The Education Forum

Bill OReilly's NewBook

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My arguments are documented in my book, Mike. No need to repeat them here . . . nor could I. If you think I've omitted or distorted evidence, you are certainly free to bring me before an arbitration hearing.

Thousands of people have downloaded and read my book and no one has come up with any substantive refutation yet, but perhaps you will be the exception.

Discussing issues in this forum, as excellent as it is, produces no real resolution, alas.

Well Barry, as you may know, I do not normally read books on the JFK murder but I might just get your book and see what you say about CE399. I am assuming you specifically talk about CE399 in your book.

Which one of the volumes should I buy?

http://www.amazon.com/Barry-Krusch/e/B001KCC3DE/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Edited by Mike Rago

Mike Rago or whatever your name is:

The combination of the Aguilar Thompson work, the Harris work, and the Hunt work is devastating.

And 1.) Hunt's work does not rest on the Todd initials. It rests on the fact that the FBI had the stretcher bullet before Rowley turned it over to Todd.

and

2.) FBI agents are trained to initlal bullets when they are in receipt of them. Todd was in receipt of the bullet when he got it from Rowley at the WHite House. But his initials are not there.

If you don't understand what all that means then please get back to your Israel killed JFK thread. Leave the rest of us alone.

Why not add into the mix the 'fact' that we are told CE399, the truly 'magic bullet', supposedly traveled through two people with almost nary a scratch, whereas the Z313 fatal headshot fragmented and did not affect anyone else in the limo; even Jackie, whose head was right next to and even a bit in front of JFK's at that moment?

The (imo failed) tests of ITTC can be used to demonstrate that the bullet used for Z313 did not even come from the M/C attributed by the WCR to LHO, as it did not fragment; not only in the one test used in ITTC, but in the 'extra' fourth test, which they did not include because it failed to hit the 'correct' entry point.

I don't recall them ever discussing the appearance of the bullet in the fourth test, Pamela. Is there a picture of it somewhere?

Not that I know of.

Nor is there any mention of it acting differently than the unfragmented bullet in the test they used.

O'Reilly's book goes on saie today and he will be hawking it. O'Reilly has long known that controversy gets ratings and it sells books.

He and Dugard set out with a purpose to make Killing Kennedy as controversial as possible. It's an ugly book with ugly intent.

I hope that critics won't be their own worst enemy.

http://www.usatoday....nation/1591991/

Well Barry, as you may know, I do not normally read books on the JFK murder but I might just get your book and see what you say about CE399. I am assuming you specifically talk about CE399 in your book.

Which one of the volumes should I buy?

http://www.amazon.co...=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Then why are you posting on a site devoted to the assassination of JFK?

O'Reilly's book goes on saie today and he will be hawking it. O'Reilly has long known that controversy gets ratings and it sells books.

He and Dugard set out with a purpose to make Killing Kennedy as controversial as possible. It's an ugly book with ugly intent.

I hope that critics won't be their own worst enemy.

http://www.usatoday....nation/1591991/

I hope the reviews are as terrible as I know the book will be. I trust Jimmie D. on this one. Just like the great review he did of Matthew's bs. His reviews of garbage are so good you don't need to read the actual book. I do not always agree with him and it's well known where we disagree, but I certainly appreciate that he reads this stuff and writes a long review.

Dawn

Nice job in your video. I do not agree with some of your opinions of the case but I will save that for a different thread.

Someone asked me in a different thread how many books should someone read. I know my answer to that question now.

You can read as many books as you want but you should be in a position to know when something does not ring true because of your own understanding of the evidence.

There is a lot of fiction in JFK Assassination books.

Your idea of a video review was great!

Edited by Mike Rago

If you're thinking of buying this book, I'd suggest taking a minute to think twice. There's nothing there of substance, except for people that plan a formal review of some kind.

I stopped in my local bookstore, found a chair and sped read the entire book in an hour. I took no notes, but this is from a pretty good memory.

Very little of the book dealt with "killing kennedy." The parts that did were weak beyond belief.

O'Reilly claims that Oswald's first shot hit the President in "the back of the lower neck."

He claimed that during the shots Governor Connally screamed, "They're going to kill us both!"

Throughout the book O'Reilly includes a paragraph here and there about Oswald and what he was doing and thinking at the time. O'Reilly claims to know the exact

date when Oswald decided to murder President Kennedy.

O'Reilly writes about a lot about things like PT 109, Kennedy's promiscuity (at length), Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement, the Emmett Till murder,

the obligatory Bay of Pigs and Missile Crisis. He writes a lot about Jacqueline Kennedy. He touches on episodes like the Walker shooting and writes that Marina

kept her husband captive in the bathroom for the better part of a day. O'Reilly writes that he was knocking on de Mohrendschildt's door when he heard the shotgun blast.

Of course O'Reilly portrays Lee Oswald as a deranged crazy communist drifter loner loser. O'Reilly never misses an opportunity to try and drive these false points home.

O'Reilly has taken the Warren Report and Manchester's Death of a President and severely distilled them down into a quasi- journalistic, jingoistic polemic.

And that's just for part three - the assassination. If I had been taking notes, I could have listed a couple dozen of things that were either false or questionable.

There's no doubt this book will be raked. It's an easy target.

In my opinion, critics could focus more on O'Reilly's egregious sins of omission than his sins of commission. And I think less might be more.

I can't help but think about all the good books written by researchers that worked hard and the modest sales that resulted. This book by O'Reilly will probably be

another million-seller for him. It isn't fair, but that's the power of television.

I guess the good news is that President Kennedy's murder will be a current topic, even if only to a limited extent. That's better than nothing.

Edited to add: I almost forgot; O'Reilly has Oswald firing three shots from a standing position. He calls Martin Dugard "the best researcher I could find."

Edited by Michael Hogan

If you're thinking of buying this book, I'd suggest taking a minute to think twice. There's nothing there of substance, except for people that plan a formal review of some kind.

Boy, is that right. The book is a real dog. Save your money. I'm taking my copy in tonight for a refund.