The Education Forum

Bill OReilly's NewBook

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post about Amazon censorship. Where the GENERAL AUDIENCE CAN SEE IT. Increasingly they are accomplishing their goal. Having us ONLY talk to ourselves. Brave New Internet. Death of the public sphere.

Bingo. The ability to stratify information is their great advantage.

Killing Kennedy has vaulted to #1 on the NY Times hardcover non-fiction list.

http://www.nytimes.c...ction/list.html

If there is a silver lining, it demonstrates that there is still significant interest in the murder of President Kennedy.

Unfortunately, it also demonstrates that too many of those people are clueless about the events surrounding Kennedy's death. And the rest don't care.

Some things never change.

Someone named Umit Tanzer has reposted Barry's video review.

http://www.amazon.co...ostRecentReview

I

Sounds like an old freedom fighter of William Casey's. One who crossed a river just before Bill had health complications. No seriously folks, WHAT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY THIS IS TO POST LINKS TO GREAT BOOKS LIKE BREACH, UNSPEAKABLE,AND OR DRAW NEW INTEREST TO UPCOMING BOOKS SUCH AS JIM'S AND OR SUNDRY INTERZONAL PANAMANIANS.

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

The New York Times Review

by Janet Maslin

http://www.nytimes.c...ugard.html?_r=0

Really disgusting.

It's going to be quite an uphill battle for O'Reilly's critics.

Janet Maslin used to to be a movie critic.

What does she know about this case?

Apparently nothing. As an aside, she also reviewed Alford's book.

http://www.nytimes.c...ref=janetmaslin

I predict the book will not be there very long.

It is just too big of a target.

I hope you are correct, but knowing the dismal knowledge of this case by the average American, I fear you are wrong. Why wrestle with gnawing contradictions in this case when you can have Readers Digest -lite OReilly explain it all so you don't have to do any serious thinking? History has become entertainment.

Jim:

One thing caught my eye in the O'Reilly review. You note that Oswald had copies of the Lamont "Crime Aganist Cuba" pamphlets from the first printing even though he received them in 1963. You also note that CIA ordered 45 of these pamphlets in 1961, and you suggest that Oswald's pamphlets might have come from the CIA batch.

The Lamont pamphlet includes the words "Basic Pamphlets" on its cover. In an undated letter to the FPCC, Oswald asked for 40 or 50 of the fine, basic pamphlets. Someone at the FPCC circled 50 and made a notation that they were sent on 4/19/63, and Oswald thanked them for it in a later letter. That's a fairly good paper trail on the Lamont pamphlets.

If you have my original book, with the original data, you will see why this does not work.

Oswald asked the FPCC 50 copies of that pamphlet; the FPCC indicated that it sent him 50 copies; and Oswald thanked them for sending him pamphlets. That is pretty solid evidence.

Why assume that the ONLY the CIA, not the FPCC itself, had first printings of the Lamont pamphlet? Why assume that the CIA would openly purchase 45 copies of the first printing for its reading room in 1961, hang onto them for two years, then use them in a covert operation in 1963? (Especially considering the FBI, who had a source in the FPCC, could probably have gotten whatever the CIA wanted).

I did go back and re-read Destiny Betrayed. I guess we disagree. I don't see how the evidence trail in the V.T. Lee letters is superseded by the speculation about the successive printings or the 1961 CIA order.

Most of those 17th Okt. 5 stars reviewers made just ONE review...the one about the O Reilly book...

It is a coordinated thing to promote this bullxxxx with a little help from Jeff Bezos??? .easy to see trough LOL

Yes it is odd. I posted a review with a product link to JFK and the Unspeakable. I posted one on the horrible Caro book too and it is still on the front page. But the one I posted On the O Reilly book was already off the page when I went there four hours later. Buried. Nobody ever had a chance to see it.

Consider this: The Bill book has almost 270 reviews. That is more than JFK and the Unspeakable has had in more than four years. And the Bill book has been out about a week.

This is what we are up against. Get off the reservation or you are giving up.

Guest Robert Morrow

Most of those 17th Okt. 5 stars reviewers made just ONE review...the one about the O Reilly book...

It is a coordinated thing to promote this bullxxxx with a little help from Jeff Bezos??? .easy to see trough LOL

It is obviously a coordinated campaign from Bill O'Reilly or the publisher or an ideologue. Notice how insubstantial these idiot non reviews are. The best way to counteract this is with substantial, information packed reviews and substantial information packed posts. I "cut and paste" the very finest JFK research that I have access to recommend informative books, articles and web pages to read.