The Education Forum

Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile

Guest James H. Fetzer

"One of Ferries boys Dante Marachini - he was with Ferrie on his Huston trip 22.11.63 - started working for Reilys the same day Oswald and Judyth did: coincident? hardly..."

Lots of mistakes here:

1) Not "Marachini". His name was Dante A. Marochini.

2) He was not what we would consider as one of "Ferrie's boys." He was much older (38 in 1963), and his only connection with Ferrie was that he was a friend of James Ronald Lewallen, who had been a friend of Ferrie's since 1947. Marochini came across the Ferrie radar only briefly: A private detective hired by Eastern Air Lines noted that he visited Ferrie's home with Lewallen once in late 1962, and he also helped Ferrie translate an Italian document.

3) Marochini was not on Ferrie's 11/22/63 Houston trip: Ferrie was accompanied by Alvin Roland Beaubouef and Melvin Stacey Coffee.

4) Marochini did not start at Reily on the same day as Oswald or Baker (May 9); He started at Standard Coffee as a Sales Rep on March 19, and worked there until June 10, when he left for a job at Arnaud's Restaurant.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One of Ferries boys Dante Marachini - he was with Ferrie on his Huston trip 22.11.63 - started working for Reilys the same day Oswald and Judyth did: coincident? hardly..."

Lots of mistakes here:

2) He was not what we would consider as one of "Ferrie's boys." He was much older (38 in 1963), and his only connection with Ferrie was that he was a friend of James Ronald Lewallen, who had been a friend of Ferrie's since 1947. Marochini came across the Ferrie radar only briefly: A private detective hired by Eastern Air Lines noted that he visited Ferrie's home with Lewallen once in late 1962, and he also helped Ferrie translate an Italian document.

3) Marochini was not on Ferrie's 11/22/63 Houston trip: Ferrie was accompanied by Alvin Roland Beaubouef and Melvin Stacey Coffee.

4) Marochini did not start at Reily on the same day as Oswald or Baker (May 9); He started at Standard Coffee as a Sales Rep on March 19, and worked there until June 10, when he left for a job at Arnaud's Restaurant.

Thanks Stephen. When I read the previous posts, I thought of you and your research. Glad you weighed in.

Some people are quick to accept information with little regard for its accuracy as long as it fits with

what they want to believe.

Lots of mistakes here:

Let´s see...

1.In Garrisons book "On the trail..."he is called Marachini...(german edition)

2. Nobody knows, which kind of relationship Ferrie and Marachini had. Marachini was living next door to Clay Shaw,(1309 Dauphine street) and a frequent Ferrie-visitor...

3. You are right, it was Coffee, not Marachini, who was with Ferri on his Huston trip... sorry for that...

4. Garrison says in his book, that Marachini and Oswald started working at Reilys exact on the same day --sry I rather believe Garrison, who was at the center of the events, than you...

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

"1.In Garrisons book "On the trail..."he is called Marachini...(german edition)"

Garrison was going from memory. I base the correct spelling on a lengthy personnel file on Marochini, provided to HSCA in May 1978 by his then-employer, Chrysler Michoud.

"2. Nobody knows, which kind of relationship Ferrie and Marachini had. Marachini was living next door to Clay Shaw,(1309 Dauphine street) and a frequent Ferrie-visitor..."

I am saying that Marochini only shows up those 2 times on Ferrie's radar, based on my long study of his life: In the EAL investigator's report (visit to apartment) and Ferrie's testimony at an EAL dismissal hearing (translation of document). None of Ferrie's friends I've interviewed knew Marochini. What is your source that he was a "frequent Ferrie-visitor"?

"3. You are right, it was Coffee, not Marachini, who was with Ferri on his Huston trip... sorry for that..."

"4. Garrison says in his book, that Marachini and Oswald started working at Reilys exact on the same day --sry I rather believe Garrison, who was at the center of the events, than you..."

Again, Marochini's Chrysler personnel file would seem to be a pretty solid source. Marochini's record from that time:

2/1/62 to 8/15/62: Asst Mgr, L & J Wine Co.

11/1/62 to 3/19/63: Sales Rep, Solari Inc Wine

3/19/63 to 6/10/63: Sales Rep, Standard Coffee

6/10/63 to 8/25/63: Wine Steward, Arnaud's Restaurant

8/26/63 to 7/9/64: Shop Scheduler, CCSD (Chrysler) Michoud

7/10/64 to "present" (1978) Material Specifications, CCSD Michoud

With all due respect to Garrison, he goofed on details from time to time.

"1.In Garrisons book "On the trail..."he is called Marachini...(german edition)"

Garrison was going from memory. I base the correct spelling on a lengthy personnel file on Marochini, provided to HSCA in May 1978 by his then-employer, Chrysler Michoud.

"2. Nobody knows, which kind of relationship Ferrie and Marachini had. Marachini was living next door to Clay Shaw,(1309 Dauphine street) and a frequent Ferrie-visitor..."

I am saying that Marochini only shows up those 2 times on Ferrie's radar, based on my long study of his life: In the EAL investigator's report (visit to apartment) and Ferrie's testimony at an EAL dismissal hearing (translation of document). None of Ferrie's friends I've interviewed knew Marochini. What is your source that he was a "frequent Ferrie-visitor"?

"3. You are right, it was Coffee, not Marachini, who was with Ferri on his Huston trip... sorry for that..."

"4. Garrison says in his book, that Marachini and Oswald started working at Reilys exact on the same day --sry I rather believe Garrison, who was at the center of the events, than you..."

Again, Marochini's Chrysler personnel file would seem to be a pretty solid source. Marochini's record from that time:

2/1/62 to 8/15/62: Asst Mgr, L & J Wine Co.

11/1/62 to 3/19/63: Sales Rep, Solari Inc Wine

3/19/63 to 6/10/63: Sales Rep, Standard Coffee

6/10/63 to 8/25/63: Wine Steward, Arnaud's Restaurant

8/26/63 to 7/9/64: Shop Scheduler, CCSD (Chrysler) Michoud

7/10/64 to "present" (1978) Material Specifications, CCSD Michoud

With all due respect to Garrison, he goofed on details from time to time.

Marachinis Chrysler File maybe is a hoax...(BTW: Standard Coffee isn't Reilys...)

Garrison not only says Marachini started working the same day as Oswald (and Judyth Vary Baker), he says he left Reilys several days after the assassination for a NASA Job...just like Alfred Claude, who hired Oswald at Reilys, Emmet Barbee Oswalds superior at Reilys, and James Lewallen (Ferries and Marachinis friend)another Reily employee...they all left Reilys several days after the assassination, to start working for NASA...even Melvin Coffee started working at a NASA facility(Aerospace Operation) at Cape Canaveral...this becomes more interesting, if one is aware, that the whole U2-Project(planes and staff) was transfered from the CIA to NASA after the assassination of JFK...

(Oswald was once a U2 guy)

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

"Marachinis Chrysler File maybe is a hoax..."

It's hard to believe that this 55-page employment file on Dante Americo Marochini, delivered to HSCA by Chrysler, is some kind of hoax. For what purpose??

"(BTW: Standard Coffee isn't Reilys...)"

Yes, it is. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Coffee

"Garrison not only says Marachini started working the same day as Oswald (and Judyth Vary Baker), he says he left Reilys several days after the assassination for a NASA Job..."

No, Marochini left Standard on June 10, worked at a restaurant for about 2 months, and started at Chrysler's plant out in Michoud/Gentilly (a NASA contractor) on August 26, 1963.

"just like Alfred Claude, who hired Oswald at Reilys, Emmet Barbee Oswalds superior at Reilys, and James Lewallen (Ferries and Marachinis friend)another Reily employee..."

No, James Ronald Lewallen never worked at Reily/Standard.

"they all left Reilys several days after the assassination, to start working for NASA...even Melvin Coffee started working at a NASA facility(Aerospace Operation) at Cape Canaveral..."

I see you're in Austria, so maybe you don't recall that there was a defense/aerospace hiring boom in the late 50s/early 60s. In Louisiana, it was a series of plants at Michoud (pronounced mee-zhoo) near Gentilly. Where I live, it was General Dynamics and Electric Boat. In Seattle, it was Boeing, and so on.

Karl, it is pointless to to debate this. Garrison made mistakes on the Marochini spelling and Reily dates, and you have confused it further, with the Lewallen mistake.

Marochini did not start at Standard/Reily on the same day as Oswald, or leave just after the assassination; and Lewallen never worked there. I have the records. There are enough real mysteries here without making new ones up.

"Marachinis Chrysler File maybe is a hoax..."

It's hard to believe that this 55-page employment file on Dante Americo Marochini, delivered to HSCA by Chrysler, is some kind of hoax. For what purpose??

"(BTW: Standard Coffee isn't Reilys...)"

Yes, it is. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Coffee

"Garrison not only says Marachini started working the same day as Oswald (and Judyth Vary Baker), he says he left Reilys several days after the assassination for a NASA Job..."

No, Marochini left Standard on June 10, worked at a restaurant for about 2 months, and started at Chrysler's plant out in Michoud/Gentilly (a NASA contractor) on August 26, 1963.

"just like Alfred Claude, who hired Oswald at Reilys, Emmet Barbee Oswalds superior at Reilys, and James Lewallen (Ferries and Marachinis friend)another Reily employee..."

No, James Ronald Lewallen never worked at Reily/Standard.

"they all left Reilys several days after the assassination, to start working for NASA...even Melvin Coffee started working at a NASA facility(Aerospace Operation) at Cape Canaveral..."

I see you're in Austria, so maybe you don't recall that there was a defense/aerospace hiring boom in the late 50s/early 60s. In Louisiana, it was a series of plants at Michoud (pronounced mee-zhoo) near Gentilly. Where I live, it was General Dynamics and Electric Boat. In Seattle, it was Boeing, and so on.

Karl, it is pointless to to debate this. Garrison made mistakes on the Marochini spelling and Reily dates, and you have confused it further, with the Lewallen mistake.

Marochini did not start at Standard/Reily on the same day as Oswald, or leave just after the assassination; and Lewallen never worked there. I have the records. There are enough real mysteries here without making new ones up.

Alright, you believe in this sheet of paper, and I trust Garrison...(You are right about Lewallen)

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email last week from a forum member who claimed that I have changed my story regarding Judyth in the intervening years since I met her. My friend, Scott Myers, archives EVERYTHING. See the discussion concerning Judyth from 2002 below and my post. [emphasis added]

==============================

Gmail Calendar Documents Web Reader more ▼

Recently Visited Groups | Help | Sign in

alt.assassination.jfk

Discussions

+ new post

About this group

Subscribe to this group

This is a Usenet group - learn more

Sponsored links

Google Message Filtering

Block spam & viruses before they

reach your enterprise. Sign up now.

www.google.com/postini

Google Wave Alternative

Project Collaboration Cloud App

Project Management Free To Try

www.mavenlink.com

Message from discussion Judyth & Hemming (corrected)

Debra Conway

View profile

More options Oct 29 2002, 3:34 pm

To Newsgroup readers and any other forum:

JUDYTH BAKER WILL NEVER BE A SPEAKER AT ANY JFK LANCER FUNCTION. EVER.

NEVER.

Debra Conway

--

JFK Lancer Productions & Publications http://jfklancer.com

"Serving the research community, educating a new generation."

(We are an all volunteer company.)

Join JFK Lancer News and Forum for the latest research and updates:

http://jfklancer.com/Groups2.html

> From: john.mcad...@marquette.edu (John McAdams)

> Organization: Marquette University

> Newsgroups: alt.assassination.jfk

> Followup-To: alt.assassination.jfk

> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:35:14 GMT

> Subject: Judyth & Hemming

>

> From the Dalla Rosa board:

>

> <Quote on>

>

> RE:: Oswald's mistress at Lancer? -- jack white

> Posted by Gregory Burnham ¨ , 10/28/2002, 00:30:30 Top

>

>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

> --

>

> I met with Judith over a year ago, at her request,

> here in Southern California. She had just visited

> HEMMING on the east coast. She has provided very

> compelling evidence to both me and Hemming, among

> others, that tends to substantiate her claims.

> Very compelling evidence, indeed.

>

> That said, I don't agree with her conclusions, for

> the most part, but it appears that there is enough

> to her story to warrant a hard look. I don't believe

> she is lying, but I also don't think she knows how

> potentially important what she has actually is. Or,

> perhaps a better way to phrase it would be:

>

> "What she thinks is important about the information

> may not be the case..."

>

> However, it IS important, IMHO.

>

> I have never disclosed any of this information here or

> elsewhere. I've never even mentioned her existence,

> at her request. Now that it is "in the open" I will

> comment further but only after I first speak with her.

>

> I'm not convinced that her story's important, but I

> don't believe she is lying, either. If my instinct is

> serving me well, her documentation is definitely important.

>

> GO_SECURE

>

> monk

>

>

>

>

> The Kennedy Assassination Home Page

> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Forward

Create a group - Google Groups - Google Home - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy

Edited by Greg Burnham

Guest Robert Morrow

Lots of mistakes here:

Thanks for the info, Stephen!

We call it "talking past the close..."

Huh? Don't be so condescending. That won't work with me.

Thanks for giving me a better way to say that old phrase.

Let's try another - didn't I "draw a line in the sand?" or say that you "used up all your bullets? I am not sure if these work either, but

It was not my intention to be condescending, nor do I see it that way looking back at my post.

Edited by Peter McGuire

We call it "talking past the close..."

Huh? Don't be so condescending. That won't work with me.

Thanks for giving me a better way to say that old phrase.

Let's try another - didn't I "draw a line in the sand?" or say that you "used up all your bullets? I am not sure if these work either, but

It was not my intention to be condescending, nor do I see it that way looking back at my post.

Ok, I misinterpreted your meaning. No problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My copy of Me & Lee just arrived, I've spent about an hour speed-reading selective parts. The foreword is by Ed Haslam; the afterword is by Jim Marrs.

JVB's closing sentence in the last chapter is "Now I leave my testimony in your hands."

That just about sums things up.

Hi Michael,

My copy arrived yesterday. I've only done some quick thumbing so far, but did note a few changes - which were predictable because of things that had been pointed out in discussions based on some simple fact finding over the last couple of years.

One thing is that the CIA and loyalty oaths seem to be missing from her adventures at the Indianapolis science fair (haven't read anything thoroughly yet) .... and now, while she claims she was told to write to "the President" rather than previous claims on the net and in her first book that she was told to write to President Kennedy. The science fair was in May 1960. Myself and others pointed out there was no President Kennedy in May 1960 ... and Anthony Marsh found the letter she had written to President Kennedy in February 1961 at the JFK library ... a typical gushy teenage girl fan letter.

In this new tome, she now says that while told to write to the president while at the science fair in May 1960, she didn't want to write to a lame duck president Eisenhower ... so waited til after the election and wrote to the new president.

I expect that such cleansing to conform to facts will not be rare finds in this new book.

Hey, at least she adapts well. :-)

Bests,

Barb :-)