The Education Forum

Re-flooring of the SBDB

Jim Feemster

I have heard there were temporary extra workers on hand to replace the 6th floor's flooring.

In the progress of the work all the boxes of books on the west side of the 6th floor had to be moved to the east side in order to lay the new floor.

Seems a very suspious time for new people to be milling around near the box conjested sniper window area

on the east side of the SBDB.

Anyone have any answers or coments?

Jim

I'd say that the six floor museum is going to have a difficult time setting up the apparent snipers nest exactly how it was when Kennedy was killed, and I'm sure they'll tell you the same, its exactly how this "snipers nest" was set up, to the (T) without Oswald in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Fl9ZVJ7B8

Apparently, I've already made some friends, no worries Gary, I promise not to quite my day job!

Edited by Scott Kaiser

David, do you have any articles in particular that should be read?

I don't recall the titles - but Weston has had several articles in Fourth Decade or Third Decade, in which he's looked at events in the TSBD and looked into the backgrounds of Roy Truly, Bill Shelley, etc. There's some exploration of TSBD personnel in any William Weston article in Third or Fourth Decade involving the TSBD, and these can be searched at the Mary Farrell site.

Edited by David Andrews

Sorry I can't be more exact this morning - all my old browser bookmarks have been lost. I do recall that in, I believe, The Third Decade, Weston published three TSBD articles, over consecutive issues, in which Truly and Shelley are examined. (I can search later when I'm home from work.)

What Weston reported is valuable, and I had hoped that researchers would have followed his lead(s) and looked at Wesley Frazier, Billy Lovelady, Bonnie Ray Williams, and the rest. After the controversy over the Altgens 6 doorway photo on another thread here, Lovelady surely deserves some research.

Mr. Weston was once a member of this forum, and a name search through the back posts since 2006 should turn up some references to his TSBD articles.

Edited by David Andrews

Sorry I can't be more exact this morning - all my old browser bookmarks have been lost. I do recall that in, I believe, The Third Decade, Weston published three TSBD articles, over consecutive issues, in which Truly and Shelley are examined. (I can search later when I'm home from work.)

What Weston reported is valuable, and I had hoped that researchers would have followed his lead(s) and looked at Wesley Frazier, Billy Lovelady, Bonnie Ray Williams, and the rest. After the controversy over the Altgens 6 doorway photo on another thread here, Lovelady surely deserves some research.

Mr. Weston was once a member of this forum, and a name search through the back posts since 2006 should turn up some references to his TSBD articles.

Courtesy Bernice Moore: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14483&view=findpost&p=169014

Weston writes about the plywood floors being installed by Book Depository employees. His source was an FBI report.

It is hard to overstate the quality of research and the quality of the researchers that appeared in the Third and Fourth Decade. Before the advent of the internet, it was some of the most timely and (still) valuable information available.

Jerry Rose's journal remains an iconic tribute to the considerable efforts of so many to find out what happened in this case. A lot of witnesses were still alive back then.

Nowadays information is only a click or two away. Unfortunately, too many witnesses have passed on.

This isn't one of the articles I meant - but here's Weston writing about the floor-laying crew in Third Decade:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=48769&relPageId=7

I'm hampered because I responded to this thread while at work - so I forgot that Weston also published in Dealey Plaza Echo. The best strategy I can offer for searching Decade/Echo is to search for Weston's name linked with Truly's and Shelley's, as Weston found very interesting backgrounds for them, making Shelley for instance look still military-affiliated.

Do search both journals for the three related Weston articles spread over consecutive issues - those were fine work.

This may be the article that David is referring to: The Spider's Web, by William Weston

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=16259&relPageId=7

Emphasis by Scott Kaiser,

When President Kennedy threatened to break up "that establishment, a plot developed to assassinate him". The writer must be indicating the only establishment I can think of the CIA?. Duh?

The "schoolbook workers became involved in the plot" What plot? the assassination plot? OH SH*T! Gary! could that be true? When they relocated into the seven-story building that overlooked a 120-degree turn at Elm and Houston Street.

Edited by Scott Kaiser