The Education Forum

Was there a guy on south side of Elm St. holding a sign

I remember reading that somewhere years ago.

Thanks,

--Tommy :)

He must have had foreknowledge Tommy ,Otherwise why the tears?,

Thanks,

Once again, your humor escapes me, Ian. Probably just too abtruse for me. I ask for help and I get an enigmatic reply. LOL

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thanks,

Once again, your humor escapes me, Ian. Probably just too abtruse for me. I ask for help and I get an enigmatic reply. LOL

--Tommy

Jfk ,,, sob ah just seen the periods , it was a bit Obtuse!

Thanks,

--Tommy

Jfk ,,, sob ah just seen the periods , it was a bit Obtuse!

No, Ian, you were. LOL!

Tommy , I have some of Jack White's work on the man with the sign.that you may be interested in....I hope he is getting much better and can rejoin us soon..b

Thanks, Bernice!

Yes, I too hope Jack is doing OK and will be back soon.

--Tommy

I can recall in recent years seeing photos of signman, hooking arms with a woman with her pocketbook hanging off her arm as they ran up the Grassy Knoll. I could be mistaken.

Kathy C

Excellent, Duncan.

Plus, let's think about this "sign-holding" man from a different (common-sense) POV for a moment:

Why on Earth would a person STILL be holding up a sign for the President to see even though JFK's car was long gone from Dealey Plaza? Was he wanting the motorcycle cops to read his sign? Or the people in the press busses perhaps? Or the newsmen in the three camera cars?

The fact that JFK's car wasn't anywhere near the so-called "sign man" when the Cancellare picture was taken is a good indication that the man has no sign at all.

Not to mention the absurdity of a person STILL wanting to hold up some kind of a sign AFTER the shooting had taken place and Dealey Plaza had been turned into a chaotic scene of confusion and turmoil and horror. What normal person would have still been holding up any kind of a sign under those post-shooting conditions?

I will admit, though, that the non-blown-up Cancellare picture does seem to show the man holding a sign of some kind. But as we can easily see in Duncan's blow-up, there is no sign....and the man's jacket is easily defined (which looks like part of the "sign" in the Cancellare picture before it's blown up).

Cnman.png

Edited by David Von Pein

just an FYI, the first patent for a plastic cup, according to my sources, was not awarded until 1964. And I'm old enough to remember that, in '63, people were not using clear plastic cups like that.

No one said it was a clear cup, Allen.

The obvious alternative is that is was a paper cup.

Which glowed white even though the sun was behind him.

--Tommy :ph34r:

well, Duncan - you said plastic cup - which does not have to be clear and which, as I said, did not yet exist. Not a big deal. Unless he was holding a cup-shaped frangible-firing grenade-sending 2-in-the-chamber(lain) umbrella launcher. Not sure when that was patented.

just an FYI, the first patent for a plastic cup, according to my sources, was not awarded until 1964. And I'm old enough to remember that, in '63, people were not using clear plastic cups like that.

No one said it was a clear cup, Allen.

The obvious alternative is that is was a paper cup.

Maybe he's drinking milk.

Kathy C

Duncan - not to belabor; but if someone see that something "appears to be ____" than they are leaning toward that explanation. I was merely pointing out that it could not be a plastic cup. If I said something "appears to be a telephone" and the picture was from 1492, it would be appropriate to point out the anachronism.