The Education Forum

SOUTH KNOLL PHOTO

Thank you Tosh. That might explain the difficulty in tracing him. This Bruce Jones apparently surfaced around the early sixties with a bit of flirting with the SDS then studying in the west. Then he appears in 1975 as a citrus grower in northern Costa Rica where he settles down, and after the fall of Somoza and the agrarian reform in Nicaragua has airports for supporting the southern contras and leading and training them for missions into Nicaragua. Then after the attempted assassination of Commandante Cero seems to slip under the radar. I didn't know that his name could have been a code, and that may explaing the difficulty in tracing him. Anyway he had connections to the SOF magazine/ weapons supplier editor aho to some is of interest to the assassination.

Yes. He at one time did have a connection with Col Brown of the SoF magazine in Bolder and too, that of John Hull of Contra fame and his ranch in Costa Rica. I was told he was also connected to the shrimp deal at Puto' Ran' nes Costa Rico. (phonic sp_) see Leslie Cockburn's book "Out of Control 1987; I think there might be something in there but not sure. I was told by a source that John Hull once used the name Bruce Jones, but another said they were neighbors.

Edited by William Plumlee

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I've found him described as Hulls business partner, but Hull seems to have gotten a larger share of the publicity while Jones was very active but somehow in the background. He studied electronics and prob was issued with a computer when the CIA began issuing them for operatives. Anyway, thanks for attending to this little diversion. You've provided some new (to me) avenues to search.

Tosh, this is a rough placing of you and Sergio. The Sniper placing is my own notion. You see there is something very special about someone hearin a shot that came from behind but to the left. It's a simple fact that most humans instinctively react to a shot from behind if near enough ''behind'' to almost excusively look over their right shoulder (maybe it's an intstinctive jugular protection, I dunno). To differentiate that and to categorically state from the left is something else again. It's got a ring of truth to it. The wedge shaped raised rail bed made me hypothesise about your movements and to my memory you confirmed them. Then you went to where you could decend the other side where your ( and the sniper? ) vehicle was. There are a series (chronologically) that may show a person crossing, from memory, McIntire, Cancellare, and about three frames of Wiegman.

John,

Regarding your statement, "There are a series (chronologically) that may show a person crossing, from memory, McIntire, Cancellare, and about three frames of Wiegman," could you please post the pertinent photos and frames on this forum and indicate on them exactly where the person might possibly be seen crossing?

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas, from memory the right of mcintire near the sign, left of the lamp right of the second pillar from south of the underpass on cancellare, a sequence when wiegman momentarily dips into this area (about three frames, one better than the other). All are suggestive of a person, partly because I couldn't figure out what the objects were (iow perhaps they shouldn't be there (afa I could see)), partly because of features.

Thomas, from memory the right of mcintire near the sign, left of the lamp right of the second pillar from south of the underpass on cancellare, a sequence when wiegman momentarily dips into this area (about three frames, one better than the other). All are suggestive of a person, partly because I couldn't figure out what the objects were (iow perhaps they shouldn't be there (afa I could see)), partly because of features.

Fascinating stuff, John. Hopefully, someone (Robin?, James?, Bernice?, Lee?, Ron?) will be kind enough to post the (uncropped?) versions of the photos and frames you're talking about, with sufficient resolution to enable me to make out the anomalous figure/shadow of a man to which you are referring...

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas , that would be great, and I sense you understand me being vague. I want to see what you (or anyone else sees without pre judice, a kind of blind experiment) see because that helps debunk or confirm findings. I hope someone will post the best untouched, unrotated lossless images available for study. From memory there was another photo that appeared to show something as well, much closer to the post headshot moment, in this case with a couple of anomalies. (If I can remember the photo name I'll post it.)

edit add : and , Thomas, there is also a spot on the best cropped cancellare I've seen that I no longer have but there is a place on it that I'd like your opinion.

Edited by John Dolva

Thomas , that would be great, and I sense you understand me being vague. I want to see what you (or anyone else sees without pre judice, a kind of blind experiment) see because that helps debunk or confirm findings. I hope someone will post the best untouched, unrotated lossless images available for study. From memory there was another photo that appeared to show something as well, much closer to the post headshot moment, in this case with a couple of anomalies. (If I can remember the photo name I'll post it.)

edit add : and , Thomas, there is also a spot on the best cropped cancellare I've seen that I no longer have but there is a place on it that I'd like your opinion.

John,

OK, but can I give you my opinion on it if you no longer have it? As for the McIntire, is it the one showing the president's limo after it has emerged from the underpass? If so, I don't see anything suspicious on or near the bridge near the (partial) sign on the right hand edge of the photo. Have all of these McIntires on the internet been cropped, or am I missing something?

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thimas, the hard disk containing the images is out of action. Since, I've been unable to find copies of the same quality so it's really a matter of coming across them again. At the time a very good (a couple of years now ago) was readily available. I've actually found that much photographic material is less readily available. Duncan and Robins are excellent, there used to be more sites that are no longer active.

Yes, it's the McIntire you mention and the location. You not seeing anything is important, basically what it means is that the area is as doubtful as so many past attempts to identify persons properly and likely to lead nowhere except to dispute but not proof.

Excellent, Bernice. I suggest checking the area also with consideration of what can be seen between the balustrade supports and above the balustrade and keeping in mind the scale of persons on the UP to the left.

Excellent, Bernice. I suggest checking the area also with consideration of what can be seen between the balustrade supports and above the balustrade and keeping in mind the scale of persons on the UP to the left.

Your wecme john...here again is the full cancellare if of any use....in your studies..b

Thank you again, Bernice. It appears to be the same, as with the McIntire, but being the uncropped version, it doesn't have the resolution that the cropped one did.

ANYONE CARE TO CRITIQUE THAT DAMN THING.... OR IS IT TO MUCH OF A DELICATE MATTER? HAS IT BEEN DOCTORED OR BRUSHED OUT?

OH WELL... WHAT THU HELL. WHO CARES? RIGHT?

I studied it - and was asked to study it further. I got the best copy I could lay my hands on [original B&W glossy print, [dated either 11/22 or11/23/63] and scanned it to a very high resolution. I performed all sorts of photoshop functions, etc. - I found nothing aside from a number of people in vehicles, and what sure seems to be two men standing to the rear of the pick-up - which appeared at odds with your account. I also was unable to find any type of supporting evidence [eye witness, ear witness, photo, film, medical] to support a shot from this location. Adding an electrical service in this location in more recent years didn't add up to the nefarious. Jim Marrs comment about a rifle being pulled from the pipes during construction didn't help because he could recall to which side of the underpass this event allegedly corresponded. Furthermore, Mike Brown vehemently argued the credibility of the DPD [can't remember the name of the cop] stationed in this location - friend of the family, knew him well, honest and upright, etc - emphatically he stated that no shot could have been fired from this location without this cop having taken action - or mentioning such an event.

Out of the shots fired - on the basis of witness accounts, photos, and what can be compiled from the sorry excuse for evidence [like the hole in the floorpan, for example] - doesn't fit. The hole in the windshield has a much higher probability on a correlation to a botched shot to the head which went on to penetrate the windshield and strike the curb at Main st - some 25 feet from where Tague was standing. Tague doesn't provided any support for a shot from this location either - and he was standing right there.

What does fit is a high velocity heavy weight round coming from the general direction of the DalTex or Records Building - ripping into the top center right portion of Kennedy's head, smashing out the skull in this location and flapping the scalp forward over the face - a lasagna shot or graze shot - fatal. Whether or not a secondary shot slammed into the top rear front portion of the head within a fraction of a second, or seconds following [assuming that the Z is dubious] is moot - the killshot had been delivered. What also fits are a number of other hits/misses - but these all appear to have all come from the direction of the office buildings, and possibly the top of the north side of the underpass / behind the picket fence.

If no one cared, there wouldn't be so many posts dedicated to the subject and so many responses - however, math isn't adding for me personally.

- lee

Lee, is there any indication of the pipe a rifle was supposedly pulled from was here :