The Education Forum

JFK and the Ku Klux Klan

John Simkin

Paul, I certainly can't argue that there are a number of people that have their own agendas with the public school system and I think you have pointed out a very serious one that certainly still exists to a considerable extent....but as with many personal agendas its hard to know the real core issue. Racism and anti-Antisemitism has been part of it; fear of exposing children to other belief system and life styles is not uncommon. At the core although many will say its an academic concern, control and avoiding "contamination" of all sorts is obviously a core issue in many parental decisions. And politically, well that's another issue as well but lets just say that championing schools as better run by business people can make an interesting campaign plank. On another of your points...

"Because of subsequent "taxpayer revolts" and incessant movements toward "charter schools" and "private schools" and "home schooling" and "school vouchers", it appears to me that California public schools are not what they used to be -- they don't resemble the schools that I attended from 1957 to 1970.

In that regard, I certainly agree. Fragmentation and loss of financial support is a real threat to all our public efforts - from schools to roads. When people decide they don't want to pay to support a public resource and then complain about it going downhill, well talk about Catch 22. I will say though that speaking from personal experience, being on the board of the same school I graduated from in 1965, our school is far beyond where it was when I attended - we teach things in third grade I didn't get until 8th or 9th grade and we offer both college credit and votech credit to our high school students. They can easily earn a years worth of advanced college credits before they graduate high school. That's partially because Oklahoma has had a very strong Votech system which focuses on STEM (science and technology). As to testing, I know the situation exists but our testing is far more rigorous and demanding than when I was in school (good to be old). But of course that doesn't represent every school in the state; as with most things it comes down to the individual school and those involved....which is why I cringe when I see broad generalizations about American education or actually about almost anything.

So having said all that I'll get off my soapbox and go have lunch.... Larry

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I like Paul, but the confirmation biases inherent in his posts are too tedious to deal with on an ongoing basis.

Here is another example:

.... He was a rich kid (like Mitt Romney) who lived in a bubble, and before Martin Luther King, Jr., JFK probably never met a Black American who wasn't a butler or a janitor.

Actually, Michael, I agree with you. I overstated my case, clearly. JFK was in the military until 1957, which means that JFK served in a racially integrated military (integrated by Truman in 1948).

Add to this the meteoric rise of Thurgood Marshall on the legal team of the NAACP in the 1950's -- it's possible that that JFK met Marshall and possibly other Black leaders in the NAACP. JFK might might have met Jackie Robinson -- I don't know.

When JFK's father was a movie mogul in Hollywood in the 1940's, it's possible that JFK met some Black entertainment stars. So, I revoke my sentence.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul, I certainly can't argue that there are a number of people that have their own agendas with the public school system and I think you have pointed out a very serious one that certainly still exists to a considerable extent....but as with many personal agendas its hard to know the real core issue. Racism and anti-Antisemitism has been part of it; fear of exposing children to other belief system and life styles is not uncommon. At the core although many will say its an academic concern, control and avoiding "contamination" of all sorts is obviously a core issue in many parental decisions. And politically, well that's another issue as well but lets just say that championing schools as better run by business people can make an interesting campaign plank. On another of your points...

"Because of subsequent "taxpayer revolts" and incessant movements toward "charter schools" and "private schools" and "home schooling" and "school vouchers", it appears to me that California public schools are not what they used to be -- they don't resemble the schools that I attended from 1957 to 1970.

In that regard, I certainly agree. Fragmentation and loss of financial support is a real threat to all our public efforts - from schools to roads. When people decide they don't want to pay to support a public resource and then complain about it going downhill, well talk about Catch 22. I will say though that speaking from personal experience, being on the board of the same school I graduated from in 1965, our school is far beyond where it was when I attended - we teach things in third grade I didn't get until 8th or 9th grade and we offer both college credit and votech credit to our high school students. They can easily earn a years worth of advanced college credits before they graduate high school. That's partially because Oklahoma has had a very strong Votech system which focuses on STEM (science and technology). As to testing, I know the situation exists but our testing is far more rigorous and demanding than when I was in school (good to be old). But of course that doesn't represent every school in the state; as with most things it comes down to the individual school and those involved....which is why I cringe when I see broad generalizations about American education or actually about almost anything.

So having said all that I'll get off my soapbox and go have lunch.... Larry

Well, Larry, I will revoke my generalizations here, too. I'm glad we agree on some general principals, but I overstate my case when I generalize too broadly. I haven't seen all the public schools in the USA, and you describe a public school system in excellent health -- so I was being too cranky.

Yet getting back to the thread at hand -- the KKK in Terry, Mississippi during 1963 -- I wonder what the public school system looks like today in Terry, Mississippi. Perhaps Terri Williams can enlighten us about that social situation.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Yet getting back to the thread at hand -- the KKK in Terry, Mississippi during 1963 -- I wonder what the public school system looks like today in Terry, Mississippi. Perhaps Terri Williams can enlighten us about that social situation.

I don't think there's an event in contemporary American history that Terri "Forrest Gump" Williams couldn't "enlighten" you on, Paul. The woman has interacted with every U.S. mass murderer, terrorist, assassin and serial-killer since 1960...

****************BEGIN LUNACY************************

SUNDAY, JULY 04, 2004

DC Snipers

In an emergency shelter, in Vancouver's DTES (Downtown Eastside), I met the mother and wife of the 'DC Snipers'. She asked me one day if I would meet her husband, that he really wanted to meet me. I had no idea why, except I had just come back from LA where I lived homeless and could relate to the woman's plight. She had two little girls with her and was homeless in a new country. I felt for her, while understanding what life was like where she came from. I had said to her, "Americans are really rough on each other". Apparently she and her husband agreed with me.

She introduced her son and husband to me in front of the shelter entrance as John, her husband & John, her son.

I joked that I would get confused in the DTES with two John's.

So her son introduced himself as John Malvo and his father as John Muhammed. The father wanted me to know what he planned to do and wanted proof of our meeting, so in early July 2002, the only time I ever met the man, John Muhammad told me of his plans in front of the surveillance camera of the shelter. He must have wanted the proof to be there, that we met and that he did tell me what he was about to do. The footage WAS there when I emailed FBI about where they could find PROOF the DC Snipers WERE in Vancouver. They found it and the bad cop was retired, not sent to prison for allowing the murder of Americans to be carried out. If I were the relatives of those victims, I'd sue that cop.

John Muhammad seemed to be very angry and frustrated with the way of life for the poor and blacks in 'America'. I had just comeback from LA where I was homeless and could not help but agree with him. The rich deny the poor human respect (let alone life) while catering to the wealthy and corporate (criminals).

Although Muhammed's way was not my idea of how to solve things. I do not think that killing anyone is the answer, I do understand how someone could reach the state of wanting to kill; so much injustice is done to the poor and no one who could care, would, or would even be allowed to care. But murder? No, not me.

Many people were murdered in my hometown in Mississippi in the 50's, 60's and beyond. No one has ever been convicted of ANY of the deaths as far as I know. The deaths were not even considered deaths by the authorities back then, because the victims were not white and even if they were, that too would be kept hush-hush. No one reported black people who went missing and if anyone tried, no report was ever taken by the white police officers of Mississippi in it's dark heyday of hatred. Those people simply disappeared, no questions asked. (and I do mean No questions)

Yet murder is never the answer, even in response to murder. Justice is. There are those (white Klansmen) in my hometown who have gotten away with serial murder, even assassination; they need to be brought to justice. I will do my part, but it is, as always, up to the authorities to DO something about it. Why should it take so long?

John Muhammad proceeded to tell me of his plan to have his son tucked into the trunk of a car to shoot and kill Americans, even acting it out by pretending to shoot a rifle as we talked. I became fearful that since he knew I was an American, my life could be in danger too. I looked around as he talked and noticed that the man could get a good shot at me from any rooftop in the neighbourhood, so I went along with him, to lessen the chances he would shoot me first.

I mentioned to him that there were plenty of KKK in Mississippi who are guilty of murders they will never be convicted for. The FBI in Seattle were guilty for LAUGHING when I tried to tell them about the 911 attackers (See Fatwah) I had met in Canada in 1999. I mentioned this to him to lessen the chance he would shoot me first. It really wasn't the time to start lecturing the man on the moral conduct.

I could tell the boy was afraid of his father too. What can you do when you are 17, know that if police don't listen and it could cost you your life in trying to tell them? What would you do if there was no police you could turn to and nowhere to escape this man, but the streets?

A few days later I saw John Malvo sleeping on the church steps at the corner of Gore and Cordova Streets in Vancouver's DTES. I went up to him and asked if he was all right and if he wanted some help. He was curled up in a sleeping bag in front of the locked door of 'God's' empty House.

He smiled sweetly and said he was all right. I could tell he wasn't; I saw the fear in his eyes, so I walked across the street to the back of the British Columbia courthouse where there was the big, white, grey-haired Vancouver Police Department (VPD) officer#___, an officer, unknownst to me, with a BAD reputation even amongst his coworkers. I figured a man of his stature and position could do something to help John Malvo and stop John Muhammad before he left Canada and murdered Americans.

I explained to the officer what Muhammad had said he planned to do and told him the man had a rifle with him. Then I asked for his assistance for the boy saying, "The boy needs help to get away from his father. Please can you help him? I believe his father intends to carry out the threat he made to me".

The big cop, with the character of a pitbull, laughed and walked off at the mention of Americans in danger. He refused to help. There was nothing more I could do, but I had tried.

I felt strongly John Malvo had no choice but to go along with his father. The police officer should have helped. It was his job. You just can't be that ignorant and still be a good cop, it is scientifically impossible.

Let's all pray VPD have regained their moral code of ethics and now employ a few good cops who can diligently pursue the bad ones that do exist. Let's all pray VPD get over their admitted "indifference" to the plight of the not-so-rich. Let's all pray that independent investigations of police misconduct becomes a reality, everywhere. Let's all be thankful the big, crooked cop is "retired". Who took his place?

© Terri Williams

MysTerri@gmail.com

Links

Zodiac Killer

Fatwah

Petition to Out-law Police Self-investigation

POSTED BY TERRI WILLIAMS AT 9:09 AM

5 COMMENTS:

mauricebenson2317 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:35 PM

EYEZ said...

First of all these "MURDERERS" are'nt snipers. The communist media we have in this country "TAGGED" them snipers for ratings. I have killed deer with a rifle at 420 yds. that does'nt make me a sniper. Distance of a kill doesnt mean anyhting. Snipers are highly trained and skilled people who have a duty and job to protect and serve, not maim and murder. Snipers are also highly screened and tested before being accepted into the training schools, military or police. So not just any " nutt job" can make it in. It is a total insult to the craft and to those who have earned the title of " SNIPER," to have a couple of islamic racist pigs be called after their craft. So get it right, those DC thugs are nothing more than human trash and deserving of the needle.

1:35 PM

shawnhunor6167028069 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:39 PM

Terri Williams said...

I wonder how well they tested Albert Lee Lewis.

12:24 PM

Terri Williams said...

I bet you don't know who Albert Lee Lewis is.

10:09 PM

Post a Comment

Home

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

http://dcsnipersinca...dc-snipers.html

****************END OF LUNACY****************************************

Paul Trejo is welcome to Terri Williams. They make a great research team and I sincerely hope that they continue to "enlighten" each other over the coming weeks.

Lee,

Gullibility combined with a sense of insecurity makes it easy for someone to be manipulated into spewing out what amounts to disinformation. Kinda like a "bot" computer.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

...Paul Trejo is welcome to Terri Williams. They make a great research team and I sincerely hope that they continue to "enlighten" each other over the coming weeks.

Lee, if only your skill in research was as nimble as your skill in stand-up comedy...

In fact, the plausibility of the involvement of the KKK in many of the major crimes of the 20th century is a sociological reality.

This fact alone gives some weight to the perspective offered by Terri Williams.

Add to this the JFK research done on the extremist right-wing in the USA (which includes the KKK) and an objective researcher (who is interested in more than a career in comedy) ought to be willing to take a deeper look into reports from the KKK perspective -- reports which are rare and hard-to-find because the KKK is a secret society.

Terri Williams brings eye-witness, anecdotal evidence to the table, Lee, rather than a professorship from Oxford. Yet some people can only respect the high and mighty -- oh, well.

Lots of people bring only their eye-witness and anecdotal (and valuable) evidence to the JFK research table; like Terri Williams, Harry Dean and Ron Lewis -- to name just a few. They aren't Oxford professors, but they have a piece of the truth that we seek.

Using discernment to evaluate the precise measure of that truth is a task for the outstanding researcher -- and stand up comedy is a task for class clowns.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Lee Farley is an outstanding researcher. My first inclination was to respond in detail to Paul's latest post, but since it was directed to Lee, I'll leave that to him for now.

Does anyone else really believe this crap?

http://911terrorists...99.blogspot.ca/

Thanks to Lee for bringing this to light.

Michael,

I believe that Terri is a national treasure source of "information" seein' as how she just seems to be peripherally connected to so darn many interesting and dangerous people! Amazing! Truly amazing!

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I've followed this thread with interest from the start and I really hope this does not degenerate into a mud sling -

I too think Lee is an outstanding researcher but it does not stop me seeing value in this thread - and Lee's 'comedy' is not the stuff of clowns, it is sharp, cutting and very well observed.

Yes there is much about Terri's accounts that raises doubts (especially when looked at collectively) but non the less, the testimony offered re the KKK seems plausible (if looked at in isolation) and worthy of investigation. I would love to see a good investigative journalist get hold of this. There is a story here that could be significant even if it takes a very different turn from that presented by Terri.

So - Lee has made comment (which did need to be said) and Paul has responded. So lets just get on with research now before this becomes another moon landings, twin-towers conspiracy level debate, which to some would be less believable then Terri's claims here.

I've followed this thread with interest from the start and I really hope this does not degenerate into a mud sling -

I too think Lee is an outstanding researcher but it does not stop me seeing value in this thread - and Lee's 'comedy' is not the stuff of clowns, it is sharp, cutting and very well observed.

Yes there is much about Terri's accounts that raises doubts (especially when looked at collectively) but non the less, the testimony offered re the KKK seems plausible (if looked at in isolation) and worthy of investigation. I would love to see a good investigative journalist get hold of this. There is a story here that could be significant even if it takes a very different turn from that presented by Terri.

So - Lee has made comment (which did need to be said) and Paul has responded. So lets just get on with research now before this becomes another moon landings, twin-towers conspiracy level debate, which to some would be less believable then Terri's claims here.

Lindsay, if you're going to lecture posters on how to conduct themselves I think it would be fair to say who it is you're speaking to or about.

If it's Lee and Paul, I think both of them are capable of governing their own behaviour.

Frankly, I found Paul Trejo's comment that Terri Williams could enlighten us to be condescending and insulting.

In my opinion, the few responses on this thread to what has all the earmarks of a hoax have been relatively understated and restrained.

The testimony (if that's what you want to call it) re the KKK does not seem plausible on many different levels. Since you believe otherwise, I have no interest in changing your mind.

You say this story raises doubts? http://911terrorists...99.blogspot.ca/

That's a mild way of putting it, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Thanks Michael -

Seems plausible is far from saying I believe every word of the story and I hope I made that clear.

No lecture here (apologies if that is how it appeared) and my post was not directed at anyone in particular, I've seen something of interest in most of the posts on this thread, with the exception of Paul's response to Lee, questioning Lee's value as a researcher. I wanted to disagree with that statement, while saying that I find the premise of Terri's 'testimony' interesting.

I do find it (strange/annoying/disappointing - not really sure of the right word), when researchers / contributors attach themselves strongly to other conspiracies, events (as Terri does here) or extreme views. If all that stuff had happened to me, I hope I would keep most of it to myself and limit myself to the one area in which I had the most to offer. Thankfully my life is not that interesting.

Edited by Lindsay Anderson

I think Lee is completely right here. If the KKK was the driving force behind the JFK assassination, they had to have been even unhappier than the anti-Castro Cubans over the results. The Civil Rights laws and Voring Rights laws that were passed after JFK's death were certainly not something supported by the KKK. Maybe they were happy just to have killed a Damn Yankee. And the KKK became a laughingstock in subsequent years, with virtually no political influence.

I think the coverup proves that there were a lot more powerful forces behind the assassination of JFK.

I think Lee is completely right here. If the KKK was the driving force behind the JFK assassination, they had to have been even unhappier than the anti-Castro Cubans over the results. The Civil Rights laws and Voring Rights laws that were passed after JFK's death were certainly not something supported by the KKK. Maybe they were happy just to have killed a Damn Yankee. And the KKK became a laughingstock in subsequent years, with virtually no political influence.

I think the coverup proves that there were a lot more powerful forces behind the assassination of JFK.

Don

I think the coverup proves that there were a lot more powerful forces behind the cover up of the assassination of JFK.

The question for me is whether or not the KKK were the a driving force behind / significant contributor to, the JFK assassination.

Even if they were the driving force, that does not absolve the CIA, MIC, LJ or other usual suspects of involvement in the act or the coverup, That's why I think we need better reasons than Terri's credibility (which of course is important) before significant KKK involvement can be ruled out.

There are several reasons I find this thread interesting, one being that it brings another possibility to the table that I had not even considered before, another being that there are elements of Terri's 'testimony' that may be testable (even if doing so would be far beyond my own resources or ability).

Paul's reply was accompanied by his customary geniality but true to the pattern of a debater, he avoids the nuts and bolts

of the issues by employing distracting irrelevancies when he is unable to defend his position with data or logic.

Paul Trejo's reply to Lee Farley is just another example of the above:

Lee, if only your skill in research was as nimble as your skill in stand-up comedy...

In fact, the plausibility of the involvement of the KKK in many of the major crimes of the 20th century is a sociological reality.

This fact alone gives some weight to the perspective offered by Terri Williams.

Add to this the JFK research done on the extremist right-wing in the USA (which includes the KKK) and an objective researcher (who is interested in more than a career in comedy) ought to be willing to take a deeper look into reports from the KKK perspective -- reports which are rare and hard-to-find because the KKK is a secret society.

Terri Williams brings eye-witness, anecdotal evidence to the table, Lee, rather than a professorship from Oxford. Yet some people can only respect the high and mighty -- oh, well.

Lots of people bring only their eye-witness and anecdotal (and valuable) evidence to the JFK research table; like Terri Williams, Harry Dean and Ron Lewis -- to name just a few. They aren't Oxford professors, but they have a piece of the truth that we seek.

Using discernment to evaluate the precise measure of that truth is a task for the outstanding researcher -- and stand up comedy is a task for class clowns.

Paul's reply did not even offer a comment on these stories which indicate a clear pattern of fabrication.

http://dcsnipersinca...dc-snipers.html

http://911terrorists...99.blogspot.ca/

http://thetruezodiac...-come-true.html

I can see why Paul would want to avoid them. He has too much invested in the Terry, Mississippi story.