The Education Forum

Debate: DiEugenio v McAdams

John Geraghty

Jim DiEugenio will be debating John McAdams tomorrow evening at 6pm (EST) on Black Op Radio.

If I were to hold a debate I would want either Jim or Walt Brown arguing for the critics.

It promises to be a very interesting affair.

Does anyone know whether this went ahead? I'm in the wrong time zone to listen live, and there's nothing on the Black Op website as yet. Len usually gets at least a link up in the archives section by now. I've been looking forward to it.

Paul.

Jim DiEugenio will be debating John McAdams tomorrow evening at 6pm (EST) on Black Op Radio.

If I were to hold a debate I would want either Jim or Walt Brown arguing for the critics.

It promises to be a very interesting affair.

Does anyone know whether this went ahead? I'm in the wrong time zone to listen live, and there's nothing on the Black Op website as yet. Len usually gets at least a link up in the archives section by now. I've been looking forward to it.

Paul.

I heard the last 20 minutes or so. After they'd been going at it for almost two hours, they reached the half-way point. McAdams, who lives in the Central Time Zone, then said he'd only like to go another hour. Rather than short-change the second batch of questions, they all agreed to do the second part next week.

From what I heard it was quite civil and informative. McAdams had an answer for a lot of DiEugenio's points. DiEugenio, however, was well-prepared, and was able to shoot down a lot of McAdams' explanations. I'm not sure if the first part went as well, but, if so, someone should prepare a transcript of the debate, and post it all over the internet. It would allow ill-informed CTs to see that there is another point of view, and allow LNs fond of repeating the same old nonsense to see that there is plenty of info supporting the other side, and that distrust of the official story is not the sure sign of mental illness they've been led to believe.

Bill Kelly usually loves to do transcripts (well, maybe he doesn't love it!).

Hi John,

I don't mind doing transcripts for Peter Dale Scott and James Douglas, but I tend to choke on John McIAdams.

Maybe he can get some of his Mockingbird Asset friends and CIA Foundations to pay to have the DC guy who took out the full page ad in the NY Times to request for a new JFK assassination investigation, as he apparently does transcripts professionally and makes enough to take out full page ads in the NYTimes for $30,000.

I listened to about an hour or so of the "debate" and actually found it interesting, given its structural limitations, and actually learned something from each, but don't think they have yet touched on the most significant items.

Of course, you can read an hours worth of talk in just a few minutes of transcript, and as long as it is only on audio/video it is entertainment, and not citeable research, but it really takes twice or three times as long as the tape to make a reliable transcript.

And it's now been over 48 hours and we still don't have a reliable English translated transcript of Khadaffi's hour and half long speach to the UN.

So if you think somebody will make a transcript of this very informative show, I too would like a copy, but unable to provide it.

Maybe if you file a FOIA with the National Security Agency they will provide you with their copy of the transcript of the program.

Bill Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
Has Jimmy D gone over to LANCER?

http://jfklancer.com/dallas09/speakers.html

I suspect registration attendance is down this year for a number of reasons (lack of interest for one), especially considering out-of-towners.... LANCER might want to put a few active investigator-researchers especially those that aren't intimidated by lone nut-trolls, on their 2009 speaker agenda. Especially if they have media presence.... So how? By paying them to participate of course and that is GREAT. Dr. Mantik and Jim Di will draw.... (COPA will also benefit having those two being in the Dallas neighborhood).

The LAST thing you want in a longstanding conference of this type is to have no one other than locals show up....

When it comes to investigating US political assassinations (and consiracy), COPA will be the last organization standing (including self-serving museums).... and for damn good reasons.

KUTGW, Bill Kelly!

DHealy

Edited by David G. Healy