The Education Forum

Loran E. Hall

Has Willaim Seymour's HSCA interview been released yet?

I don't think it has. It is due to be released in 2017. Seymour is still alive but unlike Hemming and he has never been willing to talk to researchers although he does read this forum.

I think the hostility shown by people like Hall, Seymour and Plumlee towards Hemming is significant. In an interview with Alan J. Weberman in April 1977, about Gerry P. Hemming, Hall stated that "Hemming is a CIA punk, OK? I've known the SOB for fourteen years. He turned his own goddam crews in so he wouldn't have to go to Cuba. He's fingered me on my own goddam deals and caused me to get arrested."

I suspect that Hemming was involved in setting-up Hall and Seymour. I wonder what he meant when he said: "He turned his own goddam crews in so he wouldn't have to go to Cuba."

John,

Serious consideration should be taken in ruling out Steve Wilson as FBI informant MM-T1. Is it in any way possible to establish a date for the event Hall mentioned?

- lee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Mr. Boylan's post, it is very interesting.

David, I am not sure of the basis for your first point and your last. Could you elaborate on those please.

Also, is your point that he was in Dallas on the day of the assassination based on any other infoermation than Hemming's claims to that effect? I think Hall claimed he was in LA on November 22nd.

Tim,

Hall mentioned twice (that I'm aware of) that he was going to harrass LHO. He told Dick Russell in The Man Who Knew Too Much and during his HSCA testimony.

And if my memory is not failing, he was asked by Harold Weisberg when Weisberg interviewed Hall in 1968, about the last time he saw Larry Howard. He replied that he hadn't seen Howard in a long time because Howard was mad at him for not returning the letter from Ray.

Hall did say he was not in Dallas on November 22. He was in Dallas 6 or 7 times previously during 1963. He was there during the end of September and came back again in October. He had picked up a trailer full of rifles in California from Clint Wheat. He, Howard and Celio Castro Alba left the rifles with oil geologist Lester Logue in Dallas then proceded on to Miami. He came back in Oct with Seymour to retrieve them. My educated guess is that he left the rifles in Dallas so that they could converted rfom semi-auto to full auto by John Thomas Masen. Oh and they had medical supplies from California.

The med supplies were stored in Harry Dean's garage. I'm sure Harry could add some detail here.

Gabaldon requested I keep the meds where I lived, in a rural area. We moved the goods to his

El Monte, City residence just prior to the others tripping them toward No Name Key. There are

pics of some of it.

Gabaldon requested I keep the meds where I lived, in a rural area. We moved the goods to his

El Monte, City residence just prior to the others tripping them toward No Name Key. There are

pics of some of it. (Harry Dean)

Is this them, Harry?

James

Is this them, Harry?

James

James

Yes it is them. One of Hemmings last post on the Forum stated that

these same supplies ended in Castro's hands.

Do you know the tragic {to me} details of Hemming's report?

Thanks James.

Harry

Is this them, Harry?

James

James

Thanks James.

Harry

Harry,

I do remember GPH saying that but I do not have any details. Sorry.

James

Is this them, Harry?

James

James

Thanks James.

Harry

Hey Harry:

Here is Gerry's post.....from Oct.2005

Best B.....

Juan ARQUIAGA was NEVER Fidel's "top-ordnance man". He was later forced to go to Peru in failed attempts to manufacture his worthless sub-machine gun design. He couldn't go to Havana because during 1958 he was the one who wasted "M-26-Julio" money on Mannlicher-Carcano carbines; which were later flown into Manzanillo, Oriente on the C-46 piloted by Guillermo Verdaguer.

Later, some of these M/Carcanos were the bait to be used by Sturgis/Fiorini, Crozier & Wiecha [CIA Santiago Base] in a "stalking-horse" scheme to assassinate Fidel in Minas del Frio, Sierra Maestra.

Dumb-ass Sturgis [and the CIA officers] were later pissed off when they discovered that the "hit" was to be carried out by B-26 Bombers & F-47D "Thunderbolt" Fighter aircraft; and would have killed all of them along with Fidel & company !!

The "medical supplies" were from John Bircher doctors and dentists, and were "samples" commonly fronted to physicians to garner future purchases or R/Xs of those brand named products.

"Guy" Gabaldon was Larry Howard's buddy, gained fame from a movie about his WWII Japanese linguistic capabilities [raised by Isei, Nisei folks in East Los Angeles]; and blew off Hall at their singular meeting due to Hall's foul mouth -- even fouler than mine !!

ALL of the medical "samples" were later shipped to Cuba, for the families then desperately in need of same. Of course the Fidel folks purloined their percentage for later "sale' to the misbegotten.

While Hall had only shaken Logue's hand during 30 seconds of presence [January 1963], he was never knowledgeable of Dr. Robert Morris; that is until his FBI handlers gave him a script and sent him out to all of my contacts [better, who they then thought were my VIP contacts !!]

The Dallas FBI/CIA wanted Hall to continue on safely to Miami in order to set up the Masferrer types for later arrest.

Gerry

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...amp;#entry42524

Edited by Bernice Moore

Is this them, Harry?

James

James

Thanks James.

Harry

Hey Harry:

Here is Gerry's post.....from Oct.2005

Best B.....

Juan ARQUIAGA was NEVER Fidel's "top-ordnance man". He was later forced to go to Peru in failed attempts to manufacture his worthless sub-machine gun design. He couldn't go to Havana because during 1958 he was the one who wasted "M-26-Julio" money on Mannlicher-Carcano carbines; which were later flown into Manzanillo, Oriente on the C-46 piloted by Guillermo Verdaguer.

Later, some of these M/Carcanos were the bait to be used by Sturgis/Fiorini, Crozier & Wiecha [CIA Santiago Base] in a "stalking-horse" scheme to assassinate Fidel in Minas del Frio, Sierra Maestra.

Dumb-ass Sturgis [and the CIA officers] were later pissed off when they discovered that the "hit" was to be carried out by B-26 Bombers & F-47D "Thunderbolt" Fighter aircraft; and would have killed all of them along with Fidel & company !!

The "medical supplies" were from John Bircher doctors and dentists, and were "samples" commonly fronted to physicians to garner future purchases or R/Xs of those brand named products.

"Guy" Gabaldon was Larry Howard's buddy, gained fame from a movie about his WWII Japanese linguistic capabilities [raised by Isei, Nisei folks in East Los Angeles]; and blew off Hall at their singular meeting due to Hall's foul mouth -- even fouler than mine !!

ALL of the medical "samples" were later shipped to Cuba, for the families then desperately in need of same. Of course the Fidel folks purloined their percentage for later "sale' to the misbegotten.

While Hall had only shaken Logue's hand during 30 seconds of presence [January 1963], he was never knowledgeable of Dr. Robert Morris; that is until his FBI handlers gave him a script and sent him out to all of my contacts [better, who they then thought were my VIP contacts !!]

The Dallas FBI/CIA wanted Hall to continue on safely to Miami in order to set up the Masferrer types for later arrest.

Gerry

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...amp;#entry42524

Hi, Bernice

Thanks for the info. re; medicals via Hemming. Will shoot an e-mail signal re;

other statements above.

Harry

• 3 years later...

In his book, The Road to Dallas, David Kaiser claims that Loran Hall was involved in the assassination of JFK:

<snip>

Kaiser argues that research carried out by the FBI on behalf of the Warren Commission discovered that Leopoldo was Hall. However, Hall, claimed Leon was not Oswald. The author, Anthony Summers, suggests that the visit had "been a deliberate ploy to link Junta Revolucionaria, a left-wing exile group, with the assassination". Hall later gave evidence before the Select House Committee on Assassinations and denied he had told the FBI that he had visited Odio on 25th September, 1963.

What do members think about the involvement of Loran Hall?

John, I believe this thread ended too early. Kaiser's logic was influenced by the Blakey epoch in mafia-centric theories. The problem with such theories was their myopia, i.e. they could not see far beyond the mafia.

Your thread picked up substantial steam with the appearance of Harry Dean, but instead of following Dean's logic, the thread kept snapping back to Kaiser's logic. Now, the thread is about Loran Hall, not about David Kaiser, so I feel justified in abandoning Kaiser's dead end and picking up the fresh tracks revealed by Harry Dean.

The key to Loran Hall's involvement in the JFK assassination isn't the mafia -- mostly big-talkers, money-throwers and snub-nose hit-men. The key is Hall's connection to genuine men of action -- ex-military men with right-wing fantasies and personal grudges against Kennedy.

Enter resigned General Edwin A. Walker, the only U.S. General to have resigned in the 20th century. He resigned out of protest of the JFK Administration. (Actually, Walker tried to resign in protest of the Eisenhower Administration in 1959, but Eisenhower denied his request. Walker was bitter that his efforts in Korea were not plainly victorious, and he blamed Eisenhower for collaboration with the Communists, following Robert Welch's theory in The Politician (1956) which openly accused Eisenhower and his brother of being Communists.)

Loran Hall's connections to General Walker are also documented by Harry Dean through their mutual connection, the John Birch Society (JBS). Like many right-wing groups of the early 1960's, the JBS frequently hired public speakers to whip up their crowds. Loran Hall was one of these public speakers, and Harry Dean would often attend JBS meetings in which Loran Hall gave a lecture.

Another favorite speaker for the JBS was General Walker. After Walker resigned from the Army he took up public speaking as a career -- and made a lot of money with it.

Anyway, in 1963 Harry Dean was operating underground for the FBI, spying on the JBS in Southern California.

Loran Hall, John Rousselot, Harry Dean, General Walker and a few others would meet together at exclusive JBS meetings in 1963 where the assassination of Kennedy was discussed. That in itself is not very significant, because perhaps thousands of of such gripe sessions took place all over the U.S. in those months. What made these particular JBS meetings so interesting, however, is that they actively named Lee Harvey Oswald to be their patsy.

This is what makes the JBS-Walker-Hall-Rousselot meetings front and center in U.S. history. Of all the perhaps hundreds of JFK assassination plots in the country, including those by Cuban exiles, the Mafia, ex-CIA rogues, ex-FBI rogues, Russian exiles, German exiles, and so on, only one of them actually carried it off. The one that carried it off was the one that took extraordinary steps to make Lee Harvey Oswald into the patsy.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

He tried to resign in 1959.

Could you elaborate on that, please, Paul?

He tried to resign in 1959.

Could you elaborate on that, please, Paul?

Sure, John. General Edwin A. Walker had been the commander of the Arkansas Military District for only seven weeks when he was ordered by President Eisenhower to take Federalized troops into Little Rock High School to force them to implement racial integration against their will.

Over a hundred members of the local PTA blocked nine black children on their way to school on September 19, 1957, and threatened them with violence if they didn't go home. Yet the city had also assigned the nine black children to go to that high school in obedience to a Supreme Court ruling on this very topic. Pushing the envelope of the Brown v. Board of Education case, signed by Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren, President Eisenhower said he would make it into a Federal case.

Eisenhower ordered Little Rock High to integrate, or else. Governor Oral Faubas had called out the Arkansas National Guard as well as the State Police to keep law and order as he saw fit. Eisenhower then Federalized the Arkansas National Guard, the State Police, and the Reserves, and furthermore ordered local Army troops to join them all to enforce the New Law.

(It was about this time that people started to display bumber stickers saying, "Impeach Earl Warren!")

General Edwin A. Walker was ordered to command all these Troops to integrate the school. He resisted. He didn't object to racial integration, he said, if that's what The People want to do. But forced racial integration was, he said, Un-American. States had rights, too, he said, guaranteed by the Constitution. However, President Eisenhower rejected this logic.

Being Commander in Chief, Eisenhower commanded Walker to carry out these orders, and Walker reluctantly - but efficiently - did as he was ordered to do.

The Troops stayed in Little Rock through most of 1958. Then, in 1959, General Walker had a meeting with a right-wing extremist named Robert Welch. Robert Welch had recently published his "black book" which is entitled, The Politician. In that book, Robert Welch "proved" that Eisenhower and his brother Milton, were "confirmed Communists."

That was enough for General Walker. That explained everything to him. He didn't want to serve under a Communist, so he tendered his resignation to the U.S. Army immediately. (Remember, when an officer resigns, instead of retires, he forfeits his pension.)

Walker was aware of that -- and he had no other career than Army officer. And he had no other visible means of support. Yet rather than have any contact with Communists, he would give up his pension and trust in God to find some other way to live.

Eisenhower just tore up the resignation, and flatly denied it. Instead, he gave Walker a promotion to serve over the 24th Infantry Division in Augsburg, Germany. He would have more than 12,000 troops under his command. Walker accepted the job in late 1959.

Some people who would serve under Walker there would be Larrie Schmidt, Bernard Weismann, Jack Martin, and possibly, in secrecy, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Oswald serving in Germany? Can you elaborate?

Well, Norman, this story comes from Jim Root (on this Forum) and Gerry Patrick Hemming (formerly on this Forum). They agreed that General Edwin Walker instructed Lee Harvey Oswald on methods to get into the USSR. So, Oswald didn't exactly serve in Germany, but he only passed through Western Europe on his way to Russia, and met General Walker briefly on the way. That story comes from good sources, so I'm inclined to include it in my theory.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

OK, so getting back to Loran Hall. This semester I'm studying the career of former Major General Edwin A. Walker in minute detail (with H.W. Brands at UT Austin) and one of the things that stumps historians today is the whereabouts of Walker from May, 1963 until October, 1963.

Walker was a public figure who liked the limelight. When Walker left the Army in November 1961 he didn't retire, he resigned, probably to make himself a martyr in the eyes of the public (and to evoke images of General Douglas MacArthur whom Truman dismissed in 1951).

Starting in December, 1961, Walker gave right-wing speeches to right-wing audiences, and joined Billy James Hargis in his public tours as well. He looked forward to his Senate Subcommittee testimony in April, 1962, and hoped that Douglas MacArthur would also appear at those hearings to give Walker a boost. (MacArthur didn't show; instead, G.L. Rockwell of the American Nazi Party appeared!)

Walker also wanted to be Governor of Texas, but he came in last in 1962 (far behind Yarbrough and Connally). But Walker didn't give up the limelight. When Governor Barnett of Mississippi publicly opposed the admittance of James Meredith into Oxford University on racial grounds, Walker pushed himself into the limelight.

After JFK ordered State troops onto the Oxford campus to enforce the law, Walker got on the radio and called for "10,000 strong from every State in the Union" to join him on the Oxford campus to protest this violation of States' rights. This turned into a riot with (according to H.W. Brands) 300 wounded and 2 killed.

Walker was going to be in the limelight again because he was arrested the next day and RFK made a big deal about it. But when the Grand Jury in Mississippi heard Walker's side of the story in November 1962 through January 1963, they decided to drop all charges against Walker.

Now free again, Walker hired lawyers to sue every newspaper who said bad things about him during the Oxford riots, plus he also joined with Billy James Hargis again from February 1963 through April 7th, 1963, in their Midnight Ride speaking tour from coast-to-coast.

Clearly, Edwin A. Walker loved to be in the limelight. He felt most invigorated when the national news media fussed over him.

HOWEVER - after Walker narrowly escaped death when Oswald (allegedly) tried to shoot him at his home on April 10th, 1963, Walker changed dramatically. He quickly dropped out of the national news media limelight.

Where's Walker? He was hard to find.

This is why the information from Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and Harry Dean remains so important for historians. These men, and those who traveled with them, claim to have seen General Walker operating underground so to speak.

Walker was sighted in Cuban Exile training camps in Florida, in Louisiana, and perhaps other places still to be disclosed.

Walker was sighted in secret meetings of the John Birch Society in Covina, California.

Loran Hall is unavailable to interviewers, and so is Gerry Patrick Hemming. While Hemming was part of this Forum, it seems to me that he was not alloted enough patience on the part of some members as he attempted to share his knowledge. Impatience was the keynote of perhaps most of the responses he received. That just wasted lots of time -- and Hemming didn't have much time left when he joined this Forum.

To the best of my knowledge, the only member of that crowd that ran with Loran Hall in 1963 that this fortunate Forum can still interview is Harry Dean. Now, although Harry is an educated, professional businessman and former FBI operative with tons of valuable information, he is not a professional writer or a professional researcher. Therefore, we should treat his posts with patience and respect, and even some generosity, as we attempt to piece together the roles that Loran and Walker played in the greatest murder mystery of the 20th century.

Where was General Walker from May until October, 1963? Official history has very little to go on. That's why this Forum, in threads like this one, has a special role to play for historians. We can finally reconstruct the major events leading up to Novemver 22, 1963 in Dallas.

We should not be surprised to learn that the right-wing in Dallas (and associated cities) formed the center of the cyclone.

I've been trying to find out more and more about Loran Hall. There are some tabloid articles about Hall in 1968 that are mildly interesting (mainly because they have photographs), but historians have little to go on.

I've read some of the material Loran Hall shared with Jim Garrison. Also some material Hall shared with Edwin Meese. There is also a little bit on Hall in the HSCA Hearing records. But where is the largest cache of information about Loran Hall?

To repeat: Harry Dean says that Loran Hall, Lawrence Howard, Congressman John Rousselot, General Edwin Walker, war-hero Guy Gabaldon and Harry Dean met in September, 1963, to explain how to make Lee Harvey Oswald a patsy.

Harry Dean's story is the exact same story that Loran Hall tried to tell Garrison and Meese (as I read it).

This is the path to follow, IMHO, to finally solve the JFK assassination mystery.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo