The Education Forum

Clearing some things up.

A few years back, I did a photographic comparison showing a man positioned at the corner of Main and Houston with Rip Robertson.

The quality of the images were not ideal but there was a strong resemblance. This was also supported with information I attained that Robertson was in Dealey Plaza that day and had coordinated a team which participated in the shooting.

The information regarding Robertson and his team is solid. I was also able to get support for this via a family member of the Cuban exile involved.

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to work with a family member and an associate of another infamous exile and they cast doubt on the man in Dealey Plaza being Robertson. Photo's I have subsequently seen of Robertson also suggest it is not him.

Anyway, these folk thought he looked awfully familiar and gave me an interesting image, the man in question I have cropped and compared to the Dealey Plaza spectator. Since then, things turned south and these contacts have closed up shop. This all in a few days.

That aside, I present the man in question here. Again, the image is not great quality and I know we can't be definitive but I ask forum members if they think there is a chance these men are one in the same.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

James

Well James, apart from Welcome Back, that's intriguing.

Hello James,

Nice to hear from you. When you ask if there "...is a chance these men are one in the same," my answer is yes. It looks to me like the man in the photo you posted is several years younger than the Houston & Elm figure. But in this novice's opinion, they certainly could be the same individual at different ages. Pretty interesting info - thanks for sharing it.

Hope things are well with you.

Cheers,

Greg :lol:

Thanks to everyone for your responses and kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

I should have mentioned that there would be about 5 years difference in the images (1958-1963).

I guess I'm just looking for a possibility that they are one in the same at the moment as I plan to take this a step further which may prove rather interesting. To that end, this image below is the uncropped version.

That is Ivan Vidal on the left. He commited suicide some 10 years ago. The guy on the right is Felipe Vidal Santiago. Yes, he and Ivan were brothers.

James

I dunno - from the most familiar two pix we have of Robertson (full-face posed photo) and O'Hare (full-length, unposed in fatigues and cap), I'm surest that of all suspicious persons photographed near Dealey, the best IDs were of G. P. Hemming, Robertson, O'Hare, and also Ed Lansdale. Much less convincing: David Morales, Lucien Conein.

The two men ID'd as Robertson and O'Hare on Houston, and later crossing DP toward the knoll - those guys read as definitely together, and for a purpose. Note also the Homburg that one of the pair wears - that's an Easterner's hat, and it looks like it was bought new for an occasion, or a mission. Those two guys just don't strike me as Dallasites. They're dressed like they're crossing Pennsylvania Avenue.

I'm still pretty comfortable that the four I named above are ID'd correctly. I know Mr. Simkin and others believe that the "Lansdale" figure that Prouty and Krulak ID'd is not Lansdale, but Maxwell Taylor. I'd like to start a thread on why, physically and in terms of command responsibility, that guy is much more likely to be Lansdale than Taylor. Coming soon - maybe this weekend, and with all respects to those of differing opinion.

Edited by David Andrews

James,

I'm a bit puzzled that you now doubt that the man at Houston and Main is Robertson. Of course I haven't seen the other photos of Robertson that you have seen, but I'm not sure how much that means. Take the 1961 photo of Robertson that John posted, for example. It doesn't look much like the familiar posed photo of Robertson wearing his glasses. I would have no idea it's supposed to be the same man if not told. So photos can be deceptive. That said, the man in the photo at Houston and Main does strongly resemble the posed photo of Robertson with glasses, plus you say you have info that Robertson was there, plus there are at least two other lookalikes (Conein and Hemming) on the same corner. This would all seem to make the case by statistical probability (though I'm no statistician) that the man on the corner is Robertson. Statistically, I would think, you simply couldn't have three or more lookalikes of professionally associated men among a small group of a dozen or so "random" people, such as we find at Houston and Main, unless those lookalikes are in fact who they look like, present in that group for a purpose.

Edited by Ron Ecker

Ron,

Make no mistake, I do believe Robertson was in Dallas and I do believe he was involved with the assassination. The photos I refer to have a copyright issue and the person who has access to them doesn't want them posted on the net.

These images popped up for sale on eBay some time back as part of a historical Bay of Pigs collection that the seller wanted some $10,000 for.

The image John posted is one of the photos in the collection and was published in a book released at the beginning of 2009 written by Alejandro Quesada.

That aside, you are right about the statistical probability of all those look-a-likes at the corner of Main and Houston and I know how much you love coincidences.

I am just trying to cover all angles here and to explore new information that I consider of importance.

James

• 3 weeks later...