The Education Forum

Phil Willis Reflection

Chris Davidson

If I take a photograph, the camera lens will always end up as the center of my photo.

Which means I (the picture taker) should always end up in the center of my photograph.

Red arrows point to Willis' shadow in Z and the supposed reflection of Willis' shadow from his photo.

#2 is the center of my photograph which should be Willis.

Where is Willis' shadow reflection which should connect back to him?

#1 has the longest and only reflective shadow running back to it.

#1 has their legs spread apart so that longest reflective shadow does not belong to Willis who did not have his legs apart. Movie provided

Yet, the shadow from Willis in Z, is the longest in the street.

If I use the motorcycle reflections and #1 as endmarks from the Willis photo, and assume the spread legs

belong to the lady (which they do not) then Willis' reflective shadow should appear between these two points.

chris

If I take a photograph, the camera lens will always end up as the center of my photo.

Which means I (the picture taker) should always end up in the center of my photograph.

Red arrows point to Willis' shadow in Z and the supposed reflection of Willis' shadow from his photo.

#2 is the center of my photograph which should be Willis.

Where is Willis' shadow reflection which should connect back to him?

#1 has the longest and only reflective shadow running back to it.

#1 has their legs spread apart so that longest reflective shadow does not belong to Willis who did not have his legs apart. Movie provided

Yet, the shadow from Willis in Z, is the longest in the street.

If I use the motorcycle reflections and #1 as endmarks from the Willis photo, and assume the spread legs

belong to the lady (which they do not) then Willis' reflective shadow should appear between these two points.

chris

Larger:

Edited by Robin Unger

Jack, that is about where his head would be. imo

I put your red dot about where his head should be and the rightside arrow where his legs are.

Don, the orientation of reflection shadow to lane divider matches Z, but that reflection shadow connects back to someone whose legs are spread apart.

Another observation, Willis is a little further downhill from the limo when he takes the picture. The red dot and arrow I believe are indicative of his position as they

are almost in line with Jack and Jackie.

IOW, you would probably take a picture just as they were passing you by.

chris

Don, the orientation of reflection shadow to lane divider matches Z, but that reflection shadow connects back to someone whose legs are spread apart.

chris

The angle of reflectivity shows the man with his legs apart who was standing just east of Willis ... no big mystery to me.

Bill Miller

Chris,

chris

Is the woman in black on Willis' left Mrs. Willis?

The reason I ask is that it appears to me that she drops a handkerchief right around the time of Rosemary Willis headsnap.

Steve Thomas

Chris,

chris

The reason I ask is that it appears to me that she drops a handkerchief right around the time of Rosemary Willis headsnap.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

I don't see anything dropping from either woman.

Can you be more specific in specifying the location of the handkerchief?

Since were talking about the Z film at this point in time, I guess that cowboy outfit (red arrows) was rather popular back in the day.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it was the same guy. Love the animation.

Might take a look at the woman in the brown skirt and light blue jean jacket walking towards/behind Willis.

Left hand up to the ear and right hand to the mouth, as if she is in radio contact.

Funny how she doesn't appear in the Dorman movie.

chris

Chris,

chris

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Since were talking about the Z film at this point in time, I guess that cowboy outfit (red arrows) was rather popular back in the day.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it was the same guy. Love the animation.

Might take a look at the woman in the brown skirt and light blue jean jacket walking towards/behind Willis.

Left hand up to the ear and right hand to the mouth, as if she is in radio contact.

Funny how she doesn't appear in the Dorman movie.

chris

Thanks for the loop, Chris. Allows looking at different areas over and over. The woman

behind Willis is very odd...walking with both hands to her head.

I defy you to match any of this to Dorman...especially Tina Towner and Betzner. Several

people appear in one and not the other. The railroad man is in the wrong place. Jim Towner

was very tall and is not seen, though short Tina is.

Jack

Chris,

Thanks anyway. I've looked at the film a couple of times today, and I'm not seeing what I thought I'd seen before.

*shrug*

Steve Thomas