The Education Forum

parade route question

Anyone know where the motorcade was at 12:10 and if there were any good sniper locations at that point?

Greg,

I seem to remember reading somewhere that at about 12:10, the motorcade was making a turn from Lemmon Ave onto Turtle Creek Boulevard.

James

Anyone know where the motorcade was at 12:10 and if there were any good sniper locations at that point?

Greg,

I seem to remember reading somewhere that at about 12:10, the motorcade was making a turn from Lemmon Ave onto Turtle Creek Boulevard.

James

Thanks James!

Now the other part... anyone know if there was a good sniper location on that turn?

This relates to the Oxnard call.... caller first said JFK would be hit at 12:10, then when that time elapsed without incident, it was amended to 12:30.

I may have some speculation to make about that call sometime soon, based on the available info on it. I don't think the woman was crazy, as suggested by the telephone operators who listened in.

But then, you just may think I'm crazy when you see what I'm going with it... :wacko:

James,

Greg,

James

You have a damn good memory.

From the Channel 2 transcripts:

12:05: Captain Souter, " Now on Lemon near Loma Alto"

Curry instructs: "Cut traffic at Oak Lawn"

George Lumpkin: "We got a pretty good crown down here at Turtle Creek."

Curry instructs Lumpkin to "get the traffic off it."

Dispatcher: "Are you approaching Oak Lawn?"

Curry: "We're about a block away at Knight St."

Souter: "On Lemon now."

Curry: "Crossing Oak Lawn."

Dispatcher: "The ambulances have arrived and are standing by." 12:11

Curry: "Just turning off Turtle Creek."

Dispatcher: "Just turning off onto Turtle Creek off Lemon."

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol23_0471b.htm

Steve Thomas

James,
Greg,

James

You have a damn good memory.

From the Channel 2 transcripts:

12:05: Captain Souter, " Now on Lemon near Loma Alto"

Curry instructs: "Cut traffic at Oak Lawn"

George Lumpkin: "We got a pretty good crown down here at Turtle Creek."

Curry instructs Lumpkin to "get the traffic off it."

Dispatcher: "Are you approaching Oak Lawn?"

Curry: "We're about a block away at Knight St."

Souter: "On Lemon now."

Curry: "Crossing Oak Lawn."

Dispatcher: "The ambulances have arrived and are standing by." 12:11

Curry: "Just turning off Turtle Creek."

Dispatcher: "Just turning off onto Turtle Creek off Lemon."

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol23_0471b.htm

Steve Thomas

Thank you, Steve.

Does anyone have an opinion whether any buildings around this corner would have provided a good sniper location?

I don't know the identity of the Oxnard caller, and that will probably remain a mystery... but I think I have solved her "affiliations" and just what her call was all about.

Stay tuned and buckle up... we are about to enter the X-Files...

Greg,

I guess the question begs here, was the motorcade running on time at this point?

The other interesting aspect here is that I also remember reading that at about 12:20, the motorcade stopped on Ervay Street for a brief time. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the U.S. Post Office located on Ervay, where Oswald rented P.O. Box 2915?

James

Greg,

I guess the question begs here, was the motorcade running on time at this point?

The other interesting aspect here is that I also remember reading that at about 12:20, the motorcade stopped on Ervay Street for a brief time. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the U.S. Post Office located on Ervay, where Oswald rented P.O. Box 2915?

James

James,

yes, I did think about whether the motorcade was running on time. I do know that it was announced over the radio that it was running 5 minutes late (Mrs Reid was phoned by her husband with the news). Don't know if that would have been reported in California - or exactly what time it was reported even in Dallas. It is possible the information could have been relayed, but I don't find it all that likely that it was.

Let's assume for a minute that the lady did not know it was running late. If on time, at 12:30, it was due at the Trade Mart. There is little doubt that a sniper could have made the hit at that location. What this might suggest is that the woman knew the hit was on, but not all the details about where along the route it might be made.

I think the Oxnard report is one of the more compelling documents there is supporting foreknowledge. This due to how quickly the call was reported, and the seeming good character of those doing the reporting -- along with no known reason for making it up.

• 2 months later...
Greg,

James

James,

yes, I did think about whether the motorcade was running on time. I do know that it was announced over the radio that it was running 5 minutes late (Mrs Reid was phoned by her husband with the news). Don't know if that would have been reported in California - or exactly what time it was reported even in Dallas. It is possible the information could have been relayed, but I don't find it all that likely that it was.

Let's assume for a minute that the lady did not know it was running late. If on time, at 12:30, it was due at the Trade Mart. There is little doubt that a sniper could have made the hit at that location. What this might suggest is that the woman knew the hit was on, but not all the details about where along the route it might be made.

I think the Oxnard report is one of the more compelling documents there is supporting foreknowledge. This due to how quickly the call was reported, and the seeming good character of those doing the reporting -- along with no known reason for making it up.

Greg, I am very interested in the Oxnard Call. I read your work sometime last week, I think, about radionics. I cannot locate this info. Could you give me a link?

Kathy C

... Now the other part... anyone know if there was a good sniper location on that turn?

Check out Google Street View. This is intersection of Lemmon and Oak Lawn. Of course, there could be many changes in 45 years ...!

• 13 years later...

I recall reading about a man coming out on the street approaching the limo and he was tackled by SS agents or something to that effect. I could be mistaken but I think it may have been somewhere around Lemmon Avenue on the motorcade route. Think this incident could be related to the speculation here on this thread?

I've read about a man coming out on the street but I don't remember where.  Here in another back thread maybe?  I thought there was something about the guy trying to warn JFK.  Don't remember either if he was tackled or grabbed and pulled back by the SS or DPD or the location.  For some reason I thought it was along main street.

The thing no one in this thread mentions is from Steve Thomas post above.

"Dispatcher:  The Ambulances have arrived and are standing by."  12:11.

Huh!  What's up with that?  Standing by where, for what, for whom?  Why Ambulance(s)?

22 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Could it be that the ambulance was the one in Dealey Plaza that had to leave with the epileptic seizure guy just before the motorcade arrived? I think I read that about the guy rushing toward the limo in the book The Lonestar Speaks. I'll have to try and find it again in there.

I don't think so, first, the dispatcher says AmbulanceS.  Then, They are standing by. at 12:11. 

If I remember right the one ambulance coming from I think Parkland for the seizure guy, who disappeared, arrived and took him away nearer 12:20-25.  It was 5 minutes away, and it wasn't waiting but responded to a call. 

This is odd in itself and that I don't recall anyone noting or discussing it before.  Maybe I just missed it.