The Education Forum

JFK and the Ku Klux Klan

John Simkin

There are only two other people who were present at Terry Consolidated School on November 22, 1963 who saw exactly what I saw happen that day, and were not happy about it. I kinda doubt they will ever talk, though. I guess I am the only fool from Terry who would. I hope to some day to get in contact with them, but time marches on; they are in their mid to late sixties by now.

Terri, in my opinion it doesn't matter if anybody comes forward with their confirmation or not (aside from the fact that violence might be the result).

What matters is that you are courageous enough to stand up for your personal truth, despite critics and hecklers. Although you can't name the person you suspect, and so nobody can research that avenue, it is enough, in my opinion, that you have named the culture and the kind of person that killed JFK.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I can name him since I know his name and where he lived. I don't really care if I am sued or killed. I would hate to die not ever having said a word. So many people ask who did it and why, that since I actually know his name, where he lived, who his buddies were and other crimes they committed, someone besides me (someone who can discern the truth) ought to be told.

And I doubt I can really be sued, since I would demand the records be unsealed and my letter to JFK coughed up, which I would like back anyway, since he didn't listen. The only way out of it is to call me crazy and slander the hell out of ME. Had a good life anyway. I wish I could tell ALL that I know, since there is so much more to tell. Glad I have had the opportunity to tell what little I have told.

Not bragging, but if anyone on this site really wanted to know, they are lucky I have spoken out at last. And I believe, Paul Trejo, that you have the capacity to discern the truth. Lucky ME! TY

Actually I can name him since I know his name and where he lived. I don't really care if I am sued or killed. I would hate to die not ever having said a word. So many people ask who did it and why, that since I actually know his name, where he lived, who his buddies were and other crimes they committed, someone besides me (someone who can discern the truth) ought to be told.

And I doubt I can really be sued, since I would demand the records be unsealed and my letter to JFK coughed up, which I would like back anyway, since he didn't listen. The only way out of it is to call me crazy and slander the hell out of ME. Had a good life anyway. I wish I could tell ALL that I know, since there is so much more to tell. Glad I have had the opportunity to tell what little I have told.

Not bragging, but if anyone on this site really wanted to know, they are lucky I have spoken out at last. And I believe, Paul Trejo, that you have the capacity to discern the truth. Lucky ME! TY

Terri, whether you name him or not, you are still providing valuable clues to the assassination of JFK, in my opinion. For example, I find that few people get the fact that within the USA itself, there is a subculture of Americans that celebrated when JFK was killed. I mean, they had parties.

These were the people of the Deep South who were in the KKK, surely, but even beyond the thugs of the KKK, there were many more Southerner who were deeply involved in the White Citizens' Councils and in the State Sovereignty Commissions, including Congressmen, Governors, Bankers, Civic Leaders, Military Leaders and Society Ladies.

For millions of people in the South, the Supreme Court decision to racially integrate public schools (Brown v. The Board of Education) was an Unconstitutional act -- and they were prepared to defy Washington D.C. to the bitter end.

These people went beyond the KKK at the ground level -- yet as you said, they always reverted to the KKK when they returned to the ground level in the South. I think that is an insight that is worth historical exploration.

You said that the day JFK was killed, in your home town of Terry, Mississippi, the kids in your high school joined the general celebration, and congratulated your relative whom they assumed was the expert marksman who killed JFK. They also exclaimed to you that "the KKK will not stop until there's a K-K-K", which meant that they would keep killing until they killed JFK, MLK and RFK (Kennedy-King-Kennedy).

When history played out exactly in that way in the coming years, you concluded that you had lived close to the center of the cyclone. I would think exactly the same thing if I had been in your shoes.

Furthermore, you shared with us that Guy Banister -- a man who was so close to the events at Lake Pontchartrain, Cuban Exiles, and the address Lee Harvey Oswald stamped on his fake-FPCC handbills, often visited your home town, and even had dinner at your grandmother's house, along with other relatives.

So, whether or not you decide to share that name with anybody, Terri, you are still filling in many blanks in US History with your personal recollections of growing up in your home town in Terry, Mississippi, which has been dominated by the KKK for so long.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Oh I thought I had already given quite a list of names. I don't mind stating again the Albert Lee Lewis of Midway Road in Terry, Mississippi was the man who killed Kennedy, the man on the grassy knoll. He was not a family member; he lived across the road where the Klan rallies with guest speaker Banister, were held in the summer of 1963. There were also Klan rallies in Byram that summer, too.

There was a 'turkey shoot' in Dallas on November 22, 1963, three marksmen in a triangle formation. My uncle was on the other side of the limo. Someone else shot from behind Kennedy as well. But Albert Lee Lewis fired the shot that killed Kennedy; he won the 'turkey shoot'. Everyone, RW McDaniel (principal) most of the high school teachers and nearly all students, congratulated his son right afterwards (within 30 mins of the deed).

Mrs. Long, the seventh grade (civics) teacher who was also the niece of Huey Long, told me that there was no one to tell about it, since my initial reaction was to tell the law. Mrs Long said that the group of men who had just shot the president, were the same group of men who had killed her uncle, in much the same manner as it turned out. She said that nothing was ever done about those men then and that nothing would be done about them now. She was right.

Albert Lee Lewis is dead. He died a few years back, 2007 or so.

My cousins (who still live in the house across from the Lewis' old place) know it is true, but they would never say, because they are Klan. One forum member mentioned going down to Terry and into the back woods, to ask the man's family if it was true. That would be more than stupid, they are still Klan.

Of concern to me was the man we called Doc. Joel Garrett Brunsen. He was a wealthy, gay pathologist who participated in the autopsy of RFK, maybe even JFK. He supplied much of the means to carry out acts of terror on black people. He was a sly, but dangerous man.

I was never a Klansmen and although my grandmother was in the WCC, I was not a member of that either. The were all the same, racists. I abhorred those people, although I HAD to live around them, shop in their stores, befriend their children, pray in their churches and go to their hospitals. The WCC used the Klan to carry out their dirty work, lynchings and whatnot. The WCC didn't make life easy for Black people. They were not 'angels'.

It is unfortunate that it has taken so long to get anywhere with the Kennedy assassination alone. My uncle, Al Guy Hollingsworth, (with the help of another cousin and ex New Orleans cop) went on to commit murder like you wouldn't believe. And he never got caught, no surprise there since the FBI could not afford for him to be charged. My uncle died on May 1, 2007 in Idaho, without charge, although there is evidence that he committed murders in British Columbia Canada as well.

My cousin, the New Orleans excop, son of a wealthy New Orleans family, still lives in Jackson. He has been a long haul truck driver all these decades since.

Edited by Terri Williams

Oh I thought I had already given quite a list of names. I don't mind stating again the Albert Lee Lewis of Midway Road in Terry, Mississippi was the man who killed Kennedy, the man on the grassy knoll. He was not a family member; he lived across the road where the Klan rallies with guest speaker Banister, were held in the summer of 1963. There were also Klan rallies in Byram that summer, too.

There was a 'turkey shoot' in Dallas on November 22, 1963, three marksmen in a triangle formation. My uncle was on the other side of the limo. Someone else shot from behind Kennedy as well. But Albert Lee Lewis fired the shot that killed Kennedy; he won the 'turkey shoot'. Everyone, RW McDaniel (principal) most of the high school teachers and nearly all students, congratulated his son right afterwards (within 30 mins of the deed).

Mrs. Long, the seventh grade (civics) teacher who was also the niece of Huey Long, told me that there was no one to tell about it, since my initial reaction was to tell the law. Mrs Long said that the group of men who had just shot the president, were the same group of men who had killed her uncle, in much the same manner as it turned out. She said that nothing was ever done about those men then and that nothing would be done about them now. She was right.

Albert Lee Lewis is dead. He died a few years back, 2007 or so.

My cousins (who still live in the house across from the Lewis' old place) know it is true, but they would never say, because they are Klan. One forum member mentioned going down to Terry and into the back woods, to ask the man's family if it was true. That would be more than stupid, they are still Klan.

Of concern to me was the man we called Doc. Joel Garrett Brunsen. He was a wealthy, gay pathologist who participated in the autopsy of RFK, maybe even JFK. He supplied much of the means to carry out acts of terror on black people. He was a sly, but dangerous man.

I was never a Klansmen and although my grandmother was in the WCC, I was not a member of that either. The were all the same, racists. I abhorred those people, although I HAD to live around them, shop in their stores, befriend their children, pray in their churches and go to their hospitals. The WCC used the Klan to carry out their dirty work, lynchings and whatnot. The WCC didn't make life easy for Black people. They were not 'angels'.

It is unfortunate that it has taken so long to get anywhere with the Kennedy assassination alone. My uncle, Al Guy Hollingsworth, (with the help of another cousin and ex New Orleans cop) went on to commit murder like you wouldn't believe. And he never got caught, no surprise there since the FBI could not afford for him to be charged. My uncle died on May 1, 2007 in Idaho, without charge, although there is evidence that he committed murders in British Columbia Canada as well.

My cousin, the New Orleans excop, son of a wealthy New Orleans family, still lives in Jackson. He has been a long haul truck driver all these decades since.

Terri, although you'd previously named your childhood neighbor, Albert Lee Lewis (d. 2007), I know of no way to independently research his biography.

Your claim that A.L. Lewis was the man who killed JFK from the grassy knoll must now stand in line along with Lee Harvey Oswald, Roscoe White, Eladio del Valle, James Earl Files, Charles Nicoletti, Johnny Rosselli and others as possible suspects.

Klan rallies are virtually unknown to Yankees -- we must use our imaginations to reconstruct a gathering of thousands of KKK members at a rally in Terry or Byram Mississippi in the summer of 1963. Furthermore, the KKK is a secret society that does not publicize its membership list.

Yet it helps the researcher enormously, Terri, when you say that Guy Banister -- a central character in Jim Garrison's investigations -- was a featured speaker at KKK rallies in your neighborhood.

Your fascinating historical claim, that your high school principal, R.W. McDaniel, along with many of the high school teachers and many students "congratulated his son right afterwards" on that same afternoon, helps us to envision a culture that is like a dream-world to the average American.

Whatever the actual situation, these allegations suggest that the JFK killing might have been a well-known plot in Terry, Mississippi, that is, many people talked about it for a long time beforehand. To illustrate this I will quote from a flyer that I recently found while searching remotely for Guy Banister in the Lousiana Department of Archives and History, dated during the Kennedy administration years, that begins as follows:

------------------ Begin Extract from Kennedy-era KKK flyer ------------------------

Louisiana's Ku Klux Klan hereby calls upon the white christian manhood of the South to follow our leadership, without fear of death or persecution, to save our white race from annihilation, slavery, mongrelism and Communism. Death stalks our land with "Black Congo" anarchy and revolution inspired, promoted and financed by the Kennedy dynasty and the Communist party.

According to our records we believe that according to Article III, Section III of the Constitution of the United States, the President and his Kennedy dynasty are guilty of treason...While federal troops are used to invade Southern States and persecute, harass and intimidate southern governors and destroy the white race, Kennedy's new frontier federal dynasty promotes the black anarchist, Communist branded, Martin Luther King as well as "peaceful co-existence with the Godless conspiracy of Communism..." The peaceful "co-existence gift" of Cuba to Nikita Krushchev by the new frontier Kennedy dynasty...at a time when Kennedy's Federal Government is using all its power and resources to give the lowly, prideless, immoral, parasitical and worthless black race, "Supreme Civil Rights" causes us to believe that this is a betrayal of the white race, our Creator and our country...

------------------- End Extract from Kennedy-era KKK flyer --------------------------

I think it should be clear to the casual observer that this is the level of self-righteous hatred that actually killed JFK. It was a great misfortune that JFK himself underestimated the mood of the Southern States.

Mrs. Long, your seventh grade civics teacher (niece of Huey Long, who was also allegedly assassinated by the KKK) told you that there was no one to tell and that nothing would ever be done about it. It appears that she may have been right.

It is difficult for Yankees to further imagine that in the 21st century, in the year 2013, that the KKK still exists in Terry, Mississippi to this day.

By the way, Terri, your reference to another neighbor of yours, "Doc," the nickname of Dr. Joel Garrett Brunsen, inspired me to find his book in our University Library -- it is a 1,134 page volume named, "Concepts of Disease," and it is an academic research textbook.

You claim that he was sympathetic to the KKK and that he "participated in the autopsy of RFK, maybe even JFK," and that is something I can research.

After reading the principle writings of the WCC, I must agree with you that they were not angels trying to make life easier for Black Americans. They only wanted to maintain segregation at any cost -- although they knew that publicity of atrocities against Black Americans would weaken their cause, rather than strengthen it, so they put on a civil face to the world, and they used economic means -- like getting NAACP members fired from their jobs -- to get their point across.

However, in counties where the Black population was over 50%, the WCC would often hand over control to the KKK. That is a matter of documented history.

Insofar as your account is more than rumor and heresay, Terri, you have carried a tremendous burden all of your life. I, for one, encourage you to continue to share your story and seek justice -- which may still be decades away.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Not sure if you can research who was in the National Guard Reserves in 1963, but Albert Lee Lewis was a National Guardsman, as well as a White Knight. My uncle was in the Merchant Marines in the late 50's early 60's, boiler room, and in an old order of the Mason's. He was also the Chief Engineer of the boiler room at San Francisco State University in 1970. My uncle was also a pretty bad shot. I had found documentation a few years back, that Doc was involved in the autopsy of RFK, but now I cannot find it.

Not sure if you can research who was in the National Guard Reserves in 1963, but Albert Lee Lewis was a National Guardsman, as well as a White Knight.

My uncle was in the Merchant Marines in the late 50's early 60's, boiler room, and in an old order of the Mason's. He was also the Chief Engineer of the boiler room at San Francisco State University in 1970.

My uncle was also a pretty bad shot. I had found documentation a few years back, that Doc was involved in the autopsy of RFK, but now I cannot find it.

Thanks for these details, Terri. I'll see what I can do.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

My brother has a photo of our uncle..... along side Castro. Must be around the late 50's early sixties.

Terri, I'm very curious -- what is your uncle doing along side Fidel Castro? Can you digitize and upload that photograph?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I am curious too. Have to get my brother to do that (the photo is his) and that is a TALL order. I will try.

By the way, Terri, I have a theory that the Ole Miss riots of September 1962 were the preparation for the assassination of JFK in November 1963.

Do you remember anybody in your family and neighborhood circles who talked about the details of KKK participation in the Ole Miss riots of 1962?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul, I was living in Syracuse, New York at that time. When I returned to Terry in July of 1963, the town was in an uproar over Ole Miss, Meredith and school integration. But the biggest uproar was over the confiscation of guns that the guys had been training with.

They were also busting with pride over Banister's visits. That summer talk was of killing Kennedy and it only revved up as the school year progressed. I thoroughly believed they (Klan) meant it, which is why I wrote to JFK to warn him. I knew Albert Lee Lewis was a good shot as I had seen him in action before, so I believed that if JFK went to Dallas, he would be a sitting duck.

Also, during the summer of 1963, I did not know about the other shooters. I did not learn about them until the day of at school and again when I was watching the news with my grandmother, who then bragged I should be proud of my uncle, indicating he was involved and one of the shooters.

Mrs. Webb, the 8th grade teacher of Albert Lee Lewis' son, was the one who told me it was a 'turkey shoot', right after it happened.

The guys had been training in 1962 for an invasion into Cuba, but I was not in the town when they started it up. until March of 1962, I had been living in the Methodist Children's Home in Jackson. In March my two brothers and I went to live with our grandmother, and she soon sent us off to New York with my step father.

Edited by Terri Williams

Paul, I was living in Syracuse, New York at that time. When I returned to Terry in July of 1963, the town was in an uproar over Ole Miss, Meredith and school integration. But the biggest uproar was over the confiscation of guns that the guys had been training with.

They were also busting with pride over Banister's visits. That summer talk was of killing Kennedy and it only revved up as the school year progressed. I thoroughly believed they (Klan) meant it, which is why I wrote to JFK to warn him. I knew Albert Lee Lewis was a good shot as I had seen him in action before, so I believed that if JFK went to Dallas, he would be a sitting duck.

Also, during the summer of 1963, I did not know about the other shooters. I did not learn about them until the day of at school and again when I was watching the news with my grandmother, who then bragged I should be proud of my uncle, indicating he was involved and one of the shooters.

Mrs. Webb, the 8th grade teacher of Albert Lee Lewis' son, was the one who told me it was a 'turkey shoot', right after it happened.

The guys had been training in 1962 for an invasion into Cuba, but I was not in the town when they started it up. until March of 1962, I had been living in the Methodist Children's Home in Jackson. In March my two brothers and I went to live with our grandmother, and she soon sent us off to New York with my step father.

Terri, as I understand this, you were not living in Terry, Mississippi at the time of the Ole Miss riots. If you had been living there, you would have seen things you could never forget, I'm convinced. But you were living in Syracuse, New York at that time.

Next, you returned to Terry, Mississippi in July of 1963, and by that time the national uproar over the riots at Ole Miss in September, 1962, was completely overshadowed by the latest development in US/USSR relations as it related to Cuba, namely, that JFK wanted to show the world that the USA would keep its hands off of Cuba.

To that end, JFK ordered that all Cuban Exile paramilitary training Camps (like the one led by Guy Banister at Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana) must be shut down. JFK ordered the FBI to confiscate all paramilitary weapons, which the Cuban Exiles and Minutemen -- and evidently the KKK -- had been planning to use for a new invasion of Cuba.

I can easily see how this would trump the news of the Ole Miss riots. The Ole Miss riots were now nine months in the past, while the Cuban Crisis was still big news. At this time also -- according to ex-General Walker himself -- the US right-wing was officially joining hands with Cuban Exiles to invade Cuba, with or without White House approval.

Therefore, when JFK ordered the shut down of all paramilitary training Camps, the radical right-wing (including the KKK) obviously thought that this was one more betrayal -- and one more proof that Washington DC was filled with Communists.

Why else would a US President shut down Anticommunist paramilitary groups? The easiest answer was that JFK must be a Communist -- and so Joe McCarthy was right -- and the John Birch Society was right -- and ex-General Walker was right: JFK was a Communist; a traitor; and all traitors deserve the firing squad.

So, Terri, the big news in July, 1963, when you returned to Terry, Mississippi, was no longer the Ole Miss riots of 1962, but now it was the fact that the Lake Pontchartrain paramilitary training camp (coordinated by Guy Banister) was being shut down, and their large cache of war weapons was confiscated by the FBI.

The KKK would have framed this in terms of Constitutional rights -- JFK, they would have said, was breaking the Second Amendment to the Constitution -- proof of treason.

That is now much clearer to me. Yet imagine, if you will, what Terry, Mississippi was like nine months before this time, when the big news of the day was that JFK was sending thousands of federal troops to Mississippi to force the State of Mississippi to change its way of life, using threat of bayonets.

It seems to me that members of the KKK would never stay at home during the massive riots that occurred at Oxford, Mississippi in the autumn of 1962. I feel certain that your relatives in the KKK would have been there at Oxford.

In any case -- you weren't there during that period, and that answers my initial question. My next question to you, though, is this: you say that you had seen Albert Lee Lewis shoot on occasion. Would you kindly relate to us the occasion or occasions in which you had the opportunity to see Albert Lee Lewis shoot a rifle?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Yes of course Paul. I lived with my great grandparents while my mother was in Whitfield, after her solidarity action with Rosa Parks (sitting in the back of the bus, when she was sent for shock treatment). During that time, a snake was getting into the henhouse and Papa asked Mr Lewis to come shoot the snake.

The snake had been found in the outhouse, but had taken off across the field by the time Mr Lewis arrived. He shot the snake in the head, just by watching the grass move. The snake was not visible. Mr Lewis just watched the grass and shot, and the snake was dead with one or two bullets.

That was about the only use Papa had for the man.

Of course Mr Lewis went and got the snake and was showing it off that he had hit it in the head. That is pretty damn good shooting by anyone's standards.

Edited by Terri Williams

Uh Oh, did you read about this? http://whowhatwhy.com/2012/05/30/is-the-government-holding-back-crucial-documents/

"Frustrated by the administration’s foot-dragging on JFK, AARC sent a letter urging the government to get off its duff. One signer was G. Robert Blakey, who served as a Chief Counsel to the House Select Committee on Assassinations (which in its 1978 final report said that, um…it looks like an organized conspiracy was responsible for JFK’s death.)"

I hope he is not waiting until I can be droned or something. ii YiPeS !!!