The Education Forum

JFK movies from Youtube?

John Simkin

Thank you Mr. Simkin.

I wanted to add a movie that aired on ABC in the mid 70s - The Missiles of October. William Devane does a really good JFK.

IMDB Link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071847/

Stats :

Director:Anthony Page

Writers:Stanley R. Greenberg, Robert F. Kennedy (book)

Stars:William Devane, Ralph Bellamy and Howard Da Silva

Part 1 :

Part 2 :

Executive Action, 1973

Link: http://www.youtube.c...notation_694778

Mr.Griffin - excellent contribution. I think this movie probably portrays how it really went down. I've read how many people marvel at Daley Plaza in this movie since it had not changed since the time of the event.

I'll give you an assist - here's the full movie in one link, no segmentation :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL7_Iar2a0o

I've also found the Greg Kinnear Kennedy's Mini Series up on youtube, but not sure if I should post it here due to any distribution issues.

For those who saw that movie, what were your comments? It was very tabloid but the way they got Kinnear to look like JFK was the best I've ever seen. They even had the wrinkles down right. As for how he was portrayed by the writers, it was very disappointing. They basically showed JFK as an aloof uncaring President who really did not want to be involved in any policy matters.

Kinnear is by far the best thing in The Kennedys miniseries, which may have ruined his chances to play JFK in a more serious film. The way he has Kennedy's walk down is spooky. See the long shots filmed outdoors, and the scene where he wanders through the darkened White House at night, dressed in tails. That's why acting is work, and it took me a couple of films to see how subtly Kinnear works.

Edited by David Andrews

One movie that is a 'FUN' JFK movie is called 'TIME QUEST'.

Sure it's a B-Movie and Science fiction, but the basic premise is that JFK survives Dallas and it goes on from there.

I rented this on netflix and thought it was like I said a fun movie.

I don't think it is available anywhere on the net, but here's a good preview and snippet from JFK fans from youtube.

Preview :

Snippet : I love the part where he stands up to the military and LBJ about Vietnam. I just think this is what the REAL JFK would have done too if he lived. Check out the comments too, great one posted below.

One youtube comment I particularly like :

"If you do this, you'll be damned as a Communist Appeaser...... I really don't give a xxxx."

That's what I'm talking about Jack!!!

I miss u Man... I miss your Brother....

I hope you all are at peace, we know what u fought for and we'll take it from here...

billionaireby16 3 years ago 13

Edited by Rodney Rivers

I usually don't like films with time-travel premises like this, and I'm always suspicious of potential exploitation...but Timequest looks like a big damn heap of socially useful fun. I gotta see this.

Some of cinema's greatest social statements have had their messages buried in formula entertainment, and that should be a lesson to new filmmakers, and to novelists.*

* Vince Flynn, Nelson DeMille - you need not apply.

Edited by David Andrews

I have been asked to start a new thread on JFK movies from Youtube?

I wish someone at a TV network or Life magazine or the military would put The Other Film on youtube. Someone must have access to it. What are they waiting for? Just release it. Most intelligent people believe there was a conspiracy, but there is nothing we can do about something that happened 49 years ago. Show us the film. Did H.L. Hunt have it?

Kathy C

I have been asked to start a new thread on JFK movies from Youtube?

I wish someone at a TV network or Life magazine or the military would put The Other Film on youtube. Someone must have access to it. What are they waiting for? Just release it. Most intelligent people believe there was a conspiracy, but there is nothing we can do about something that happened 49 years ago. Show us the film. Did H.L. Hunt have it?

Kathy C

I thought the other film was just a rumor / urban myth? You're talking about what others call the 'real zapruder' film correct? Unedited version where you see the entire car stop and he get shot form the front with back of head blown out? If it exists, who's seen it but a handful of people. I would imagine somebody owns it in a private collection and we'll never see it.

But with the technology today, how come nobody's come out with some kind of animation of what really happened? If they have can someone link it? The only animations / simulations I've seen in the last 10 years or so are ones supporting the LNT. For example, that one ABC did with the late Peter Jennings and a few I've seen on Discovery and History Channels.

Someone into animation here create one?

Here's the assassination sequence from Executive Action - It's probably closer to how it really went down :

Assassination Sequence from the movie WATCHMAN :

Edited by Rodney Rivers

• 1 month later...

'The Kennedys' 2011 mini series is linked below. Greg Kinnear does the best job I've ever seen as JFK from an visual/behavior aspect.

The forum won't let me allow too many media links, so just follow part 1 episode 1 here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m6k6IKGn4U

Each Episode has 3 parts (example Episode 1 Part 1 / Episode 1 Part 2 / Episode 1 Part 3) until it reaches Episode 5,6,7,8 which are full episodes in one link - 40 minutes each.

Enjoy!