The Education Forum

Zfilm Revisited

There are 2 frames in this animation. (101+167)

Zapruder had stopped filming sometime between these frames. (If you believe so)

I find it rather amazing when he started filming again and gets to frame 167, his camera position is a 1 degree counterclockwise difference, from where he was at frame 101.

Again, what are the chances?

You might take a look at solid objects that line up, one in particular is the black-hat gentleman in the foreground. It appears he's the most solid object out there.

The sign would be another, primarily the pole.

More to come

chris

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 frames in this animation. (101+167)

Zapruder had stopped filming sometime between these frames. (If you believe so)

I find it rather amazing when he started filming again and gets to frame 167, his camera position is a 1 degree counterclockwise difference, from where he was at frame 101.

Again, what are the chances?

You might take a look at solid objects that line up, one in particular is the black-hat gentleman in the foreground. It appears he's the most solid object out there.

The sign would be another, primarily the pole.

More to come

chris

KUTGW, Chris....

Chris,

While your at it,take a look at frame number 302 & 303.

302 is blurry while 303 is more clear.This could be where there is foul play.

Edited by Michael Crane

Chris...do you have the CBS Cronkite/Rather documentary? If so, will you do a frame grab

of Zapruder being interviewed by Eddie Barker? I have a vague remembrance that the Zapruder

being interviewed by Barker does not look like the Zapruder who was interviewed on 11-22 in

the studio by Jay Watson.

This request is not limited to Chris. Anyone who has the video and can grab a frame, please

do so.

Thanks.

Jack

Michael,

I can't say whether that is peculiar or not.

The reason being, even with my B/H 414 movies I would get adjacent frames that were blurry.

Jack,

I'll post the Zapruder's for you next.

Wanted to throw these photos out.

They are composite time lapse frames of Zapruder's film and my film of a car traveling DOWNHILL on Elm St.

I do believe there is a stark difference between the two.

Remember, we're supposed to be filming a car going downhill.

I've also created a Quicktime movie of these frames, but am trying to get it small/universal for all to see.

chris

Very interesting...

I can't help but wonder if some MPI work isn't involved in this, somewhere. They may have introduced some (intentional or otherwise) angle corrections when they aligned their frames (such as it is -- they did a horrific job, complete with missing and mis-numbered frames...).

Chris...do you have the CBS Cronkite/Rather documentary? If so, will you do a frame grab

of Zapruder being interviewed by Eddie Barker? I have a vague remembrance that the Zapruder

being interviewed by Barker does not look like the Zapruder who was interviewed on 11-22 in

This request is not limited to Chris. Anyone who has the video and can grab a frame, please

do so.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack,

My copy of the CBS special is poor quality B/W.

Here is the best I have.

I know it was broadcast in color, but someone else will have to supply that.

chris

Very interesting...

I can't help but wonder if some MPI work isn't involved in this, somewhere. They may have introduced some (intentional or otherwise) angle corrections when they aligned their frames (such as it is -- they did a horrific job, complete with missing and mis-numbered frames...).

Frank,

I had the same thought too while I was working on it.

The only thing I could think of, was to compare the MPI frames with frames from a lot earlier time.

I chose the frames that were printed in the 1966 edition of Life magazine. They included the sprocket holes.

Here are two different animations from two different frames.

I see no differences between them. If this is a reasonable comparison.

chris

do so.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack,

My copy of the CBS special is poor quality B/W.

Here is the best I have.

I know it was broadcast in color, but someone else will have to supply that.

chris

Thanks, Chris. He looks more gaunt in the later version.

Jack

Very interesting...

You are correct, Frank ... but don't start thinking logical here or else you'll spoil the fun. One must smile when they hear 'this or that should not have happened'. You'll see no comparison examples such as the Rick Janowitz film from Zapruder's pedestal ... instead just off-the-cuff opinions without any data to support it.

Very interesting...

You are correct, Frank ... but don't start thinking logical here or else you'll spoil the fun. One must smile when they hear 'this or that should not have happened'. You'll see no comparison examples such as the Rick Janowitz film from Zapruder's pedestal ... instead just off-the-cuff opinions without any data to support it.

what are you droning on about now? Do try to stay on point... "Off-the-cuff opinions", you have the gall to say THAT? You're still bucking for that 6th floor museum job aren't ya?

Very interesting...

Frank,

I had the same thought too while I was working on it.

The only thing I could think of, was to compare the MPI frames with frames from a lot earlier time.

I chose the frames that were printed in the 1966 edition of Life magazine. They included the sprocket holes.

Here are two different animations from two different frames.

I see no differences between them. If this is a reasonable comparison.

chris

there's a laundry list of MPI errors when it comes to the Zapruder film project DVD... perhaps Miller can do something constructive for a change and have Gary Mack provide the that MPI list of errors. Gary Mack knows each and every one of them....

Edited by David G. Healy

there's a laundry list of MPI errors when it comes to the Zapruder film project DVD... perhaps Miller can do something constructive for a change and have Gary Mack provide the that MPI list of errors. Gary Mack knows each and every one of them....

David, you just told us that such a list of errors exist, so why not YOU post all the errors you know instead of leaving it up to someone else to finish your response.

Thanks!