and protect the political reputation of John B. Connally.

And Yep! Rest assured that I know how difficult it is/would be to swallow that one!

Shall I even bother to explain the two headshots and how they are responsible for the cerebral damage to JFK's head as well as how all of this confusion got started?

P.S. Exactly why do you think it is that JBC later lied to the WC about having not seen JFK, when in fact from his hospital bed, prior to fully understanding the significance of stating so, he absolutely stated that he turned and looked at JFK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failure to understand the evidence has no bearing on the validity of that evidence.

As a general rule, it merely means that one does not understand the evidence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would mark the entrance wound location on the Anterior/Posterior X-ray, however a recent "meltdown" has left me without the ability to "mark" the posted imaging.

Nevertheless, most who are even vaguely familiar with the evidence are aware of the location of the entrance wound in the top rear of the skull as shown in the one anterior/posterior X-ray which is available.

In event that I can locate my copies of this which were received fron the archives, perhaps it will come through better, or else perhaps someone else has a better copy.

• 3 weeks later...
Thomas H. Purvis Posted Today, 01:27 AM

Headshot#1

This I can buy Mr. Purvis. However, I remain unconvinced there was a successful 2nd headshot.

Antti;

Be careful, you too could be "banned" from this forum for having consorted with the enemy!

Anyhow!

1. A "cowlick" entry happens to have been about 10cm (4-inches) above where the autopsy surgeons located the entry wound in the skull of JFK.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/kellerma.htm

Mr. KELLERMAN. Entry into this man's head was right below that wound, right here.

Mr. SPECTER. Indicating the bottom of the hairline immediately to the right of the ear about the lower third of the ear?

Mr. KELLERMAN. Right. But it was in the hairline, sir.

Mr. SPECTER. In his hairline?

Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir.

Mr. SPECTER. Near the end of his hairline?

Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir.

2. And, the entry into the scalp was even farther away/lower than was the entry into the skull as the autopsy surgeons have clearly stated how the bullet pathway WHICH THEY OBSERVED, "tunneled" through the soft flesh/tissue at the base of the neck/skull, prior to impact with the skull.

Without getting into the impact and pathological damage as created by the third shot, if desired, I will go into the ballistic /pathological information necessary to understand how the skull bone can, and did, cause the bullet at the Z313 impact to fragment so severely, as well as to virtually cut itself in half.

As most are aware, this too has been a point of contention, and one which few have attempted to tackle and explain.

Headshot#1

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z313.jpg

Due to the angle at which the bullet nose encountered the inner table of the skull upon initial exit, portions of the nose of the bullet would have been, and were sheared from the bullet.

These severed fragments from the bullet nose are partially observed in Z313 as they travelled upwards and forward with their corresponding cerebral tissue spray and bone fragments.

Additionally, once this portion of the bullet nose was severed, encountering of the inner table of the skull would have caused the remaining deformed bullet to begin to deflect downwards.

It is further noted that the severed fragments from the nose of the bullet would have had the greatest velocity of any fragments as they have now escaped any additional impairment to their velocity.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

Trying an upload!

Hey Tom.

I find this to be a highly plausible and logical scenario - it also meshes well with the point I was trying to make elsewhere, as to a botched 'graze' shot. However, a few questions:

- You are calling this shot #2 - so preceeding shot to the head would have been the side entry? Just behind the ear?

- This is 'shot #2' however, the second 'headshot' - not necessarily the 'second' shot fired?

- Have you considered the angle/trajectory and managed to theorize as to the shooter's location based upon this 'graze' shot?

- Would the impact of this graze shot have flipped open the scalp forward, and created a fracture line at the top of the scalp itself?

- Would the resulting split round have been responsible for creating the dent in the chrome around the windshield? The blood on the windshield, Connally's wounds, etc.?

- When you mention a third shot - it sounds as if you are speaking to the shot in the back, as opposed to another head shot?

- How do you account for the blood/brain matter which struck Hargis & Chaney - is that the third shot?

- How do you account for the Parkland Doctor's witnessing the cavity at the rear of the head - is this associated with the first headshot?

- If Oswald allegedly fired three rounds, how does this fit into the grand scheme of things, given the multiple other accounts of bullets striking other locations, unless there was more than one shooter present? eg - sot that 'bucked up' the grass at the concrete skirt, shot that struck Elm, shot that struck the curb at Main st and wounded Tague - at a minimum?

- How are you accounting for the throat wound?

- What about the movement of the head - slightly forward from what we have available in the extant z-film footage - what accounts for the rearward jerk if not another shot following this one from the front?

I think that last one is the most significant for me anyway - since I know you doubt the existence of a shooter at the front.

Carry on - very interested...

- lee

Trying an upload!

Hey Tom.

I find this to be a highly plausible and logical scenario - it also meshes well with the point I was trying to make elsewhere, as to a botched 'graze' shot. However, a few questions:

- You are calling this shot #2 - so preceeding shot to the head would have been the side entry? Just behind the ear?

- This is 'shot #2' however, the second 'headshot' - not necessarily the 'second' shot fired?

- Have you considered the angle/trajectory and managed to theorize as to the shooter's location based upon this 'graze' shot?

- Would the impact of this graze shot have flipped open the scalp forward, and created a fracture line at the top of the scalp itself?

- Would the resulting split round have been responsible for creating the dent in the chrome around the windshield? The blood on the windshield, Connally's wounds, etc.?

- When you mention a third shot - it sounds as if you are speaking to the shot in the back, as opposed to another head shot?

- How do you account for the blood/brain matter which struck Hargis & Chaney - is that the third shot?

- How do you account for the Parkland Doctor's witnessing the cavity at the rear of the head - is this associated with the first headshot?

- If Oswald allegedly fired three rounds, how does this fit into the grand scheme of things, given the multiple other accounts of bullets striking other locations, unless there was more than one shooter present? eg - sot that 'bucked up' the grass at the concrete skirt, shot that struck Elm, shot that struck the curb at Main st and wounded Tague - at a minimum?

- What about the movement of the head - slightly forward from what we have available in the extant z-film footage - what accounts for the rearward jerk if not another shot following this one from the front?

I think that last one is the most significant for me anyway - since I know you doubt the existence of a shooter at the front.

- lee

One Step/shot back:

Shot#1

Fired in the vicinity of Z204/206.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/gregory1.htm

Mr. SPECTER - Do you know what the color was of the fragments in the wrist of the Governor, Dr. Gregory?

Dr. GREGORY - As I recall them they were lead colored, silvery, of that color. I did not recall them as being either brass or copper.

Mr. DULLES - Would this be consistent with a tumbling bullet or a bullet that had already tumbled and therefore entered back side too?

Dr. GREGORY - The wound of entrance is characteristic in my view of an irregular missile in this case, an irregular missile which has tipped itself off as being irregular by the nature of itself.

Mr. DULLES - What do you mean by irregular?

Dr. GREGORY - I mean one that has been distorted. It is in some way angular, it has edges or sharp edges or something of this sort. It is not rounded or pointed in the fashion of an ordinary missile. The irregularity of it also, I submit, tends to pick up organic material and carry it into the limb, and this is a very significant takeoff, in my opinion.

Mr. SPECTER - Have you now described all of the characteristics on the Governor's wrist which indicate either the point of entry or the point of exit?

Dr. GREGORY - There is one additional piece of information that is of pertinence but I don't know how effectively it can be applied to the nature of the missile. That is the fact that dorsal branch of the radial nerve, a sensory nerve in this immediate vicinity was partially transected together with one tendon leading to the thumb, which was totally transected.

This could have been produced by a missile entering in the ordinary fashion, undisturbed, undistorted. But again it is more in keeping with an irregular surface which would tend to catch and tear a structure rather than push it aside.

Dr. GREGORY - These items represent distorted bits of a missile, a jacket in one case, and part of a jacket and a lead core in the other.

These are missiles having the characteristics which I mentioned earlier, which tend to carry organic debris into wounds and tend to create irregular wounds of entry. One of these, it seems to me, could conceivably have produced the injury which the Governor incurred in his wrist.

Mr. DULLES - In his wrist?

Dr. GREGORY - Yes.

Mr. SPECTER - Well, if you assume that the trajectory through the President's head was represented by the path of a 6.5-mm. bullet which fragmented upon striking the skull, both the rear and again the top, is it possible that a fragment coming at the rate of 2,000 feet per second from the distance of approximately 160 to 250 feet, could have produced a fragment which then proceeded to strike the Governor's wrist and inflict the damage which you have heretofore described?

Dr. GREGORY - I think it is plausible that the bullet, having struck the President's head, may have broken into more than one fragment. I think you apprised me of the fact that it did, in fact, disperse into a number of fragments, and they took tangential directions from the original path apparently.

Dr. GREGORY - I think it is possible that a fragment from that particular missile may have escaped and struck the Governor's right arm.

Dr. GREGORY - Yes; I follow you. I would doubt it on the basis of the kind of wound that the Governor has. Now the kind of wound in the Governor's right forearm is the kind that indicates there was not an excessive amount of energy expended there, which means either that the missile producing it had dissipated much of its energy, either that or there was an impediment to it someplace else along the way.

Senator COOPER - I would just ask this question. In your long experience of treating wounds, you said some 500 wounds caused by bullets, have you acquired, through that. knowledge of ballistics and characteristics of bullets?

Dr. GREGORY - Within a very limited sphere.

Senator COOPER - I know your testimony indicates that.

Dr. GREGORY - I have been concerned with the behavior of missiles in contact with tissues, but I am not very knowledgeable about the design of a missile nor how many grains of powder there are behind it. My concern was with the dissipation of the energy which it carries and the havoc that it wreaks when it goes off.

Senator COOPER - You derived that knowledge from your actual study of wounds and their treatment?

Dr. GREGORY - Study of wounds together with what I have read from the Army proving grounds, various centers, for exploring this kind of thing. I don't own a gun myself.

http://www.jfklancer.com/pub/CE/CE569.JPG

http://www.jfklancer.com/pub/CE/CE567-b.JPG

Trying an upload!

Hey Tom.

- lee

Hey Tom.

Nope! The preceeding shot was shot#1/aka CE399 which only lodged into the back of JFK a short distance, with the small cone-shaped/flat-based 0.9grain/4.5mm width lead fragment which has disappeared from CE840 having come out the anterior throat of JFK due to have been sheared from the base of the bullet due to it's "base-first" impact with the right tranverse process of the C7 vertebrae.

Z313 is the SECOND SHOT fired in the assassination shot sequence. The "Shooter", whoever it was or was not, had approximately 5.6 to 5.9 seconds in which to re-acquire the target, which was most assuredly time enough for most anyone to do so utilizing the scope.

And, it was an "almost" miss as it was so high that had the Presidential Limo actually been driving a mile or two per hour slower, then the shot would have gone completely over the head of JFK.

The "back angle"/trajectory is totally consistant with a shot from the sixth floor of the TSDB. Add to that the fact that a portion of the copper jacket of this bullet, which was severely fragmented, was an exact ballistic match to the rifle found on the sixth floor, and that leaves little doubt that this shot absolutely came from that location.

Absolutely, and I will eventually get to that drawing as well.

Since I have never been able to find that "box" with the shot#3 data, as well as a portion of the shot#2/aka Z313 impact, I am having to more or less "wing" this and re-create the drawings.

Beyond any reasonable doubt! And, the "key" to all of this is what it takes for the relatively soft bone of the skull to basically cut a 6.5mm Carcano bullet in half.

Which I am also getting to.

The THIRD SHOT/aka that shot which occurred some 30-feet farther down Elm St., directly in front of James Altgens, is the SECOND shot to strike JFK in the head.

If we don't have another computer meltdown, hopefully we will get to that shot as well.

Personally, I would doubt that the third shot is responsible for having blown any cerebral tissue out the right hand side of the car due to the cross-angle of fire as well as JFK's head at the time of impact.

However, Altgens clearly testified that debri was blown in his direction.-

"There was flesh particles that flew out of the side of his head in my direction from where I was standing, so much so that it indicated to me that the shot came out of the left side of his head. Also, the fact that his head was covered with blood, the hairline included, on the left side all the way down, with no blood on his forehead or face"

As to the motorcycle cops "driving into" the cerebral spray/mist of the first headshot/aka Z313 imact, I have no doubts about this.

The spray was blown "upwards" by the force of the bullet fragments as well as the internal pressure within the skull cavity.

And, thereafter, not unlike rainfall, it had to fall somewhere.

So, driving into falling rain on a motorcycle is about like hitting a bug that may be only hovering.

The forward speed of the motorcycle would make it seem as if the debri/spray were "blown backwards" into one.

How do you account for the Parkland Doctor's witnessing the cavity at the rear of the head - is this associated with the first headshot?

Nope! The Last/Final shot down in front of James Altgens position. And, barring meltdown, I will redraw and demonstrate it, along with show where it can be found on the lateral X-ray as well.

- If Oswald (the shooter/whoever it was) allegedly fired three rounds, how does this fit into the grand scheme of things, given the multiple other accounts of bullets striking other locations, unless there was more than one shooter present? eg - sot that 'bucked up' the grass at the concrete skirt, shot that struck Elm, shot that struck the curb at Main st and wounded Tague - at a minimum?

Dealy plaza was examined multiple times, and although there are a wide variety of nicks, etc; on concrete curbs, as well as some old flaws in the top of the manhole cover, there has never been any confirmation of any other bullets found, as well as no indications of any found to have struck anywhere with the exception of the Tague hit.

As to shots that struck Elm St: First off, copper jacketed bullets do not create sparks, and, copper jacketed bullets striking tar asphalt, absolutely do not even stand the potential of forcing agregate (rocks with the ability to creat sparks) together to create a spark.

Mr. West and I discussed the multiple "search" for any such damage to streets and curbs, extensively.

He even provided me with some of those newspaper clippings which showed persons reaching down to the grass, etc;.

Yet, of his personal knowledge, other than the "Tague" curb strike, no other location was ever found in which it could be stated that a bullet struck.

And, bullets striking the ground/grass, would not create a "furrow" unless fired directly horizontal with the plane of the ground, as well as the fact that unless impaired in velocity, they would go so deep that one would not likely locate them without a shovel.

The anterior throat wound was created by the small 4.5mm width, cone-shaped; oval based lead fragment which was found in the left rear floorboard, and which fragment was squeezed out the base of CE 399 due to the external pressure/forces exerted onto the bullet as it passed through a tree limb of the live oak tree.

As CE399 progressively began to "collapse" it's copper jacket due to these external forces, this small protrusion, not unlike exactly what a tube of toothpaste does, forced this small portion of the lead core out the base of the bullet..

Due to the "base-first" attitude of the bullet at the time of impact (due to the loss of stabililty in flight and end-over-end tumbling rotation), this small lead fragment was sheared from the base of the bullet due to impact with the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae. Thereafter to exit the throat and thusly creat the reported 3mm to 5mm wound.

It should be further noted that this fragment, although weighed and photographed by Robert Frazier, disappeared from the FBI Ballistics Laboratory, and was removed by none other than William Sullivan.

Additionally, the copper jacket at the base of CE399 clearly demonstrated the impact damage created into the base of the bullet due to this impact with the vertebrae.

However, at some point in time between when CE399 was given to the National Archives and the HSCA investigation, someone with access to the evidence, physically removed that portion of the copper jacket which covers a portion of the base of the bullet. Thus removing evidence of this impact.

It is absolutely no coincidence that the base of CE399 measures exactly 4mm X 7mm, and the "punch-type" wound of entry into the back of JFK also measures 4mm X 7mm.

Due to the problems with the Zapruder film, it would be difficult to fully explain what we "think" we often see.

However, the entire forward force of the bullet at shot#2/aka Z313 is being exerted forward against the skull at a given point.

Which by all known standards should make the head immediately move forward to an extent.

Thereafter, when the "skull cap" section of JFK's head, as well as that skull bone in the frontal lobe region is removed as a result of the bullet, then the intense internal pressure inside the skull as a result of the bullet, is released.

Release of any such force, creates a "kickback" force, in which the only movable portion of JFK was his neck.

Therefore, I personally have little difficulty in seeing that there should be an initial "forward thrust" of some appreciable degree, followed by an immediate and completely obvious "kickback" as the proverbial "jet effect" forces JFK's neck to yield and thus cause the head to go to the rear.

- lee

There may have been a dozen other shooters for all that I know.

However, the forensic; ballistic; pathological; and physical evidence indicates that JFK was struck by three shots, as well as the fact that all of these shots were fired from the rear and from a higher elevation.

Those who "fell for" and believed the WC scenario of Z313 being the last shot fired are the ones who have had to come up with other assassins to explain what they did not take the time to research.

LHO was an excellent shot! So, even if I were to attempt to frame someone else, I most assuredly would not be dumb enough to attempt to frame someone who was a poor shot, for what was still a relatively good shooting feat.

Mr. Spock would declare that as being completely "Illogical".

For the soft bone of the skull to effectively "cut" a 6.5mm Carcano Bullet in half, that bullet would have to be travelling

with it's long axis at close to a 90-degree angle to the resistance force of the skull bone.

That this is totally consistent with portions of the autopy information is also evident that as a portion of the nose sheared from the bullet, that the bullet then turned it's "jagged" nose down and tore through the cerebral tissue of the upper lobes of the brain.

http://www.jfklancer.com/pub/CE/CE569.JPG